Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 50 comments are related to the topic:
Dublin festival Alan sweetman

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 50
By:
ambush
When: 09 Sep 21 22:32
foxy be careful.as far as im aware, sligo has no paying customers for remaining 2 meeting, only allowing members and 1 guest,
By:
foxy
When: 10 Sep 21 07:24
Good morning ambush

Thank you for pointing that out to me I would never have given it a thought 5 weeks further down the line I would have just thought they would be wanting to see the paying public back,I have now looked on line and as you say no paying customers.

I keep reading and hearing hri and wanting to increase the interest in horse racing perhaps they should mention it to some of the racecourses over there once again thank you for pointing it out .

Good luck and take care
By:
freddiewilliams
When: 24 Sep 21 15:07
Did u make it to listowel foxy
By:
foxy
When: 27 Sep 21 17:22
No Freddie didn’t go with all the restrictions waited instead for this week ,the curragh yesterday just back from Roscommon weather much better than the forecasters predicted,good crowd there today .
By:
workrider
When: 27 Sep 21 22:05
Fecking heck were you in the Curragh yesterday ?...
By:
foxy
When: 28 Sep 21 10:34
Yes workrider I saw you in the coffee and cake cafe you were talking to somebody so I didn’t interrupt ,just thought I would bump into you later,

My first visit to the curragh since the first Sunday derby back in 88 what an amazing difference I can’t believe the negative comments about the place it’s absolutely stunning you have a world class racecourse and I only saw it on a quiet and miserable day weather wise ,what it must be like in the summer I can only imagine however it won’t be long till I find out.
By:
freddiewilliams
When: 28 Sep 21 13:25
Was at listowel. They let people use tickets in someone's else's name as long as they wrote there name and number on it
By:
freddiewilliams
When: 28 Sep 21 13:26
U going bellewstown
By:
foxy
When: 28 Sep 21 13:47
Yes Freddie both days
By:
JayTrumpOldTomDubbl
When: 29 Sep 21 00:01
Do you remember foxy what won that first Sunday derby ? Maybe without checking was it Willie Carson on Salsabil, maybe not either. Workrider will know anyways. Yes I agree with your Curragh comments. An
amazing turnaround. I was there many the time in old days. I remember being there in 2014 when Michael Owen won the Leger. We were with some folks that had paid a ransom for a box. You could not call it a corporate box.
A rust-box would be a much closer description. Michael Owen and his crew,  and then Coolmore crew were further down than us. But just rust-boxes as well. It was embarrassing. It really needed a make-over. They did a good job but I heard it said high winds were an issue. Anyways foxy glad you enjoyed it. Its a fabulous place now. Lets hope they get the big crowds back which is not a certainty.
By:
foxy
When: 29 Sep 21 07:38
Good morning jay

The first Sunday derby was kayhasi who beat insan of Paul coles in a very tight finish ,Richard Quinn lost his whip close to the end of the race,salsabil was 1990 the same day as England beat Cameroon in the World Cup semi final.

I always thought that was the start of Quinn losing his job with the owner salman

Regarding the curragh an amazing turnaround is an accurate description.
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com