Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Vubiant
25 Aug 18 20:38
| Topic/replies: 7,157 | Blogger: Vubiant's blog
and the ghosts of Casey and Cleary.Shocked
I'm an agnostic -but I must say the WMOF was brilliantly put together.  Superb speech from Leo -now let's see if PF can step up to the plate.
Croke Park show really well designed and choreographed...wouldn't it be great if all public services in Ireland could be organised with similar imagination and efficiency ?
Pause Switch to Standard View It's a long way from Totus Tuus .
Show More
Report Racingqueen August 25, 2018 9:09 PM BST
Was in Dublin today (Not related to the event) and was caught up in it. I have to say as a non church goer it was a hugely positive feel good event.
Report Kelly August 26, 2018 1:37 AM BST
Seems a very long time since we stood in Phoenix Park gazing skyward . Things have changed a lot since then and there has been a lot of water under the bridge . Only option for Catholicism is to scrap the celibacy rule and allow anyone to study for priesthood . If we don't , there won't be any people to minister to the congregation .

Celibacy has not done us any favours anyway , it has skewed the church dynamic . Most of the priests I went to school with , and others I knew well , were dependent on their mothers or sisters for female feedback/ companionship , not healthy in my book . A non catholic medical friend who spent time inside the Vatican at a high level reckoned that 45% of those he was dealing with were not heterosexual by nature , and the Curia run the show essentially .

The cost arising from proven scandals recently to the church has been enormous , not just financially , reckon we will have to sell a few more paintings .

On another note anyone remember recent claims from a certain DUP minister that unionism was essentially an inclusive cult . But not when it comes to acknowledging ( by presence) the leader of the Catholic world on a visit to their island . Another marker .

Only saw a few minutes of todays proceedings , tail end of the Croke Park spectacular , sorry I did not see more of it .
Report mrcombustible August 26, 2018 8:03 AM BST
I remember racing was cancelled during the last visit, good to see racing go ahead yesterday.
Report Kelly August 26, 2018 10:18 AM BST
Not using Galway racetrack either this time . Recognise the current weather though in Knock .
Report Kelly August 26, 2018 10:27 AM BST
Vubiant , Ne Temere screwed us up .  Did not apply to Germany or Holland , that was some accommodation for a "world wide " decree .
Report Vubiant August 26, 2018 10:43 AM BST
Good point Kelly -another grievous wrong turning by the RCC was Humanae Vitae. For so many believers this was something which ,try as they might , they could not accept into their lives. RC Church a mass of contradictions. Prohibition against married clergy and women priests simply doesn't make sense...not in the modern Western world anyway.
Report Kelly August 26, 2018 11:13 AM BST
Sorry Mayo supporters , it will probably take more than a Papal signature on a jersey to bring home Sam .
Report Vubiant August 26, 2018 3:02 PM BST
Are you saying Mayo haven't a prayer ?!
Report peckerdunne August 26, 2018 3:16 PM BST
No, i think that was Madonna.
Report Racingqueen August 26, 2018 8:31 PM BST
Its tiring to listen to liberal media constantly calling the church having to apologise for every past sin when the state itself, citizens/families and even media of the time played just as big if not bigger roles.

It should never be forgotten that nigh on every clergy person who committed abuse was also an Irish man/woman who was a product of the society at the time.
The mention of redress is never far away... with an interviewee on RTE claiming redress should be given as the victims are now old. Not sure how this is supposed to pass as justice just dishing out taxpayers money.

As mentioned above celibacy is a stone age ideal in the church. The church simply has to move towards greater inclusion of women priests and g*ys and the introduction of allowing priests to marry.
Report The Gotchee August 26, 2018 9:26 PM BST
"superb speech from Leo"
Are you deluded?
He knows nothing about families.
Report pa lapsy August 26, 2018 11:00 PM BST
Bang on "The Gotchee", he know f a about housing and health either.
Report workrider August 27, 2018 1:45 PM BST
Pecker Madonna, Laugh... I'm in total agreement with Queenie for the first time ever, anyone remember all those late late shows with priests galore on them, Queenie is spot on, the media were as much a part of the cover up as anyone ..Leo and families in the same speech , we all know Leo's agenda and it certainly ain't about Family...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com