Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dinglemick
29 Nov 14 11:46
| Topic/replies: 762 | Blogger: dinglemick's blog
Anyone watching this morning lads ...... worth a look at the end of the programme ..... By the look on Ruby s face Jeff Banks was a dead man walking  after his snide remark !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pause Switch to Standard View The Morning Line
Show More
Report punchestown November 29, 2014 12:57 PM GMT
Haven't watched this in about 10 years,used to love it.
Report huddys November 29, 2014 1:00 PM GMT
What did he say?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y November 29, 2014 1:03 PM GMT
Banks basically crabbed Quevega over just winning the same nonsense race at Cheltenham over and over again - it did not go down well with Ruby
Report huddys November 29, 2014 1:09 PM GMT
Thanks Premier,i can only imagine,
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y November 29, 2014 1:11 PM GMT
i think he may have crabbed Denman previously on what i have read elsewhere as well but didn't see that myself
Report callitasucit November 29, 2014 1:22 PM GMT
I didn't see it, but he would be dead right if saying that about Quevega, or at least their campaigning of her.

She surely deserved a shot at a WH? If Annie Power goes the same route this year, it is a crying shame. And given his policy of late, this looks very likely.

WPM just seems intent on mopping up the easy money in Ireland. Ok, there is nothing wrong with that, the majority of owners are probably happy. But surely someone like Ricci, with more money than he knows what to do with would have preferred see Champagne Fever or Ballycasey run in the Paddy Power?? Instead of running in the seasons first prestigious chase, they are doing what WPM does....mop up the easy money.

Again this cant really be crabbed, especially from a business sense, but that is not what NH is about. Annie Power should be chasing this year. Thank God Willies father had a more daring blend of blood in him, or we might have missed out on one of Irelands greatest sporting days.
Report dinglemick November 29, 2014 1:26 PM GMT
Watch again premier ... i don t think it was the crabbing of quvega that irked ruby ..... Banks passed a snide remark when mick fitz was reading out one of the tweet questions from one of the viewers ... " who s the best mare you have ridden this season ruby "  to which Banks replied " by that he means horses Ruby " !!!!!!!!!!
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y November 29, 2014 1:31 PM GMT
Laugh i missed that, fkin classic, Geoff gone way up in my estimation now
Report callitasucit November 29, 2014 1:32 PM GMT
Well he's dead right there too so!! Sorry I missed that. Brilliant. About time they stopped licking his ring, and showed him up for what he is. A superb jockey, but a complete pr**k.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 29, 2014 1:35 PM GMT
Yet to buy anyone a beer (apples from the tree....)
Report Ozymandius November 29, 2014 1:47 PM GMT
You cant be saying that on air, to a married man, in the circumstances, hope Ruby knocked him out after it.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y November 29, 2014 1:51 PM GMT
Plain ermmmmmmm not as if it ain't common knowledge and if reports are to be believed Gillian is pretty well aware of it
Report Ozymandius November 29, 2014 1:53 PM GMT
so.(if it is true).....talk about it on live television?  what a pr1ck yer man is.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y November 29, 2014 1:55 PM GMT
i think the lad running around riding young ones in another country while he is married and has kids is the prick tbh Plain
Report Ozymandius November 29, 2014 1:57 PM GMT
Maybe so, if true, but that is his private business and I certainly wouldn't be writing such allegations on a public forum, let alone alluding to it on live tv.
Report tony57 November 29, 2014 1:58 PM GMT
is ruby playing around then?
Report CheltenhamRoar November 29, 2014 1:59 PM GMT
i think the lad running around riding young ones in another country while he is married and has kids is the prick tbh

How young are we talking?Shocked
Report CheltenhamRoar November 29, 2014 2:00 PM GMT
is ruby playing around then?

What married man isn't nowadays ffs,Their all at it.
Report gutfeeling November 29, 2014 3:17 PM GMT
Premier Fantasy knows what's happening, Banks should keep his gob shut though, Dirty linen in public and all that.
Report The Gotchee November 29, 2014 7:46 PM GMT
I Watched the morning and remember Ruby throwing in a snide remark about bookmakers, not sure if it was before or after Geoff Banks comment. He might be a good jockey but he is too smug for my liking, particularly when he was asked which would  he ride if the Champion Hurdle was next week, Hurricane Fly or Faugheen. He has a waspish personality.
Report tony57 November 29, 2014 8:07 PM GMT
Geoff banks claims not to know about rubys private life?
Report pa lapsy November 29, 2014 8:18 PM GMT
He reads the forum Tony and has posted on this one before under S*************. No fan of Walsh myself. Maybe i am a bit of a dinosaur Cheltenhamroar but find your 14.00 posting a bit sad if that is the case.
Report tony57 November 29, 2014 8:25 PM GMT
all I can say pa..is Geoff is a rare thing these days..a bookie who,ll take a decent bet..and I don't think what was said this morning was meant in the way its been portrayed on here,m I may be wrong,..
Report tony57 November 29, 2014 8:30 PM GMT
theres no doubt ruby is the best jockey there has been but he leaves a bit to be desired in his attitude imo..I also think like a lot of people in racing he has no interest in punters..but I suppose he has no need to..
Report pa lapsy November 29, 2014 8:37 PM GMT
McCoy and Geraghty have a great attitude all the same Tony.
Report tony57 November 29, 2014 8:42 PM GMT
I get you pa..
Report wildmanfromborneo November 29, 2014 10:27 PM GMT
Incredibly Ozymandius is correct here and the prurient interest of the hot headed Premier Fantasy in Ruby's private life is wrong and sad.

His language is coarse and juvenile " fkin classic "  " riding young ones " these are the words of an immature individual and again sad.
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods November 29, 2014 11:06 PM GMT
^ Agreed
Report Tolmi November 29, 2014 11:23 PM GMT
I thought Banks tried to portray himself as clever and ended up looking a complete clown.
While I don't like Ruby as a person I think he is the best NH jockey I have seen and is normally very astute in his tactical observations when interviewed.However he showed himself up as clueless when it comes to odds when he said More of That's price should be the same as the price of him getting around.I was surprised Segal didn't pick up on it.
Report frank60 November 30, 2014 12:38 AM GMT
I have to say that i found Cheltenham Roars  contribution more offencive Wildman,..... is ruby playing around then?

What married man isn't nowadays ffs,Their all at it.
Report frank60 November 30, 2014 12:52 AM GMT
Agree ace.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 30, 2014 8:41 AM GMT
Frank I don't find Premier Fantasy comments offensive more revealing.
Report CheltenhamRoar November 30, 2014 4:16 PM GMT
Just stating facts frank,No need to get your knickers in a twist.
Report frank60 November 30, 2014 5:43 PM GMT
You mean your version of the facts C,R. GROW UP
Report CheltenhamRoar November 30, 2014 5:48 PM GMT
I think we all know it goes on frank,it would be very naive of u to suggest otherwise,you may have even done it yourself,
But hey,Thats your own business.
Report kingrat November 30, 2014 6:06 PM GMT
hello! is frank at it? the dirty dog!ShockedLaugh
Report paulie wallnuts November 30, 2014 7:19 PM GMT
Apparently frank could ride em quicker than they were pulling them out from underneath him .....the hairy Iranian wouldn't hold his coat....
Report workrider November 30, 2014 7:24 PM GMT
Walnutt , time for your medicine , Norma your friendly Iranian , will be getting upset if you don't ,what a pair ye make ,Norma with her scarf and you with your tea cosy...Laugh
Report Ozymandius November 30, 2014 7:25 PM GMT
What's all this about Frank being a prodigious rattler of dirt boxes?
Report workrider November 30, 2014 7:39 PM GMT
See what i mean Walnutt , Norma is getting upset with you...She needs ALL your loving...
Report Ozymandius November 30, 2014 7:42 PM GMT
^ fails to follow the progression of the thread as ever.
Report workrider November 30, 2014 7:53 PM GMT
Your so called progression Norma is simply gossip ,and been the old woman of the forum we are not surprised you'd jump in with both feet ...
Report wildmanfromborneo November 30, 2014 7:58 PM GMT
People who live sexless loveless lives always love discussing it.
They are like Eunuchs in a harem they know the mechanics of what goes on just can't do it themselves
Report Ozymandius November 30, 2014 7:59 PM GMT
What a tool you are, if you read the thread, I am the one surpressing the actual gossip.  You really have very little grasp of what goes on around you on do you?   Little wonder so many take the p1ss.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 30, 2014 8:01 PM GMT
I think he is referring to your " prodigious rattler of dirt boxes " comment.
Report Ozymandius November 30, 2014 8:02 PM GMT
We are having a laugh about Frank[s prudish over-reaction...see 3 or 4 preceeding comments.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 30, 2014 8:23 PM GMT
D. McCain in the spotlight on next Saturday mornings show.....

6Dec14  1:30  Across The Bay  AINTREE (Early closer), Betfred Becher Handicap Chase (Grade 3) 
6Dec14  1:30  Kruzhlinin  AINTREE (Early closer), Betfred Becher Handicap Chase (Grade 3) 
6Dec14  3:15  Dunowen Point  AINTREE (Early closer), Betfred Grand Sefton Handicap Chase 
6Dec14  3:15  Kruzhlinin  AINTREE (Early closer), Betfred Grand Sefton Handicap Chase 
6Dec14  3:15  Witness In Court  AINTREE (Early closer), Betfred Grand Sefton Handicap Chase
Report Rocketfingers November 30, 2014 10:01 PM GMT
Pathtic stuff from Wildclown questioning Ozy morals, Ozy is the man who stood up here and called for calm. PF is another who jumps to conclusion, i would hate to be in the dock when if he is ever on jury duty.
Report workrider November 30, 2014 10:48 PM GMT
The whole thing was too much for you to resist Norma, you live in hope that someday somebody will find you attractive ,anything with a sexual context has you running for the keyboard hoping against hope that someone on here might share your sexual perversion ...
Report dinglemick November 30, 2014 11:47 PM GMT
for those that haven t seen it ..link below ...last 2 minutes from 46 mins

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/channel-4-racing/on-demand/55677-128
Report kavvie December 1, 2014 10:46 AM GMT
id say a few lads on here can look forward to seeing men in white wigs!!?
Report GANT007 December 1, 2014 7:26 PM GMT
Kavvie.........One name dropper will be watching his back.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com