Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tony57
24 Feb 16 17:46
| Topic/replies: 31,512 | Blogger: tony57's blog
3.15 acapella bourgeois @9/4
his lto run is the best form on offer yard have a great record in the race ,selection likes the distance and ground trappy affair but im happy to side with this one and ruby up
Show More
Report wildmanfromborneo February 24, 2016 6:50 PM GMT
I think Our Duke has some potential.
He didnt jump particularly well in Leopardstown yet still managed to beat Pylonthepressure easily.

If he wins well I can see him heading for Cheltenham,I think he's that good.
Report workrider February 24, 2016 6:59 PM GMT
Would there be any danger Thurles might be called off tomorrow , very low -4 overnight ?
Report mincer11 February 24, 2016 7:43 PM GMT
Why the need for scaremongering wonks?, you know full well as well as I do that Leitrim have a better chance of winning next years all Ireland hurling final than Thurles being off tomorrow . We all know it's cold tonight and we all know the racing will be on as well.
Dan, Our Duke is a very good horse but if there's one kip where he may be vulnerable , then it's Thurles. If he jumps well and that's a big if, he will win. He doesn't go to Cheltenham no matter what happens tomorrow
Report workrider February 24, 2016 7:59 PM GMT
What do you mean Mincer , have seen worse cases of racing been called off, sometimes the frost dosn't come out of the ground quick enough,its a long enough journey for me ,so all precaustions must be taken.
Report tony57 February 24, 2016 8:06 PM GMT
have a great day wr..
Report Bigwillystyle February 24, 2016 10:00 PM GMT
Would be against this horse big time Tony. Save your money.  He is very hard on himself and has 3 tough races already this season.

If Another Rattler doesn't win tomorrow Rothwell may do the honourable thing and give up. This horse is 30 pounds well in if he were with any other trainer. Should have won in Gowran but can't bing myself to back it with this clown training it.
Report Irish are lucky February 24, 2016 11:27 PM GMT
I like sportsfield ew in the 5.00..ran well before on similar ground and might be well handicapped
Report thegiggilo February 24, 2016 11:31 PM GMT
Sent you an email..
Report pa lapsy February 25, 2016 10:15 AM GMT
Back to that Punchestown 31st of Jan race again for me and we see the winner Rathpatrick today.
Looks a match to me, Positive approach did it well and gets 11lb extra for that, beating Toushan was nothing special and that looked a poor race enough.
Rathpatrick is well worth the 8lb he got that day,came from off the pace to win well, beat Oscar Sam,Mal Dini 3rd and weekend scorer Not For Burning 18L back in 5th,a real solid look to the form.
Two small worries are he seems to need a bit of pace,would hope that may come in the form of Bothar Clei,and of course the colours,not sure Uaintseennothingyet was too busy on Sunday. Still overall was impressed with his manner in Jan and 6/4 isn't bad here, GL
Report newapproach February 25, 2016 10:25 AM GMT
We're in agreement again pa, rathpatrick won a much stronger race last time and should be well up to the standard of defying the rise in this company.

I think Uranna is much better than the opposition in the first  race also and have doubled up on the 2. 2 decent enough runs over fences,especially last time.
Report pa lapsy February 25, 2016 10:46 AM GMT
Good man Newsapproach,that is a plus,not a bad card, seems as if John Joe Mangan is targetting the meeeting and could get a winner but all eggs in the one basket at the moment. Best of luck with the DB.
Report tony57 February 25, 2016 11:01 AM GMT
bws,
   thats fair enough mate its all about opinions, you do make a fair point about the 3 hard races, i just think going from the front ruby might just steal it but we,ll see..
Report pa lapsy February 25, 2016 11:24 AM GMT
That's Jimmy Mangan not John Joe(Positive Approach )Walsh,i'm going back to bed before i'm told to,senior moment. Blush
Report snap crackle and pop February 25, 2016 11:27 AM GMT
And stay there ya numpty!
Report pa lapsy February 25, 2016 11:31 AM GMT
No bites,off you goes with your menagerie and pollute somewhere else.
Report Ozymandius February 25, 2016 12:25 PM GMT
Oh, Pa is back, didn't think he would show his face for at least a week.
Report kavvie February 25, 2016 3:38 PM GMT
well called tony.it looks like lar byrne has another good one after hardy eustace and to a lesser extent schindlers hunt....wait till he goes chasing he could go right to the top.some engine..
Report tony57 February 25, 2016 3:42 PM GMT
thanks mate, i thought he go from the front race was changed when our duke p/u (somthing wrong)
Report snap crackle and pop February 25, 2016 3:43 PM GMT
Well called tony, nice winner, followed you in at 5/2 myself
Report tony57 February 25, 2016 3:45 PM GMT
jesus thought it was going at the last? not sure i,d blame ruby for this one tho i,d like to see it again.
Report pa lapsy February 25, 2016 3:54 PM GMT
On de ball Snap,good idea to follow someone else.

WD Tony,fav wasn't well.
Report CheltenhamRoar February 25, 2016 3:55 PM GMT
Ruby at the last again ShockedLaugh
Report tony57 February 25, 2016 3:55 PM GMT
ffs ruby,,oh no..
Report tony57 February 25, 2016 3:56 PM GMT
i feel for the horse got a nice run to it, i think it over jumped it?
Report snap crackle and pop February 25, 2016 3:57 PM GMT
Laid him coming to the last, just with his recent record and all that and given how shaky he looked trying to navigate the last in the previous race.
Report TheWasp February 25, 2016 3:59 PM GMT
Well done tony are in great form
Ya snap you called it a few weeks ago as been a profitable exercise well done
Report snap crackle and pop February 25, 2016 4:00 PM GMT
Indeed wasp, hope a few took note like yourself from my recent post on this profitable angle
Report TheWasp February 25, 2016 4:14 PM GMT
I sure did great advice
Report CheltenhamRoar February 25, 2016 4:33 PM GMT
The inner circle strikes again! What a fantastic ride by Brian o Connell CoolCool
Report snap crackle and pop February 25, 2016 4:34 PM GMT
Good analysis pa. At least you got one thing right, it certainly is off to bed you should go for sure!
Report snap crackle and pop February 25, 2016 4:35 PM GMT
Excellent call chelt. Thought it was touch and go coming to the last
Report CheltenhamRoar February 25, 2016 4:36 PM GMT
Yeah I thought we were cooked two out to be fair, but o'connell perservered and won snug enough in the end.
Report pa lapsy February 25, 2016 4:40 PM GMT
A pure non trier, the drift was seismic.
Anyway on that note and reading the thread with the crock of shoite from you and your "mates",time to leave ye at it.
Report snap crackle and pop February 25, 2016 4:41 PM GMT
^^^^ Epic seether signing in ^^^^
Report pa lapsy February 25, 2016 4:42 PM GMT
I,m no liar anyway.
Report snap crackle and pop February 25, 2016 4:43 PM GMT
^^^^ entering full seethe mode, standby! ^^^^
Report CheltenhamRoar February 25, 2016 4:46 PM GMT
Sorry but I decided only the inner circle deserved the info I received at noon today, don't worry though lots more crumbs to come plus snap has already given plenty recently.
Report TheWasp February 25, 2016 4:50 PM GMT
Very understandable chelt given how winners are treated on here
Report Bigwillystyle February 25, 2016 5:06 PM GMT
Rothwell give it up ffs Laugh
Report thegalwayman February 25, 2016 5:39 PM GMT
Rothwell is and always was a great trainer. Must have a virus in the yard.
Report TheWasp February 25, 2016 5:45 PM GMT
Troll , rothwell wouldnt train ivy up a wall
Report wildmanfromborneo February 25, 2016 9:22 PM GMT
Well done Tony,happened exactly as you said it would

I went with the intention of punting Our Duke but was told he was spun some weeks back so backed Nambour instead.

Also backed Union Dues.
When you watch the race you have to acknowledge Ruby did nothing wrong but its happening too often.
Willie Mullins being the perfectionist he is is desperately worried about it..

Rathpatrick was some drifter and there were words of discontent before the race,these escalated to a chorus of disapproval after it.
Its got to the stage you can't back horses in those colours.
Report workrider February 25, 2016 9:28 PM GMT
Was stood beside 3 old boys in the stands having backed U. Dues.As they approached the last the oldest muttered FALL , he got his wish , how I didn't throw him off the stand I'll never know . Theres one guy walking around Tipp tonight who'll never know how close he came.Shameful behaviour from one who should know better.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 25, 2016 9:33 PM GMT
I have always hated people like that.

The cheer from the bookies when Nick Dundee fell at Cheltenham still sickens me.
I accept there was a lot of money at stake but these men are supposed to be professionals and both horse and jockey lay stricken when that cheer burst out.
Report workrider February 25, 2016 9:56 PM GMT
The look of shame on his face when he realised what he had said ,was his saving grace , Money talks .
Report CALLING CARD February 25, 2016 10:19 PM GMT
The most pleasing part of my excursion to Thurles was how Sandra Hughes has transformed herself over the last 6 months.She looked quare well today in her jeans and trilby. Milf
Report CALLING CARD February 25, 2016 10:25 PM GMT
Racing was competitive and enjoyable. Ruby must dread the last obstacle at this stage. Rathpatrick and Rothwells McManus runner were as dead as Dan o Connell. The colours as some people call them are very untrustworthy at this stage.The books must have thought it was xmas when David O Brien and Jimmy Mangan have jollies in the last 2 races.Only one more trip to the land that time forgot .
Report applehunter February 25, 2016 11:12 PM GMT
Day started off cold and got colder as it went on. Glad I went back to the car to get my hat.

Bar at the top of the stand is open again. New floor and new tables and chairs. Toilets the same and nobody thought to give the place a lick of paint either. Coffee was awful but no sign of any vermin, so not all bad.

Our Duke was my main bet of the day so did well to only do some small damage after Hurricane Darwin's lucky win.

One more meeting before October.
Report tony57 February 26, 2016 8:56 AM GMT
disgusting to cheer a faller, thought ruby did nothing wrong, horse just jumped it too well? i,ll tell you tho it has a engine theres a big race in that horse.
Report Temlett February 26, 2016 12:42 PM GMT
He did not cheer the faller by the sounds of it. He expressed a wish that the horse would fall and it was granted, after which he remained silent. If he had cheered, it sounds like he would be a mess at the base of the stand and workrider would be in the local nick.

There are many that would want an unseat or some bad error at the last if the horses that they were heavily involved in was going to benefit, but it is good grace to keep this to yourself and certainly not cheer such an event happening. However you are certainly not standing or sitting, hoping for your opponent to ping the last, if you are on the horse that looks almost certain to lose on merit.
Report mincer11 February 26, 2016 4:08 PM GMT
For the love of jesus, wonky wouldnt beat snow off a rope. If wonks opened his mouth theres a good chance one of them fellas would have stuck him head first into a bin.
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 5:39 PM GMT
Wonks has on several occasions inferred to me by PM that he is 'connected' Grin
Report tobywong. February 26, 2016 5:50 PM GMT
Laugh
Report workrider February 26, 2016 6:37 PM GMT
D'ozy, I give you FULL permission to put that pm up here , otherwise I will be taking things futher . That is a VERY SERIOUS STATEMENT .What exactly do you mean ...
Report Temlett February 26, 2016 6:44 PM GMT
He means you bought a device in the Carphone Warehouse.

Very innocent remark.
Report workrider February 26, 2016 6:57 PM GMT
Why would anyone bother telling somebody that Temlett , a more SINISTER motive is implied , as you know well.
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 9:01 PM GMT
Have found the PM in question, Wonks.

Are you sure you want me to put it up here? It's embarrassing if I'm honest.
Report workrider February 26, 2016 10:30 PM GMT
Post away.
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 10:43 PM GMT
You sure you don't want to sleep on it and let me know in the morning? 

It's from a while back and it may have been that you were going through one of your, ahem, challenging phases.
Report workrider February 26, 2016 10:46 PM GMT
Work away mate , put it up.
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 10:47 PM GMT
ok, but I was hoping for more of a crowd.
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 10:48 PM GMT
Sep 7, 01:18PM:
And I swear on my Mothers grave that there will be severe consequences for you. Only spotted this now , Norman if you ever threaten me again like this , consequences will be the least of your worries ...take this as a friendly warning ' if you knew who I am you,d understand ..
Report DECALEC February 26, 2016 10:49 PM GMT
Fps post itLaugh
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 10:49 PM GMT
I was chilled to the bone at the time Plain
Report DECALEC February 26, 2016 10:51 PM GMT
No worries slabs locked awayLaugh
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 10:52 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh Who are ya?

Are you Ronnie Pickering?
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 10:52 PM GMT
Come on Wonks, what have you got to say for yourself?
Report workrider February 26, 2016 10:58 PM GMT
And DID you take in the milk .....?
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 11:00 PM GMT
Can anyone interpret?  Is that some sort of Gangsta reference?
Report tobywong. February 26, 2016 11:01 PM GMT
Laugh
Report workrider February 26, 2016 11:03 PM GMT
D'ozy,showing his PARANOIA ....Laugh. Go on tell the lads the truth ,you never took it in did you!
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 11:06 PM GMT
I have no idea what you are talking about.  Gibberish, presumably.

Are you going to tell us who you are?

take this as a friendly warning ' if you knew who I am you,d understand ..

Blood curdling menace.
Report workrider February 26, 2016 11:08 PM GMT
THE MILKMAN......Laugh
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 11:08 PM GMT
There was I thinking you were a harmless little old codger from Tallaght who used to muck out stables.

Turns out you are connected.  A Made Man.
Report workrider February 26, 2016 11:10 PM GMT
Premier Dairies....Laugh
Report Ozymandius February 26, 2016 11:13 PM GMT
What a muppett.  You've made a show of yourself.  Again.

Goodnight, Ronnie Pickering.
Report CheltenhamRoar February 26, 2016 11:16 PM GMT
Another evening another embarrassment from good oul wonks, never lets us down.
Report workrider February 26, 2016 11:21 PM GMT
From Ozymandius on May 7, 11:28AM:
apologies, Wonks, I was just using it as a once-off pertinent example of homophobia at work in Ireland.

There really is no slur in having a gay son. Not suggesting that you do, of course!
Report workrider February 26, 2016 11:25 PM GMT
From workrider on Apr 12, 01:10PM:
I am sincerely sorry if I have offened your Mother in anyway , as I said not sure if the woman is dead , me and you are messers if truth be told ,I enjoy our banter and feel we should still joist most days , we'll leave familey out though , mind yourself and God bless you...
This was previous .
Report workrider February 26, 2016 11:25 PM GMT
From workrider on Apr 12, 01:10PM:
I am sincerely sorry if I have offened your Mother in anyway , as I said not sure if the woman is dead , me and you are messers if truth be told ,I enjoy our banter and feel we should still joist most days , we'll leave familey out though , mind yourself and God bless you...
This was previous .
Report Ozymandius February 27, 2016 9:27 AM GMT
My private messages are private and should remain so.

You expressly asked me to publish yours, I even gave you several opportunities to retract that wish.

What up Gangsta!
Report workrider February 27, 2016 10:11 AM GMT
First things first St D'ozy, you raced into a fury and couldn't wait to publish what you deem a threat, when the reality of it was an apoligie ,  if you wish me to keep the rest of our corespondence secret thats fine .Now that your whiter than white image has been shattered AGAIN, you might think before engaging your arse and spitting out your usual bile . Here endeth the lesson .
Report Ozymandius February 27, 2016 11:45 AM GMT
You are embarrassing yourself, Wonks.

you raced into a fury and couldn't wait to publish

1.  there was no fury, only bemusement.

2.  I didn't rush into anything....Firstly, you requested that I publish it. I gave you several opportunities to reconsider...hardly the actions of a man in a rush.  I fact DECALEC told me to get on with it!

what you deem a threat,

There really is no room for mis-interpretation!  It is there in black and white for everyone to read, Ronnie Pickering style Grin

Now that your whiter than white image has been shattered

I had no idea my image was 'whiter than white'!!!!  It is anything but!

I made a claim, you claimed it was nonsense and I subsequently published proof.  I don't think it was me got the lesson somehow Cool
Report workrider February 27, 2016 11:58 AM GMT
1 There was no need to even bring the subject up , your EGO took control as usual .
2 Your well known PARANOIA kicking in.
3 Bloody right you LOVE the image of been a Paragon of righteousness .
Report Temlett February 27, 2016 12:07 PM GMT
Do you genuinely enjoy the banter as indicated in the above post?

That is hard to believe - It is like Mayweather v Hatton on here with the latter enjoying much the largest following and vocal support, but with limited tactics and a lot of flaying about leaving himself exposed to the more focused and clinical style of his opponent.

I don't think it will end like that though as in this case Mayweather enjoys picking off his opponent too much to ever deliver a really telling blow.

Mincer will be disgusted that I dragged Ozy down to the level of a fighter in this instance but I did pick the highest evolution of the species (inside the ring).
Report callitasucit February 27, 2016 12:12 PM GMT
^^^Cracking summing up!!
Report workrider February 27, 2016 12:27 PM GMT
Temlett , very well put , sadly I'm limited in been able to express myself due to my dyslexia ,Idon't offer that as a excuse its just a fact .Anyone who has met me will be able to tell you that I can more than hold my own conversation wise ,I refuse to use spell check .So I have to regretfully accept the HATTON title...Laugh
Report tobywong. February 27, 2016 1:02 PM GMT
temlett Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com