Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
kingrat
16 Jul 14 22:53
| Topic/replies: 8,525 | Blogger: kingrat's blog
kerry 5-1 pp   the all ireland outright.

kerry are certainties to make the semis and will probabally play mayo.(btw i think mayo can get mugged before this stage.)

fitzmaurice has re organised this kerry team very cleverly,defensely rock solid,dec o sullivan the play maker(top class) an inside full forward line that will do alot of damage if given quality ball,a kick out strategy and a middle 8 that can compete for breaking ball with any1(including the dubs)also hes got top footballers to come on from the bench now.
  kerry are an absolute ambush in waiting for a tired ,no new ideas mayo  team.

my bet  is to lump on kerry and trade out yre stake in the final and free roll.they will face the dubs.Wink
Pause Switch to Standard View a pro's bet on the gaa!
Show More
Report Mordin. July 17, 2014 2:13 AM BST
Sounds fair enough Kingrat. Connaught Final last Sunday was shockingly poor. Some horrendous shooting from county footballers. How much would you put on Kerry at 5/1 to trade out?
Report callitasucit July 17, 2014 7:55 AM BST
KR, if you are confident that Dublin will be in the final(which I am too, and is probably about a 1.5 shot), you would be much better off backing Kerry e.w, than backing win only and laying off.

I would imagine, unless Dublin are very lethargic en route to the final, that Kerry would be approx 2-1 to lift Sam if faced with the Dubs.

If you had 200 at 5-1, to lay off at 2-1, your maximum expected profit is 600(1000 - 400). By reaching the final, your minimum expectancy is your cash back, the 200 lay.

By backing 100 e.w at 5s, 1/2 odds a place, your maximum expected profit is 750. And if beaten in final, returns 350.

There is obviously the chance Dublin wont make it, but the odds of that are more than made up for. Kerry would have to be touching 4-7 to lift trophy to make the laying off strategy a better move. I don't think they would be that short against Cork or Mayo, and no one else has a chance.
Report newapproach July 17, 2014 6:06 PM BST
Would love to see Kerry win the all ireland this year but sadly i don't think it will happen. Cork didn't turn up on the day and Kerry were flattered by that performance as a result.

Personally i'm a big fan of this group of defenders but to say they are rock solid is very wrong. O se and mahonys best days are behind them, enright is hot and cold, murphy is light and Young is not a top class centre back. I hink tthey have great potential but they are far from the finished article.

You're also wrong to say they have excellent an excellent middle 8. Th middle section of the field where kerry are probably weakest. People still have massive doubts about young, maher, buckley and they still have a lot to prove.

I agree they will make the semis but personally I think Mayo would beat kerry in a semi and probely go on and win a final. But you cant put too much trust in mayo for obvious reasons.
Report kingrat July 17, 2014 10:16 PM BST
ok new,   marc o se v cillian o'connor

its a tight game and 50-50 balls have to be won,who do u think will win the duel?

yeah,thats a fair pt callit but its too late,i am already on for a monkey(ok mordin)but look ?the final decision will be made on the day of the game.that of course is if everything goes to plan.Laugh
Report callitasucit July 18, 2014 12:11 AM BST
I was very surprised at the Cork result, I had a good wedge on them. I wouldn't write them off yet. To be honest I had prematurely written off this Kerry team.

I think Cork would put up a much better show against Kerry if meeting again, but I do believe the only team with the balls and belief that they can actually beat the Dubs, is Kerry.

Best of Luck KR, I hope that is the final, and if it is anywhere near as good as last years semi, we are in for some treat.

(As a Kildare man, I obviously hope they are in it,.....but im a realist!!)
Report Mordin. July 18, 2014 2:13 AM BST
Good luck Kingrat, I wonder what price with Cooper playing
Report tony57 July 18, 2014 9:29 AM BST
amazing anyone could wish that scumbag anything but ill will? owes 2grand for welched bets, posts after saying he will never post again after losing the competition to pa?and then posts personal details of the man who he owes the bet too??people need to think before they reply to such a shameless man, no disrespect to mordin..but one wonders if he would be the same if he had such contact with the wellnamed rat?
Report kingrat July 18, 2014 5:36 PM BST
^^^^     frankly my dear,i don't give a damn! Laugh

ffs tony,this is a thread for gaa aficionados.i know gaelic games is like a foreign language to u but we in ireland have a great gra for it,dont u know?and we like to bet on  it.
  if u dont have any insight of value on the subject at hand(the gaa punt)my advice to u is to keep schtum.some of my fellow gaels have wished me gl on this punt.what of it?thats their own business.i hate to shatter yre delusions but this forum  does not belong to u and u alone.comprendi ? chump!Laugh
Report irishbookmaker July 21, 2014 3:56 PM BST
Out to 13/2 now. Do they know something we dont or is it just because of the Dubs?
Report kingrat July 21, 2014 4:39 PM BST
i was discussing this last night(granted! with a skin full)Laughthe market will over react with the annihilation of meath.
hold yre nerve gentlemen and go in again.top up.
never look a gift horse in the mouth.Wink
Report Mordin. August 2, 2014 2:54 AM BST
At the Carlow SFC 1st round match this evening in Dr Cullen Park. Was expecting a big performance from Eire Og but it didn't happen. Old Leighlin were too good for them. Better team by far winning 3-12 to 0-15. I see Spoil Sports haven't updated their prices, I have got as much of the 3/1 on Old Leighlin as I can €450-150, should be more like 5/4 as they are certain to get to the semi final. 3/1 definitely a rick. Old Leighlin 7/4 with Paddy.
Report carrot1960 August 2, 2014 7:42 PM BST
if kerry do get there the semi that is mayo will put manners on themGrinGrin
Report callitasucit August 2, 2014 11:13 PM BST
Cork are the bet of the year tomorrow against Mayo. Toss of a coin imo, and if a gun was put to my head, I would choose Cork. A must bet at the prices. Absolutely ridiculous.
Report Kelly August 3, 2014 11:19 AM BST
Currently there is one Leinster team left in --Dublin .  And 3 from Ulster .  Makes you wonder about the relative standards in the provinces .  Armagh could be a decent team if they stopped shooting speculatively into the goalies hands .  Grimley and McGeaney will sort that out for the next match .

Mayo - Cork could be a good buckle today .
Report Kelly August 3, 2014 1:14 PM BST
In keeping with the opening post I have been nibbling at Kerry , averaging 7/1 on here ( I cant get any money on them with the books , restrictions etc ) . After today I expect to be laying them back at 4/1 .  Thats the theory anyway .
Report Kelly August 3, 2014 5:39 PM BST
Mayo -Cork was a cracker .  Kerry looked to my eyes to be taking it handy .  They would have loved Cork to have got going earlier , Kerry -Cork semi would have been a cakewalk for Kerry .

Mayo make things hard for themselves , they had Cork down and out , but cannot put decent teams to the sword .

Kerry- Mayo , the odds are wrong on here , Kerry should be favs .
Report Biffo2010 August 3, 2014 6:34 PM BST
Take O Donoghue out of that Kerry team and they are very average.. Galway had them in trouble had they not kicked all the wideS. Mayo will be slight favourites and rightly so
Report kingrat August 3, 2014 7:39 PM BST
this is absolutely ideal now for kerry.a sloppy,workmanlike display against a clueless galway outfit(3yrs of mulholland's incompetence,enough said.)them kerry boys were going through the motions today,but come the 24th,they will be primed,they will be savage in the contest for the middle third,clinical and ruthless up front.
  i have every confidence in fitzmaurice to have a game plan that hes probably had in the back of his mind since the connaught final and he will have a plan b.his starting 15 is going to be very interesting.

roll on the 24th!WinkLaugh
Report carrot1960 August 4, 2014 7:11 PM BST
make the most of the 24th seeing as you wont be returning on the 21stGrin. mayo did not nor need to get out of 2nd gear to beat galway ,kerry on the other hand really struggled when galway finally decided to play a game which could have gone either way if galway  had taken their chances
Report Kelly August 4, 2014 8:15 PM BST
carrot1960 , by the same token as Mayo-Galway result , Kerry didn't even use any petrol to beat Cork , yet Cork finished only a point behind Mayo yesterday , and in another 5 minutes would probably have won . Likewise the comment applies that Mayo really struggled when Cork decided to play .

The fact of the matter is that both Cork and Galway improved from their beatings in the respective provincial finals . And Mayo and Kerry were both not as impressive as their provincial wins indicated they might be .

However my handle on it is that while Mayo had to go to the pin of their collar to beat Cork , the same comment does not apply to Kerry's win , they had plenty up their sleeve , unlike Mayo .
Report newapproach August 4, 2014 8:40 PM BST
If Kerry are to have any chance against Mayo, they need Bryan Sheehan back. He was majestic around the middle of the field in the Munster final. Kingrat said @ the top of the thread that Kerry have a middle eight that can compete against anyone in the country but this notion was blown out of the water yesterday. Kerry were cleaned out at midfield and that is where Mayo are strongest with the two O'Sheas. Kerry need Sheehan back to be able to compete in this area of the field but the talk at the moment is that he is unlikely to be fit. This would be a huge blow for Kerry.

The only saving grace for Kerry is that the goalkeeper has an excellent kick out and he can pick out fellas for short ones. But there isn't much they can do for Mayo's kickouts in my opinion. I'd strongly fancy Mayo to win personally, especially if Sheehan isn't fit, as much as it pains me to say it.
Report Kelly August 4, 2014 8:48 PM BST
Losing Sheehan yesterday after 10 minutes or so affected Kerry a lot . And no doubt their game plan did not quite readjust to the level of the performance against Cork . Not sure that Kerry were "cleaned out " yesterday , but Sheehan would be a big loss if unfit .
Report kingrat August 5, 2014 5:59 PM BST
steady boys!steady!u need ice in yre veins for this game.Wink
Report Kelly August 10, 2014 12:40 PM BST
Monaghan stayed with the Dubs for 15 minutes , then it was all over after a couple of goals which number should have doubled or trebled if their shooting boots had been sharper and they were not trying to bust the net . Whether or not any of the other 3 teams remaining has the firepower to match the Dubs is debatable . Dubs will be in the final , but what price will they be ?

Donegal -Armagh was a close call , Donegal should have won handier , purely on possession figures , but Armagh supporters will have gone home happier than they were early in the season .  Wonder will any of them talk to the media ?

Kerry - Mayo is going to be the match , to see who will face the Dubs in the final . Could be a cracker , both teams I suspect fancy a crack at the metropolitans .
Report kingrat August 10, 2014 6:10 PM BST
donegal will give the dubs a game alright.13 men behind the ball and hope to isolate probably murphy and mcfadden, one on one close to goal with space in front.if that is allowed,they can do damage.it aint going to be pretty.
Report frank60 August 12, 2014 12:53 PM BST
Dublin have pace all over the park,its the man off the  ball you have to watch ,Mayo look like the only team who can match the dubs but they will have to be super fit to do it,
Report kingrat August 20, 2014 10:46 PM BST
horan is sh1tting in his pants!Shockedfill yre boots!Laugh
Report Biffo2010 August 21, 2014 2:52 AM BST
Some tipping kingrat! Backin Kerry at 5/1 a month ago and they 9's on here now Laugh
What a muppet!
Report frank60 August 21, 2014 12:44 PM BST
Blush
Report kingrat August 21, 2014 3:11 PM BST
break yre piggy bank biffo and get on,u will get yre gargle money.with the success u can hang around with mcnamee and his ilk,talk sh1te and then make a nuisance of yreself around the town.
    more importantly,mulholland has departed(before he was pushed)step up kevin walsh and restore some pride to galway football.Wink
Report pa lapsy August 21, 2014 3:18 PM BST
Pull up yer trousers ya feckin gomb Laugh
Report kingrat August 21, 2014 3:30 PM BST
well i tell ya old pa.for my sins i worked in tullamore for 2yrs.i thought i would never get out of the kip.ShockedWinkWinkLaughLaugh
Report grade 1 August 21, 2014 4:36 PM BST
Kerry at 8.8 on here is just wrong.

That is all.
Report kingrat August 22, 2014 2:13 PM BST
declan o'sullivan dropped?Shockedor is he injured?
kerry never play mind games ,the team always lines out as selected.
Report pa lapsy August 22, 2014 4:32 PM BST
^^^^

mug punter,  5/1 Kerry for the All Ireland Shocked.

Shure they are 9/1 now with the same firm.LaughLaugh

Wot a feckin mug punter and a half. LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report kingrat August 22, 2014 4:40 PM BST
good man old pa!dont u take any sh1te from any1.Laugh
Report kingrat August 31, 2014 1:55 AM BST
adios horan!  ya ****,ya ****g swinger!

when them kerry boys put the gun to your heads,ye were found out.

ah?them kerry boys! them kerry boys!
Report Kelly August 31, 2014 9:34 AM BST
Yesterday matured a few of the Kerry lads , great theatre too .

The 9/1 is looking good value . Still some of my 3/1 available on here .

See someone laid Kerry at 33/1 and bigger ( not for a lot ) . Guess they had  forgotten the fighting spirit they breed into them down there ( or ignored the traditional Mayo inability to close out ) .

The Dubs will still be hot favs , unless they come a cropper today , Donegal are pretty predictable though .
Report kingrat September 1, 2014 12:53 AM BST
`well? well? well? well?

dont trade out gentletemen.

stand firm,hold yre nerve.

LETS GET IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Report Kelly September 1, 2014 2:25 AM BST
Dub defence helped your cause today , changed the Kerry odds from about 3/1 to 6/4 in the space of 70 minutes . Should be about 5/4 come 21st September .
Report grade 1 September 1, 2014 9:13 AM BST
I have laid back but would still be a backer of Kerry at 6/4.

50:50 game now in my view.
Report wildmanfromborneo September 1, 2014 9:28 AM BST
Kingrat has called this one right and I for one admire the fact he is now going for the big dawn.
Report kingrat September 1, 2014 11:59 AM BST
in fairness wildman,i am going all the way.i am going to "die with my boots on" with this 1.Laugh
Report carrot1960 September 1, 2014 3:46 PM BST
dont forget to send cormac reilly a drink after all without his help you would be out
Report callitasucit September 1, 2014 3:52 PM BST
Grade 1, why have you laid off if you perceive Kerry to be too big a price??

I be with KR on this one. Wait and collect the loot.
Report grade 1 September 2, 2014 4:43 PM BST
I laid back stake only at just over evens after the match Sunday. I thought they would probably be about 5/4 on the day.

Happy enough with my position tbh.

The in game betting in GAA throws up plenty of opportunities  - pity it isnt a bit more liquid though.
Report kingrat September 22, 2014 7:26 PM BST
jimmys not winning matches anymore!

ah,that was sweet.what a day!what a night!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

JACKPOT!!!!!!

WinkWinkLaughLaugh
Report richters September 22, 2014 7:44 PM BST
some bonfires in ballymahon last night,pity yere barred from all the pubs in it...fair play rat.....
Report scamboogah September 25, 2014 6:35 PM BST
Well done, you put out there early for all to see.
Report Rocketfingers September 25, 2014 9:57 PM BST
Yes forgot to say WD King, excellent call.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com