Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tony57
08 Nov 18 11:46
| Topic/replies: 39,562 | Blogger: tony57's blog
my 2 threads were deleted wr..one about the 2yr old season? ah well..i dont bother much anyway
Show More
Report workrider November 8, 2018 6:29 PM GMT
Its shameful Tony,and they talk about Donald..
Report workrider November 10, 2018 10:26 AM GMT
Macron, now calling for a E.U..Army. God what have we let ourselves in for...
Report peckerdunne November 13, 2018 7:53 PM GMT
Day day DUP
Report peckerdunne November 14, 2018 11:53 AM GMT
Rebels will be out today..
Report Kelly November 15, 2018 3:29 PM GMT
Shambles from Day one .  Nothing has changed except a lot of the players , how many British cabinet ministers have had to be fired or have jumped ship in the last 2 years .

The "Mother of Parliaments " ( their words ) a complete shambles , an out of date model , mired in old boy (girl) networks .  Time to rethink the whole political process in the UK . Not fit for purpose currently.

Unfortunately the destiny of a lot of us south and north hangs on people with whom we have little influence , and little regard for . Planning a career / business/ lifestyle at present almost an impossible task .

My contacts near the border tell me there could be a big trade in white vans soon . Some are actually looking forward to a shambolic set of arrangements which will deliver "business" opportunities .
Report Kelly November 15, 2018 8:16 PM GMT
The most interesting thing I saw today was the poll via Sky News asking people what should happen following the events of the last few days .

55% said there should be another referendum , and several "neutral" observers said they thought this figure should be higher .  What was unsaid though was that the 55% wanted another referendum , but those not wishing another referendum was only 35% . Dividing up the no voters in proportion puts the second referendum wish at over 60% .  I think this momentum will continue . Hopefully .

The brexiteers are paranoid about another vote now that the reality of the implications of leaving have surfaced properly.

One of the main factors is that there are no real leaders in any of the main political parties in UK , May is the nearest they have to a leader , and she may not last long .
Report workrider November 16, 2018 5:34 PM GMT
If there is another one Kelly, then NEVER again can ANY Government decision be allowed stand. Pandora's box will have been opened and nothing will ever be the same. Those wishing for another should be very careful...
Report jimeen November 16, 2018 6:21 PM GMT
They revoted twice over here in the last 20 years on stuff , and there wasn’t a word about it . Those wishing for another vote don’t have to be careful about anything, because if there was another vote , then remain would win by a distance . If they bet on it , then exit would be a 1000/1 and that would be a bad price . The only people that should be careful about a revote are the morons who voted it in the first place and haven’t the brain to realise what a stupid decision it was.
Report peckerdunne November 16, 2018 6:58 PM GMT
Not sure you lads totally understand,if I may, ha,

It can't be done.

A vote on the contents of the deal might be possible but not in the present time frame.

I won't go in to the detail as it would get me started.

Ireland in a bad place now, leo.

Critical in fact.

Thanks Arlene and Sammy for unification.

The only good thing to this..
Report jimeen November 16, 2018 7:44 PM GMT
Unification would be the worst thing that could possibly come out of this . If I had my way , I’d get a chainsaw and cut away the six counties and let them drift away up to Greenland.
Report peckerdunne November 16, 2018 8:42 PM GMT
Why Jim pls
Report peckerdunne November 16, 2018 8:50 PM GMT
Many leavers now want to remain.

I said it could not happen from the outset.

Seemed rather obvious to me.

I was a remainer from the outset but I am not a Euro file
Report Kelly November 16, 2018 10:47 PM GMT
That Gove is still there and Rudd is back indicate an increase in the possibility that May will hang on , plus Fox is changing his strident tune.

Waiting for developments .  Think a second referendum might happen .

The DUP have been side tracked  , sensible opinion across a broad spectrum here in the north is that they are barking up the wrong tree , having backed the wrong horse before flagfall for the interests of their constituents . All the local media here today confirmed this .  But by their nature they will continue to say "never" .  It's in their DNA .
Report shlotter November 16, 2018 10:53 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjEkjeVzL34
Report workrider November 16, 2018 11:44 PM GMT
Anyone of the opinion that the U.K. remaining in the E.U. is a good idea should have their collective heads examined . Britain is the bigger donor to the paychecks of the clowns running the greatest scam ever perpetrated on a People. Even this poor Country of ours has been stripped naked and tucked up in bed by these robbers. They took our fishing industry , Oil , and gave us 71 Billion .It is estimated that our Fishing rights alone have a value of 470 Billion , and they told us we are doing well to get that!
Along with paying the German banks Billions because they took a gamble and lost. I'm going to Punchestown tomorrow and will be having a few bets, if any of them lose can i call on a few of you here to pay them for me and give me my money back if they lose. Because that's EXACTLY what we did for the German speculators.. E. U. the worst day's work the voters of Ireland ever did...
Report mrcombustible November 17, 2018 9:05 AM GMT
The voice of reason speaks again.
Report tobywong. November 17, 2018 1:15 PM GMT
mr combustible Laugh
Report pa lapsy November 17, 2018 10:06 PM GMT
Pecker tis just a big sheet storm, i was always nationalistic in that i wanted to see reunification but not now,too much hassle,
However while it is pie in the sky rather than Leoooo inviting all and sundry to the shores,build houses for anyone in the North who would want to come down,simple,and while no chance,it isn't wrong.
Report jumper3 November 18, 2018 8:48 AM GMT
If we are to continue with the Euro project then Ireland has to sign up to mostly, there are opt outs, to the EU's basic rules. That includes free movement and while our small indigenous economy has only needed a relatively small influx of new workers, it is still sizeable looking at the changes in population and demographics over the last 20 years. Leo etc tell us that we are having about a million more people here over the course of the next 15 years, Planning 2040. There's been no debate about this, we are just told. Leo etc know damn well all they need to do is offer tax cuts and most fall for it. FF would be doing the same. There are elements of that age group now in FG and FF who I believe are close to being euro federalists.

Planning 2040 may well work in terms of infrastructure investment, although I am deeply suspicious we will not have enough social care and housing provision for those who cannot afford their own in old age. The country is getting a government and media view that the EU is in Ireland's best interests. Think the people will slowly wake up to this. Not saying that we will go as far as being so euroskeptic that we would want to leave the EU but feel the % of those who disagree with it, will increase.

What happens to the EU meanwhile over the course of the next decade may decide things for us.
Report Kriskin November 18, 2018 5:22 PM GMT

Nov 16, 2018 -- 1:44PM, jimeen wrote:

Unification would be the worst thing that could possibly come out of this . If I had my way , I’d get a chainsaw and cut away the six counties and let them drift away up to Greenland.

What a proper ???? u are.  Typical West Brit.

Report kavvie November 19, 2018 10:50 AM GMT
jimeen is totally correct except in one detail.greenland is too near.id drift them the other way down to the far side of south island new zealand..  what do we want sammy wilson nigel dodds arlene michelle o neill gerry kelly and the rest of them infecting us? they are a sickening shower full of their own importance on both sides  .  were bad enough with leo and mickey martin but they are manageable.  the brits want rid of them as they are costing a fortune .i say leave them to fend for themselves..see how they get on.
Report peckerdunne November 19, 2018 1:41 PM GMT
I refer to reclaiming our land as unification.

The rest of the intricacies will  be taken care of by evolution,by numbers in the next generations.The union is dead.

Ask the people of London, Birmingham or Bradford whether or not they wish to keep the 6 Counties.

In time the North will be the least of our worries.That's a banker, interest free.

48 letters in Westminster are awaiting the moment.They will seize their one opportunity.

So what question would you put to the people of the UK as a second referendum and how would you implement this in a timely fashion.

Also tell us which party and PM will execute.
Report kavvie November 19, 2018 4:35 PM GMT
they have only 24 according to sky there at 4
Report peckerdunne November 20, 2018 12:32 AM GMT
They are there.It's about activation.Only get one chance.rebels need a pm.
Report shlotter November 20, 2018 11:47 PM GMT
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NniWbG20QnQ
Report workrider November 21, 2018 11:12 AM GMT
Laugh Mary Lou ...
Report jumper3 November 21, 2018 5:00 PM GMT
We haven't had a debate yet what type of country we want going forward? Wonder why that is. We are just told we need to plan for 1m+more people coming here over the next 20 years or so. I strongly suspect now that the likes of Varadkar and Coveney are European federalists and happy to go along with this. When they get out of government, they want to be on a bigger stage than just little old Ireland. Europe provides that. Wonder if we'll have any anti EC candidates standing next May? I don't think so, but come the time of the next European elections, 4/5 years later, I wouldn't be at all surprised.
Report shlotter November 22, 2018 2:07 AM GMT
Listen lads, so long as we behave ourselves and be cordial to the world we simply cannot go wrong. Instead of us focusing on bad things we should be concentrating on strengthening our relationships with the nations that matter. The Independent Democratic Unionist State of Arlene will soon struggle. Wait till all the sewers are blocked in Beil Feirste after those Ulster Frys and they cannot even shift the wall of Shee-ayyyt with dyno rod.
Thanking yew....
Report peckerdunne November 22, 2018 9:44 PM GMT
Everyone deserves a fair crack at life regardless of origin i think we can agree.

If they are net contributors that's a good thing surely.

They can help bring down the cost of Labour whilst the cost of purchasing a house continues to rise whilst the country enjoys another boom before crashing to the ground with my grandchildren living in the luxury of our attic.

Meantime we can only hope that more and more ENGLISH continue to move here to enjoy rural Ireland with cheap property,ex excellent broadband and reliable far reaching public transport system just in case they haven't got 4K insurance monies.
Report The Gotchee November 22, 2018 10:02 PM GMT
The UK leaving the EU is equivalent to 19, yes 19, of the smaller countries in the EU. FACT.
Report shlotter November 23, 2018 3:35 PM GMT
Let them go their own way. This can be the greatest opportunity for us as a nation if we all are sensible and plan sustainability. When we go around the world, we open bars, give our kind, warm generous natures to the world. I have travelled extensively around the world and believe me the opinion of us is much better then of the Brits. What do they do? Start wars, cause all sorts of troubles. Chickens come to roost. Michael Collins is up there laughing his head off, God bless him. Let’s see how long Northern Ireland lasts with the post Brexit Westminster. I give them five years, before they come squealing and pleading for a United Ireland. Money talks and when Belfast runs of cash and UTV NEWS is saying we only have one hospital left in the province with massive shortages, three day weeks and a lot of other shortages, then we will have to prop them up.
Report peckerdunne December 4, 2018 11:39 PM GMT
Team Ireland Leo.
We all don't like it up the jax so the time has come.
Report peckerdunne December 5, 2018 7:45 PM GMT
Where are ye

Let's be having ye

The !ove in is over

How long is a piece of string
Report irishone December 7, 2018 8:05 AM GMT
Ireland will always be britains back door
Loads of people over here because
They didnt like what was coming in the front door
Hopefully this will stem the tide
Our fear is that cork doesnt become dover
And the calais jungle doesnt become the brittany jungle
Report fullback December 7, 2018 9:20 AM GMT
There's nobody dead yet, but watching Question Time and David Dimbleby this past few months from several different locations in the UK, there's little doubt but our neighbours are deeply divided on this issue.
Most of the older generation  think GREAT Britain is exactly that and cannot stomach being subject to any kind of rules
from France or Germany.   A relic of times past for sure.
They were once GREAT because of their ships and engineers but that(excuse the pun) ship has sailed and they no longer
rule anything that matters to Joe Soap.
I cannot see enough of them realising the truth of their situation and we could all suffer in the mess of their own creation.   They are our close neighbours and we do have a lot in common.
Report peckerdunne December 7, 2018 10:18 AM GMT
Not a word from Leo this week as he awaits his instructions from Brussels,erm i mean Westminster,but tonight he will have a love ee with Tubs.

Is this guy for real.
Report peckerdunne December 7, 2018 11:12 AM GMT
It's so freaking obvious Leo.

Do something.

Are you a complete muppet.
Report workrider December 7, 2018 11:16 AM GMT
Leo is waiting for Angela to give him his instructions , Puppet of the highest order, no time for the Irish has our Leo.
Report pa lapsy December 7, 2018 12:28 PM GMT
Leo looks to have cut his nose to spite his face with the quite dire economic predictions emerging, the return to voilence if a border was put up was totally unnecessary.As much as i personally would prefer there not being one i think the UK should have insisted on it,even as a bluff.
Report peckerdunne December 12, 2018 11:32 PM GMT
Spiv sandwich Leo
Report Kelly December 14, 2018 9:20 PM GMT
On the button , Full Back . Living in the past . Ceased to be respected world wide after Suez , that was over 60 years ago .

Unfortunately we are tied to their apron strings , geography dictates . Europe sent May away today with a flea in her ear .

Reckon the only options available are to stay in customs union , or vote again referendum .  Was over in London a few days ago , talked to people who voted leave , a good percentage of those have changed their minds .  Another peoples vote would scupper the brexiteers , hence the (illogical) opposition .
Report peckerdunne January 15, 2019 8:40 PM GMT
Just as anticipated months ago

Time now Leo to pull up those pants before BOJO and Sammy give you one.
Report peckerdunne January 15, 2019 10:23 PM GMT
Michael Creed and many othes, please stop saying schkin in the game and in particular as a Minister stop referring to it as West Minister you imbecile..
Report Kelly January 17, 2019 1:12 AM GMT
As has become obvious over last few days , the DUP are the problem in the woodpile . Kept the Tories afloat yesterday , having voted against the May deal the day before .  Sell their grannies they would , particularly given that 67% of people in NI voted remain ( and that despite the biggest party telling their supporters to vote leave ) . Those in the agri food business ( and fair number of those would be in DUP land) are so vulnerable at present , hopefully they will remember the DUP stance when it comes to making choices come next set of elections.

Always reckoned May was running the ship onto the rocks , Corbyn is not a leader , I would be betting on another referendum as the only logical outcome ( after an extension of the 29 March deadline). Most of the sensible English people I see on TV seem to be agreeing with that point of view , mainly because the "mother of parliaments" is split 4 ways and couldn't agree what day it is .
Report peckerdunne January 17, 2019 11:53 AM GMT
Agree with most of that Kelly.Absolute hoares. However I'm inclined to think JC is playing his hand quite well even if he never makes PM he has pulled Labour up in the rankings.The younger voters are with him and I think the Tories could be out in the cold for a decade.He knows the coalition is very fragile and will be a busted flush.They will have to accommodate him in some fashion ultimately because though TM and DUP will go down the no deal route it's patently clear Tory rank and file won't allow that.An extension requires a plan B.How can that be arrived at.Hammond for example and the DUp are at odds.You can't implement changes to the law as that process takes months.Tories will not want an election either.I believe they will suffer a huge defeat and they have no viable leader with the gumption to stand as we have seen by the inevitable rally.

Single market soft borders Norway plus,it's a lockout or if you like out but in,bringing me back to the DUP.

I see this situation worsening and then the worm will turn.
Report Kelly January 18, 2019 12:11 AM GMT
Best comment today I  heard came from Plaid Cymru and Tony Blair , independently . They suggested Parliament votes through some form of agreed deal , and then the people vote on that issue . No reasonable person can dispute that as democracy at work .

OK that sort of operation downplays the sovereignty of Parliament , but given the way the major parties have fannied about for 2 years plus, they have no longer the right to decide the future for the UK.
Report peckerdunne January 28, 2019 8:43 PM GMT
As I thought a proper wet arse Leo,needs to get a grip.
Report Vubiant January 28, 2019 11:16 PM GMT
Leo,Simon and Helen playing a blinder.
Report peckerdunne January 29, 2019 8:46 AM GMT
2 out of 3 aint bad
Report pa lapsy January 29, 2019 1:07 PM GMT
I thought it very sad the elderly Cork woman ending up with a dozen chainsaws,generators and other stuff which she had no need for at all,this is not a one off case.
Leo with all his comments during the presidential election sticking up for our own "ethnic" race has took his eye off the ball, prosecutions and legislation badly needed to stop more cases.
Report pa lapsy January 31, 2019 3:14 PM GMT
A beaut called Marian with an address in Blackpool,Cork up before the bench found guilty of manslaughter of Galway publican.

Nice toy indeed,he got left in,keep your eye on the ball Leo.
Report pa lapsy February 1, 2019 4:40 PM GMT
Leo looks as if he really took his eye off the ball concerning taxpayers money in having the worlds most expensive childrens hospital.

Gone from 640m to over 2 billion, how in Gods name?

A scandal and a thundering disgrace.
Report peckerdunne February 1, 2019 10:12 PM GMT
It should not be built as it is most clearly in the wrong place and will be useless in time with no room for expansion.

Myriad of other issues also.........complete fcuk up...
Report Vubiant February 2, 2019 3:33 PM GMT
Look I'm no expert but let's not be making simplistic statements. Nothing is simple in life least of all in politics. Is it not a fact that many expert panels considered all aspects of the Hospital issue with international input . The decision was St.Jame's. So what's a Taoiseach or Minister supposed to do? Does he say -the verdict of the experts is wrong -the hospital is going where I decide. So then what would the outcry be if Leo said the hospital is going to Blanchardstown  =oh ,yes , it just happens to be in my constituency .
Such is the level of public disquiet about this over-run -which I share - that there might be a good case to stop this now ( maybe after the PWC report comes in in March) -re-deploy the site to some other use and start again in Blanchardstown -where Leo could not now be accused of feathering his constituency nest.
Of course there would be legal contracts to be negotiated away but it could still be a cheaper option and not necessarily cause any extra delay.
Report pa lapsy February 2, 2019 7:43 PM GMT
The chairman of the board resigned this morning,health minister SH thanked him for "exception committment".

There is something so feckin "simplistic" about that,that i cannot put my finger on yet.
Report Vubiant February 3, 2019 1:18 PM GMT
Not talking about you pa -but in general people should try and calm down a little and not allow themselves be inflamed by media hype which constantly exaggerates figures and tries to cause friction and controversy with lurid and sensationalist headlines. The world is not falling apart and all problems are solved or contained in the end. As the song says 'We will survive'.Grin
Report pa lapsy February 3, 2019 1:47 PM GMT
Agree concerning media hype,even such a small thing as the snow this week and after being promised a polar armageddon,camera crews were busy rushing up mountains in order to justify their next day weather f/c.

The "exaggeration" often fits in with an agenda and the ties of the bringer should be closely policed by an independent source.

What is the killer is no criticism is allowed and very often not reported or half hidden.

I'm not so sure "we will survive" is the correct inspirational song choice,Leo might whistle it away though?
Report peckerdunne February 4, 2019 1:02 PM GMT
Vubiant, just to clarify, i made no reference to cost.

Perhaps people should consider who will use this hospital and where the majority of those will come from.

Then ask where they might park and that cost and as i said a myriad of other difficulties that will arise from putting the hospital in very much the wrong place.

Many better option than Blanchardstown and if it was there and a good site and working hospital to be proud of
no one other than the narrow minded or biased people would give a toss.
Report peckerdunne February 8, 2019 12:19 PM GMT
As the song says

I'm a messenger boy bringing my arris to you.
Report workrider February 9, 2019 9:55 AM GMT
If things stays as they are I can see the E.U. soiling their pants in the next few weeks, E.U. elections due shortly in many European Countries how will they explain the loss of jobs, and mark my words there will be HUGE loss of same across Europe, to their electors ....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 9, 2019 2:30 PM GMT
Italy’s Debt to France and other EU countries is the big problem facing Europe imho
Report Vubiant February 9, 2019 3:10 PM GMT
As another song says ...'There could be trouble ahead' 

(title - Let's face the music and dance' - by Fred Astaire and others from the great era of proper songwriters -Porter , Berlin , Kahn, Rodgers/Hart etc.}
Report peckerdunne February 9, 2019 3:57 PM GMT
LOL

It will never happen.The world owes more than it has.

Don't mind the media, don't panic, all problems can be resolved...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 10, 2019 9:54 PM GMT
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-italian-banks/?utm_medium=social&cmp...
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 10, 2019 9:55 PM GMT
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-italian-banks/?utm_medium=social&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_content=business&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

hth Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com