Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
02 Jan 16 16:15
| Topic/replies: 31,727 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Won one other race...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 89
By:
tony57
When: 02 Jan 16 16:30
just looking threw the card now wr..took my eye also tbh,..just waiting to see what price it will be..also looked at fairly legal for tyner?..but until its priced up its only a look..
By:
snap crackle and pop
When: 02 Jan 16 16:32
All races are priced up there tony
By:
tony57
When: 02 Jan 16 16:46
thanks snap.
By:
tony57
When: 02 Jan 16 16:55
@5/1 is worth a bet..fairly legal too short imo so just vic for me couldn't have tudor city? I know its getting a stone and with martin who knows?
By:
tony57
When: 02 Jan 16 16:57
favourite in the bumper by PIVOTAL?
By:
snap crackle and pop
When: 02 Jan 16 17:48
Yes
By:
pa lapsy
When: 02 Jan 16 18:06
Interesting(and poor as you say) race WR,see Tudor City has been cut already. He got a lot of chat on this forum before.Was going for a shockin race at Hexham til abandoned and ran an odd race since at Wetherby in a heavy ground poorish maiden. Wasn't too hard on him that day but i questioned whether he stayed as well,at 6/4 i won't be paying to find out.
Of the Market leaders don't like Jack Slade,think your one,Tangled Web who ran well after a lay-off til weakening and solid enough Courageous Cry will be involved but hard to choose one though all an ew price.
Liked the way Rolling Rocket(2/1) in the next has won his couple,that will be my interest.
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 02 Jan 16 18:07
Kitten Rock only has to stay up to win, a classy hurdler not far behind the best around and looks to make an even better chaser, Bellshills is obviously respected but not in the same league as KR, anything can win the bumper with none of the usual top bumper stables represented, a good method in these rare cases are jockey bookings, so go with the best jockey, so if having a bet Katie Walshs mount will do for me.
By:
keen leader
When: 02 Jan 16 19:49
The Turf ClubD.G. Hogan, rider of Tudor City, trained by A.J.Martin, reported to the Stewards' Secretaries that his mount did not handle the ground and was reaching at the hurdles, before staying on past tired horses. The Turf Club Veterinary Officer examined Tudor City, trained by A.J.Martin, at the request of the Stewards and reported the animal to be post race normal. Samples were taken for analysis. The Stewards enquired into the running and riding of Tudor City, ridden by D.G. Hogan, and trained by A.J.Martin. Evidence was heard from the rider and from Mick Cromwell, authorised representative for the trainer. D.G. Hogan, stated that his instructions were to jump off towards the rear, settle his mount as quickly as possible and to ride his mount to get the trip, bearing in mind that it's best form is over a mile. He further added that their were concerns about the ground and at one point he had expected it to be a non runner. He said his mount settled well but reached at some of the hurdles and from four furlongs out began to lean left handed which he put down to tiredness on the ground, before staying on one paced in the closing stages. Mick Cromwell, confirmed the instructions given and expressed his satisfaction with the ride. He outlined the past wind problems this horse had and stated that he had ran in the past with a tongue tie. He confirmed that the ground was a concern and felt that in order to stay the trip he would need more favourable ground conditions in the future. The Stewards also received a report from the Turf Club Veterinary Officer who stated that Tudor City was found to be post race normal. (Samples were taken for analysis). Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards noted the explanations offered and advised D. G. Hogan to be seen to make more of an effort in the future. Mr. Patrick Barry, Chairman of the Stewards, absented himself from this enquiry and Mr. Con O'Mahony, acted as chairman.

the above is the transcript from the turf club on the inquiry after the limerick run of tudor city...connections we can assume were absolved on that occasion because the horse as mick Cromwell said does not stay 2 miles on soft ground.................so...........

1---what the hell is this horse doing running over 2 miles on heavy ground?...that fact alone if one is to believe the limerick story should lead to the trainer being called in before racing tomorrow and forced to withdraw the horse....because those that may punt or contemplate punting the horse are burning their money if we are to believe the truth as was told to the limerick stipes.

2- assuming the naas stipes do not have the liathriodies to enact the above, should the horse happen to have had a miraculous change in his ground preferences during the past ten weeks and just happens to win tomorrow, then the spotlight will be upon the naas stipes to act and refer the matter to the turf club, and then, they once and for all can lay down a marker.
By:
tony57
When: 02 Jan 16 19:54
welldone kl..
By:
workrider
When: 02 Jan 16 19:54
A headache for A.J.so. Too run or not too run ...Either way hes in trouble .
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 02 Jan 16 19:59
Bellshill is not in the same race as Kitten Rock never mind the same league.

You can't have a bet in the Vicangelome race because of Tudor City and his trainer.
We know he has been having a look his last few runs,incredibly getting Dennis Hogan to ride him in Wetherby.

Gary OBrien naps Tudor City tomorrow which means you should get a try but I hope it loses.
White Arm had is first go yesterday but mercifully lost.

I don't know how Martin gets away with it.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 02 Jan 16 20:58
With the very little i know about breeding it would suggest he should stay and well enough at that but is there any possibility he doesn't(on heavyish in any case)?
I know it makes a mockery of his campaigning if he doesn't as your posts are alluding to KL(cracking post) and should in theory be at Dundalk or a summer campaign,a good watch now.
By:
dj876
When: 02 Jan 16 21:00
Vomit invoking..get off the floor price-wise.
By:
Arklearkle
When: 02 Jan 16 21:02
Sadly no matter what transpires tomorrow no action of any significance will be taken. Same old, same old.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 02 Jan 16 21:11
What is wrong with you robothead? That is your style alright,wait an hop on,a prik of the highest order.
By:
dj876
When: 02 Jan 16 21:14
Cracking post Keen Leader.

Only a couple of days ago you were rejoicing in how the likes of whatsforuwontgobyu was campaigned.

Make up your mind!

A bigger rim-licking hypocritical spoofer you couldn't find.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 02 Jan 16 21:19
Why so angry DJ.

I think all are in agreement with the disgusting way Martin campaigns his horses.

Some of us have different emphasis.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 02 Jan 16 21:22
Before Keen Leader posted i did and i said i was unsure if Tudor City stayed at Wetherby,Keen Leader i think answered that and did it well on what i thought,a cracking post for my benefit anyway.
You are twisting in regards the Mcmanus handicappers at Leopardstown,if you couldn't show a shred of admiration for Eddie Harty that is up to yourself.
Go away now Mr dj876 and don't be annoying me.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 02 Jan 16 21:37
You are fairly bitter yourself this evening dj,
Go away and relax for yourself Laugh
By:
dj876
When: 02 Jan 16 21:40
Pious Pa should go back a few posts.

How can anyone expect to have any tolerance when conversing with dimwits like Tony57 and a disingenuous charlatan like you?
By:
pa lapsy
When: 02 Jan 16 21:45
Robothead fails to see why anyone can just be interested in horseracing,above everyone and all beneath him,i'll rephrase it,a sanctimoniuos prik of the highest order.
By:
tony57
When: 02 Jan 16 21:49
thinks hes someone pa, how dare we disagree, your no better than anyone else on here dj, lots of  crap you spout,you want to look in the mirror..
By:
The Gotchee
When: 02 Jan 16 22:02
pa and Tony are two of the best contributors on this forum.

dj is an ar$ehole
By:
snap crackle and pop
When: 02 Jan 16 22:10
^^^^^ Village signing in ^^^^^
By:
TellTheKing
When: 02 Jan 16 22:11
Please Widman, some posters on this forum are still recovering from White Arm not collecting. A gamble 18 months in the making going awry at the final moment.

Kitten Rock met with a mishap recently hence missing Leopardstown. This, allied with the softly softly approach taken at the start of the season, means they are very much on the backfoot going into tomorrow. I’d be surprised if Shaneshill isn’t extremely strong in the market. Long term I would have Kitten Rock as the preferred candidate for the Arkle and will hopefully drift after tomorrow’s race.
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 03 Jan 16 02:00
Easy mistake to make wildman, Shaneshill,Bellshill, Yorkhill, all the bleeding same, is Wylie naming these creatures or what's the crack?
By:
callitasucit
When: 03 Jan 16 08:22
Stone Hard looks a cracking play in the novice hurdle.

Fair enough Bellshill was impressive the last day, and will be tough to beat, but I would be very sweet on Stone Hard accounting for the others. I was hoping for anything evens or over in the without market, so with him hovering about 2.9 to place, that will be a cracking bet.

Anibale Fly beat absolutely nought on hurdles debut, and may not appreciate todays slog at this stage of his career.

Marikoush done well to win having gone off to fats the day, but with Beau Mome flopping, he also beat little.

Stone Hard's maiden win bears much more scrutiny, and though jumping deplorably til exiting(a poor unseat) last time, he will push the jolly close if the have ironed out that problem.

He will relish the ground and every yard of the trip, and has far more scope than the other two with a chance.
By:
mincer11
When: 03 Jan 16 09:08
Kitten rock is the most over rated horse in this country. Shaneshill will take that thing asunder today and as for him winning the Arkle , if that happens id eat Paddy Docherty's underpants and then take him on in some bare knuckle action afterwards
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 03 Jan 16 11:05
If Willie trained KR ye could reverse the prices, I'll stick to my guns and have had a good go at the kitten
By:
workrider
When: 03 Jan 16 11:10
Good man Chelt, the games all about opinions, sometimes one has to stick to their guns...
By:
tony57
When: 03 Jan 16 12:06
indeed fairplay to chealts..to much trying to belittle people on here if there opinion goes wrong..
By:
workrider
When: 03 Jan 16 12:08
Off to Naas ,Tony if you want give me a ring later...
By:
tony57
When: 03 Jan 16 12:11
thanks wr..I,ll call you for bumper...have a great day
By:
TellTheKing
When: 03 Jan 16 12:15
As regards the naming CR, all three horses were bought out of the Dennison academy in Antrim. The unfortunate Briar Hill was another. The general theme for names there seems to be place names in the locality. Graham Whylie may play second fiddle to Rich Ricci but he certainly gets a fair crack at buying good horses by the looks of it.
By:
CheltenhamRoar
When: 03 Jan 16 12:18
Thanks lads drifting now ShockedLaugh

Cheers TTK, interesting, I knew there had to be some sort of theme to the naming of them horses,
All very useful amazingly.
By:
norn iron
When: 03 Jan 16 12:18
HURRY HENRY NAP

MINELLA ON LINE EW INVICTA LAKE  SUSSEX NATIONAL

LAST DAY ON THE BEER TIL CHELTHappy
By:
tony57
When: 03 Jan 16 12:37
enjoy norn..by the way I have you tats badge for Thursday
By:
keen leader
When: 03 Jan 16 12:38
i think there may be a profit to be had out of the first race.

I think there is little downside to backing missyspet each way at 8/1 without the top 2 in the market with b365, I would make her about a 2/1 shot in that market just behind Melbourne lady, bar a fall missyspet should cop the place element of the bet. I also think missyspet to place in the outright market at 100/30 to 7/2 is a more than fair offer.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com