Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
maxheadroom
05 Aug 14 13:56
| Topic/replies: 2,997 | Blogger: maxheadroom's blog
purely on looks
i have it between zara healy leitrim @7s and cyndee crowel texas @33s. ohio and oman oh no.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 77
By:
Kelly
When: 05 Aug 14 16:08
Has it started ?  Seems a bit early , usually around the third week in August . Used to be able to time it in tandem with the Tralee races , but thats long gone now .
By:
neill d
When: 05 Aug 14 16:38
Cork Rose will hack up in this I get the sense. My cousin was beaten in their qualifiers and it was said it was a foregone conclusion who would win. Thought she'd be shorter than 7/2 given this could be a right stitch up. Should be well schooled as well as she has appeared on GAA panels on RTE as well.
By:
maxheadroom
When: 05 Aug 14 19:44
hmm after doing some more research on the texan she should be nearer 300s, some of the runners photos seem to have been worked on. no photo uploaded of the cork entrant neil d unless its under the lists of brittish entries. http://www.roseoftralee.ie/roses/regional-roses/irish-roses
By:
tony57
When: 06 Aug 14 13:38
I loved the Tralee festival...very sad when the track closed..
By:
Kelly
When: 06 Aug 14 13:48
Victim of the Celtic Tiger I suspect , tony57 .  Was there nearly every year from about 1970 onwards , and it was always a lucky track for me . Miss it .
By:
tony57
When: 06 Aug 14 13:56
yes Kelly..proberly...
By:
Ozymandius
When: 06 Aug 14 15:46
Texas, are you having a laugh?  Looks like something that would walk out of an alien ship to me.

A very plain looking bunch tbf.  The only two that stand out to me are Toronto and Philadelphia.  They both have boyish hairstyles, not quite sure what that says about my taste in women Plain
By:
neill d
When: 06 Aug 14 16:26
Cork Rose into 3's, it begins...
By:
neill d
When: 06 Aug 14 16:32
They don't want them too refined looking or 'up themselves', they're going to spend the year at agricultural & town shows so they have to play to their audience which means no short hair either.

You wouldn't run Kingman in the St Leger.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 06 Aug 14 16:35
How come there is no picture up of the Cork Rose, Neill?

Punters get fleeced year in year out in this with an already- past-the-post plunge horse btw.
By:
thegalwayman
When: 06 Aug 14 16:39
The hookiest betting event of the year.
By:
mrtopnotch
When: 06 Aug 14 16:40
Her pic is in the International Rose section
Cork camoige captain
Degrees coming out her ears
Loves the Make a Wish Foundation

Lump on lads LaughCool
By:
mrtopnotch
When: 06 Aug 14 16:43
Dia Dhuit, my name is Anna Geary and it is a huge honour to be chosen as the 2014 Cork Rose. I am 26 years young and grew up on a farm near the lovely village of Milford. I am a marketing professional at Dell Software and also a Dell Charity Champion. I hold a Business Degree from the University of Limerick and a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations from Cork Institute of Technology.

I have a passion for sport and am privileged to be the current Cork Senior Camogie Captain. My involvement in sport has afforded me many opportunities including working with Make-A-Wish Foundation as a national ambassador and with RTÉ as a sports analyst. While living in Luxembourg, I discovered my love of travel and have since worked with the Higher Education Authority to promote studying/working abroad during university.

I am an advocate for greater use of the Irish language as we all know the cúpla focal as Gaeilge. I love fashion, food, dancing and enjoy the challenge of Bikram Yoga. I am proud to represent all of my fellow Cork Rose Finalists in Tralee and I look forward to every moment of this experience.
By:
neill d
When: 06 Aug 14 16:43
Too true lads. google images Anna Geary Cork Rose, Ozy.

Mrtopnotch just gave it in a nutshell.

If she doesn't win, this country is a very different place than I thought it was!!

The GAA will surely sort this.
By:
neill d
When: 06 Aug 14 16:47
They picked an Italian winner there a few years ago with a legitimate modelling background, but she went mad on the talk backstage at an agricultural show near Athlone. This kind of thing needs a steady hand with plenty of resolution who is familiar with the terrain.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 06 Aug 14 16:50
http://www.roseoftralee.ie/roses/request-a-visit-from-the-rose-of-tralee

I've officially requested a visit for Scouse Tony's Y Fronts.  Response awaited.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 06 Aug 14 19:37
Texas rose is very nice and the Philly Rose looks well, i like the Cork rose from those pics, should be far more pics and a few body shots on the website. The Leitrim ones will go buck leaping mad if their one wins.
By:
KIMBLE
When: 19 Aug 14 03:13
cork 9-2 lump on
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 19 Aug 14 08:37
Anybody having a bet or an opinion on this Shiite should go and get help......they really should.....its an embarrassment to the Irish people....yet another one.....
By:
Kelly
When: 19 Aug 14 22:08
Flicked over after the football , this is definitely the least attractive Rose set of contestants I have seen . They all think they have to jabber on at 90 to the dozen about their relations or charity work etc .  Whatever happened to the good looking Irish colleens who danced at the crossroads ?
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 19 Aug 14 22:17
Some of them good looking Irish colleens have swapped dancing at the crossroads......for horizontal jogging at the local Iranian takeaway.....
By:
Kelly
When: 19 Aug 14 22:40
There's none of them underweight anyway !
By:
Kelly
When: 19 Aug 14 22:43
The Philedelphia Rose on at present is the most presentable one I have seen so far .
By:
callitasucit
When: 19 Aug 14 22:51
Havent been watching it, but it was on in the local last night......the Dublin Rose was a tasty morcel. Legs were slightly on the chinky side though. Seemed quite a character too. What price is she?
By:
Kelly
When: 19 Aug 14 23:05
Not aware of any betting , callit . Didn't see any up on here .
By:
Vubiant
When: 19 Aug 14 23:06
The Rose of Tralee is just that  ...ROT ...utter tripe that would score a perfect 10 on the Richter scale of
feeble-mindedness. It should have gone out with the era of gabardine coats , turn-up trousers, and pioneer pins.
A pukefest of epic proportions ,it's right up there with the Eurovision 'Song Contest'.

This Geary twit sums it up - loves GAA , Gaelic and charity. It's a wonder she didn't mention opening an orphanage in the Phoenix Park and a Palaestinian refuge on the Hill of Tara while she was at it.
By:
Kelly
When: 19 Aug 14 23:27
Picked the winner !  Pity there was no market !
By:
Distant View
When: 19 Aug 14 23:34
Are you trying to steal workrider's title as a paddock judge?
By:
Kelly
When: 19 Aug 14 23:50
No , Distant View .  But when I saw the other 31 girls at the end ( I only saw about half of them over the 2 nights ) I would have backed her . Apart from her looks , I liked her manner .
By:
callitasucit
When: 20 Aug 14 00:23
She was 4-6 soon after I posted at 22.51 Kelly. Very good looking doll alright, though I prefer a woman to have longer hair!!
By:
Mordin.
When: 20 Aug 14 00:34
Was 1/14F with Powers close home, seconds from the announcement, pretty girl alright, she played a stormer, shrewd cookie. Prefer longer hair myself alright though she wants to show off her wee tattoos on her neck.
By:
Kelly
When: 20 Aug 14 01:32
Wouldn't have been betting at odds on myself , not having seen the field .

An acquaintance of mine who managed a bookies nearby got a phone call one evening from a mate who was somewhere in the world , not sure where . The phone call was to see how much he could get on a beauty contestant .  He managed about £400 on at odds from 6/1 down to 2/1 , at which stage betting was suspended , presumably due to the specific interest registering at head office .

Apparently his mate had got a phone call from one of the judges , tipping him the winner , which had still to be announced the next day .

She won  , and it was no tuppeny ha'penny event !
By:
Ozymandius
When: 20 Aug 14 08:56
No surprise that legendary swordsman The Rock and myself both picked the winner well in advance, on pictures alone. CoolWink
By:
Kelly
When: 20 Aug 14 13:53
Didn't see any pictures Ozy , but I guess if they did her any justice we might have been circling the bookies looking for prices . Of what I saw of the event she was outstanding on looks , and it would only have been a question of how she interviewed .  But after a lot of previous inanities from other contestants all she had to do was jump the last without an error .
By:
maxheadroom
When: 21 Aug 14 10:54
wd on tipping philly yous have @ueer eyes for the straight guys.
By:
freddiek
When: 24 Aug 14 11:27
A gay rose of tralee would ya believe! Beautiful girl. i thought the hair on her was too short though.
By:
kavvie
When: 24 Aug 14 13:31
fair dues to her..
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 24 Aug 14 17:25
That should be the finish of the rose of Tralee.....a lesbian winning it......she was a million if the organisers knew.....
By:
kavvie
When: 24 Aug 14 17:43
tasty looking
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo