Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
norn iron
14 Nov 15 20:37
| Topic/replies: 12,474 | Blogger: norn iron's blog
MINE TO FOLLOW WHEN SOBER UP

WAXIES DARGLE EW NAP

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 90
By:
tony57
When: 14 Nov 15 21:26
1.35 garde la victoire @11/10
yards arkle horse if it carnt win this they,ll be scratching there heads..with a clear round I,ll be surprised if hes not too good for this field..only worry is its his debut and he will need the run but he has a touch of class...a rare max bet for me at short odds.
3.50 THE UNIT @16/1
won a decent bumper @newbury and was put away after that..this looks like a after thought as he was going hurdling but trainer thinks a fair bit of the horse and at the prices I couldn't not have a small e/w bet .
By:
tony57
When: 14 Nov 15 21:32
CORK
4.10 LIEUTENANT @5/2
don't think coming down in trip will be a problem seems to have improved with every run.
By:
slickster
When: 14 Nov 15 22:02
How can you possibly be having a maximum bet on a horse who you wrongly assume is having his debut???????????????
Truly staggering.
By:
callitasucit
When: 14 Nov 15 22:04
Tony, its not his debut.
By:
callitasucit
When: 14 Nov 15 22:05
I have this as a lay tomorrow. Though am not playing yet, as have a feeling I will get it a bit cheaper in the morning.
By:
The Gotchee
When: 14 Nov 15 22:12
CALLITASUCIT
By:
The Gotchee
When: 14 Nov 15 22:12
CALLITASUCIT
By:
The Gotchee
When: 14 Nov 15 22:13
MUG PUNTER
By:
callitasucit
When: 14 Nov 15 22:17
Well done son, you first contribution on the third thread of the weekend.

Im happy enough with my contribution to the other two. As would most others whose opinions are worth reading that posted on them.

Yours on the other hand......
By:
applehunter
When: 14 Nov 15 23:10
Anybody got some insight into the Grade C hcap hurdle at Mallow?

Looks a nice race.
By:
neill d
When: 14 Nov 15 23:43
If Byerly Babe was strong she'd be seriously interesting as she's probably innately the best horse, could see her needing it though.

Fleming might not see 20k pot again when the season starts proper so maybe his Sam Red. Obvious I know but a tidy little 4yo who will bait away through the ground and is unexposed. went off 4/1 for a race at Fairyhouse in april and went well, I'd have that here. Obvious i realise.
By:
norn iron
When: 15 Nov 15 08:24
DRUMLEE SUNSET    REV4CAST MR MIGAGI

GARDE  LE VICTOIRE

MY MOLE

WAXIES DARGLE   EW THINK OLOFI CRACKING EW VALUE OF FEATHER WEIGHT 

BROD NA HEIRAAN GREAT EW BET (GOOD 4TH WINDSOR PARK @LEOP )TOM BELLAMY HAS CHOSEN IT OVER MY DANGER SHARDAPOUR

VIVE LE ROI EWAY SAVER THE UNIT 

GOOD LUCK PUNTERS
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 15 Nov 15 09:43
Honestly Tony is such a mug he has nearly ruined this thread, i like Mick Jazz, Simply Ned and also Brod Na Heirann. I'd give that Olofi a chance Norn, just recent form is so off putting, i'd also give totalize a chance. I hope Spinter stays in i think he is unbackable.
By:
mrcombustible
When: 15 Nov 15 09:49
In the bumper I quite like Ballyandy for the Twiston Davies team.

By the excellent bumper sire Kayf Tara, this horse is a full brother to Megastar who won the champion bumper at Aintree. Also full brother to bumper winners Megasue and Zhakiera Spirit.

I will also have a saver on the Hobbs horse Lisheeen Prince, won its only point at Oldcastle, asking a lot to win in this company first time outbut I respect the trainer in Cheltenham bumpers and he must think a lot of it to be chucking it in at the deep end.
By:
TellTheKing
When: 15 Nov 15 10:03
There’s been a few interesting racing threads this weekend to coincide with the top racing. Makes a change from the normal banality. There’s plenty room for cut and thrust argument / debate (some of the automatic back slapping on here would make ya vomit), if only the childish element could be set aside.

Think Simply Ned is nearly a good thing if the race goes as I expect. He is a solid 160 horse who has improved each season to date. Impossible to have faith in SS and don’t fancy Mr. Mole around the track assuming a good pace. A reproduction of Simply Ned's run in the race last year is quite likely to be good enough. The main bogey is Brian Harding but the price is big enough to allow for his presence.

Scoop The Pot is also far better than a 120 horse. He reminds me of how they started off If In Doubt for the same connections. As ever with these colours, market support will play a factor but he’s the only JP horse in the race. The rider is also decent value for his claim. It’s a very condensed handicap and basically he’s going to turn out to be the best horse in the race long-term, hopefully starting today.

Don’t like most of those at the front of the betting in the Greenwood, think they have significant flaws that the price doesn’t compensate for. I’ve gone with Dexcite. The trainer / jockey combo have been with Olofi for the past few years. Given Olofi is handicapped to run a competitive race again it looks significant that Paddy Brennan rides this potential improver off his minimum weight. Unlike the other 4yo’s, he didn’t come run on the Flat or in France. He has shown improved form in his last three runs, culminating in a third in Chepstow on seasonal debut. He is keen going and quite possibly a bit of a softie. That being said, today’s race should provide an ideal test with a likely strong gallop. Paddy can be relied upon to not arrive onto the scene until late and the race could just fall into his lap. He’s definitely a horse to keep an eye on for his next few runs.
By:
The Gotchee
When: 15 Nov 15 10:45
Somersby goes well fresh but is getting on a bit. Well capable of winning, if fit and well 5/1. I think Sprinter Sacre is finished.

Ebony Express 25/1 E/W Imperial Cup winner off 6lbs lower. Ran unplaced at the festival 6 days later. He could still be improving. Trainer always has them ready to run for their life.

Crazy Jack E/W 25/1. Lightly raced over hurdles so there could be more improvement. Top weight but only has to give 7 lbs to the bottom weight.
By:
Lee Ho Fooks
When: 15 Nov 15 11:01
GL Norn & everyone, out all daySad. Have hit the record button & I'll be watching Chelts & Punchestown this evening - great to see that proper racing is here nowExcited
By:
Fayzer
When: 15 Nov 15 12:06
We have had a very quiet week this week but have a couple of horses running over the weekend. I am particularly looking forward to seeing Penn Lane (winner) run at Uttoxeter on Saturday and Alzammaar at Cheltenham on Sunday. Quote from greatrex

Alzammer is interesting. Unexposed. Yard is flying 6 for 15 in the last 2 weeks. 14/1 is worth an investment.
By:
tony57
When: 15 Nov 15 12:19
wow..forgive me for mixing up my horses..i was on 2 different threads last night ...I forget he won at uttoxeter..I was reading something Philip hobbs was saying before he ran there ..so sorry ...Blush
ive had a pm from rocket ..what a child.
slickster..I don't need you to tell me about punting mate..I put up enough winners on here and go racing..you like rocket are a ponce..who know nothing..

I don't bother indulging with children most times..but it never seizes to amaze me ..that you can make a mistake ..when reading or putting something up and some on here act like a child..as if they are all knowlagable..when they know sweet fa?
By:
callitasucit
When: 15 Nov 15 12:21
Interesting days racing ahead, with Faugheen without doubt the star attraction.

An absolute joy to watch.

Very hard to find to find a betting angle in it though, only WPM boys will know how fit Nichols Canyon is. It would be disappointing if he was near ready and couldn't dispose of Wicklow Brave for second, but that wouldn't be a betting proposition without some knowledge of his forwardness.

I think Thomas Edison will outrun his odds, and could be worth a look later in the 3 place market.

Down in Cork I really fancy Leap Dearg in the 3.40.

I backed this lad in the novice hcp at the festival, and he travelled like an absolute dream. Ultimately he didn't get home, but had travelled like the best horse in the race until two out. Even the bare form of that run would be more than enough here, but it seems he will be seen in a better light returned to shorter. His fitness also has to be taken on trust, but that to me is the only doubt.

Grade la Victoire is a deserved fav for the novice at Chelt, but although I backed him on debut as reports were he was ready, I wasn't impressed.

He looked beaten 4 out, but Bristol de Mai simply blew up. GLV didn't make a great shape at a few fences, and though comfortably the best of these over hurdles, he may not have the scope to achieve as high a rating over the larger obstacles. Its disappointing there is nothing of any real note taking him on, but there are still a couple in there that could take advantage if he doesn't progress. Hobbs was also in unreal form at the time of his win. His stable will not have such a fitness edge now.

What Calipto done over hurdles was always going to be a bonus before going chasing, and he looked good on debut in this sphere. He has plenty of scope to be better.

Fox Norton is an admirable sort and wont be disposed of easily. He may get a soft lead too.

All in all, I think a lay of GLV at around the 1.7 mark is definitely the play.

1.7 on Sizing John in the novice in Punch on the other hand would be a play, and if he gets that big, I will back him.

Renneti looks very interesting back over hurdles in the hcp at Chelt. It may prove that 2m is too short, and this could be an early sighter for either the Coral or Pertemps, but I do think his mark is exploitable, so will have a small interest today.

Im hoping Babbling Stream is well punted in the bumper, as I would be a layer of this thing. Very small in appearance, I was far from taken by him when beaten last time out. I wouldn't think he is one of Willies leading lights in the bumper division, and there are plenty in here who can beat him today.
By:
newapproach
When: 15 Nov 15 12:53
I like simon squirrel in the first @ cheltenham. Will be suited by the test of stamina which he did not get @ Newton abbott. Should go well @ 9/2
By:
callitasucit
When: 15 Nov 15 13:01
Dutched Altior and Drumlee at 2.04
By:
pa lapsy
When: 15 Nov 15 13:24
Evs on Nine Stitches tbp 1.25 my only bet today, Like Leap Dearg as a horse as well,seems strong enough and Tyners ran well in the 1st but just a watch today.
By:
callitasucit
When: 15 Nov 15 13:26
I backed Nine Stitches tbp myself Pa. 1.97.
By:
tony57
When: 15 Nov 15 13:31
altoir is decent..the 2nd horse needs better ground.
By:
callitasucit
When: 15 Nov 15 13:32
Backed Sprinter Sacre at 11-4 in 2.10.

Shorter now, but that is not a negative, as it signals what they expect.

He would win this on two of his 3 runs of last year. Given they have kept him in training, it is reasonable to imagine they expect better rather than worse this time around. The vibes back that up, as does todays market strength.

First time out on soft ground would be a slight worry, and due to that I will put in for a trade IR at around the 1.35 mark.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 15 Nov 15 13:34
Never going Callit,bandage required, Belshill impressive but eat little.
By:
callitasucit
When: 15 Nov 15 13:41
Thought had Garde beat between the last two. Jump at the last won it for him. He will win no Arkle.
By:
tony57
When: 15 Nov 15 13:42
max bet landed!..little r4 I think but happy days...
By:
tony57
When: 15 Nov 15 13:43
I wouldn't right him off callit..he was not impressive today but hes better than that.
By:
callitasucit
When: 15 Nov 15 13:51
I didn't think much of him before today....and today certainly wouldn't have changed my mind. Had they jumped the last with equal aplomb, it would have been very close. Getting 4lb off Fox Norton, that is not Arkle contending form. He may indeed proved better than that, he probably will, but he has it to prove.

Give me Sizing John anyday between the two. SJ probably more of a JLT sort that being said, but he will have aright chance in that contest.
By:
callitasucit
When: 15 Nov 15 14:07
Got few quid on Thomas Edison at 3.8 in 3 place market.
By:
callitasucit
When: 15 Nov 15 14:16
Anyone without a tear in their watching that, should start watching a different sport.

Absolutely fuc**n brilliant!!
By:
pa lapsy
When: 15 Nov 15 14:22
Few with tears after Faugheen, i'm stunned, poor in hindsight from Ruby not to lead.
By:
TellTheKing
When: 15 Nov 15 14:22
What a five minutes of racing. Proper horses all round. Nichols Canyon might finally start getting the recognition he deserves.

Fair play to all concerned with Sprinter Sacre. It has been a long road with him and the easier option to retire must have been very appealing at various stages.
By:
TellTheKing
When: 15 Nov 15 14:23
No at all Pa. Nichols went a proper gallop setting it up for Faugheen.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 15 Nov 15 14:32
There certainly seems no excuses anyway, Walsh was very bullish and was supposed to have worked well Tuesday,maybe not giving Nicholls credit but Wicklow Brave was close enough as well.
By:
tony57
When: 15 Nov 15 14:33
jumped so well today sprinter, he is one of the best looking horses ive had the pleasure to get close too..wonder what he,ll go for @the festival if all goes well?
By:
TheWasp
When: 15 Nov 15 14:34
anyone think a little bit of awkward head carriage at the business end from faugheen?
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com