Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
slickster
22 Feb 17 15:22
| Topic/replies: 4,997 | Blogger: slickster's blog
I just fail to see how he continues to get away with it.
He "naps" and "nb's" the prices not the horses. Today, predictably, Apple's Jade was "n'bested"" and Castello Sforza was "napped". 2-5 and 8-11 beaten.
Over the weekend, we had Jezki (2-5) and Broken Soul (4-11) stuffed stupid.
The guy is clearly 6 tins short of a 6-pack. Great laugh all the same.....
Pause Switch to Standard View O'Hehir........ The nonsense...
Show More
Report cloone river February 22, 2017 5:51 PM GMT
Would you make money laying his naps in the long run slickster?
Report slickster February 22, 2017 6:16 PM GMT
100% cloone. In the 4 examples given, the 2nd favourites all triumphed. Limini (3-1). Mossback (5 or 6-1) I think. Tombstone (3-1) in the morning. SP 9-4. Miss Mardan (11-4).

You don't need to be that clever to know if you backed these 4 each way you're on the pigs back. And with this fool "napping" the long odds on shots in these races, confidence oozes out of every pore. Literally legally stealing it. O'Hehir's been at this nonsense all his life. An embarrassment to the profession, and an embarrassment to himself.

I wouldn't let the guy take my wheelie bin out!!! I shouldn't be slagging him. He's making me a fortune Grin
Buy the Mirror cloone. 1.20 a day. You WILL make money out of this guy. Naturally, when you continuously "nap" 1-4 shots, he's going to get some right. But it wont cost you much. He "napped" a Mullins 1-16 shot a few years ago. The horse fell at the last!!!!
Report slickster February 26, 2017 10:39 AM GMT
Today's "jewels" from our value hunting "tipster".
The "nb" is Any Second Now in the 3.50. God knows why with that combination.
But we leave the best till last eh Peter... Our intrepid hero informs us his "nap" is Monbeg Worldwide in the last Grin

Money buyers, be very wary. Be VERY wary.....
Report itcanbedone February 26, 2017 10:53 AM GMT
Not this again. Puh-lease!
Report GANT007 February 26, 2017 10:56 AM GMT
I agree itcanbedone, lets talk Politics, Rugby or we can save a whale.
Report workrider February 26, 2017 11:04 AM GMT
Even I agree Oz, doubt I could stand another season of this. Time to call a halt Slick, its been done to death.
Report itcanbedone February 26, 2017 11:07 AM GMT
There's a whale in danger?
Report GANT007 February 26, 2017 11:31 AM GMT
False alarm, No money to be made out of this cause.......move along nothing to see here.
Report slickster February 26, 2017 12:26 PM GMT
This is what's known as a proper RACING thread. The guy has continued with this farcical nonsense, so I thought it right to give it another airing.

If you don't like it, you can always read wonky's daily witterings or the wildman's political views. Cheers.
Report workrider February 26, 2017 12:32 PM GMT
Looks as if Slick has been moved into Mincer's ward.....Laugh
Report slickster February 26, 2017 12:43 PM GMT
Just read your thread about Acapella wonks.
I'm sure you were raging after your 150 at 6-4 on a MARTIN and MCMANUS horse in that type of race. Truly, a mug bet to beat all mug bets.

You should be in the PENTHOUSE SUITE in the ward next to the wildman Laugh
Report workrider February 26, 2017 12:46 PM GMT
And here's me thinking only O'Hehir was a mug in your eyes,  now it seems I'm elevated to the same position,tell your nurse I said thanks...Cool
Report slickster March 2, 2017 5:09 PM GMT
Today's delectable delights from this absolute deranged loo laa....

1st race the "nap" was, OBVIOUSLY, Sharps Choice. UNPLACED at 4-5.
But hold on everyone, all was not lost. The "nb" in the 2nd was, SOOOO OBVIOUSLY Monbeg Chit Chat. A lovely 1-5 winner for the chumps.

What is the point Peter? What are you trying to achieve? How the **** are you "tipping" in a national newspaper?
You patently have no concept of odds. This has gone on too long. Time to sign yourself in with the wonk Grin

The wildman likes you though LaughLaughLaugh
Report slickster March 4, 2017 6:03 PM GMT
And the beat goes on.....
Today, our superhero gave us 2 more nuggets.
He was very strong on Bargy Lady in the 2.45. So much so, he "napped" it Laugh. A stunning 2-7 beaut.
His "nb" was Kings Bandit in the 3.55. A non runner. was around 2-5 odd.

Guy needs to be sectioned. Can't wait to see what he has for Cheltenham for us. My nap is he will "nap" Douvan and "nb" Altior LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report slickster March 5, 2017 1:04 PM GMT
Now today, our man is all of a dither. Why, you may ask. And I respond.......
There are no odds ons for our hero to get stuck into. In fact, not a short one in sight!!
So he throws 2 blind darts....

1st race, for reasons I cannot fathom, he tells us Hidden Cyclone is the "nb". Really? A 12 year old giving 5 and 10lbs to 6 unexposed rivals in a race of this nature? Yet more proof the clown is clueless.
His guess "nap" is Damut in the 4.10. He must have been given a "tip"Grin
Report winsamsoon March 5, 2017 1:34 PM GMT
6 unexposed rivals who's barely completed a race between them in the last 2 years, a repeat of its last run should be good enough for Damut to win, I've backed both of these
Report pa lapsy March 5, 2017 3:29 PM GMT
Really game 12yo who managed to give the weight to mostly race rusty rivals.

At least you had a view beforehand Slickster,you have to give Peter fierce credit for this one all the same.
Report DECALEC March 5, 2017 4:11 PM GMT
Emcon possibly
Report CheltenhamRoar March 5, 2017 4:52 PM GMT
Rothwell with a fancied one in the bumper, surely this can't win.
Report macrocky March 5, 2017 5:22 PM GMT
I know tommie lyons of examiner napped and nb same as Tony o hehir Saturday.
Report dj876 March 5, 2017 5:32 PM GMT
Ten days before Cheltenham and the topic to debate is a selection in the Daily Star,it's beyond boring.
Report GANT007 March 5, 2017 6:04 PM GMT
What paper employs him?.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 5, 2017 6:04 PM GMT
This is the first time Slickster has given an opinion before the race and what an opinion it was.

" for reasons I can't fathom his NB is Hidden Cyclone.Really? A 12 year old giving 5 and 10lbs to 6 unexposed rivals in a race of this nature.
  Yet more proof the clown is clueless "
Report slickster March 5, 2017 6:20 PM GMT
It is the Daily Mirror who unfortunately "employ" him.
His "nap" today was stuffed. But I give him "credit". It was 4-1 AGAINST, not 4-1 ON.
His "nb" was indeed successful at 11-4 I think. Soft lead. Race over. He got lucky. If there were 2 odds ons on the card, he would have "napped" and "next bested" them.

Have you seen the light now Peter? No need to continuously "nap" 1-4 shots.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 5, 2017 6:28 PM GMT
Peter OHehir is not a tipster,he's a racing correspondent and a good one at that.
However his tipping record is good,he is consistently in profit each year on the only verifiable table we have,he's not doing well this year and is behind.

Slickster is neither a tipster or a racing correspondent.
He did however challenge Workrider in what turned out to be the most one sided challenge ever on here.
Workrider rattled in winner after winner,Slickster managed just one winner in the whole competition,the only plus was his winner won by a record margin.
Report slickster March 5, 2017 6:34 PM GMT
Why is he "tipping" in a national newspaper then brains?
Wonky challenged me. Get your FACTS right.

You would be pleasantly surprised as to my title in the racing game wildman.
You GUESS a lot of the time but like to present them as FACT. Only in your own mind sonny...........
Report wildmanfromborneo March 5, 2017 6:43 PM GMT
He is tipping in a National newspaper because that's part of his function,a tiny part but a part.

Neville Ring was for me one of the best racing correspondents,a great turn of phrase with gems of knowledge but he wasn't a tipster although he had to give selections.

Would he care to pleasantly surprise by revealing your racing moniker.
Report neill d March 6, 2017 12:35 AM GMT

Mar 5, 2017 -- 12:34PM, slickster wrote:

Why is he "tipping" in a national newspaper then brains? Wonky challenged me. Get your FACTS right.You would be pleasantly surprised as to my title in the racing game wildman.You GUESS a lot of the time but like to present them as FACT. Only in your own mind sonny...........

You work in racing, slickster? Do tell.

Report slickster March 11, 2017 1:50 PM GMT
Today's gems from headless......
In the 1st he "naps" Chirico Valiis. Naturally.
Now you wouldn't think he would "nb" Foxrock in the 4.50 would you? WRONG. That's exactly what he's done.

Douvan's price is too big for him to "nap" Laugh
Report huddys March 12, 2017 11:34 AM GMT
Get a grip off yourself slicker and stop this rubbish,
Report slickster March 12, 2017 12:52 PM GMT
Hope you didn't do your brains on the double fuddys. I am not the one "napping" 1-8 shots so I would imagine it's the flare who needs to get a grip of himself.
Anyway, this is a racing thread, so probably best if you steer clear of it. Thanks for your contribution all the same....

Now, onto today's farcical offerings. 2 nice odds ons for headless to tell us about. And he didn't disappoint.
The "nap" is in the last. Mystic Theatre 1-2 Grin
But he surpasses even himself with this beaut in the 2nd. The "nb" is Townshend, unbelievably. 1-8 in a beginners chase LaughLaughLaugh. Thanks Peter. You're the best.
Beware money buyers, beware....
Report slickster March 13, 2017 6:35 PM GMT
The confused wildman states "O'Hehir is not a tipster".
He then claims "However his tipping record is good!!!!!".
Some contradiction there eh....

He then goes on. "He is tipping in a National newspaper because that's part of his function, a tiny part but a part".
WRONG. It's a very BIG part, hence his "employment".

He has 2 functions. To write the usual boring repetitive nonsense that the mugs like to hear. And his "tipping". FACT. Sure he thinks Tombstone is trained by Mullins!!!

A special offer lads...
1-6 the flare "naps" Douvan, 6-1 he doesn't Excited
Report workrider March 13, 2017 8:08 PM GMT
Come on Slick own up, what part do you play in this great game of ours.
Report slickster March 19, 2017 12:56 PM GMT
Any of you who want to lay a few today.... Here are the flare's 4 obvious ones.

Limerick. 2.50 the "nap" is Mon Lino. ODDS ON.
4.00 the "nb" is Slowmotion. ODDS ON.

Navan. 2.10 the "nap" is Baltazar D'Allier. ODDS ON.
3.45 the "nb" is A Toi Phil. 11-10 AGAINST Grin

Happy laying lads.
Report huddys March 19, 2017 1:06 PM GMT
Glad your day was made when you went down to buy the mirror to see who your hero tipped up today,
Report cacique March 19, 2017 6:23 PM GMT
There must be other tipsters that tip favourites?

have tried place laying o'hehir tips?
Report slickster March 19, 2017 6:47 PM GMT
It's not the tipping of favourites that's the problem cacique. This guy thinks it's acceptable to continuously "nap" the shortest one of the day, regardless of price. I mean, what "tipster" in their right mind thinks it's ok to "nap" 1-8 shots?
The key word here is "NAP".
I'm certain if you place laid this fool's "tips" you would show a healthy profit.

Fuddy duddys, you strike me as a 10 cent yankee man. You toddled down to your local books, put these 4 on your docket, and get a 60 cent return Grin
Report cacique March 19, 2017 7:59 PM GMT
Your right, tipping a 1/8 is a bit silly, but what else would u like him to do?

If he thinks that is the best chance of a winner and shows a  profit at the end of the year I'd take it.

His historical selections must be on line somewhere.....if his strike rate is better than the average odds then pile on.
Report slickster March 21, 2017 6:09 PM GMT
Today's humble offerings from clueless....

2.25 Hickey's Rock "nap". Unplaced. 15-8 FAVOURITE.
2.55 Zipporah "nb". Unplaced. 7-2 JOINT FAVOURITE.

At least he avoided the 2 odds ons on the card. So we are making some progress. Let's hope it continues....
Report slickster April 2, 2017 2:04 PM BST
Today's 4 guesses from odds on....
Fairyhouse 2.55 Woodland Opera "nap".
4.05 Invitation Only "nb".

Cork 2.05 Great Minds "nb".
3.10 Venezuela "nap" Laugh

Happy laying everyone. Although a note of caution is advised today, as our hero could be hitting a purple patch.
His "nap" on Friday evening proved successful. The Anvil, at the rewarding odds of 3-10 Grin
Report macrocky April 2, 2017 2:39 PM BST
Do you ever say anything positive slickster
Report slickster April 2, 2017 4:56 PM BST
I suggest you go to evening classes to get a basic grasp of the English language.
Hope you didn't lose too much on the flare's "tips" today. A good day's laying was had by all. Just the 1 odds on winner for our friend.
Report huddys April 2, 2017 5:44 PM BST
He's a clown macrocky,why would you constantly follow a newspaper tipster who you have no time for,
Report slickster April 5, 2017 3:20 PM BST
Very strange today. One odds on on the card and NOT one of his top 2!!
So, we can plough in on Forgotten Rules, no worries.
Today's "nap" is Light That in the 4.30. At least it's 5-1 AGAINST.
The "nb " is Haripour in the 1st.
Report cacique April 5, 2017 9:05 PM BST
Is there a newspaper tipster that u do like slickser?
Report workrider April 5, 2017 9:57 PM BST
He's not sure, he can only afford the Mirror....Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com