Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paulie wallnuts
16 May 14 19:54
| Topic/replies: 4,990 | Blogger: paulie wallnuts's blog
Fairly ordinary rider who rides like a heap of jocks.....without a brain.....rarely if ever makes the running.....and is usually out the back ......and comes with the inevitable late finish which is nearly always too late.....
Rides the next favourite and it hasn't much to beat......but foley is a negative......as he tends to complicate matters.....
Pause Switch to Standard View Shane Foley......not a whole pile...
Show More
Report pa lapsy May 16, 2014 7:55 PM BST
Fair Fooks to Fran though.
Report paulie wallnuts May 16, 2014 8:04 PM BST
Fran can like most jocks steer one......he won on a horse with plenty in hand.....he gets plenty of those beaten too.....
Report pa lapsy May 16, 2014 8:19 PM BST
Intelligent ride by him there in fairness on a moody one.
Report J.R.Hartley May 16, 2014 8:46 PM BST
I don't think Paulie's going to agree with you Pa Laugh....your're supposed to slate jockeys on here not praise them ffs....
Report pa lapsy May 16, 2014 8:51 PM BST
No point in slagging them really J R (i have,but hate doing it unless its shocking), your bobs are gone,works in your favour as well over time.
Report J.R.Hartley May 16, 2014 9:00 PM BST
They all make mistakes Pa...what can you do...as they say...the man that never made a mistake.....

Nice front running ride by Foley earlier too btw.....Shocked
Report The Gotchee May 16, 2014 10:41 PM BST
Yet, another clanger by paulie.Shocked Not the sharpest tool in the box............ but still a tool.
Report paulie wallnuts May 17, 2014 10:30 AM BST
The smiley face is always a giveaway.....particularly the ones that use them when they aren't even appropriate.....the gobber and jr seem to have formed an alliance.......a marriage made in heaven .......
jr the spokesman for HRI.....and the gobber the spokesman for.....tipping ew losers.....
Report paulie wallnuts May 19, 2014 6:05 PM BST
Shane just touched off in the first.....a bit unlucky.......would have been some ride if he had won by a nose......
Report by purpose May 19, 2014 6:29 PM BST
Fran just fails to get there.
Report paulie wallnuts May 19, 2014 6:33 PM BST
yes a bit unlucky again there.......made good late headway....was so wide it nearly jumped a fence.....and as usual gave the ones that counted first run....
Report J.R.Hartley May 19, 2014 7:23 PM BST
Good man Paulie....going easy on the 'worst ride of the season statements'...very wise imo....Wink
Report tocky junior May 20, 2014 11:00 PM BST
Best young jockey in ireland absoulty gifted....used by all top trainers....horses run for him too which is something which cant b thought
Report Bigwillystyle May 20, 2014 11:51 PM BST
What top trainers? We know he is used by Halford(who I wouldn't consider a top trainer). Top trainers in Ireland would be O'Brien,Weld and Bolger and don't see them using him! Average jockey.
Report tocky junior May 22, 2014 9:28 PM BST
O brien, weld & bolger have stable jockeys u dope & no 2 jocks in der yards. Halford, lynam,ken condon, marane,jessie to name a few. \rides big break in guinneas sat too. Top 5 last two years 25yrs of age.
Report by purpose June 25, 2014 9:07 PM BST
Manages to lose another close one.....
Report workrider June 25, 2014 10:14 PM BST
Shane did nothing wrong there , beaten by a better horse on the day ...Did everything possible to win ...Don't blame the jockey for YOUR bad judgement ...
Report paulie wallnuts June 26, 2014 9:29 AM BST
Foley loses races by failing to keep things simple.....the trademark hold up tactics.....the almost constant refusal to make the running.....the ability to find traffic problems more than most.....and also the need to change his whip 6 times in the last furlong when theres no need most of the time.....hes a look at me rider..... a bit like paul carberry.....what they attempt looks good if it comes off ......the fact that it comes off about 1 in 20 seems irrelevant....
Wonks the race last night wasn't lost in the finish......it was lost at the start.....there were only 2 counted in the race beforehand.....the place to be last night as any fool could see.....was in front and on the rail.....joseph took that option....while little shane gave it a swerve.....
its easy to see why halford is having a poor year .....winners are proving hard to come by.....and with shaney aboard then its unlikely that he will get many if any that he shouldn't......
The criminal thing is  Foley could be so much better.....because he can ride much better than most.....but a bit like Jamie Spencer his ego and lack of brainpower is getting in the way......
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2014 11:18 AM BST
Far far more races are lost at the start than at the finish.

Lots just review the finish of races for time purposes but the start is more important in every way.
Report tocky junior June 26, 2014 11:25 AM BST
Horse got and hit front 100 yards from line just got outbattled no way it was jockey error on this one...joe was 1lb over so should of won a bit easier
Report wildmanfromborneo June 26, 2014 11:29 AM BST
You could not bet the odds on that Tocky Junior would miss the points made,the race was lost at the start.
Report RoyalAcademy June 26, 2014 12:33 PM BST
its hard to equate halford's current bad run with anything other than history. His strike-rate over 27 years is just over 7% so today's 4% is where he has been before.

you'd need to be Solomon to blame Foley for last night's defeat. He did give the pace and rail to Joseph but came to win his race, took the lead and was headed again on the line. Maybe people are guilty of arrogance/pig-headedness/stubbornness but any jockey will have many critics/observers much closer to him that the irish forum so its inconceivable his rides are not critically dissected on a regular basis by those paying the piper?
Report workrider June 26, 2014 3:38 PM BST
Well said Royal , nothing more blind than him that can see , but wont...
Report Bigwillystyle June 26, 2014 3:49 PM BST
I dont like Foley or Halford.  Every second horse of Halfords seems to be punted.  He comes across as a fella who fancies his horses every time they run and hasn't a clue.
As for the jockey.  He looked to me to be playing to the cameras last night and for the last 6 months.  As was said above he is constantly changing his whip in the last furlong when there is no need and was as weak as kitten in the finish lat night.
Report workrider June 26, 2014 4:00 PM BST
Willy ffs stop , I'm not Shanes greatest fan , but surely you cant blame him for last night's defeat , he was just done on the line ..He rode a horse for a friend of mine last week and got done on the line as well , no blame could be attached to him then either ..Nobody came on here and shouted well done when he won a sh last week ,its a confidence think atm , we all go through them as punters , jockeys are no different ..If you think Halford punts then you are way off the mark again ..I can tell you for definite he DOESN'T ....
Report Bigwillystyle June 26, 2014 4:19 PM BST
Dont like the guy as a jockey.  Had no financial interest last night either.  Dont think he is all that good. 
As for Halford i never said he punted but the money that constantly comes for his horses.... well he is obviously telling the owners what they want to hear...I can't get that picture of him licking his ice cream out of me head whenever i see his name.Laugh
Would advise anyone to lay his horses in Dundalk.  Always about 2 points under what they should be.
Report by purpose July 7, 2014 8:37 PM BST
Just a thought for you.Try riding the horse handy sometime and not giving them 10lts of a start.Dabadiyan.......
Report paulie wallnuts July 7, 2014 8:48 PM BST
wouldnt allow himself...wanted to use his turn of foot...what a pleb...
Report BJG July 7, 2014 9:26 PM BST
Said the exact same the second they jumped off - staggering to ride him from the back

Horse wins 3 races last summer at this trip on this ground wen racing handy but nope - we'll give em 10l here from the start
Report by purpose July 9, 2014 3:00 PM BST
Wish i knew what your gonna do on Sea Coast tonight.
Report by purpose July 11, 2014 6:14 PM BST
Fair performance there Shane.You would find trouble in a monastery.
Report by purpose July 26, 2014 5:15 PM BST
Having a Hamlet..
Report by purpose August 6, 2014 5:40 PM BST
Hard to believe a 7lb claimer is by far the best rider in Halfords yard.
Report carrot1960 August 11, 2014 2:59 PM BST
interesting ride on could should would 3-05 curragh sunday held up last came through nicely to finish on the heels of the placed horses with his stable mate clear
Report paulie wallnuts August 20, 2014 6:49 PM BST
Watched this fella on Rockview Emperor in a race last night in Sligo......now braindead doesn't even come close.....if he was my horse he'd never ride it again.....noy that id put him up in the first place if I did own one.....
Just watched him on mizzava there against brooch....now it more than likely wouldn't have won.....but it was given no chance.....came away from stalls fine.....and then yanked back to last.....its mind boggling....
Report workrider August 20, 2014 7:35 PM BST
FFS Paulie give it a break...
Report paulie wallnuts August 20, 2014 7:58 PM BST
What are you on about wonks........go and look at the races before you start talking thru yer hole......ya gobbshiite ya....
Report kavvie August 20, 2014 8:10 PM BST
why so cross paulie?
Report paulie wallnuts August 20, 2014 8:20 PM BST
I don't see why the wonkatonk is coming in with this give it a break ffs Shiite.....as if its me who speaks nonsense on a continual basis on here.....this is a man who laid a horse today because the trainer said it wasn't fit on the paper.....this is a man who goes to the paddock and doesn't spot a horses tool hopping off the ground.....
i don't see anything wrong with alerting people that don't watch racing regularly .....about a rider who is tactically inept......
Report snorlax August 20, 2014 9:15 PM BST
I remember reading this back and thinking,what a tool this lad is,Foley's one of the best young jockeys in Ireland but over the last month or so i'm beginning to agree with you,he's Spencer-esque these days. I had Rockview emperor bcked win and place last night and was very disappointed with the ride,check his previous ride on the horse as well and it was pretty poor too.
Report workrider August 20, 2014 9:18 PM BST
Paulie , how in the name of God could anyone never mind you judge the horse on what we saw on tv ...AOB even said AFTER the race he was coming for in his words, A RACECOURSE GALLOP ..A horse going to post is a far cry from a close up ..You have an agenda about Shane , yet when the bold Davy was doing the business for ya , you defended him to the last ..Shut your mouth ya clown ya...
Report Ozymandius August 20, 2014 9:24 PM BST
Do you not have CH 4 Wonks?  No end of of close ups in the build up from every angle,Emma Spence even commented how impressed she was with his horsehood at one point.
Report paulie wallnuts August 20, 2014 9:26 PM BST
What are you talking about ya imbecile....agenda about shane my hole.....I have no agenda about anyone.....if I think he hasn't a brain in his head and rides accordingly.....then I don't see why it shouldn't be said.....anybody can make a mistake from time to time.....but not 3 or 4 times a day....every day of the week...
Pat Smullen is a world class rider who wins plenty of races others wouldn't.....although there are tools on here who will tell ya the  jockey doesn't matter.....well wonks the jockey does matter and matters a lot.....maybe Halford doesn't realise it or johnny murtagh either.....but they should.....
Report Ozymandius August 20, 2014 9:26 PM BST
Not to mention Michael Stoute confirming what all us judges could see; he was plenty fit enough.
Report workrider August 20, 2014 9:29 PM BST
Of course I do Norman , Emma would be interested in his horsehood alright ...Laugh...Guess AOB is not a very  paddock watcher then , considering he said it would need the run ,yourself and mad Paulie should drop down to Coolmore I'm sure Aiden could do with your help around the place , put him wide like , know what I mean...Cool
Report workrider August 20, 2014 9:30 PM BST
I'll just say this to ya MAD PAULIE ...VERY WOOD Navan ...
Report paulie wallnuts August 20, 2014 9:36 PM BST
Ya that was unreal wonks......how did the Albert Bartlett winner not win against a horse that finished 6th in the county hurdle over 2M......yes 2M....everybody knows he is a real speed horse....and the fact that he jumped right at every hurdle should have been no trouble....
I'll just say this to ya Wonks.......GET INTO BED YA FOOL YA......
Report Ozymandius August 20, 2014 9:39 PM BST
Could do with a run is very different from not capable of winning.  Plenty fit enough as was confirmed by several experts eyes.
Report workrider August 20, 2014 9:40 PM BST
Davy was in somebody's bed alright , nice little few bob earned as well ..Night night Mad Paulie....
Report paulie wallnuts August 20, 2014 9:42 PM BST
Nice few bob earned for anybody who recognised that a 3 miler was going to be vulnerable in a small field over 2 miles....
Report workrider August 20, 2014 9:42 PM BST
Norman no better eye than Aidens , he lives and breaths the horse , so what would HE know eh...Get yourself and Mad Paulie down there asap and give the man a hand...
Report workrider August 20, 2014 9:44 PM BST
Mad Paulie , not the first time Davy would have done the dastardly eh ?
Report Ozymandius August 20, 2014 9:48 PM BST
Wonks,

why do you go head to head with people on here?  You have neither the verbal nor mental dexterity to ever come out ahead.

Is it small man syndrome? The need to have a go?

At your age, its time you mellowed and started behaving like a gentleman on here, like, say for example frankalsoran60.  Composed, respectful and respected.
Report workrider August 20, 2014 10:25 PM BST
Norman , sadly you think your ego is you , all you have is your socalled intelligence , or if you prefer Knowledge , a gathering of facts and figures ..You have a huge need to be thought of as  highly intelligent by your fellow formites , its all ego feeding , there is little substance to what you deem  modern thinking , you think that because its modern that its right ..You also believe that putting yourself up as a Champion of the business world that people believe your bull ..Since you've been on here you've tried to cause trouble , something you now try to switch to me , ironic or what ...You would have us you are Superman ..Lets have a look at the idea of Superman ..The idea of superman is closely connected with the problem of time and eternity , with the Riddle of the Sphinx .In this lie its attraction and its danger : this is why it so strongly affects the souls of men...As was pointed out before , modern psychology does not realise the immense danger of certain themes , ideas and questions .Even in primitive philosophy when men divided ideas into divine and human , they understood better the existence of different orders of ideas .Modern thought does not recognise this at all.EXISTING PSYCHOLOGY AND THE THEORY OF KNOWLEDGE DO NOT TEACH PEOPLE TO DISCRIMINATE BETWEEN DIFFERENT ORDERS OF IDEAS , nor point out that some ideas are very dangerous and cannot be approached without long and complicated preparation .This occurs because modren psychology generally does not take into consideration the reality of ideas , does not understand this reality .To a modern mind ideas are n abstraction from facts ; in our eyes ideas have no existence of themselves.That is why we get so badly burned when we touch certain ideas .For us " facts " ' which do not exist , are real , and ideas , which alone exist , are unreal...Night and God bless...
Report Ozymandius August 20, 2014 10:33 PM BST
Can somebody please ready an emergency bed in the asylum?

#fruitckae
#offtherails
Report slickster August 20, 2014 10:35 PM BST
Is he quoting Shakespeare or what?
Report workrider August 20, 2014 10:38 PM BST
Pity is you don't understand it , now superman ,try some of your Knowledge on it  , its not to hard to work out if you look beneath the surface  ...I'm sure with your love of debate you can see how even a mild interpretation of this will let you have a look inside your tiny mind...
Report Ozymandius August 20, 2014 10:40 PM BST
He just copied and pasted a whole block of irrelevant text from 'A New Model of the Universe'  By Petr Demʹi︠a︡novich .

Naturally no attribution.

As if anyone would ever believe he came up with that!  "....brilliant...Laugh.."  are what we have come to expect from him.   What a dumb f*ck.
Report workrider August 20, 2014 10:40 PM BST
Thickster now joins the debate , now THIS should be fun , looking forward to some laughs to start my day tomorrow ...Shakespeare , now even Norman know William would never use those words...Laugh
Report workrider August 20, 2014 10:41 PM BST
OUSPENSKY ...Norman ..
Report Ozymandius August 20, 2014 10:45 PM BST
For a minute thee, we all assumed you had had a turn and came to with a brain of your own.
Report workrider August 20, 2014 10:45 PM BST
Norman enlighten us ,whats on page 13 ...?
Report workrider August 20, 2014 10:47 PM BST
Maybe we could read a few pages to each other , starting on page 73 , or did you just happen to bring it up on the internet ...
Report Ozymandius August 20, 2014 10:49 PM BST
You mean you sat and typed out that passage?
Report tobywong. August 20, 2014 10:50 PM BST
he has lost his fkn marbles , again LaughLaughLaughCrazy
Report workrider August 20, 2014 10:50 PM BST
Well I have the book , so why not , you know us poor oldies are very poor networkers..
Report workrider August 20, 2014 10:51 PM BST
Toby thinks its a crime thriller ....Laugh..
Report Ozymandius August 20, 2014 10:54 PM BST
It's really you, Wonks;

Foremost occultist analyzes certain older schools of thought, of both East and West, connects them with modern ideas and explains them in the light of 20th-century discoveries and speculations in physics and philosophy. Fascinating discussions of relativity, the fourth dimension, Christian symbolism, the tarot, yoga, dreams and more. Stimulating and thought-provoking.

Did you think it was a Western, or was there limited selection in the Mobile Library this week?
Report slickster August 20, 2014 10:58 PM BST
Wonk in an argumentative mood tonight. Has obviously not been medicated...
Report workrider August 20, 2014 10:58 PM BST
I have owned that book for many years Norman , I have a deep interest in many things contained therein...
Report workrider August 20, 2014 11:01 PM BST
See where you're coming from there ,Laugh re cowboy book ..of both East and West,
Report slickster August 20, 2014 11:03 PM BST
Get away from the sherry wonks ffs.
Report Ozymandius August 20, 2014 11:03 PM BST
He's very unsettled at the moment, Slickster.

His daughter's Iranian beau has moved in.  The headboard of the bed is going like a steam train, the shower plughole is blocked, and she has adopted the burkha.

It's no wonder he is seeking philosphocal comfort.
Report workrider August 20, 2014 11:06 PM BST
And here I was giving you an opportunity to engage in some enlightened debate , more fool me...Night , enjoy the wonderful ramblings of the dumbest bookie on the planet , have a look at his prices on THE OTHER THREAD...ENJOY THE COMPANY..
Report slickster August 20, 2014 11:08 PM BST
Prices you couldn't even DREAM of compiling ya senile old hippo Grin
Report workrider August 20, 2014 11:10 PM BST
Thickster can you introduce yourself to me at Leopardstown , your fail safe method would save me a fortune ....Laugh
Report Ozymandius August 20, 2014 11:10 PM BST
Wonks, thank your lucky stars we are a compassionate bunch and stop short of pushing you off the edge.

Night now.
Report workrider August 20, 2014 11:12 PM BST
Norman , between you and Mad  Paulie and now Toby and  Thickster , I think the forum is safely in the hands of the lunatics....Night night...
Report slickster August 20, 2014 11:14 PM BST
Ya just couldn't make this guy up could ya?
Report slickster August 20, 2014 11:23 PM BST
Think wonks has fallen down the toilet Grin
Report carrot1960 August 23, 2014 4:55 PM BST
could should would  looked like it would repay its gentle intro in the 2.00 today , traded at 3.15 and 1.11 to place ,if only hayes had been able to hang on a bit longer before making his move who knows
Report wildmanfromborneo August 24, 2014 11:14 PM BST
When Tocky Junior was singing the praises of Shane Foley you knew there was something wrong.

He has become one dimensional as a rider,is now always off the pace and was pretty poor today in the Curragh.

He won on Raydara in the Debutante Stakes but 'twas the filly got him out of trouble,again out the back deliberately,if Lucida was able the race would have been over but he got Raydara running and she flew down the outside to win.
Some were telling me,great ride but I can't agree.

Why Joe Murphy risked him on Vert De Grece is a mystery,again he jumped him out last,horse didnt seem to run for him although he might want more cut but stayed on well.

The Leger trial was the same except this time he had a partner in crime,loafing round out the back spotting Leading Light a good six lengths not a good idea,Dabadiyan not good enough but was never going to win from where he had him.

Sindarban did break and couldn't be last as some of the dross or the non triers were there but he still trailed Adjusted and was caught flat footed when he kicked,again would never have won.
Report paulie wallnuts August 24, 2014 11:45 PM BST
Dan..... The killing thing is Foley could be so much better because he has the upper body strength as well as being able to ride.....but it's anybody's guess as to what he will do in any particular race....thought he was good on a few horses this weekend .... Even raydara who was ridden from the back wasn't that far behind and got a clean run down the outside....he rode hassnour well in fairness ..... But the ride on newsletter defied all logic.... In a 5f race he gave the second fav an 8 length start and the fav about 5 .....it was truly incredible ....there is no way sole power would have won from the position newsletter was in after a furlong....
Report tocky junior August 29, 2014 11:55 PM BST
The one bad ride he gave at the curragh was rushing russian soul up with the pace and he never ran his race...horse always held up and always in the money...dopes  who want every thing to be rode up with the pace must of got to the owner. Drilling horses early and den saying "no excuses" is pure punter talk...if u every owned horses this might dawn on ye...jockeys ride for good of horse/owner not punters...joe murphy  2yr old perfect example horse given chance to find his feet at group level and finishes well to b 2nd lookin green....could not be better for selling
Report gutfeeling August 30, 2014 3:01 PM BST
If he wasn't riding to orders he'd not be getting booked again given the amount of "Poor" rides he gives horses.
Report carrot1960 September 8, 2014 5:51 PM BST
looks like the tender ride 1st time up from foley paid dividends , same rules should apply for the ride on standinthesunlight ridden by gary carroll
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com