Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wildmanfromborneo
01 Oct 15 22:28
| Topic/replies: 21,252 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
I picked a great day to go racing in Clonmel.
This beautiful racecourse was bathed in sunshine and had a decent crowd.
The racing was neither competitive or top class but was nonetheless compelling.

Ruby Walsh was at his imperious best,he won on his only two rides,doubt if many others would have won on either.
The Tipperary Petit Bois is still there and the racecourse still has a wonderful selection of trees.

Peter OHehir was commentating and did his usual competent job,bravely called Eyes Of A Tiger a winner as they flashed past.

The restaurant was clean,don't know if Mincers Alsatian would have been impressed but Irish Guy would have been aghast at the price of a cup of tea.

It was a frustrating day punting wise,didnt fancy Gallant Tipp at all ( ground and trip wrong ) so backed two to beat him,Jansboy and Illtakeitfromhere.
Didnt fancy Old Castletown either ( thought only place he could win was Tramore ) so again backed two to beat him Knockraha Prince and Island Peak.
I turned it all around by backing the bumper winner,Katie Walsh is a lovely rider as well as a honey.

Came home through Fethard,passing some old haunts was saddened by the amount of them that were closed down,The Ouncel and Woodbridge the most notable.
Pause Switch to Standard View Glorious Day In Clonmel.
Show More
Report huddys October 1, 2015 11:20 PM BST
Glad you enjoyed the day,ye Ruby was great on both horses,backed the first,my heart was in my mouth when he made a mistake at the last,
Report wildmanfromborneo October 1, 2015 11:52 PM BST
I backed neither.

I had forgotten how beautiful Clonmel racecourse was.
Report roadrunner46 April 24, 2019 8:30 PM BST
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com