Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Bigwillystyle
16 Jun 14 16:22
| Topic/replies: 2,586 | Blogger: Bigwillystyle's blog
Agree Paulie.  He thinks he is Vincent O'Brien the way he goes on.  Some of the s hi te he talks after races is unreal.
Pause Switch to Standard View Somebody should tell Ger Lyons he...
Show More
Report The Gotchee June 16, 2014 4:37 PM BST
Typical angry rant from paulie. Pound for pound Lyons is the best trainer in Ireland. His €20k and €30k purchases win Group and listed races every year. When was the last time Oxx, Weld, Halford,Bolger or O'Brien won a decent race with a bargain basement buy? His main owner Sean Jones has had 10 wins and 11 placed horses from 27 runs in 2014. Lyons was given the opportunity of training for Qatar Racing   who provided him with a better grade of animal and he duly obliged, providing them with their first Group one winner.
Report paulie wallnuts June 16, 2014 4:53 PM BST
Lyons is the best trainer in Ireland......he is in his hole.....he might think that himself.....but not many would agree....only a couple of gobshiites like yourself......
Report The Gotchee June 16, 2014 4:56 PM BST
Try reading the reply, ya dunce.
Report snap crackle and pop June 16, 2014 4:58 PM BST
What a group 1 gobber the gobshee is!

Paulie is spot on
Report The Gotchee June 16, 2014 5:05 PM BST
Weekend "Merchant" BankerLaugh
Report G Hall June 16, 2014 5:27 PM BST
where did ger get the funds to start training from,when I knew him,he hadn't a pot to ....
Report snap crackle and pop June 16, 2014 5:30 PM BST
In fairness he thinks he's the second coming imo...Paylie has him spot on
Report The Gotchee June 16, 2014 5:41 PM BST
Unlike yourself snap/magic md he has a proven track recordCool
Report snap crackle and pop June 16, 2014 6:06 PM BST
What has he proven apart from the fact he can bag a few winners when the big guns are going through a quiet spell
Report workrider June 16, 2014 6:21 PM BST
Ger is a really nice fella behind the self promoting , why shouldn't he promote himself , with the horses he has compared to others mentioned on here he's doing a great job , like him or loathe him , his record speaks for itself ...Anyone who knows him will tell you hes a nice guy , next time your at the races Paulie go up and have a word with him ..I think you'll get a different picture ...
Report The Gotchee June 16, 2014 6:55 PM BST
Ger is after having his winner at Ascot. Cappella Sansevero  bought for £25k on 14th Oct 2013, sent to Ger Lyons to train, sold this evening for £1.3 million.Laugh

paulie puts his foot in it yet againLaugh
Report paulie wallnuts June 16, 2014 6:58 PM BST
Lyons didn't own the horse ya gobshiite......
Report Tolmi June 16, 2014 6:59 PM BST
I would imagine getting £1.3m for Cappella Sanservera might just compensate for having no Royal Ascot winner!!
Report tocky junior June 16, 2014 7:03 PM BST
Ger Lyons is in partnership with jones(50/50) so he now has 650k to put in his pot!! Will horse be left with him I wonder
Report The Gotchee June 16, 2014 7:09 PM BST
I dont know what the arrangements are with Sean Jones but Lyons was very nervous about the sale(according to his facebook page) He would be entitled to between 5%/10% of the sale price anyway. £1.3 million equates to about €1.6 million euro so not a bad days work whatever way you look at it.
Report workrider June 16, 2014 7:25 PM BST
Paulie , A friend of mine plays a bit of football with Ger , although Ger is mostly busy during the summer , he's still one of the lads , no bullshit about him , gets stuck in and enjoys himself , brings the lads on stable visits etc ..You really have got this one wrong mate ...
Report CheltenhamRoar June 16, 2014 7:38 PM BST
Has anybody checked the comments on Lyons' Facebook page from his last post?
"Anto Doyle" has to be paulie Laugh
Report The Gotchee June 16, 2014 7:46 PM BST
That is a cracker cheltenhamLaughLaugh
It has to be paulieLaugh
Report Ozymandius June 16, 2014 8:01 PM BST
likes Harry Potter movies? And Cristiano Ronaldo....mus be Paulie's dummy account!
Report richters June 16, 2014 8:02 PM BST
lol the balbriggan whippet......
Report by purpose June 16, 2014 8:26 PM BST
Send out for more Vaseline.Theres some riding going on at that sale...
Report wildmanfromborneo June 16, 2014 11:07 PM BST
" 1000/1 to have a winner at Royal Ascot "

Paulie has medals for this be it in soccer or racing,no sooner does he pronounce that something can't happen it usually does.

The Stoke thread the most famous,Sizing Europe the most recent.

Lyons already has a Royal Ascot winner and will probably have one tomorrow as well,ground the key.
Report paulie wallnuts June 16, 2014 11:11 PM BST
what are you talking about wilddan......how has lyons had a royal ascot winner already....and whats this nonsense about him having a winner tomorrow.....and the ground the key.....what ground are you on about......
Report GANT007 June 16, 2014 11:16 PM BST
Paulie, I know racing is not your strong point. Elletelle was the horses name and her Galileo colt made 240,000 today.
Report paulie wallnuts June 16, 2014 11:32 PM BST
Gant....I know the English language isn't your strong point.....but I never said Lyons hasn't had a winner at Ascot.....im  saying hes a 1000/1 to have a winner there this year.....the gobshiite and wilddan were trying to equate selling the horse to actually having a winner there.....
With all due respects gant id say I might even have a slight edge over yourself when it comes to racing.....
Report one to note June 16, 2014 11:40 PM BST
300K STG for Bwana ?????
Report GANT007 June 16, 2014 11:48 PM BST
Paulie, you probably have the edge over me with regard to stable gossip. I don't snoop facebook pages and I gave up buying the field.
Report paulie wallnuts June 16, 2014 11:48 PM BST
Its a racket these sales......I know of a person who got over 300k for an animal who after all the hands out finished up with less than half it......still got 50% more than the horse was worth.....so he was happy with his lot.....
Bwana id say is worth about 15k.....if it was still a maiden then it would be an even money chance in bellewstown.....
Report wildmanfromborneo June 17, 2014 12:03 AM BST
" Lyons already has a Royal Ascot winner "

That is a historical statement,Gant understood it but Paulie thinks it refers to the sale of Capella Sansevero it doesn't.

The ground I was on about was the better ground he will encounter today,he won at the Curragh despite hating the ground.
Report kincsem June 17, 2014 4:40 AM BST
I suspect all the posters above are Irish trainers. Laugh
Report RoyalAcademy June 17, 2014 11:05 AM BST
I'm no trainer and I can guess at pauli's deleted opening thread: you normally have useful things to say even if you always seem to have a lemon in your mouth: Lyons has the game by the balls this season and that's some achievement given his opposition. For snap to suggest he's doing well because others are having a quiet spell is risible.

He's an arrogant so-and-so and his wife's money gives him disdain for punters and all the show is for makin' dough.
Report gutfeeling June 17, 2014 12:09 PM BST
Anto Doyle looks a shrewd operator...Sorry I should've said a unemployable gobsh@te, Stupid auto correct.
Report kavvie June 17, 2014 3:14 PM BST
colin would have won on that one!!
Report CheltenhamRoar June 17, 2014 3:21 PM BST
No excuses there,Not good enough,War Envoy on the other hand....
Report frank60 June 17, 2014 4:15 PM BST
Happy
Report insideinfo June 17, 2014 4:52 PM BST
saw the anto doyle post on fb,what a moron the guy is! looks like he thinks he "works out" too LaughLaughLaugh
Report neill d June 18, 2014 12:45 AM BST
one to note • June 16, 2014 11:40 PM BST
300K STG for Bwana ?????

If that is true then I can only imagine that the guy paying doesn't follow Racing that closely. Successful guy, but having his pants taken down big style here. 300k to pick up a maiden somewhere, Has Dawn Approach changed the face of 2yo racing or something as most of these have no life past July. I wonder is it that he will be eligible to run in some big Sales races, even those horses will have improved past him. Well done to Prendegast as he has done a great job for his owner.
Report CheltenhamRoar June 21, 2014 3:30 PM BST
Just heard sean jones been interviewed for the first time,Subtitles needed Laugh
Report by purpose June 21, 2014 9:57 PM BST
Not even the best flat trainer in Meath.
Report paulie wallnuts June 26, 2014 10:02 AM BST
Lyons cribbing that capella sansevero had a hard race in Ascot......implying it was the jockeys fault.....which it may have been.....now suddenly a week later it hasn't left an oat apparently and is on target for the railway stakes....
Well I know many were disappointed that Lyons didn't have a winner at Ascot.....can see fools like the gobshee praying he would have one.....well heres my tuppence worth and that is capella sansevero shouldn't run next weekend.....wont be at his best and will get beat.....hes no flyer anyway and was in no way unlucky at Ascot either.....
Report RoyalAcademy June 26, 2014 10:17 AM BST
paulie, I agree with you mainly but I think there was only one race ever in mind for this horse and that was the six-o-clock at Kensington gardens. It matters not a jot to Lyons from now on if the horse ever wins again so he'll run him whenever and wherever he wishes in the hope that he'll get lucky.

as for Lyons and his jockeys, he's probably the most ruthless practitioner out there today. no loyalty just results-driven and god help CK when the claim is gone.
Report paulie wallnuts June 26, 2014 10:24 AM BST
Short term there is nothing to lose by running him royal academy......but what about long term.....my prediction is that capella never wins another race ever.....
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2014 11:12 AM BST
Capella Sansevero was sold prior to that sale and for a lot less than the 1.3 million figure.

He is for sale from his Naas run onwards,the buyer at the auction happens to be an existing owner of Lyons also happens to be involved in the sales company doing the selling.

They wanted a sales topper in the public mind,this was choreographed.
Report RoyalAcademy June 26, 2014 11:41 AM BST
so therefore you know who the underbidder was on the day Wildman and you will also know their intentions? I'm well versed in choreography and you'll tell me what the horse was bought for?
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2014 11:52 AM BST
There was no under bidder.

Its self evident that this was a private sale but put through the ring to give a boost to the sale and get plenty of publicity.
Report RoyalAcademy June 26, 2014 12:13 PM BST
are all your conspiracy theories based on matters being "self evident"?

in any event - and I beg to strongly differ with you - the fact remains that Lyons' and Jones' "Royal Ascot" was in central London rather than Berkshire a few days later
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2014 12:23 PM BST
Jones and Lyons have a decent horse going to Ascot they want to sell.
Lyons wants to keep training the horse.
They have already in the stable a wealthy owner who is a buyer.
Does anybody seriously believe they never approached this owner,never discussed it with him but just happened to send it to a sale controlled by this same owner.

That's what I mean by self evident.
Report RoyalAcademy June 26, 2014 12:41 PM BST
sure...but Lyons and jones are sellers..always have been always will...

that horse was selling regardless of its new home and if they managed to get Redvers and his bosses on board well....happy days. my point is that the motivation was maximum profit not keeping a precocious 2yo in Glenburnie. Look at all the 2yo's Lyons dispatches annually....he doesn't care as long as he's won maiden or conditions beforehand. when you think about it, selling your best 2yo to your biggest patron rather than the risk-free boat to Hong Kong brings more pressure than they usually have to bear. it will be ironic if paulie's forecast is accurate.
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2014 1:17 PM BST
Maximising profit is also self evident.

You seem to be resiling from your earlier position,the sneering has gone as the penny is beginning to drop.
Report Ozymandius June 26, 2014 1:39 PM BST
are all your conspiracy theories based on matters being "self evident"?

Classic!  Supposition presented as hard cold fact.  And then he wonders why his posts get pulled Laugh
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2014 2:24 PM BST
Your attempts at drumming up support are pathetic.

If you even read the full thread you will see that Royal Academy has come round.

Its not a conspiracy theory its just a reasonable interpretation of the facts,anyone who has ever sold a horse would recognise what went on with Capella Sansevero.
Report RoyalAcademy June 26, 2014 2:27 PM BST
"sneering"................I try to keep my posts civil and mannerly-take the argument where you will, I won't be biting

I won't engage in the slanging match you clearly enjoy. (on a bad day I might say I shouldn't argue with a bigot)
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2014 2:32 PM BST
A brave day you mean.

You have been sniping for a while,even stormed off threatening never to post again naturally that didnt last long.

You have been spotted by Ozymandius as a potential ally so you will have some back up.

If you want to call me names that's okay by me but at least have the courage to do it like a man.
Report paulie wallnuts June 26, 2014 3:00 PM BST
I for once agree with wilddan.....the sale and the price of the horse was a farce.....the horse was sold ages before the sale started.....theres a good chance the Arab parted with 1.3.....but theres also a good chance that the main benefactor wasn't the owner....
Report RoyalAcademy June 26, 2014 3:15 PM BST
jeez wildman, you're something else.

i'll ask my questions again: who was the underbidder (I didn't ask you if he was genuine as obviously there had to be an underbidder) and what was the proper value of the horse? 

paulie, your view doesn't stand up to scrutiny: you accept that moneybags (Lyons pot of gold) may have been relieved of 1.3m and there are a hatful of beneficiaries? that would rank as utter stupidity on behalf of those relying on same moneybags to be in the game for the long haul.

the trainer and agent cannot believe their good fortune and will still risk biting/severing the hand feeding them?-I don't think so! shark-infested waters they may be but some conspiracies make less sense than others.
Report Ozymandius June 26, 2014 3:17 PM BST
On the face of it what he suggest makes sense.

However, it is his ballygobackwards way of announcing it as a definitive fact rather than as a plausible theory that marks him down as a g0bsh1te of the highest order.

It was ever thus.
Report paulie wallnuts June 26, 2014 3:36 PM BST
Royal.....there is no need for the softly softly approach when in all likelihood theres a bigger mug around the corner.....when the lamb has wool then its time to shear.....because if one doesn't.....another will.....
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2014 3:39 PM BST
It was ever thus.

A case is stated in reasonable terms,it is then attacked as preposterous by the usual suspects,then a grim realisation sets in that its true.
This though will not be acknowledge so just throw in a few swear words some gratuitous insults and claim it was the way it was presented was the problem.

Qipco are starting off a sale,they put in the sale a moderate broodmare in foal to Frankel with foal at foot,they are selling her solely to promote the sale.
They have already been alerted to the fact that Lyons and Jones are sellers of Capella Sansevero,they agree to buy him but part of the conditions of the sale is to put him through the ring for publicity purposes,neither Lyons or Jones are naive they know the sale price is a work of fiction.

The bloodstock agents all know each other,none of them would even bother to bid for this beast,the under bidder was the auctioneer or some stooge..

The recently deceased Jimmy Flood famously bought a horse by mistake in Newmarket some years back ( Silver ) when they discovered he hadn't the funds they went frantically looking for the under bidder he famously couldn't be located so the horse was put in at the end of the sale.
It may have been all the agents had gone home but the bid now was one fifth of the original bid I kind of think there was something fishy about the original auction.
Report Ozymandius June 26, 2014 3:50 PM BST
What you said seemed plausible to me right from the beginning.

As with all your theories, your presentation does you a huge disservice and rightly put poeple's backs up.

I try to make allowances for your lack of formal education but on the face of it you appear bright enough to grasp the difference between a plausible theory and a definitive fact and the correct manner in which to preset each accordigly.

I assume the problem originates from your life on the barstool where to present your theories with as much bombast as possible was a way of making them heard and 'interesting' and to 'impress' the gobsh!tes on either side.
Report RoyalAcademy June 26, 2014 3:53 PM BST
you introduced the following words and expressions in the space of a couple of minutes: sneering, pathetic, brave, sniping, stormed off, threatening, courage, do it like a man followed by the most recent outpouring of bilge. you have to laugh but are these the gratuitous insults you refer to?

and..oh!...no less that those uber-mugs in Coolmore bought the Frankel foal (buying their usual "moderate" stock or else they're now catching Qatari fleas?)

remind me how much Sean Jones banked for his share of the colt-you did say didn't you?

anyhow...........sorry but elvis is leaving this particular building
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2014 4:09 PM BST
How long will this storm off last.

Young Magnier paid 1.15 million for a broodmare with her Frankel foal at foot,she is also once again in foal to Frankel.
That's is a purchase of three horses,two of them absolute rarities as very few Frankel foals have come up for sale.
Bearing that in mind the price seems incredibly low to me,the covering fee would have been nearly a quarter of that price,that suggests to me this foal wasn't a looker and there have to be some doubts about the dam.

If anything I would say Magnier got the bargain and this was some kind of loss leader for the vendor.
Report RoyalAcademy June 26, 2014 5:02 PM BST
storm off?

I'm worse to rise to the bait but may I rephrase?  I've had my fill of this argument for now.

Please be like one of my ex-wives and always have the last word..right?.....right!...right?
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2014 5:11 PM BST
Obviously got history in the storming off department.
Report by purpose June 28, 2014 4:45 PM BST
Why not say what your thinking Ted..
Report CheltenhamRoar June 28, 2014 5:09 PM BST
Credit where it's due,paulie has called this one spot on here.
Report Ozymandius June 28, 2014 5:24 PM BST
Paulie knew Cool

you gotta love the man...some Johnny come lately lad had a go at him earlier on here and got the treatment....ended up apologising Grin
Report CheltenhamRoar June 28, 2014 5:27 PM BST
I have a gutfeeling he may be a relation of Barry Connell Grin
Report pa lapsy June 28, 2014 5:51 PM BST
No wonder GF doesn,t post much(fair play for a civil answer Paulie),one of the soundest,most knowledgeable man i ever talked to.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com