Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
punchestown
28 Jul 17 18:16
| Topic/replies: 6,149 | Blogger: punchestown's blog
Don't think there's a jockey been born or ever will that will keep the Giggy boys happy.Thought the lad was unlucky with injuries just at the wrong time on a few occasions.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 54
By:
CALLING CARD
When: 29 Jul 17 00:18
to be honest we all saw it coming
Cooper probably not in the same league as Ruby Paul or Davy but they dispensed with him very quickly
Be interesting to see how their regime works when trainers want different jockeys
By:
GANT007
When: 29 Jul 17 08:58
Gigginstown only use 4 trainers, so it aint gonna be hard. Kennedy/Russell will ride bulk of Elliots with Cooper picking up a few rides. Flanagan will ride all of Meades. De Bromhead and Mouse will use Russell and Cooper with Davy getting the call even though both of them would rather put up David Mullins.
By:
by purpose
When: 29 Jul 17 13:36
If Flanagan rides all of Meades i will take up parachute jumping.
By:
jimeen
When: 29 Jul 17 16:45
Russell will ride most of the better ones surely. Quite possibly the best jockey riding in the game at the moment. Sean Flanagan is a bang average rider, and David Mullins couldn't be riding worse and needs to get himself sorted pretty quickly, because from looking like a wonder jockey , his star has certainly fallen.
Cooper looked a great rider when he got the job , but he never consolidated his position, and I suppose his injuries haven't helped. He will do well to bounce back but it's not impossible.
By:
CALLING CARD
When: 29 Jul 17 22:28
Flanagan not in the same league as Russell et al he will exposed
Cooper will respond and bounce back he's too good a rider and his leagues ahead of Burke or Heskin who held the other jobs7
By:
neill d
When: 29 Jul 17 22:37
Anybody think that with Mullins' novices not being as strong as usual last season, Ruby might have had a word and said he'd be more available next season than he often is in some of the Novice Chases maybe? If I were O'Leary, I would never not use either Russell or Walsh, that's where they're going with this you'd think.
By:
kavvie
When: 29 Jul 17 23:11
hope cooper wins lots of g1s chinning giggy ones with  super rides..!!
By:
GANT007
When: 30 Jul 17 09:23
Brian will have to remove a small bit of that chip on his shoulder and put himself about. Not a lot here in Ireland for lads like Brian, you have the top 3 or 4 and then rest are of a similar level.
By:
GANT007
Brian will have to remove a small bit of that chip on his shoulder and put himself about. Not a lot here in Ireland for lads like Brian, you have the top 3 or 4 and then rest are of a similar level.
By:
GANT007
By:
GANT007
When: 30 Jul 17 09:26
Sorry for posting 3 times, this rural broadband works on Sunday mornings.
By:
neill d
When: 30 Jul 17 15:13

Jul 30, 2017 -- 9:23AM, GANT007 wrote:

I think he should go to England. Put down a good year there and he will get in with Nicholls or Henderson. I think his stock has fallen in Ireland, to the extent that he is done at the top-level here. He would be the best jockey riding full time in England.

By:
GANT007
When: 30 Jul 17 17:12
Door closed at Hendersons and Nicholls. It's gonna be hard for Brian to going again but he should bang in a few for Gigginstown when they run 4 or 5 in some races.
Russell will make hay and will be a wiser lad this time around.
By:
by purpose
When: 30 Jul 17 17:46
He would hardly get a job in Nicholls or Hendersons cleaning out the khazi.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 02 Oct 17 16:29
Rouergate for Venetia in Strat bumper
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 10 Oct 17 14:07
See BJ has two rides in Ludlow tomorrow for Ann & Alan Potts Limited - a new start with the Yorkshire owner. The Potts company MMD, design and manufacture material processing equipment used in many worldwide mining operations and in particular the development of low profile, high capacity, compact sizing machines.

3.00 Exxaro (might have a small chance) & 4.00 Mick Thonic.... both for Colin Tizzard. Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 10 Oct 17 15:51
Robbie Power will ride for Potts in Ireland.
By:
Nogoody
When: 10 Oct 17 17:35
Good luck to him , he's got a tough act to follow ,Puppy Power rode the ears of them last Spring.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 12 Oct 17 15:03
3.15 Exeter today then Newton Abbot with 2 for Tizzard/Potts.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 15 Oct 17 14:35
2017 Goffs Land Rover Bumper winner Vision Des Flos makes his jumping debut in the Grade Two Persian War Nov Hdl in Chepstow at 2.50. The 4yo French-bred gelding changed hands for €270,000 and is now with Colin Tizzard, and leading owner Alan Potts, with Cooper taking the ride.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 15 Oct 17 14:35
9/2 third fav
By:
punchestown
When: 15 Oct 17 19:42
Thought it ran well enough considering it was only it's second run under Rules and it's Hurdles debut and the fact it didn't settle in what might turn out to be a decent enough race.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 15 Oct 17 21:00
Think Cooper saved him for later in the season (was not too hard on him) imho
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 15 Oct 17 21:01
Only 4yo remember Devil
By:
CALLING CARD
When: 15 Oct 17 23:36
Lads lay off Cooper
he will do ok in the UK
look at the top table over there
Johnson cant ride a race without making a mess of an obstacle
Fehily as old as a bush
Coleman his brother is better
Twisted Sister enough said
Cooper will do ok and is young and getting his confidence back
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 15 Oct 17 23:39
We all wish the young lad the very best.....Roll on another Gold Cup !
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 Nov 17 17:20
Breaking News of the sudden death of 80yo racehorse owner ALAN POTTS Sad
...and just 3 months after his wife Ann passed away following a long illness.

The 'SIZING' trainers - De Bromhead, Harrington & Tizzard will continue training his horses for the immediate future according to his office memo. Devil
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 14 Nov 17 19:44
Several runners were expected to represent Potts at Cheltenham this weekend, including Finian’s Oscar who holds entries in novice chase events on Friday and Sunday, and Fox Norton is entered in the Grade Two Shloer Chase on Sunday.
Sizing John is also been expected to return to action in the Grade One Betfair Chase at Haydock on Saturday week.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 15 Nov 17 12:17
In 2016 the Potts family removed all of their horses from De Bromhead’s yard, sending many of them to several trainers across Ireland.
Dorset trainer Colin Tizzard also inherited a sizeable string...Tizzard said: “It came as quite a surprise as I was only talking to him a few days ago.
“He was a self-made man. He could be quite demanding but he could be absolutely brilliant company – that was the sort of person he was.

“He made a lot of money from scratch and he definitely brought our stable a few gears forward and he will be sadly missed. We’ve had some brilliant days and we had a brilliant meeting at Aintree and then went over to Punchestown. “Ann was still around then and Ann and Alan together were lovely company. Ann was a lovely lady and we all had some brilliant times together."

“I think going over to Punchestown and winning the Champion Chase with Fox Norton was brilliant along with Sizing Granite and Sizing Codelco winning there.
Going to Ireland and beating the Irish there was special. We sat with him for dinner for three or four days there and spent a lot of very happy times together.

“I am not quite sure [what will happen] about the horses. They have been sorting out this huge business of his for a few years. I think it will be sorted soon and we will then find out what will happen.”
By:
punchestown
When: 24 Jan 18 14:38
Shows you how low his stock is at the moment,has moderate rides in the opening 2 races tomorrow and then nothing else for the day and even though Gigginstown have 5 runners in the Thyestes..I hope for his sake that things improve for him.
By:
punchestown
When: 24 Jan 18 14:38
Shows you how low his stock is at the moment,has moderate rides in the opening 2 races tomorrow and then nothing else for the day and even though Gigginstown have 5 runners in the Thyestes..I hope for his sake that things improve for him.
By:
neill d
When: 24 Jan 18 18:31
Rode wide in a competitive handicap hurdle at Cheltenham on one of Elliot's which GE mentioned in an interview afterwards. I'd say Elliot thinks his bottle is gone after all of the injuries.
By:
tony57
When: 25 Jan 18 08:51
he  has the potts job over here with tizzard, 30 horses they have for them...i know its a big drop but there is no doubt he has had problems especially with injurys
By:
punchestown
When: 25 Jan 18 16:35
The thing about the Potts job is that it's now all up in the air to see if whoever inherits the horses keeps them or flogs them off...
By:
kavvie
When: 26 Jan 18 10:48
lets hope bryan comes back stronger than ever.i feel he will.remember jp murtagh has a very big dip in his career midway through it and came back to go right to the top.
By:
punchestown
When: 27 Jan 18 15:46
Another awful day for the lad,3 rides,one distant 3rd and the other 2 pulled up.Sad (Lot of late money on Finian's Oscar went astray).
By:
Nogoody
When: 28 Jan 18 14:42
Can't catch a break can he?
On another note has Workrider passed away or what? All we have here is the odd one from yourself and more to be pitied than laughed-at Catch babbling away to himself.
By:
tony57
When: 13 Feb 18 12:18
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2018/feb/13/talking-horses-testing-time-for-bryan-cooper-link-with-colin-tizzard?CMP=share_btn_tw
By:
workrider
When: 13 Feb 18 15:19
I'm still here thank God Nogoody, not planning on departing for the next 25 yrs or more either...Laugh..I see Willie is putting Bryan up on one at Fairyhouse tomorrow, hopefully its a winner and kicks starts the lads career once again.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com