Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 43 comments are related to the topic:
St Stephens Day Racing 2017

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 43
By:
CustomCut
When: 27 Dec 16 20:41
They're still flat breds who loved fences. It seems absurd to cling to breeding when he has more scope than the vast majority of NH horses and has shown great agility over fences.

I loved Min yesterday but when it comes to his injury in the supreme, I can't have this idea that it's caused him big problems in the race. If he was really feeling it he would have been tailed off.
By:
TellTheKing
When: 27 Dec 16 20:57
It’s also pointless mentioning that Altior is flat bred because he is not. Rather the dam was just sent to a high class stallion who would be capable of firing better horses than most full time NH horses.

Look at the size and scope of Altior, he is built on springs. It’s a far cry from, say, something by Bushranger or Lawman trying to reach the top over fences.
By:
TellTheKing
When: 27 Dec 16 21:07
As for top class flat bred chasers, the shortlist would be pretty short for obvious enough reasons.

Not sure of their pedigrees but brothers Viking Flagship & Flagship Uberalles both ran as 2yo’s I believe so they must have been pretty precocious.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 04 Dec 18 14:06
Arklearkle • December 24, 2016 6:00 PM GMT
I agree Mincer we should have a new thread for this year. [i]Unfortunately you opened one for next year!
[/i]

Whoops What do you expect Devil
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics