Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Nogoody
12 Apr 20 17:02
| Topic/replies: 680 | Blogger: Nogoody's blog
but the ground would have been too firm anyway.
This forum seems to be self isolating.
I hope poor ((( Catch ))) hasn't caught anything, he hasn't infested any threads for ages.
Stay safe everyone and keep the powder dry.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
cloone river
When: 12 Apr 20 22:28
It was always a good few days.Not to much to put the powder on these days Nogoody.One bet I would have is Gordon Elliott at 9/2 for top trainer.But keep that to yourself Nogoody.Just think he will have alot more going for him next season.☺
By:
foxy
When: 14 Apr 20 11:42
Where have you seen that price cloone?
By:
cloone river
When: 14 Apr 20 18:38
Willie Mullins and Gordon Elliott dominated last month’s Cheltenham Festival with both saddling seven winners and the pair will engage battle once again whenever the new Irish National Hunt season eventually gets underway.

Elliott has pushed Mullins all the way in the Trainers’ Championship for the last number of years and the master of Cullentra House is priced up at 9/2 with Paddy Power and Betfair to finally make the breakthrough in the 2020/21 campaign.

Not surprisingly Mullins has been installed the 1/8 favourite as he bids to land the title for a 14th successive season.

Paul Townend, who first landed the National Hunt Jockeys’ Championship all of nine years ago, is also at short odds as he seeks to make it three in a row after retaining his crown last season.

The 29-year-old is the red-hot 1/3 favourite while Davy Russell, who has also won the title three times in the past, is next in the betting at 7/2.

Paddy Power and Betfair bet:

Champion NH Trainer: 1/8 Willie Mullins, 9/2 Gordon Elliott, 16 Henry de Bromhead, 40 Joseph O’Brien, 66 Jessica Harrington, Noel Meade.

Champion NH Jockey: 1/5 Paul Townend, 7/2 Davy Russell, 12 Rachael Blackmore, 25 Jack Kennedy, 33 Danny Mullins, 50 Robbie Power, 66 Sean Flanagan, Mark Walsh.

Paddy Power’s spokesman Paul Binfield commented, “Davy interrupted usual service when scoring in 2017/18, but generally if you have the support of Willie Mullins, you win it. Ruby Walsh was dominant for four seasons before that and Paul Townend’s now chasing a very likely hat-trick.”

Betfair’s Head of Racing PR Barry Orr held out some hope of a changing of the guard in the training ranks saying, “Gordon Elliott is the only viable alternative to Willie Mullins in the trainers betting and at 9/2 there may prove to be some juice in his price in what is effectively a match bet’’

The UK National Hunt Champion Trainer and Jockey markets are also headed by odds-on shots with Nicky Henderson and Richard Johnson strongly favoured.

Henderson and Paul Nicholls have monopolised the trainers’ title between them for the past 15 years, while newly crowned champion jockey Brian Hughes is the obvious threat to Johnson.
By:
foxy
When: 14 Apr 20 19:00
Thanks cloone £2.22 sports book I try another way.
By:
cloone river
When: 14 Apr 20 19:41
No problem.Maybe wait till the shops reopen?
By:
foxy
When: 14 Apr 20 21:11
Possible problem there the way things are going he will have had his usual 5 or 6 winners on troytown day had a good fairyhouse and won the savills plus all the bread and butter stuff before the shops reopen.
By:
foxy
When: 14 Apr 20 21:12
I’ll find away Wink
By:
cloone river
When: 14 Apr 20 21:24
Just think he will have alot more going for him next season.And I mean this.
By:
foxy
When: 14 Apr 20 22:29
Me to
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel