Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Ozymandius
10 Oct 14 09:45
| Topic/replies: 18,108 | Blogger: Ozymandius's blog
Antonio, am considering an investment in a beast by the name of Deadly Move, 5.20 Carlisle.

Charlie Longsdon had an impressive bumper winner at Worcester yesterday and mentioned on't telly that the above beast was working with him at home.  The inference seemed to be working well.  A trainer in fine form, I believe.

Unfortunately I forgot about it and so missed the earlier 7/4, now best priced 6/5.
Pause Switch to Standard View Calling The Bumper King
Show More
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 6:05 PM BST
Went off 8/15 Tony. didn't make the frame.

Seek refuge in the platitude of your choosing;

* We wuz robbed
* Fine stamp of a horse
* Will come on for the run
* One for the notebook
* That's racing
Report pa lapsy October 10, 2014 9:06 PM BST
You could always put that tumbleweed photo on here.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 9:20 PM BST
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 9:20 PM BST
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 9:21 PM BST
Tony had  job on today, I believe.
Report pa lapsy October 10, 2014 9:23 PM BST
No sign of Kingrat either,his kinda thread.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 9:25 PM BST
Sorry Pa, I seem to have upset you. I thought passing on hossy info was helpful to the forum.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 9:26 PM BST
apologies to all for the loss, naturally.  If that is what is upsetting you, Pa?
Report pa lapsy October 10, 2014 9:31 PM BST
Not a bit upset,bit of a snidey thread concerning Tony all the same.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 9:33 PM BST
Why?  He refers to himself as the Bumper King, after all. Do you not think him worthy of consultation?

You are very hard to please, Pa.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 9:39 PM BST
Your opening post is laughable,an attempt at hassling the patently decent Tony.

A horse put up lazily without any reason,doubt you even checked out the race.

Deadly Move is by a Bonnie and Clyde sire was second in a low grade point to point and was heavy odds on on his racecourse debut.
He had plenty of opposition including a Gordon Elliott trained horse who started favourite in a Navan bumper.

I will say it again you must be either worse than useless or a non trier sadly I suspect the former.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 9:42 PM BST
I hope you laid him so, Borneo.  Amazing to see him backed down to 8/15 given your (post) race analysis.

Terrible the way the forum is going to see all the chat post-race.
Report Rocketfingers October 10, 2014 9:46 PM BST
Ha i don't believe this, Ozy put up a horse at 6/5 and it goes of 8/15 and Wildman comes on and claims it was a bad bet because it lost. That ladies and gentlemen is the most muggish thing i have seen on here in quite some time, i would love to be your bookmaker Wildman.
Report Distant View October 10, 2014 9:50 PM BST
I think the opening poster refers to the fact that Tony put it up on SBB columns.

It was very well backed and was clearly expected but like Kilcooley last year, it traded very short in running but was found out first time up the stiff finish.

If you were a trader it was  certainly the momentum horse at the meeting, but this Scorpion character is not a favourite sire of mine and a few on here have derided him in the early stages of his career.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 9:50 PM BST
It's more about starting threads on Ebola and UKIP these days, Rock.  We should nearly merge with Chit Chat.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 9:51 PM BST
Did you even know he had run in a point to point ?
Did you look at the opposition ?

I suspect not,the usual superficial analysis " trainer mentioned on telly " this is the level of your contributions.

Its now a long list of odds on losers punctured by a few after timed winners.

One day you will break your duck here and I will be the first to congratulate you although fear I won't live that long.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 9:54 PM BST
Actually no, I would have no idea about Tony's column, or where to find it. hHe really has one?

Great minds and all that though....he must have heard the same thing on't telly that i heard!

I hope Tony isn't too cut up about Borneo's scathing analysis of his pick for today.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 9:57 PM BST
Pleased to hear it went low in running.  Didn't catch  the race, but apparently it was travelling like a Roll's Royce (Silver Shadow) for much of the race.
Report Rocketfingers October 10, 2014 9:57 PM BST
Yes Ozy, Wildman go and start a thread on Isis or the protesters in Hong Kong or even if you want to talk about horses the horse that walked into that police station or whatever takes your fancy and leave the betting to the real men.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 9:57 PM BST
I suppose this new system where if your horse shortens you are in front,if he shortens in running your in front suits Rocketfingers and Ozymandius and similar nervous individuals,it means you have three chances of festooning a thread in booms.

Its like games we used play with our children,you let them him to make them feel good.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 9:58 PM BST
" you let the win "
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 10:00 PM BST
Are you now labelling traders like Kelly as 'nervous individuals'?

Best stick to 'social issues du jour' threads.  This new fangled approach to gambling is beyond you, it seems.
Report Rocketfingers October 10, 2014 10:00 PM BST
Please don't try and put words in my mouth, the horse was tipped up at 6/5 and went off at 8/15, on this you claimed most laughable it was a bad bet. Don't try and get yourself out of this you absolute mug !!
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 10:06 PM BST
I wouldn't mind, bit how many consecutive short priced 'all ins' has he got spectacularly wrong in recent times? I've lost count.  He reckons this makes him a 'soulful' gambler!  Potless more like!
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 10:08 PM BST
You never mentioned the word trade,this was introduced by your sidekick who has an equally impressive record for blandly putting up losers with no reasoning.

You may duck and dive and argue with your logic but you can't get away from the fact that the horse lost,that he started 8/15 and was unplaced.

Rocketfingers is a known plagiarist scouring obscure forums to try and portray himself as knowledgeable.
Ozymandius is incapable of independent thought and demands reports to help him form an opinion.

Neither of ye have any life experience and both live your lives vicariously on here.
Report pa lapsy October 10, 2014 10:11 PM BST
Was 6L 2nd to now trained Tony Martin White Arm, White Arms next race was a hunters in Killarney in May where he finished 28L behind the very decent On the Fringe(last of 7 finishers) First time i looked at the race but given the field looked very short(apologies with hindsight). The seller seems to have done very well to got 50k sterling on that point.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 10:12 PM BST
To listen to him you'd think I was trying to claim credit for a winner!

What a numpty!
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 10:16 PM BST
Rocketfingers considered it a winner because the horse shortened,you then dishonestly tried to introduce Kelly into the mix by mentioning trading.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 10:25 PM BST
You poured scorn on anyone who trades, as you have done many times in the past.  Kelly is our most prominent and (highly) successful trader.

The fact that it shortened meant that it offered the helpful possibility of trading out for those so inclined, different to calling it a winner, which Rock never did. 

If every hoss put up here more than halved in price, we could charge an admission price WinkCool
Report Rocketfingers October 10, 2014 10:26 PM BST
No, i considered it a good bet actually a very good bet because of how much the horse shortened by, you claim it was a bad bet because it lost wildman, you are making yourself look like a serious mug with an outstanding lack of knowledge of betting or long term winning at betting, go back to the ebola thread.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 10:31 PM BST
Kelly is a nice man one you have tried to goad on many an occasion but he is not successful.

Traders are parasites and the ruination of gambling,they want risk free gambling an anachronism to me.

Its also used by posters like Rocketfingers who don't bet to give the illusion they are high rollers betting in numbers that would give mere mortals a headache.
Report pa lapsy October 10, 2014 10:31 PM BST
We all back losers,no shame,the fact that the horse shortened is immaterial as he was beat and there was no trade,obvious from Oz,s 6.05 post.
Report keen leader October 10, 2014 10:31 PM BST
this horse going off at odds on was one of the daftest returns at this stage of the winter.

sam curling had one good 5 year old last season in the pointing ranks, the horse is still a maiden but will alter that fact on sunday at loughrea. the rest of his 5 year old pointers were modest, including this horse, deadly sting which harveys white arm made a laugh of at maralin. another useless ex curling pointer runs at hexham in the last tomorrow, 5/1 on the tissue, a million in my book to win a bumper, the youghal bred youngster.

I do have to laugh how events unfold...2 pointers win the bumpers on Thursday, and hey presto the punters are jumping all over a similar type the next day, at any price. the difference the 2 that won on Thursday were horses of some class and substance, the unenlightened would obviously not know the difference.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 10:34 PM BST
Henceforth to be known as 'The Unenlightened Bumper King' Laugh
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 10:42 PM BST
Keen Leader using the word unenlightened is ironic considering he considers himself " enlightened " and does so almost daily here.

Neither Rocketfingers or Ozymandias watched the Carlisle bumper but if they did they could have got an insight into tomorrow's bumper.
The winner Mr Steadfast started a short priced favourite in a Navan bumper,Swansea Mile finished second with Rock n Rhythm third.

Its early stages but I think Swansea Mile has rock steady form and will be my bet tomorrow.
The early favourite is Snow Falcon trained by Noel Meade and running in a bumper without a Willie Mullins representative,he was second in a restricted bumper in Punchestown,hope its not a combined forces job.
Report keen leader October 10, 2014 10:47 PM BST
so so bumper, not inclined to oppose meads, would take anything above levels on rock n r placings, definitely a better horse than teds, and the way the stablemate won at navan the other day coming home as though on rocket fuel, if would be very interested in him, expect he will perform as he could struggle on softer given pedigree...Swansea beaten by donkey the last day, very hard to forgive.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 10:48 PM BST
Well if it doesn't win you will have the Combined Forces as a fall back theory.  Convenient.

Best of luck with your selection, Borneo.  I, for one, won't be knocking you, after the event.  Not my idea of enlightened behaviour.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 10:50 PM BST
Cheers KL, enlightening!
Report freddiek October 10, 2014 10:52 PM BST
stick to the Reality tv, Norman.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 10:53 PM BST
I see that Rock n Rhythm is out of the infamous Dark Rosaleen Laugh  Shirley an omen!
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 10:55 PM BST
Look I put a bit of life in one of your lonely generally ignored threads,you normally only have the lonely Rocketfingers and some pictures for company.

You gallantly are providing a similar service for Rocketfingers on his uninteresting threads.
Report freddiek October 10, 2014 10:56 PM BST
pathetic thread from a pathetic, strange individual.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 10:57 PM BST
Yes Borneo, thanks for coming.  Shame your Ebola and UKIP threads never took off!
Report frank60 October 10, 2014 11:01 PM BST
I seem to remember K.L. Putting up a horse called Faugheen before he ran his 1st bumper race;The same beast is now 2nd fav for the Champion Hurdle and is unbeaten, It fair to say that that was petty enlightening! info.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 11:05 PM BST
Plenty of replies on both threads including your memorable response of " fair play to you "

Its hardly my fault that you are incapable of independent thought and are reduced to harrumphing from the sidelines.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 11:10 PM BST
Quite, but this is a 'proper racing thread'.  Hence its greater popularity and range of contributors. We may even have got a winner or two out of KL for tomorrow!  Hoorah!

Your threads, frankly, are better suited to the Politics or Chit chat forums.
Report pa lapsy October 10, 2014 11:12 PM BST
Doesn't look a lot between Red Jacket,Swansea Mile,Rock N Rhythm and just maybe Ange D,or Javilex. Snow Falcons run looks on a fair bit better level last time,showed enough finishing in that to know why he has a hood,a break also, trappy enough puzzle.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 11:15 PM BST
Why not just ignore them,they are not compulsory.

Yet you are on everyone of them,not quite following the nuances of the topic but contributing a few well placed " ya boos " and " fair play to you "
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 11:24 PM BST
Most people do ignore them, apparently, Borneo.  Perhaps I should be more selective, though i have learnt not to tax myself.  Your views are entrenched, well known, predictible and not for changing.  One might as well try to enlighten SilverGreaser!  I have learned not to waste my time.

Now can you please stop polluting a 'proper racing thread' with irrelevancies, please?
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 11:26 PM BST
Anyway, good night Dear.  Best not to oppose KL's views tomorrow, eh?  Tends not to pay.  Hold onto yer few schillings.
Report pa lapsy October 10, 2014 11:29 PM BST
Your proper racing thread is summed up by your opening post,all it was a snide scummy attack on a fella who loves his racing, Wildman has forgotten more about racing than i'll ever know,you can keep your "proper racing thread"
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 11:30 PM BST
Oh and if you do commit, and you are probably too stubborn to back down even in light of superior insight and knowledge,  please no apres-match whinging about Combined Forces hocus pocus conspiracies.  Cheers.
Report Ozymandius October 10, 2014 11:31 PM BST
Good night, Pa. Hopefully tomorrow finds you in better humour.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 10, 2014 11:38 PM BST
'twas I made into a proper racing thread by showing you a form line you didnt know of,this got a reasoned response from Keen Leader and another informative reply from Pa Lapsy,two posters who regularly give winners.

I take on board their views,still think Swansea Mile has the best form,he is consistent and I don't see why Rock n Rhythm should overturn the form albeit the easier track might suit this flat bred.

At least we had a discussion,no bland saying this will win,present the facts let others make up their own mind and no ludicrous odds on shots.
Report Rocketfingers October 10, 2014 11:39 PM BST
pa lapsy 10 Oct 14 23:29 Joined: 06 Apr 09 | Topic/replies: 5,319 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
Your proper racing thread is summed up by your opening post,all it was a snide scummy attack on a fella who loves his racing, Wildman has forgotten more about racing than i'll ever know,you can keep your "proper racing thread"

I think this could be the truth although i would not just limit it to racing.
Report pa lapsy October 10, 2014 11:45 PM BST
Yer not happy unless you are discrediting people,thats the way the two of ye are, all said good decisive replies on the thread from KL and Distant View and enjoyed reading them.
Report Ozymandius October 11, 2014 10:21 AM BST
If you want talk about discrediting people, check out your post of 21.06, Pa!

You really need to cheer the feck up, you have become a miserable sod.
Report Ozymandius October 11, 2014 5:48 PM BST
Booom!!!!!  Thank's KL, 2/2, almost like you wrote the script Cool

Now that's what I call enlightenment!
Report one last chance October 11, 2014 6:04 PM BST
And them combined forces lift the loot again
Report Ozymandius October 11, 2014 6:19 PM BST
I only hope Borneo heeded my advice not to get involved with his selection.
Report tony57 October 12, 2014 3:03 PM BST
I apologize for not replying to you oz..but ive been away looking at a horse?.im sorry to say too much money..but yes I did back charlies @Carlisle, it was a stupid price at the end..and disappointing..but im glad to say I got it back , todays bumper @ffos las is a belter and I advise people to record it lots of winners will come out of it..once again im sorry I could not respond( we would have lost anyway)..thanks to pa ..ive had one bet @limerick in the last arelite supreme..@11/8..good luck all
Report CheltenhamRoar October 12, 2014 3:31 PM BST
Rock the Kasbah...Good thing.
Report tony57 October 12, 2014 3:37 PM BST
maybe Cheltenham,i know hes highly thought off..i backed him @Chepstow and was going to today..but all the talk is about the rebbeca Curtis horse?..don't forget the fry horse....so im just watching..
Report CheltenhamRoar October 12, 2014 3:47 PM BST
Well Hobbs couldn't entertain this beast been beat on debut apparently,The horse who beat it (Simon Squirrel) has since been purchased by Wylie and now in training with Nicholls,Both will be two very nice horses this season imo,

i have no idea of p2p form maybe Keen Leader could enlighten us on how good or not so good Scorpiancer is,But will have to be very smart to be RTK imo
Report CheltenhamRoar October 12, 2014 3:47 PM BST
plus he's a Scorpion so that would be enough for me to oppose
Report CheltenhamRoar October 12, 2014 3:53 PM BST
Just had a quick glance over Scorpiancers form,won a 3 mile p2p on bottomless ground in which 12 horses were pulled up ShockedCrazy
Report tony57 October 12, 2014 3:55 PM BST
he won his ptp by 10lengths, in heavy..apparently was very impressive, the plan is just one bumper then hurdles..trainer has made no secret of how well he goes at home..,the fry horse ran well @taunton and he came here instead of Chepstow yesterday?
Report tony57 October 12, 2014 3:56 PM BST
ground may be the key then chealts?..
Report tony57 October 12, 2014 4:24 PM BST
chelts...the Curtis horse has been hamered...
Report CheltenhamRoar October 12, 2014 4:36 PM BST
id have thought the ground may be key tony,But obviously not the way its been backed,
id still be confident with my selection though
Report paulie wallnuts October 12, 2014 4:36 PM BST
Curtis is a fine looking girl but its an ordinary outfit......the guy running the show is a bluffer of the highest order......and a chancy man with a chequered career.....the big price tag for the horse wouldn't mean anything.....the price given is about 10 times too much......it wont win today either.....
Report tony57 October 12, 2014 4:47 PM BST
well that sums may day up pass the hat..falls..ffs.., I hope your right chealts..I too wanted to go with it..but ive decided just to watch..paulie makes a point about Costello? I don't know if its true..all I do know is they rate the animal..paulie is proberly right about the price?lol
Report CheltenhamRoar October 12, 2014 4:54 PM BST
Of course he is,These expensive purchases always are,it counts for jack shít
Report tony57 October 12, 2014 5:03 PM BST
yes I agree. price mean nothing..but the market over reacts..you can only go on form..and I suppose theres not much between them
Report Ozymandius October 12, 2014 5:36 PM BST
Well done CR and Paulie. Different gravy Cool
Report tony57 October 12, 2014 5:38 PM BST
welldone chealts..outstayed the Curtis horse..nice..sorry I didbt keep the faith..
Report CheltenhamRoar October 12, 2014 5:39 PM BST
Cheers ozy,im the new bumper king Laugh
Report CheltenhamRoar October 12, 2014 5:40 PM BST
Keep Simon Squirrel in your notebooks fellas Cool
Report tony57 October 12, 2014 5:41 PM BST
Laugh
Report tony57 October 12, 2014 5:46 PM BST
jumping lets me down again...
Report kingrat October 12, 2014 8:11 PM BST
^^^mug punter extraordinaire!Shocked
Report Catch Me ifyoucan October 18, 2014 1:44 AM BST
Not Now Sylvio