Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
winsamsoon
30 Aug 15 14:04
| Topic/replies: 741 | Blogger: winsamsoon's blog
Dubs absulute certs here to cover the hcap and prob with a bit to spare.
Hopefully the ref just lets them at it and doesn't fcuk up like seems to be happining in every 2nd game.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 120
By:
mincer11
When: 30 Aug 15 16:01
What a load of bawloxx this Gaelic football is.
Two of the best teams in the country producing this kind of rubbish. Persistent fouling, dragging and all sorts of niggly holding and both on and off the ball fouling.
Of the 30 players on the pitch, there cannot be a more vile creature than Connolly. They should have locked the thug up when they had the chance.
By:
elvissss
When: 30 Aug 15 16:10
Ref letting the dubs away with murder so far - filthy stuff from them

Be interesting if the 'experts' at RTE call it as it is
By:
tobywong.
When: 30 Aug 15 16:13
absolutely mincer, connolly is one nauseating plick
By:
paddletoe
When: 30 Aug 15 16:17
Poor game to watch. Mayo should have been given a penalty and how was the Dublin player not black carded for a deliberate jersey pull from behind.
By:
mincer11
When: 30 Aug 15 16:18
Fracturing somebodys eye socket in an unprovoked attack at 20 to 4 in the morning, lovely chap.
Dublin must be stuck for players if they have to pick that yoke.
By:
tobywong.
When: 30 Aug 15 16:21
mcqillan is a joke reffing the dubs!!
By:
Kelly
When: 30 Aug 15 16:25
The only satisfied spectators so far are mostly in Kerry . Nothing we have seen so far will have frightened Kerry.

Poor match , ref chickening out .
By:
winsamsoon
When: 30 Aug 15 16:30
Horrible stuff alright, from both teams and ref is average but in fairness to him the players are making it tough for him.
Agree re Connolly
By:
elvissss
When: 30 Aug 15 16:50
Same old from Mayo - Poor shooting might cost them
By:
winsamsoon
When: 30 Aug 15 17:04
Unbeleivable reffing, give it up Joe
By:
elvissss
When: 30 Aug 15 17:07
Took 5 players to take him down for the pen and Canning says it's a big call
By:
mincer11
When: 30 Aug 15 17:10
Get off Connolly ya dirty mongrel.
By:
winsamsoon
When: 30 Aug 15 17:13
wasn't a peno, elviss. Who's Canning?
Dubs only have themselves to blame, got cocky when they went 6 up. Fair play to Mayo, never gave up
By:
Kelly
When: 30 Aug 15 17:14
Mayo sure know how not to win games . Magnificent come back , but they had the Dubs on the ropes for 10 minutes or more and kicked more wides than I ever did in my life .

Ref analysis will make interesting viewing this evening .
By:
vinnie_roe
When: 30 Aug 15 17:16
The penalty was a disgrace, but Dublin choked badly there.
By:
elvissss
When: 30 Aug 15 17:18
Stonewall pen winsamsoon - ploughed in on top of him

commentator

Good finish to a poor game - Handy result for the GAA
By:
winsamsoon
When: 30 Aug 15 17:31
I'll have another look, but on first view I thought he fell/dive, didn't see any foul.
Either way, there's 2 fat flutes in white coats 8 yards away who are just there for their £150, can't figure out why in big games they don't give that job to club refs
By:
Biffo2010
When: 30 Aug 15 17:38
No way was it a pen , higgins threw himself into it.. Although flynns was outside box first half.. Big lump matched on dubs at 1.03 and less!
By:
frank60
When: 30 Aug 15 17:41
MAYO DESERVED another chance but Vinnie is right the lad  dived into the dublin backs because he had knowere to go, another full house next saterday, The gaa will be happy.
By:
paddletoe
When: 30 Aug 15 18:00
Did'nt look a penalty. Higgins was running into two defenders in front of him and was never going to get the ball away and was already on his way down before the defenders from behind fell on top of him.
Fancy Mayo for the replay. They seemed to have more snap in them in parts today and they could hardly play any worse in the next game especially if O'Shea has a bigger impact.
By:
winsamsoon
When: 30 Aug 15 18:14
Seen it again, DEF no peno. Was Canning commentating on the radio?
It's unreal how many matchs refs have decided this year.
By:
callitasucit
When: 30 Aug 15 18:17
Pretty poor game really, and certainly nothing on display that will have worried Kerry.

What today provided though was vital match practise for Dublin, and they may benefit enough to take the replay. There was really only ten minutes of football in a very stop start match, and Mayo played most of it. They missed 4 or 5 sitters when a point down in the second half, and really only clicked into gear when the game appeared to have gotten away from them.

Typical.

Dublin definitely choked. Cluxtons confidence was shot to pieces. I thought Mayo were the better team today, but may have missed the boat.
By:
reb
When: 30 Aug 15 18:18
Ref always likely to give a free/pen late on, in such a big game, if it means the possibility of another €2-3 mil for GAA coffers. At least money goes into facilities and not pockets of chiefs.
By:
freddiek
When: 30 Aug 15 18:19
pen for Dublin in first half looked outside the box. Dubs had it won but stopped playing in the last 5 or so minutes. for once the media won't be on about how awesome Cluxton is, dropped a few clangers there today with his frees and kick-outs.

Dubs should still win replay i think, have far better forwards.
By:
neill d
When: 30 Aug 15 18:20
Cluxton's arrogance taking too much out of the ball cost Dublin, he was asking for it all afternoon. No pen at the end there either. Even sans Connolly Dublin should come on enough to win the next day.

Dublin need to lose two of the dead weights, Dean Rock ain't up to it and teams have figured out that if you stand McAuley up, he can't actually play football.
By:
paddletoe
When: 30 Aug 15 18:22
I see the Dublin player injured at the start of the game needed 10 stitches. Might have been an accident but in real time it looked like the Mayo forward put a knee into him when he was on the ground after the ball had went out.
By:
neill d
When: 30 Aug 15 18:25
There will be nothing made of it paddletoe as it doesn't suit the narrative.
By:
paddletoe
When: 30 Aug 15 18:28
Might have got an accidental elbow when the two players first went for the ball but after the ball went dead the Mayo player seemed to walk over the Dublin player when he was on the ground.
By:
neill d
When: 30 Aug 15 18:34
Maybe.... wasn't much in the way of speculation on it, gurrier and Mayo doesn't really fit and I can see why they didn't care to explore it. O'Carroll was a massive loss though, O'Shea had McMahon on toast if they could have gotten him the ball.
By:
tobywong.
When: 30 Aug 15 18:35
i wonder will macmahon be done for the o shea headbutt , no hiding place after the tyrone analysis imo, also his diving was sickening !!
By:
neill d
When: 30 Aug 15 18:39
McMahon was defo spitting the dummy as O'Shea was basically outmanning him.
By:
paddletoe
When: 30 Aug 15 18:44
In O'Shea i think Mayo have the best footballer in the country.
By:
neill d
When: 30 Aug 15 18:46
Definitely the most effective anyway.
By:
paddletoe
When: 30 Aug 15 18:46
Skill, power and bravery - O'Shea has it all.
By:
neill d
When: 30 Aug 15 18:48
If only they could clone him for around the midfield.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 30 Aug 15 20:08
Very disappointing game,no Mayo peno for me,they missed a lot of chances in the last quarter but the Dubs(whatever happened to their game today and i thought they were dirty enough,Cooper intentionally going for a leg with studs was a lot worse than just than the yellow he got).Finished up exciting but a massive let down for 65 minutes.
By:
kavvie
When: 30 Aug 15 20:13
it could win the all ireland for either team.the one that learns most from it..?
By:
pa lapsy
When: 30 Aug 15 20:37
Extra game might help and could be a different one altogether next time but like Kelly think Kerry are happy with what they saw.
By:
ACE JACK DOUBLE SUITED
When: 30 Aug 15 20:42
Dublin were there for the taking today.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo