Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wildmanfromborneo
19 May 14 16:08
| Topic/replies: 21,252 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
Toe The Line 6.55 Fillies Maiden
She is actually a mare and a bumper winner in Listowel,she was ridden by Derek OConnor that day so as usual came from miles off the pace,this is his preferred way of riding and even more so the septuagenarian John Kiely.
Its also the way Fran Berry likes to ride.
We have a five year old bumper horse taking on flat horses,Go Gentle and Well Hello.
Well Hello finished a mile behind Toe The Line in Gowran but she also finished a mile behind Madam Mo in Tipperary,when they clashed in Sligo Well Hello was an unlucky loser,she lost her action on the bend passing the stands and didnt corner,she still nearly made all.
Go Gentle could be a late developing Dylan Thomas filly,only four so loads more scope for improvement.

I can see Well Hello going from the front and not being caught with maybe a few lads complaining about Toe The Line being held too far off the pace.

Sadlers Risk 8.25 Beginners Chase.
Usually poor races for layers but here we have a flat bred horse in his first chase.
He has only ever won one jumping race,his high rating seems merited on some decent runs in good company most notably at Punchestown but he doesn't win near enough for me and might not be a natural jumper,jockey no longer a plus.

Forever Gold 8.55 Handicap Chase.
Bad race I accept but this fellow is crazy short,he has never won a race of any description.
His current price is based on his second to Easy Vic at Leopardstown,ground was a lot better that day than people realised,its been raining in Roscommon might be slowish ground that's against,is off a six pound higher mark.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 86
By:
callitasucit
When: 19 May 14 16:16
I backed Sadler Risk WMFB. Busty Brown definitely needs to get his toe in(I wouldn't be surprised if he was pulled out again), and the rest are a poor lot. De Bromhead very rarely sends one out unprepared for the task at hand. Granted they are usually more bred for the job than this lad, but I still wouldn't think he would go the chasing route if he wasn't showing an aptitude for it in schooling.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 19 May 14 16:21
Busty Brown should run as there will be cut in the ground.
Silk Hall one that could run well at a big price.

Its a fair point about Henry De Bromhead,a real good trainer in my eyes.
By:
by purpose
When: 19 May 14 16:23
Going@Roscommon Flat soft/heavy NH soft issued at 13.55pm Fancy the Busty lad will be able to get more than his toe in if he faces the starter.
By:
by purpose
When: 19 May 14 16:25
Whatabout Eddie O,Connell are you going to organise a digout Wildman.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 19 May 14 16:26
I thought it would be yielding.

I think Manduros don't like heavy ground can anyone give a more definitive opinion?
By:
gutfeeling
When: 19 May 14 16:44
Cliff House had any amount in hand lto, few winners have come out of the Tipperary race, Taken the 4/1, GL all.
By:
neill d
When: 19 May 14 16:51
German wildman, I thought he'd be okay but ya could be right.
By:
workrider
When: 19 May 14 18:31
Sadlers Risk a lay for me also , I think they might flip flop favs before the night is out....
By:
callitasucit
When: 19 May 14 19:56
Topped up on Saddlers at 3.1!!
By:
roadrunner46
When: 19 May 14 20:31
up against some real donkeys in that race sadlers risk, there was some decent types running in that grade 1 LTO. unlucky
By:
Kriskin
When: 19 May 14 20:33
WD calli.  It hacked up
By:
J.R.Hartley
When: 19 May 14 20:34
Well done Calli....decent trainer...excellent jockey imo.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 19 May 14 20:40
The main donkey he was up against was the opening poster.

Callitasucit backing it was a real red flag but one I ignored.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 19 May 14 20:44
For the benefit of DJ876 I think someone on tilt is going all in laying the last fav at Roscommon.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 19 May 14 20:45
the form was there for you to see, chose to ignore it and go with your theory that you think its possible the horse aint a good jumper.Crazy
By:
dj876
When: 19 May 14 20:46
Andrew Lynch is having a very poor season JR(open to correction but operating at about 7% for last couple of hundred rides) and his outside rides are greatly limited compared to a couple of years ago.He will be fortunate to hold on to his retainer. Best of luck Wildman,hope you get out but tomorrow is another day.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 19 May 14 20:46
yeah whatever Laugh
By:
J.R.Hartley
When: 19 May 14 20:50
De Bromhead's horse's haven't been right all year Dj....and a lot of them want decent ground...starting to hit a bit of form now though....might be worth following for a while.

Andrew's retainer is rock solid tbh.
By:
gutfeeling
When: 19 May 14 20:52
Notebooked when it was with Pipe no doubt, Still chalk up the win lad, Top bombing.
By:
gutfeeling
When: 19 May 14 20:53
And WD Calli, Called it right, Hope you backed it like a man.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 19 May 14 20:58
Impressive stuff from Wildman with one to run Laugh
By:
dj876
When: 19 May 14 21:01
Why did Russell ride Grand Jesture at Fairyhouse in January for Potts when Lynch rode at the meeting?It has not happened since and obviously different styles suit different horses but I still thought it was unusual JR.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 19 May 14 21:01
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Easy money, what a treble, thanks Wildman

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 19 May 14 21:03
Stewards surely but they never kick out favourites in Ireland.
By:
tobywong.
When: 19 May 14 21:03
:D
By:
roadrunner46
When: 19 May 14 21:05
WD WMFB top bombing treble, amazing Laugh
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 19 May 14 21:07
Laying is the hard bit alright especially when you do it before the event.

I have to agree though fairly impressive to notch up the hat trick.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 19 May 14 21:10
wildmanfromborneo
19 May 14 21:07
| Topic/replies: 13,842 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
Laying is the hard bit alright especially when you do it before the event.

Yes totally agree, you're much better suited to doing it after the race has been run Laugh
By:
one last chance
When: 19 May 14 21:11
Ha nice treble that's the way it goes sometimes
By:
J.R.Hartley
When: 19 May 14 21:14
It was Andrew's suggestion Dj...he thought a change of rider might do the horse good,think Andrew finished second on him a few times......one of the reasons why his retainer is safe....Potts and his Wife think the world of him.
By:
one last chance
When: 19 May 14 21:15
Agree jr  about the jockey change on grand jestur
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 19 May 14 21:15
Would have got it back laying that Torcello in Suffolk Downs only for that dreadful sound of a bucket hitting brick.

I genuinely hope no one was put off those winners by my flawed reasoning.

How do bookies survive in Irish racing?
By:
snap crackle and pop
When: 19 May 14 21:21
Had good punt on saddlers, thought bar a fall it would dot up
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 19 May 14 21:31
Fair play to Wildman worried people may have put people off a horse that won at 11/8 after being a morning price of 11/4, hmm don't think there is any need to be worried about that one Wildman !
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 19 May 14 21:35
Leave him alone rocket will ya, no need to kick the man when he's down.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 19 May 14 21:49
Ok Irish but he's not just down he's flat out cold and in the back of an ambulance.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 19 May 14 22:09
Well done Gutfeeling and Callit.
After a golf bet that lasted 30 seconds and two shorties well stuffed yesterday,afraid of my life to open my mouth today,hope the damage isn,t that bad Wildman but think it is.
Disappointing reactions by a few people on here,not really conducive for anyone to put their thoughts up on the forum.
By:
snap crackle and pop
When: 19 May 14 22:16
Agree with pa, no need to kick a lad when he's down. He made his points and took his chances, we've all been there
By:
workrider
When: 19 May 14 22:22
Sadlers won in a hack , well done winners , money came for Meades doubt its the horse it once promised to be ...Wildmanfromborneo put his cards on the table and lost , sadly the gloaters are having a field day ..People who bet like men are few and far between ...
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com