Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Rocketfingers
06 Mar 15 15:10
| Topic/replies: 9,152 | Blogger: Rocketfingers's blog
Could be a decent league this season with a number of sides in the running for the title. Johnny Ward in the RP tips up both Rovers to win it, can't argue with his selections in terms of what is probably value.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 153
By:
punkha1
When: 06 Mar 15 15:59
Couldn't agree with those picks Sligo have very little chance imo and SR underpriced as usual.
To me only 4 teams have a chance and considering we're getting 3 places Cork E/W @ 5/1 looks a good wager to me if I were a neutral.
They rode their luck a bit last year but with a young squad & the addition of Bennett & Miller hard to see them not been in the mix.
Think we(Dundalk) will be close to retaining just the lack of a replacement for Pat Hoban might catch up with us though Finn is a great signing fancy him to have a big season.

At 6/1 the double gonna have a wee punt on Rovers/Pats Draw & Dundalk -1 hopefully a wee Cheltenham bank boost!
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 06 Mar 15 16:18
C'mon Cabinteely Grin
By:
workrider
When: 06 Mar 15 16:25
Doubt we will win it , Dundalk still the team to beat ..If we are still there with 6 games to go I'd be happy..Looking forward to tonights game immensely ....
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 06 Mar 15 17:09
I think very little between Shamrock Rovs and the Dundalk & Pats, 20/1 on us EW is a decent shout as well. I don't fancy Dundalk given who that i don't believe they have replaced Hoban and i think they may struggle in big handicap games to cover, Cork are the overrated side imo, think they have signed names, Pats look a bit weaker but not much in it.
By:
frank60
When: 06 Mar 15 17:15
A small bet on the Saints to beat THE hoops tonight 2-1, good luck with your teams lads .
By:
frank60
When: 06 Mar 15 18:59
Galway fans will get to see  President Michael D. Higgins at there game v Derry,.. Like soccer does  Michael D.
By:
applehunter
When: 06 Mar 15 19:13
Very hard to call. Rovers, Dundalk & Pats all look very strong. Sligo look next best but their squad lacks depth.

Hoping we (Cork City) can get in the mix. Gearoid Morrissey is a huge loss so Liam Miller & Gavin Holohan will have a tough job to replace his impact.

Good to be back.
By:
kiddo112
When: 06 Mar 15 20:42
Strong wind in Tallaght  making it difficult. Pats have wind at their backs in 2nd half, so 8/11 on them to get the next  but one corner looks good to me. Also small bet on Pats to win race to 5 corners @15/4 (currently 1-3).
By:
kiddo112
When: 06 Mar 15 21:51
Finished 3-3, most of the game in Shams half 2nd half but Pats never got to grips with conditions. Modest profit overall
By:
huddys
When: 06 Mar 15 22:29
Great win for us tonight against pats in terrible windy conditions,North looked good for us tonight and scored a great goal,
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 06 Mar 15 22:31
'So far we have had, Flames, Flares, a goal, a good crowd but all have been outdone by the announcement of a bike locked to the main gate'.

Move your bike PF.
By:
applehunter
When: 06 Mar 15 23:20
Awful conditions in Tallaght.

1st half was actually but Pats got it all wrong 2nd half. Did not get the ball in the box from umpteen good positions and inexplicidly Clarke & McGuiness pumped long ball after long ball into Hylands hands all 2nd half.

Ger Canning's lack of knowledge and patronizing tone is a bad combination.
By:
workrider
When: 07 Mar 15 17:19
Happy with the result , horrible windblown game ,they did well to hold out in the end considering the conditions ...Although we were missing up to 6 players it was hard not to be impressed with work ethic ,everyone played their part ...Plenty more to work on and if staying the pace we could be up there at the end..Still a long way to go...
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 07 Mar 15 21:00
Top the League, say we are ...... Cool
By:
workrider
When: 08 Mar 15 11:38
SOf , enjoy your fleeting moment of success ...Laugh
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 08 Mar 15 23:54
Laugh
By:
workrider
When: 14 Mar 15 16:42
Fancy us to win at Longford tonight , we showed a good attitude last week and will have to much firepower for our hosts ...Hate the drive up though ....
By:
slickster
When: 14 Mar 15 20:48
A thickly veiled "I am going to the game" by the forum goose. Attention seeking again by this infant.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 14 Mar 15 22:23
Laugh

Sounds like they won well enough tonight to be fair.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 14 Mar 15 22:25
One is left to wonder if he travelled showered or un-showered.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 14 Mar 15 22:34
I think another few wins and it will be time for huddys to start back supporting them again.
By:
workrider
When: 15 Mar 15 00:13
Slickster heading in the right direction lads , was able to put 2 and 2 together and make 4 ..The lads showing promise...Ozy personal hygiene one of my musts ...Unlike yourself ,I can wash and shower by myself  ...Cool......
Another fine result for us , we are a work in progress a little like Slickster ...If we continue in this vein we could have a say in where the title ends up....
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 16 Mar 15 23:56
Table still looking good workrider! Grin
By:
workrider
When: 17 Mar 15 00:05
Wait till next week SOF ....Cool
By:
applehunter
When: 17 Mar 15 09:55
This having the manager in the studio on Soccer Republic is not working.

Again too much talk and not enough football this season.
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 17 Mar 15 10:07
Bring it on workrider my friend! Laugh
By:
workrider
When: 20 Mar 15 14:53
It could be a tough test for us tonight , Cork have steamrolled us the last couple of times we've met , pushed us aside like kids ...Hopefully we are better equiped this season ..Our midfield looks really strong and playing some excellent football as well ...Fenlon has set a belief into them that was lacking most of last season ...If we win tonight whos to say we won't be involved at the seasons end...Early days I know but lots to look forward too...
By:
punkha1
When: 20 Mar 15 18:03
Poor form that neither the Dlk/Pats or Rvs/Cork match is on RTE tonight maybe George Hamilton needed a few days off after the other night. Laugh
All 3 draws tonight is a 36/1 treble worth a tenner of anybodys money that,pretty tight matches to call imo.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 20 Mar 15 19:52
Thru 50 at 31.74 to see if your right punk
By:
frank60
When: 20 Mar 15 20:11
cORK TO WIN 2-1 16.5 HERE,.. AND ST PATS TO BEAT DUNDALK 2-1 15/1  A SMALL WAGER ON BOTH,  SRY ABOUT THAT W/R
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 20 Mar 15 21:46
any scores ?
By:
frank60
When: 20 Mar 15 22:25
Pats had 2 men sent off 44mins and 61mins, looks good for dundalk
By:
workrider
When: 20 Mar 15 23:33
Cork were a disgrace tonight , 10 men behind the ball most of the night , hardly tried to score ,all thats wrong with LOI was evident from them tonight ...We deserved to win and with North returning we should be scoring and winning again , another clean sheet...
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 20 Mar 15 23:37
Done the same to us WR, hard to see that tactic winning them the league. Horrible, dull side.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 20 Mar 15 23:45
ANY OTHER RESULTS please

CCFC [0] V [0] Shamrock Rvrs FT
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 20 Mar 15 23:48
https://vimeo.com/122016196

Stephanie Roche does it again !
By:
huddys
When: 21 Mar 15 00:23
Agree with what workrider said cork came for a draw,have to be happy enough with our start tho,
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 21 Mar 15 01:09
no good punk
By:
punkha1
When: 21 Mar 15 03:07
No Catchme,I wouldn't have been going mad but was worth a shot at the price.

Pats having 2 players sent off killed that match.I was at it and think Dundalk would have won regardless but McCormack & Brennan completely ruined the game as a spectacle.Two very stupid actions by both players to get their marching orders.

Rovers v Cork sounded poor by all accounts don't think there was hardly a shot at goal.

Hard to believe Drogheda couldn't score playing against 10 man Galway for an entire half after scoring 3 against Sligo last week.

Probably kiss of death but fancy treble tomorrow of Sligo,Bohs & BTTS Limerick v Longford.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com