Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pa lapsy
07 Jan 15 13:27
| Topic/replies: 12,634 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
Unacceptable.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 213
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 13:29
and people still wonder why betfair censor these pages.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 13:35
Magazine Charlie Hebdo has become a byword for offensive statements in France after taking several highly provocative swipes at Islam.

The magazine once named Prophet Mohammed as its guest editor, published cartoons of the holy figure in the nude, and once renamed itself Sharia Hebdo with the cover slogan '100 lashes if you don't die of laughter'.

The controversy began in 2006 when the publication reprinted now-infamous cartoons of Prophet Mohammed by Danish artist Kurt Westergaard.

When the images originally appeared they lead to days of protests across the Middle East and in Western cities. The decision to reprint the images landed the then-editor in court under anti-terror laws, though he was later acquitted.

The Hebdo offices were burned to the ground in 2011 when attackers used Molotov cocktails to start a blaze early in the morning of November 2.

There was nobody in the building at the time, and the target was instead thought to be the magazine's computer system, which was completely destroyed.

Riot police were forced to stand guard outside the building for days following the attack, as the editors took a defiant stance, choosing to reprint the cartoon images multiple times.

In 2012 they again printed cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed as a deliberately provocative gesture while violent protests were taking place across the Middle East.

The following year the magazine's office again had to be surrounded by riot officers after they published a cartoon booklet depicting the Prohpet naked as a baby and being pushed in a wheelchair.

On the final page of the booklet there was a note from the editor, Stephane Charbonnier, saying the images were 'halal' because Muslims had worked on them, and that they were factually accurate as they had been derived from descriptions in the Koran.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 07 Jan 15 13:46
They have reportedly shouted during the slaughter "We have avenged the prophet".
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 07 Jan 15 14:03
Je Suis Charlie !
By:
pa lapsy
When: 07 Jan 15 14:12
The cold blooded murder of the policeman who was badly wounded and then shot from close range in the head was particulary gruesome(RIP). He had nothing to do with the publication.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 07 Jan 15 14:14
You just knew Ozymandius would blame the magazine.

You should all know by now that the religion of peace reaction is always violent,its how they have kowtowed Europe.
Pym Fonteyn murdered on the streets of Amsterdam for being a politician who wanted to restrict immigration.
Theo Van Gogh another murdered on the streets of Amsterdam for making a film.

Lee Rigby butchered on the streets of London for being a soldier.

By constantly giving in to these barbarians you are giving them succour,convincing them violence works.

France has always been craven and cowardly,useless army,useless police force so naturally the murderers have evaded capture so far.
By:
frank60
When: 07 Jan 15 14:20
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 14:23
I am not blaming the magazine, I am merely giving context to the story.

The reaction of my Islamic friends is one of shock and embarrassment. I can empathise, as an Irish man who lived in London during some of of the Troubles.  There were times, in the immediate aftermath of London atrocities, when you couldn't face your colleagues.  The only solace was that the intelligent ones would differentiate between you and the scum responsible.  And so must we, today.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 07 Jan 15 14:24
All will see the intolerant liberal effort to have this discussion spiked.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 07 Jan 15 14:30
Moderate Muslim is an oxymoron.

The only moderate Muslims are lapsed ones.
Any desultory study of Islam will show you a religion who wants to kill all non believers.

It has always amazed me that the liberals who hate God and religion have this soft spot for Islam.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 07 Jan 15 14:30
Indeed, lets pretend it never happened. Your attempt to defend this slaughter was sickening,you neglect to say the magazine had satirical views on almost every other subject.
Why should this thread be censored?
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 07 Jan 15 14:38
Liberals are so full of self loathing they cannot bear anyone condemning the religion of peace.

These people despise their own history and culture and naturally promote other inferior cultures.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 14:41
Pa, stop taking jibberish...I never defended this action, it is indefensible.

Who suggested this thread should be censored; no one, to my knowledge.

It is up to Betfair to accept or deny content on their platform.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 14:46
Whether you label them 'lapsed' or 'moderate', the simple fact is that this is nothing to do with the vast vast majority of honest, decent, Muslims and they are hugely shamed and embarrassed by it. They must do more to communicate this to the world.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 07 Jan 15 14:49
You suggested it with your first response,followed it up with craven appeasement.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 07 Jan 15 14:50
You did try and defend it,"taking several highly provocative swipes at islam", 13.35, you are in fact saying with that the publication has something to answer(no mention of its other satirical views)
"And people still wonder why betfair censor these pages" 13.29, the answer to that is you.
You are right,it is indefensible and a marked change of stance from you now.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 07 Jan 15 14:56
Why are you backtracking now?
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 14:59
My first response was not directed at this thread but rather posts on a similar subject that Betfair have chosen to censor in the past.  We could be looking at Betfair Towers today on the news, if not for their better judgement on forum content.

What you describe as 'appeasment', is 100% factual background to today's events.  We know you are allergic to any usage of fact, that might explain your displeasure at what is mere background.  Noting more.  Any interpretation of said facts is the readers and theirs alone.

I wont be posting again on this thread in order to avoid a predictable, repeditive, circular debate.  Our positions are well established at this stage.

RIP to today's victims.  Let us not become a Monster in order to defeat a Monster.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 07 Jan 15 15:01
No wonder you aren't posting on this thread again, you wanted the thread taken down and blamed the publication for being at fault,simple as that.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 15:02
you are in fact saying with that the publication has something to answer

No Pa, that is your false interpetation of what you have read.  Which is merely a copy and paste job of background on the story.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 15:05
Why would I want this thread taken down Pa?
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 15:06
And that really is my last post on this thread!
By:
frank60
When: 07 Jan 15 15:07
I was looking at the link on youtube[interview with Magazine Charlie Hebdo]  to get some understanding of todays horror story,make of it what you will.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZD3hcS_Sec
By:
pa lapsy
When: 07 Jan 15 15:07
It was an attempt to give an islamic side of the story by yourself.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 15:13
Its factual, comes from the cover of the Daily MAil and is not pro or biased in any way that you have suggested.

Just goes to show what a paranoid radar can interpret!
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 15:14
* reader
By:
pa lapsy
When: 07 Jan 15 15:20
Jibberish,paranoia,i really don't care,very predictable actually. The posts are all there and up to anyone to interpret them.
By:
The Gotchee
When: 07 Jan 15 16:01
Good man Ozy, how many last posts are you going to give on this thread?
You have resorted to an all time low with your comments today.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 07 Jan 15 16:04
slickster
Unblock 

itcanbedone
itcanbedone
Unblock 

jimeen
jimeen
Unblock 

thegalwayman
thegalwayman
Unblock 

donegal publican
donegal publican
Unblock 

robo
robo
Unblock 

paulie wallnuts
paulie wallnuts
Unblock 

Rocketfingers
Rocketfingers
Unblock 

Ozymandius
Ozymandius
Unblock 

kingrat
kingrat

IS THE WAY TO GO !
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 07 Jan 15 16:26
I have a feeling the  Ozymandius threat will work.

The spread is 5.30.
By:
workrider
When: 07 Jan 15 16:35
R.I.P.. This just might be the straw that broke the camels back , we just cant keep saying , its the lunatic fringe time after time , lets ask ourselves the question ...In every attack that has taken place on members of western people in their own own countries , or the recent murder of all those children ,have the Islamic centre of Ireland  EVER  made any attempt to even question the reason these  crimes against humanity were commited  in the name of ISLAM ...Has it ever issued a apoligie to those hurt  by these brutal crimes , the answer of course is a resounding NO .. The its the lunatics who are doing it is beginning to ring hollow...
By:
pa lapsy
When: 07 Jan 15 17:08
Interesting post by Burton-Brewers at 16.23 on Chit Chat forum thread.
It would be a shame if the barbaric atrocity that happened today was, despite being asked for, "censored"
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 07 Jan 15 18:02
Workrider they have below.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/irish-muslims-condemn-actions-of-islamic-state-1.1904142

Also they have been condemned in the UK by the British muslim council or something like it.

RIP to those who died today and shame on those who are trying to get a rise of this barbaric act, Pa and Borneo looking right at you lads. Not sure what will happen but really can't continue like it's going as can only see it getting worse.
By:
Send.in.the.clowns
When: 07 Jan 15 18:04
Still not caught, are they after them on push bikes ffs
By:
RoyalAcademy
When: 07 Jan 15 18:06
If keeping up to date on current affairs and generally being "well read" and informed teaches you anything it's that any generation is fortunate if "man's inhumanity to man" is not visited upon them like plague and pestilence.

Arguably, Ireland (in the 26 counties sense) has been most fortunate whereby recent generations have worried about economics, the Brits and the pursuit of Mammon rather than the myriad of wars and slaughters that routinely affect hundreds of millions-if not billions-of people every day. Its probably worse than ever, possibly encroaching ever closer and thanks to our own pursuit of economic goals its a toss-up if nuclear armageddon, climate change, some uncurable virus or the next and final world war will annihilate us all.

It seems we are inherently evil and the floodgate is always on its last spring.
By:
reb
When: 07 Jan 15 19:33
I know where you're coming from R.A., and there are lots of unscrupulous, evil people in the World but, as Edmund Burke once said, "the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".
By:
Ozymandius
When: 07 Jan 15 19:46
what should we do, reb?
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 07 Jan 15 19:53
wonky.....ffs stay off threads like this.....an inter cert would be a minimum requirement for participation.....
By:
reb
When: 07 Jan 15 19:58
Oz, my comment was a general one in relation to R.A.'s post re human nature. You should say and do what you think is right; be true to yourself.
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com