Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
winsamsoon
27 Aug 15 13:12
| Topic/replies: 6,236 | Blogger: winsamsoon's blog
The good days for Irish amatuer boxing could be coming to an end. From what I hear he was happy to stay and had agreed a deal but the IABA basically renaged on their side just before the contract was to be signed.
One good thing that might come from this is Katie turning pro after the Olympics and finally fighting some world class fighters instead of the same few girls all the time.
Show More
Report freddiek September 13, 2015 7:51 PM BST
frank people are making out like the whole house is going to collapse if Billy goes and i just don't buy that, with the quality of boxers we have and framework already in place.

and hopefully in Rio we'll get that elusive male boxing Gold which billy god bless him did not deliver.

Be hopeful people!
Report tobywong. October 11, 2015 12:50 PM BST
billies boys performing admirably yet again Blush
Report frank60 October 11, 2015 1:12 PM BST
A nice Timely Reminder Toby to show people how Important Billy is to irish boxing, 3 Brooze medals  guaranteed in the World Championships in Doha, a Remarkable perforemence for a small country.
Report frank60 October 12, 2015 7:34 PM BST
Although little or no  Recognition is giving on the Irish forum to our boxers in Doha i cant let it pass but to Congratulate Joe Ward, and Michael Conlan on making the finals  World boxing Championships, Well done lads.
Report workrider October 12, 2015 7:45 PM BST
Frank you are so right , hardly a mention of the lads in the media , shameful imo...
Report mincer11 October 12, 2015 7:50 PM BST
If they werent at the olympics, they'd be bare knuckle boxing in the midlands somewhere. Ward, are ye fukkin joking me or what, do people think that the average Irish man is cheering for him?
Report workrider October 12, 2015 7:58 PM BST
Most boxers are from working class backgrounds Mincer , with the exception of the Christie Bros way back . The po po lot of mammys boys from Dublin 4 etc would **** themselves if confronted with violence of any discription , many a mammys boy on here who become Internet Warriors , but would run a mile if asked to protect themselves..
Report frank60 October 12, 2015 8:16 PM BST
I could see Mincer causeing many a row and be the 1st one to run when the going gets tough,..his Comments on the Good luck to both national teams thread were shameful[Please France, can you please beat the shiite out of these shower.] i well aware that Mincer likes to dig below the belt to get a Response but even he cant be to proud of this one.
Report 1.01's no fun October 14, 2015 6:10 PM BST
Superb effort from Billy's team-

Michael Conlan World Champion
Report tobywong. October 14, 2015 6:12 PM BST
superb , delighted for the lad ( and billy) !
Report workrider October 14, 2015 7:09 PM BST
Great result, well done lads.
Report freddiek October 14, 2015 8:45 PM BST
this lad Conlan is a classy operator and not surprised to see him win the Gold. of course some lads on here will want to give Billy Walsh all the credit but tbh young Conlan is very experienced now and wouldnt need much tuition.

hope Joe Ward can make it 2 golds tomorrow.
Report tobywong. October 14, 2015 8:53 PM BST
CryCryCry
Report frank60 October 14, 2015 11:35 PM BST
Well done Michael Conlan, Michael o reilly was hard done by in his fight , great show from Billy and his lads,
Report frank60 October 15, 2015 8:29 PM BST
Gold, silver.Bronze  for our great boxers,
Report frank60 October 19, 2015 6:11 PM BST
Just days after winning gold at the World Championships, Irish boxing has been thrown in crisis with the news that head coach Billy Walsh has resigned.
Walsh, who led Ireland to Olympic, World and European gold medals, has now stepped down from his role as Head Coach of the IABA's Irish High Performance Unit and senior team,
There had been increased speculation over Walsh's future in recent weeks, but hopes remained that the coach and the IABA would be able to come to an agreement which would see him remain in the position.
"Regrettably the IABA have not made it possible for me to continue."
However a statement from Walsh today read: "Regrettably the IABA have not made it possible for me to continue on in the role as Head Coach of the High Performance Unit and senior team."
Walsh had reportedly agreed a new contract drawn up by the Irish Sporting Council, which funds Irish boxing.
However, the IABA is understood to have declined to consider that contract, instead pushing a contract of their own which was not agreeable to Walsh.
The statement explained: "Since February of this year I have been engaged in a process with the IABA to secure my future as Head Coach with the High Performance Unit and senior team.
"A protracted process that went on for eight months included numerous high level meetings that resulted in various proposals. In August a fair proposal was developed under the auspices of the Irish Sports Council (ISC) that was acceptable and fair but then not subsequently ratified by IABA.
Report workrider October 19, 2015 7:02 PM BST
Unreal,the IABA should hang their heads in shame...
Report freddiek October 20, 2015 9:37 PM BST
ah billy, ye should have stayed with yer own. The Yanks may have the big-bucks deal ready for him to sign but it wont be the same as working with the Irish lads.

as Paddy Barnes said, we have great amateur boxers in this country whether Billy is in charge or not and his shoes can be filled. there'll be no tears shed as its just business.

be gas if Billy trains a Yank and ends up in an Olympic final next year against one of our lads.
Report tobywong. October 20, 2015 11:14 PM BST
in all fairness freddie , u aint got a clue !
Report freddiek October 21, 2015 12:02 AM BST
tobywong, get behind the boys and Katie for next year in Rio. You're going on there like u want us to fail just to prove a point. Billy has taken the money and ran so its time u got over it. Hopefully his replacement does even better and coaches a male Olympic gold that billy couldnt.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 22, 2015 9:56 AM BST
Right now Billy Walsh is making sure his seat is in an upright position and the IABA are, supposedly, preparing to explain how they let him leave.

The former head of Irish boxing's hugely successful High Performance Unit is en route to Memphis for the US Olympic trials where he is expected to sign on as head coach of the American Women's Team.

Despite unprecedented pressure in recent days from the Irish Sports Council, the Irish Amateur Boxing Association have failed to explain how a new contract agreed by all parties in August was never brought before the IABA's executive council.

It is believed Wexford native Walsh, who has masterminded seven Olympic medals in his time running the HPU, was seeking more autonomy in terms of team selection, which the IABA were unwilling to cede.

Walsh's departure for the United States means he will be coaching potential competitors of Irish Olympians - including defensing champions Katie Taylor - at next summer's Rio Games.

Meanwhile the angry boxing fraternity will await the IABA's explanation with interest.

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/boxing/pictures-billy-walsh-will-soon-be-walking-in-memphis-as-us-boxing-coach-after-leaving-dublin-airport-this-morning/45411?utm_content=buffer24e7b&utm_medium=Social+organic&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer
Report freddiek October 24, 2015 9:03 PM BST
i see 100K plus for a few years wasnt good enough for Billy to sign on the dotted line.

how much does he bloody want??
Report wildmanfromborneo October 24, 2015 10:19 PM BST
All we got from the start was the Billy Walsh side.

It seems Freddiek called it right from the beginning.
Report winsamsoon October 25, 2015 12:29 PM GMT
Just read Freddies comments back and I can't see what he's called right. Money has sweet fa to do with it. You could easily multiply that 100,000 if he wanted to join one of the big pro outfits in America.
Correct or not Billy was getting the credit for everything,  and this pissed of the IABA (and Freddiek), so they said 'F Him,  let's make him run everything past us'.
To compare, it would be like asking John Delaney to pick a squad,  Martin O'Neill to pick the team and then take it back to Delaney to see if it's OK with him.
I think Billy has held himself well, an other guy would have walked months ago.
The IABA made their first statement about 2 min after the door was shut on the plane, virtually all of which has been refuted since.
It'll be at least next summer before we find out how much of a loss, if any,  he'll be, but I've a feeling there won't be too many,  Katie included, staying amatuer.
Report Racingqueen October 25, 2015 11:24 PM GMT
who honestly cares if Walsh stays or goes. Genuinely, I'd say more people worry about the price of toilet roll than this rubbish.

125k to coach a bunch of boxers more suited to carparks in westmeath is a joke. If I was IABA I'd offer him 25k and leave it at that.
Report tobywong. October 27, 2015 2:33 PM GMT
http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/boxing/the-real-story-behind-wh...
Report kavvie October 27, 2015 3:33 PM GMT
amazing story.was it the fact hes not from dublin i wonder?his face obviously doesnt fit..
Report tobywong. October 27, 2015 3:40 PM GMT
mad stuff kavvie !
Report frank60 October 27, 2015 4:12 PM GMT
Thanks for the link Toby, more sad then mad.
Report tobywong. October 27, 2015 4:13 PM GMT
nay bother frank
Report kavvie October 27, 2015 6:19 PM GMT
well looking at it from the outside every anti walsh voice seems to have a dub accent..!    why is it mad?  his face obviously doesnt fit?  if he had a dub accent it might have?..  im not being pc here but im saying what a lot are thinking...
Report Arklearkle October 27, 2015 6:27 PM GMT
You may well be right Kavie
Report winsamsoon August 10, 2016 11:58 PM BST
I was expecting an implosion but didn't think it would be this quick.
I think it was Pat Ryan, O'Rielly's club coach and IABA president, who came on the radio while  Walsh was on the flight and told told us we'd 20 guys as good as him who could do his job.
Report Racingqueen August 11, 2016 12:06 AM BST
bernand and mccullough look like they'll come to blows. Laugh

the performances have nothing to do with Billy Walsh, they've been dire and are not good enough.

One thing it confirms is tax payers money shouldn't be wasted on this joke event
Report winsamsoon August 11, 2016 12:30 AM BST
That was Carruth, his brother Fergal had plenty of say in Walsh leaving so he wasn't going to say much.

The performances have everything to do with Billy Walsh, Ward was after winning silver as a 21 year old at the World Championships just before he left. What other reason can you think off that he's not performing now. O'Rielly was after winning bronze, looks like he knew his performances were dropping? Katie was unbeaten for as long as I can remember before that.

Meanwhile over in the US...
Report Arklearkle August 11, 2016 12:05 PM BST
There is a lot more to coaching than what goes on in the corner during a fight
Report mitch leary August 11, 2016 1:13 PM BST
boxer wins first medal for 8 years for usa
Coached by billy
Report Racingqueen August 11, 2016 5:15 PM BST
sorry got names mixed up knew it was carruth Laugh
Report Vubiant August 11, 2016 7:45 PM BST
freddiek  gone ominously quiet....possibly shell-shocked Shocked...
or maybe even punch-drunk!Laugh
Report kavvie August 12, 2016 11:21 AM BST
i think its pretty obvious whats after happening,,its fine having good assistants etc and they can bask in the glory..but when the main man leaves the stage it all goes wrong..the lad who said there 20 billy walshes around the country might be reconsidering that statement now id think?
Report Racingqueen August 15, 2016 3:24 PM BST
Hope Katie took out some insurance off its4women for an early flight home

I'm sure some hack will try to blame Michael O'Reilly for her defeat Laugh
Report Racingqueen August 15, 2016 3:36 PM BST
Cantwell now bringing up O'Reilly Laugh 1.01 landed
Report RoyalAcademy August 15, 2016 3:44 PM BST
"My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
Report winsamsoon August 15, 2016 4:14 PM BST
Katie fecked up bigtime not going pro after London. She is fighting the same low grade amatuer fighters every second day of the week and getting paid peanuts. Compare her to someone like Cecilia Breakhus who fights about twice a year in sold out stadiums against the best in the world and is surely a millionaire.
Report frank60 August 15, 2016 7:07 PM BST
I was Gobsmacked when one  judge gave the 3rd to the Finn, the Irish coach was very unhappy with the judges, having said that it seems that the Katie is not the great fighter she once was, Thanks for the memories Katie.
Report Racingqueen August 15, 2016 7:35 PM BST
Irish coach John Conlon claimed on Irish radio yesterday that O'Reilly went missing for eight weeks prior to the games and they only met him at the airport. IABA and Bernard Dunne on RTE stated today that was incorrect and he was there.

High Performance? when the coach doesnt even know his ar5e from his elbow. The scapegoating of O'Reilly is comical....Talk about digging a hole for themselves

http://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/2016/0815/809470-iaba/
Report Kelly August 15, 2016 10:46 PM BST
Dont know any of the ins and outs of the boxing scene , but Walsh leaving has obviously resulted in some pretty poor performances from some once impregnable boxers .  Hardly a coincidence .  And apparently he has had a positive impact on the Yanks under his care .

Sounds like a big own goal for our boxing fraternity  , who traditionally have been among our best medal / performance producers .
Report frank60 August 15, 2016 11:28 PM BST
With irish boxers loseing on 4 split decisions it seem that  U.S. coach Billy Walsh questioned the judging after his lightweight Mikaela Mayer lost her quarter-final on points to Russian Anastasia Beliakova at the Rio Games on Monday.

"To be honest, I've just had a look at the judging. It was crazy," Walsh told reporters. "Are they looking at the same bloody fight or what?

"Her performance was excellent, she gave everything she had ... I thought she did enough to win it."
Report Vubiant August 16, 2016 12:57 AM BST
Delighted Taylor is out of it and hopefully she will slip off the media radar. Frankly the idea of women boxing disgusts me.
I can see that there is some point to men getting rid of some of their natural aggression in the controlled environment of the ring but I think women pasting the head off each other is distasteful in the extreme. There are dozens of sports that women participate  in now that offer a more suitable challenge to those of a  competitive bent.
Report Kelly August 16, 2016 2:30 AM BST
Cant say I am a fan of women boxing , or participating in some other sports where aggression is the key element .
Report jumper August 16, 2016 9:08 AM BST
Same as in London, the boxing results are beginning to look a bit bent. Check out the Tishchenko bout last night.
Report RoyalAcademy August 16, 2016 10:14 AM BST
The good days for Irish amatuer boxing could be coming to an end. From what I hear he was happy to stay and had agreed a deal but the IABA basically renaged on their side just before the contract was to be signed.
One good thing that might come from this is Katie turning pro after the Olympics and finally fighting some world class fighters instead of the same few girls all the time.

sam's opening post is looking prescient but his remark about Taylor is way off the mark. I'm with Vubiant: in a ruthless sport where the objective is to beat the living daylights out of each and every opponent finding consolation in the Book of Psalms strikes me as weird in the extreme. Not to mention the previously unsettling sight of a virtual 30yo woman and her father leering in the background. Taylor would have won an Olympic medal for one fight against a 35yo "girl"; it's taken the world's best-ever sprinting cyclist - Cavendish - a lifetime to reach the Holy Grail.
Report wildmanfromborneo August 16, 2016 12:01 PM BST
There in a nutshell is classic liberal bigotry.
There is real hatred.

Its an enlightened hatred as its target is allowed no defence.
Report RoyalAcademy August 16, 2016 12:33 PM BST
pot...kettle...black (or Muslim)
Report winsamsoon August 16, 2016 12:34 PM BST
My point about Taylor was if she would have turned pro she'd have made more in one fight than she's made in the 4 years since. If two women want to get into a ring a fight then let them off would be my opinion. I might have agreed with you,RA a few years ago but after watching some of the women in UFC, womens boxing is only chidsplay. You are correct that no-one, male or female should be getting a medal for winning one fight. They're on about increasing the divisions from 3 to 6 for next olympics which sounds crazy considering they can't get 32 good enough for each of the divisions they have now.
According to unconfirmed rumours it was her sparring partners the father was leering over.
Report Racingqueen August 16, 2016 12:40 PM BST
The Tishchenko fight was incredible. Daylight robbery of the highest or
Report winsamsoon August 16, 2016 12:41 PM BST
Only Mick Conlon can save the day now, I wasn't looking at the betting before today so not sure if he's drifted or not but 5/2 for the World Champion to win gold looks like a good bet to me. I'd say after the last few decisions he'll be doing everything to take it out of the judges hands today and in the rest of his fights and he has the talent to do it
Report wildmanfromborneo August 16, 2016 12:54 PM BST
RoyalAcademy can't conceal his hate for Katie Taylor,he tries to imply some incestuous relationship with her father.
He hates her because she's religious.

If Katie Taylor had a prayer mat with her for each fight he would be lauding her.
Report RoyalAcademy August 16, 2016 1:12 PM BST
I hate no man or woman wildman nor race or creed for that matter. I liken the Taylor familial arrangement - seems to have ended in tears as one might have predicted - to the suited and booted O'Brien clan whether parading in the Rosegreen church or on the Curragh turf. It's weird in my book and resembles those "B" Movie cloning yarns.

I dislike mixing the personal with the public and I detest the apotheosis of this woman in the media. Her sport is a farce - not her fault - but spare me the hagiographies.

You're of the school of "mention something enough and it will stick" but you and I usually argue to a stalemate: anyone who professes to be a fan of the "respectable" extremists in Europe and the world today will make my blood boil but, nonetheless, I feel the need to call you out on these matters.
Report neill d August 16, 2016 1:13 PM BST
Was talking to someone about this who reckoned that the Boxing is of a higher standard than 2012. He said the Cubans in particular are very good this time.

Watching Katie, it seems like her reflexes have dimmed a bit(understandable at 30) and it exposed a small flaw in her defensive technnique. She'll need to have a tighter guard going forward rather than relying on reflexes, but the downside of a tighter guard is that sometimes it can make the jab you're going to throw more visible to the opponent than throwing it from a slightly lower point.
Report Racingqueen August 16, 2016 1:14 PM BST
The Tishchenko fight was incredible. Daylight robbery of the highest order. As bad as Roy Jones fight in Seoul in 88

He was 10 seconds from knocking the Russian out in the 3rd and absolutely destroyed him and the judges gave The Russian the round.

An Irish Judge was involved too. Hope the Irish media pick up on it. Doubt it though
Report RoyalAcademy August 16, 2016 1:15 PM BST
neill, she lost against a woman 5 years older than her whom she had beaten 5 times in the past.
Report neill d August 16, 2016 1:16 PM BST
They don't get points for knockdowns or the real effectiveness (hurtfulness) of shots in the amateurs I don't think. One of the real dodgy points of the thing. All they score is whether you landed or not. It's silly.
Report neill d August 16, 2016 1:18 PM BST
I'm not a big amateur fight fan Royal, but I saw her getting her head snapped back with the jab a few times, something which she would have avoided before but her movements weren't as quick. She seems to have declined a fair bit and is now susceptible to that kind of rangy fighter. No expert though.
Report neill d August 16, 2016 1:25 PM BST
I would agree her achievements are overblown. There is definitely a certain stiltedness about her, but she seems like a very good person all the same. If she finds strength in her religion, good luck to her.
Report RoyalAcademy August 16, 2016 1:31 PM BST
I agree she has charm and nature neill but, please, keep the mumbo jumbo to yourself. Calling upon God to help you box someone into submission is no different than god-fearing, gun-toting rednecks in the GOP or murderers in Islam beheading an apostate; it's all voodoo.
Report neill d August 16, 2016 1:35 PM BST
Can see where you're coming from alright. McGregor said something similar recently re the poor Portuguese man that was killed in Dublin, dress it up any way you like, it's a fight.
Report Racingqueen August 16, 2016 3:11 PM BST
Its pretty laughable that 1 fight would have won her a medal
Report Racingqueen August 16, 2016 3:34 PM BST
Going on the judging bias towards Russia, I suspect Conlon may come a cropper today. The russian was lucky to win last time
Report winsamsoon August 16, 2016 3:38 PM BST
Conlon all over him, no way can they not give him this round anyway
Report winsamsoon August 16, 2016 3:39 PM BST
Holy sh1t
Report Racingqueen August 16, 2016 3:39 PM BST
jesus wept Russian gets 1st round
Report winsamsoon August 16, 2016 3:43 PM BST
even more dominent in this one, surely they can't??
Report Racingqueen August 16, 2016 3:45 PM BST
If they gave the Russian that round, they should pack up and go home. The dept of sport simply couldn't justify funding amateur boxing if this was the end product
Report Racingqueen August 16, 2016 3:48 PM BST
A F**KING DISGRACE
Report workrider August 16, 2016 3:51 PM BST
Thats disgraceful ,no more to be said , time they wrapped the those games up . Someone is BUYING medals...
Report winsamsoon August 16, 2016 3:52 PM BST
That was as bad as last nights, won the first, hammered him in the 2nd and won the 3rd even if it was closer.
Report Racingqueen August 16, 2016 3:53 PM BST
The whole Olympic movement makes FIFA look like Medicin sans frontier.

The fact they named The Olympic stadium after Joao Havelange (Blatters Mentor) sums the joke up.

Drugs, Corruption, bent judging....

No justification for public money to be wasted on this dirt anymore
Report winsamsoon August 16, 2016 3:53 PM BST
If they're buying them, then the Irish judge from last night needs to be called out
Report Racingqueen August 16, 2016 3:55 PM BST
Fair play to Conlon for being honest
Report Racingqueen August 16, 2016 3:56 PM BST
Irish media need to question the irish judge from last night
Report workrider August 16, 2016 3:59 PM BST
I really felt for him, he called it as he saw it , he was robbed and the world and his wife saw it.Didn't see last nights fight be if the Irish judge needs calling out so be it...
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y August 16, 2016 4:01 PM BST
Are people surprised?

Floyd Mayweather, even Roy Jones Jnr, this has been happening forever at Olympics
Report Racingqueen August 16, 2016 4:02 PM BST
workrider, last nights was as bad if not worse. He floored the Russian in the 3rd. Russian was legless. He absolutely destroyed him.
Report workrider August 16, 2016 4:07 PM BST
Yes Racinggueen , just listening to the lads on rte, they agree with you , shamefull this type of thing is going on..
Report GLASGOWCALLING August 16, 2016 4:55 PM BST
https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/765564234046537728

conlans interview after fight !!!

paddy paying out on conlan.
Report frank60 August 16, 2016 4:58 PM BST
Interesting to note that last night heavyweight fight and Conlon fight  both went to russians a nation who should not been allowed to take part in the 1st place .
Report workrider August 16, 2016 5:15 PM BST
Petrodollars doing the talking would you say Frank ?
Report frank60 August 16, 2016 5:28 PM BST
Could well be W/R, I didn,t think i would spead the late evening looking at Sailing a sport i know notning about, GO Annalise MurphyExcited
Report workrider August 16, 2016 5:33 PM BST
Nither could I tbh, but well done girl,Silver medal...
Report winsamsoon August 16, 2016 7:08 PM BST
winsamsoon • August 16, 2016 12:41 PM BST
Only Mick Conlon can save the day now, I wasn't looking at the betting before today so not sure if he's drifted or not but 5/2 for the World Champion to win gold looks like a good bet to me. I'd say after the last few decisions he'll be doing everything to take it out of the judges hands today and in the rest of his fights and he has the talent to do it

B*yles claiming to be paying out this, lying b@stards. Not often I'd give credit to PP or Lads but I'm sorry I didn't visit one of them today instead of the other frauds.
Report workrider August 16, 2016 7:36 PM BST
Winsam,how did they price the fight ? fact he was beat means they can't pay him out as Oly champ though..
Report winsamsoon August 16, 2016 7:43 PM BST
Think it was around 1/5, 4/1. Didn't expect to get paid til the tweeted that they were. Sly Tweet though "COME & COLLECT!
We're paying out on @mickconlan11 as the DESERVED WINNER. Both to win the fight AND to win a medal at #RIO2016 #JUSTICE #IRL"
PP and Lads both paid out on winning gold
Report workrider August 16, 2016 7:46 PM BST
Wow thats some gesture from pp and baddies . Pity about the other lot ,hard luck mate .
Report winsamsoon August 16, 2016 7:53 PM BST
In fairness to them it was, I'd say it didn't cost Byles a ton despite them claiming the same. Doubt there were to many taking 1/5 on a boxer to win a match after the week that's gone
Report workrider August 16, 2016 8:05 PM BST
I'd say you're right there, to many dodgy results in the boxing to be taking big odds .
Report tobywong. August 17, 2016 1:27 AM BST
conlan 4/7 for medal but 3rd in betting for gold behind stevenson and robieres , his opponent today beat him post london as he stepped up in weight , robbed today without doubt , as heavyweight last night , also yank lady yesterday and all russians to get decisions , roy jones jnr 88 , even egan was close in china 20 years later but fkd scoring wise , conlon might make a few quid pro going forwrd , im twisted good night
Report frank60 August 17, 2016 4:28 PM BST
Olympic boxing's governing body AIBA has announced that it has expelled a "handful" of referees and judges involved in controversial decisions during the Rio Games.

The boxing tournament at Riocentro has been blighted by a number of contentious decisions in recent days, chiefly defeats for Irish bantamweight Michael Conlan and Kazakh heavyweight Vassiliy Levit.

However, AIBA said there was no possibility of overturning the results of any of the bouts concerned.

AIBA's statement read: "Following recent judging decisions and after carrying out a thorough examination by the relevant commission, AIBA has decided to take immediate and appropriate actions.  A bit late for some of the irish fightersSad
Report workrider August 17, 2016 5:24 PM BST
At least those involved in that debacle will have got their comeuppence ,I'd loved to see a few bank statements after the games have finished...
Report Kelly August 17, 2016 6:23 PM BST
Talking to a friend today re Olympic boxing .  This friend is a big boxing punter , but has not had a bet on any amateur boxing match for years . That sums it up I reckon .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com