Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
10 Dec 14 19:11
| Topic/replies: 31,736 | Blogger: workrider's blog
I propose to play santa this xmas , joking of course ,seriously though the amount of good punters on here warrants a little gesture of kindness ..I would be interested in putting up a prize over the holiday period , the drawback is the winner will have to give their winnings to a charity of his choice ,it would be nice to bring a little kindness to someone who we feel needs it more than ourselves ..I am very busy like a lot of others at this time of year and wouldn't have a lot of time to do the maths ..So would be much obliged if someone took up the mantle and gathered all the relevant info and put it into line ..It'll be a short comp , just leopardstown and Limerick , ten points for a winner  with five points for 2nd  and two for third ...prize will be 100e  to the winner and 50e for the 2nd ..If anyone is interested in running this please let me know asap ..thanks ..

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 115
By:
kingrat
When: 10 Dec 14 22:30
this thread is a "look at me ,aren,t i the dog's bollix!"LaughLaughLaugh
By:
J.R.Hartley
When: 10 Dec 14 23:22
I hope this comp is only for the guessers among us Workrider.....hardly fair to let pro's like Easygold and Paulie take part imo.
Although as it's for charity and taking into account the time of year it might be seen as a touch churlish to

exclude them I suppose......Maybe a handicap system might be in order?
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Dec 14 11:15
I'll start off with these...(canadains, accums with a few golfers)
12.30 WAR. Chatez
1.00 WAR Gone Too Far
2.00 WAR. Atlantic Gold
2.10 TAU. The Skyfarmer
By:
Monte Christo
When: 11 Dec 14 11:22
I'll settle the competition workrider if you wish.

Sure it'll be a bit of fun over Christmas as well.Happy
By:
tony57
When: 11 Dec 14 12:12
very kind of you monte,
By:
norn iron
When: 11 Dec 14 12:40
FAIR PLAY  WR NO DOUBT YOU GET USUAL STICK  BUT NICE GESTURE

MONTE CRISTO    O`MAONLAI   1PM WARWICK 5 LTHS BEHING THE TULLOW TANK  MUST HAVE GREAT CHANCE  = NAP EW 

TOP GAMBLE JUST PIPPED BY O`FAOLOINS BOY  = REV4CAST
By:
workrider
When: 11 Dec 14 12:53
Thanks Monte , would be obliged ,it starts on the first day of the xmas fest and ends last day of Leop ....Monte I was thinking of a nap a day to make it simple , but some might like to have a go at the full card ,I 'll leave it up to you to decide ,whatever is handiest for you ...
By:
norn iron
When: 11 Dec 14 13:12
SHOCKING RUN      OMAONLAI 

WR   AS YOU SAY WHATEVER MONTE DECIDES  THINK WITH FANTASTIC RACING AT LEOPS BE GOOD HAVE AT LEAST 4 BEST BETS AS BE LOTS KEEN TAKE YOUR 150  FOR THERE CHARITY OF CHOICE   

IVE MY CHARITY WINNINGS PICKED Devil
By:
workrider
When: 11 Dec 14 13:17
Hey what about that score you owe me  ?  Laugh
By:
norn iron
When: 11 Dec 14 13:22
I PUT IT ON OMAONLAIDevil

I MIGHT DOUBLE OR QUITS YOU IN COMP Grin
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 11 Dec 14 13:36
Need Hobbs/Johnson with The Skyfarmer for part two
By:
Monte Christo
When: 11 Dec 14 13:43
Workrider

What if everyone has € 100 each day to use as follows :

€ 60 (NAP)
€ 20 (NB)
€ 10 (E/W)

The winner will be the person showing the most profit at the end of the Christmas festival.
By:
frank60
When: 11 Dec 14 14:04
NICE to hear from you M.C...W/R YOU HAVE A TOP MAN LOOKING THE competition  FOR YOU ,well done both
By:
tony57
When: 11 Dec 14 15:09
m/c the festival is over 5 days is it not?
By:
BJG
When: 11 Dec 14 15:55
Nt much point havin a comp if sps dont matter imvho
By:
workrider
When: 11 Dec 14 19:12
No problem Monte , whatever suits you is what matters , remember its you who'll be doing the work afterall ,Bjg , please  don't let argue over little things , Monte will sort it all out I'm sure ..Before we start ,under no circumstances will a entry be taken from Kingrat . I would not be sure ANY CHARITY would receive its prize if by chance this fellow won...
By:
kingrat
When: 11 Dec 14 19:40
roll up, roll up!

the "big fellah" is donating a ton fifty!

big deal at dodge city!
By:
tony57
When: 11 Dec 14 19:46
get off from this thread, proper people will enjoy a laugh and some competition all in a good cause..you bring badness wherever you post..fuuckoff..give us some peace.
By:
kavvie
When: 11 Dec 14 19:48
well said tony..i thought he was gone.. sadly not
By:
slickster
When: 11 Dec 14 21:52
An absolutely hilarious thread started, surprise surprise, by the forum idiot wonky. He "starts" it, but wants someone else to continue it!!! He "wouldn't have a lot of time to do the maths". More like he can't DO the maths! Anyway, he did state the comp was to be run over Leopardstown and Limerick. Fair enough. Then some fool gets on putting up today's selections!!!!! Unbelievable! Even worse, one of wonky's reliables thinks Leopardstown and Limerick are run over 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, where do you get them from? Listen up wonks, this comp hasn't even got outta first gear! I will donate 100 euro to any charity to stop this charade. Over to you wonky...............
By:
elvissss
When: 11 Dec 14 22:06
BJG makes a fair point wr - easier and quicker on  Monte if its sp

Not fair to have him spend xmas trawling back through morning prices

Up to him anyway if he's settling imo

PS: My charity is Sham Rovers btw - I'll give em my wooden spoon
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 11 Dec 14 22:22
A nice touch from a gentleman.

I see the obsessed Slickster is on here insulting as many posters as he can and contributing nothing.
Over 12 years on here and his sole contributions are a few spelling corrections and a slavish unhealthy interest in Workrider.
By:
slickster
When: 11 Dec 14 22:25
And an offer of donating 100 euro to charity.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 11 Dec 14 22:26
I didnt believe that part.
By:
slickster
When: 11 Dec 14 22:28
You are here 4 years wildman, so what do you know what i have contributed over 12 years? Another "Jimmy the guesser".
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 11 Dec 14 22:36
Easy enough,its like a sequence your last four year contributions are enough to show me the calibre of your previous eight.
By:
slickster
When: 11 Dec 14 22:41
Back to my 9.52 post. Just doing a couple of FACTUAL corrections. You got a problem with that? Or do you think these 2 fine festivals are over 5 days?
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 11 Dec 14 22:53
Its obvious they are including the Punchetown meeting.

Your first post is a sneer and a jeer and your correction happens to be wrong.
By:
slickster
When: 11 Dec 14 22:59
Only one thinks Leopardstown and Limerick are 5 days. So "they" is incorrect. And to imply "they" mean Punchestown,and not Tramore, on the 31st is included,is ludicrously wrong. You appear out of sorts wildman.....
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 11 Dec 14 23:52
I think that Tramore meeting is gone.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 12 Dec 14 19:08
Good heavens Wonks, what a generous gesture from a high roller!  And great that someone much less busy than yourself has signed up to do the math and the donkey work.

I shall be playing for Glen.ie, the gay and lesbian equality network in Ireland.

".....GLEN needs your support to ensure that we have fully Constitutional equality through access to civil marriage; to ensure that young LGBT people are safe, supported and affirmed in schools; to ensure that we can go to work safe in the knowledge that we can be open and fully respected and included; to ensure that we can safely walk the streets hand in hand.....

Details of how to donate can be fund on glen.ie.

I would urge other participating forumites to adopt this progressive charity. Thanks again, Wonks
By:
pa lapsy
When: 12 Dec 14 19:27
No chance there, surely a wind up,however did it get a license?
By:
workrider
When: 12 Dec 14 19:38
You are welcome Norma .
By:
tony57
When: 12 Dec 14 20:12
hey thickster that's twice you have had a go at me..i asked how long limerick is on over xmas..I thought it was 5 days..you on the other hand know sweet fa about any horses ive never seen you put up anything on here?..ive not got involed in your personal vendetta against wr..but you are a prick..
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 12 Dec 14 20:13
An excellent idea in all fairness.... I was going to join up myself but will be indisposed during the festive period.... I think it's only fair Joan Burton is given a free entry ....after all she is bank rolling the whole thing ....she will be glad to know that at least some of the money that is being given out this Christmas ....will end up in a good home .... Bad news for the bookies though.... They will be minus 3 bullseyes this Xmas....
By:
tony57
When: 12 Dec 14 20:17
limerick is over 4 days..sorry I didn't check..you childish prick..
By:
Ozymandius
When: 12 Dec 14 20:20
calm down, Tony.
By:
tony57
When: 12 Dec 14 20:23
hang on oz..ive never passed comment..on his and wr chats..i don't live in Ireland I make a passing comment cos I know the xmas fixtures @limerick are over a few days..i thought 5..its 4..wow..and he makes out as if its a scandal..its so childish its a joke..
By:
workrider
When: 12 Dec 14 20:32
Walnutt , booked in for Xmas I see...Laugh
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo