Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
punchestown
13 Dec 18 16:36
| Topic/replies: 5,963 | Blogger: punchestown's blog
Looked about 10 punters there with the camera facing the stands.Sad
Pause Switch to Standard View Tramore "Crowd" today.
Show More
Report pa lapsy December 13, 2018 5:24 PM GMT
Hello Punchestown,i actually counted 6, there were a fair few more in the other stand (on the right of camera) maybe 40?, i was shocked at the crowd like yourself all the same, dirty day down south though.
Report workrider December 13, 2018 5:49 PM GMT
To think they are trying to get punters to pay to watch this, people losing interest day after day and they can't see it. Surely its time trainers etc became more open about their horses chances , wishful thinking I know but its a dying game and the heads in the sand brigade are doing sweet F.A. about it while holding down well paid jobs...
Report kavvie December 13, 2018 5:59 PM GMT
and jan 1 there will be very few even looking at it. as you say workrider its a dying game .
Report pa lapsy December 13, 2018 6:06 PM GMT
I think trainers are open regarding a horses chance WR but they aren't going to get that right all the time,also maybe a conflict of interest re a punting owner.

ATR did nothing for Tramore today,i didn't watch it all but they had a lackey at Nexcastle interviewing winning   riders at Newcastle,Boyce had a minute or so window to give his spiel on the Tramore race then,was quite shocked at his 2.00 summarisation,he waffled on about the winners penalty but no mention that today was totally contrasting ground.
Cheap,shoddy coverage, tbf their coverage on bigger meetings can be excellent with G O B, K Ryan and Blake but they are seldom seen.
Report kavvie December 13, 2018 6:18 PM GMT
yes today was a shambles.but i suppose they are on their last legs in ireland so spending will be at a minimum ..jesus was there 50 paying customers there today? i doubt it..
Report punchestown December 13, 2018 8:43 PM GMT
At least people could watch it on TV without paying for an extra channel and with the forecast coverage we are to receive from the new set up there won't be many signing up for it who don't already have it.Doesn't augur well for the future of the Sport here.
Report peckerdunne December 13, 2018 10:36 PM GMT
Dying a slow painfully slow death.

I think it requires engaging and imaginative measures.

Let's see, well you could give away a house every month to anyone who can produce a paid stub of 
Visit to any meeting that month.

You could have a jackpot style bet.
six weeks,six tracks,feature race only,
Obviously below cost price example there
Or accept its game up!
A million to the winner
Can only be purchased on course.
Report peckerdunne December 13, 2018 10:38 PM GMT
Like an auld song some lines got mixed up somehow
Report kevo December 13, 2018 11:40 PM GMT
Lads it will be less than 1 euro a day to watch on Racing TV in 2019, don't use Tramore as the benchmark for the quality.
Report frank60 December 14, 2018 12:29 PM GMT
https://www.rte.ie/sport/other-sport/2018/1212/1016841-a-brave-new-dawn-for-...
Report punchestown December 14, 2018 9:43 PM GMT
Lads it will be less than 1 euro a day to watch on Racing TV in 2019, don't use Tramore as the benchmark for the quality.

----------------------

But Irish Racing will be on the back burner most days as the English Racing will have priority.
Report cloone river December 15, 2018 10:54 PM GMT
What can make people bitter about Irish racing can be all to see in the 2.25 at fairyhouse today.Nothing to report to the stewards and no action taken.At least Irishing.com summed it up without actually saying it.ilikedwayurthinkin.
Report pa lapsy December 15, 2018 11:47 PM GMT
First thing i looked at about 4.30 was turf club daily reports,not there and agree a pity, i think the "less than 1 euro a day" is a bit glib,sky on its own is saucy enough without add ons, ok if you're single but a fair whack overall to justify on just yourself imo.
Report punchestown December 16, 2018 10:52 AM GMT
cloone river-there's a thread about it on the other horse racing forum (Mark Walsh) which I contributed to,the horse was clearly not off yesterday and was tenderly handled to say the least.Bigger day obviously planned.Very very seldom will a JP runner get hauled across the coals and similar to the diving culture in soccer it's something that has to be addressed.
Report cloone river December 16, 2018 7:38 PM GMT
I would say it was stopped.May as well call a spade a spade.I would say we could see it at limerick over christmas steping up in trip.
Report shlotter December 16, 2018 10:33 PM GMT
We should be doing all we can to support our racecourses and sport. Even Down Royal...
Report cloone river December 16, 2018 10:58 PM GMT
Maybe when racecourses and the turf club start to look after punters and the paying public they will get more support.
Report workrider December 17, 2018 10:47 PM GMT
Well said Cloone...
Report foxy January 9, 2019 4:38 PM GMT
Why are people so downbeat about racing in Ireland I love coming over if I lived there I would go almost everyday.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com