Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
paulie wallnuts
16 May 14 19:54
| Topic/replies: 3,239 | Blogger: paulie wallnuts's blog
Fairly ordinary rider who rides like a heap of jocks.....without a brain.....rarely if ever makes the running.....and is usually out the back ......and comes with the inevitable late finish which is nearly always too late.....
Rides the next favourite and it hasn't much to beat......but foley is a negative......as he tends to complicate matters.....

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 86
By:
pa lapsy
When: 16 May 14 19:55
Fair Fooks to Fran though.
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 16 May 14 20:04
Fran can like most jocks steer one......he won on a horse with plenty in hand.....he gets plenty of those beaten too.....
By:
pa lapsy
When: 16 May 14 20:19
Intelligent ride by him there in fairness on a moody one.
By:
J.R.Hartley
When: 16 May 14 20:46
I don't think Paulie's going to agree with you Pa Laugh....your're supposed to slate jockeys on here not praise them ffs....
By:
pa lapsy
When: 16 May 14 20:51
No point in slagging them really J R (i have,but hate doing it unless its shocking), your bobs are gone,works in your favour as well over time.
By:
J.R.Hartley
When: 16 May 14 21:00
They all make mistakes Pa...what can you do...as they say...the man that never made a mistake.....

Nice front running ride by Foley earlier too btw.....Shocked
By:
The Gotchee
When: 16 May 14 22:41
Yet, another clanger by paulie.Shocked Not the sharpest tool in the box............ but still a tool.
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 17 May 14 10:30
The smiley face is always a giveaway.....particularly the ones that use them when they aren't even appropriate.....the gobber and jr seem to have formed an alliance.......a marriage made in heaven .......
jr the spokesman for HRI.....and the gobber the spokesman for.....tipping ew losers.....
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 19 May 14 18:05
Shane just touched off in the first.....a bit unlucky.......would have been some ride if he had won by a nose......
By:
by purpose
When: 19 May 14 18:29
Fran just fails to get there.
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 19 May 14 18:33
yes a bit unlucky again there.......made good late headway....was so wide it nearly jumped a fence.....and as usual gave the ones that counted first run....
By:
J.R.Hartley
When: 19 May 14 19:23
Good man Paulie....going easy on the 'worst ride of the season statements'...very wise imo....Wink
By:
tocky junior
When: 20 May 14 23:00
Best young jockey in ireland absoulty gifted....used by all top trainers....horses run for him too which is something which cant b thought
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 20 May 14 23:51
What top trainers? We know he is used by Halford(who I wouldn't consider a top trainer). Top trainers in Ireland would be O'Brien,Weld and Bolger and don't see them using him! Average jockey.
By:
tocky junior
When: 22 May 14 21:28
O brien, weld & bolger have stable jockeys u dope & no 2 jocks in der yards. Halford, lynam,ken condon, marane,jessie to name a few. \rides big break in guinneas sat too. Top 5 last two years 25yrs of age.
By:
by purpose
When: 25 Jun 14 21:07
Manages to lose another close one.....
By:
workrider
When: 25 Jun 14 22:14
Shane did nothing wrong there , beaten by a better horse on the day ...Did everything possible to win ...Don't blame the jockey for YOUR bad judgement ...
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 26 Jun 14 09:29
Foley loses races by failing to keep things simple.....the trademark hold up tactics.....the almost constant refusal to make the running.....the ability to find traffic problems more than most.....and also the need to change his whip 6 times in the last furlong when theres no need most of the time.....hes a look at me rider..... a bit like paul carberry.....what they attempt looks good if it comes off ......the fact that it comes off about 1 in 20 seems irrelevant....
Wonks the race last night wasn't lost in the finish......it was lost at the start.....there were only 2 counted in the race beforehand.....the place to be last night as any fool could see.....was in front and on the rail.....joseph took that option....while little shane gave it a swerve.....
its easy to see why halford is having a poor year .....winners are proving hard to come by.....and with shaney aboard then its unlikely that he will get many if any that he shouldn't......
The criminal thing is  Foley could be so much better.....because he can ride much better than most.....but a bit like Jamie Spencer his ego and lack of brainpower is getting in the way......
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 26 Jun 14 11:18
Far far more races are lost at the start than at the finish.

Lots just review the finish of races for time purposes but the start is more important in every way.
By:
tocky junior
When: 26 Jun 14 11:25
Horse got and hit front 100 yards from line just got outbattled no way it was jockey error on this one...joe was 1lb over so should of won a bit easier
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 26 Jun 14 11:29
You could not bet the odds on that Tocky Junior would miss the points made,the race was lost at the start.
By:
RoyalAcademy
When: 26 Jun 14 12:33
its hard to equate halford's current bad run with anything other than history. His strike-rate over 27 years is just over 7% so today's 4% is where he has been before.

you'd need to be Solomon to blame Foley for last night's defeat. He did give the pace and rail to Joseph but came to win his race, took the lead and was headed again on the line. Maybe people are guilty of arrogance/pig-headedness/stubbornness but any jockey will have many critics/observers much closer to him that the irish forum so its inconceivable his rides are not critically dissected on a regular basis by those paying the piper?
By:
workrider
When: 26 Jun 14 15:38
Well said Royal , nothing more blind than him that can see , but wont...
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 26 Jun 14 15:49
I dont like Foley or Halford.  Every second horse of Halfords seems to be punted.  He comes across as a fella who fancies his horses every time they run and hasn't a clue.
As for the jockey.  He looked to me to be playing to the cameras last night and for the last 6 months.  As was said above he is constantly changing his whip in the last furlong when there is no need and was as weak as kitten in the finish lat night.
By:
workrider
When: 26 Jun 14 16:00
Willy ffs stop , I'm not Shanes greatest fan , but surely you cant blame him for last night's defeat , he was just done on the line ..He rode a horse for a friend of mine last week and got done on the line as well , no blame could be attached to him then either ..Nobody came on here and shouted well done when he won a sh last week ,its a confidence think atm , we all go through them as punters , jockeys are no different ..If you think Halford punts then you are way off the mark again ..I can tell you for definite he DOESN'T ....
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 26 Jun 14 16:19
Dont like the guy as a jockey.  Had no financial interest last night either.  Dont think he is all that good. 
As for Halford i never said he punted but the money that constantly comes for his horses.... well he is obviously telling the owners what they want to hear...I can't get that picture of him licking his ice cream out of me head whenever i see his name.Laugh
Would advise anyone to lay his horses in Dundalk.  Always about 2 points under what they should be.
By:
by purpose
When: 07 Jul 14 20:37
Just a thought for you.Try riding the horse handy sometime and not giving them 10lts of a start.Dabadiyan.......
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 07 Jul 14 20:48
wouldnt allow himself...wanted to use his turn of foot...what a pleb...
By:
BJG
When: 07 Jul 14 21:26
Said the exact same the second they jumped off - staggering to ride him from the back

Horse wins 3 races last summer at this trip on this ground wen racing handy but nope - we'll give em 10l here from the start
By:
by purpose
When: 09 Jul 14 15:00
Wish i knew what your gonna do on Sea Coast tonight.
By:
by purpose
When: 11 Jul 14 18:14
Fair performance there Shane.You would find trouble in a monastery.
By:
by purpose
When: 26 Jul 14 17:15
Having a Hamlet..
By:
by purpose
When: 06 Aug 14 17:40
Hard to believe a 7lb claimer is by far the best rider in Halfords yard.
By:
carrot1960
When: 11 Aug 14 14:59
interesting ride on could should would 3-05 curragh sunday held up last came through nicely to finish on the heels of the placed horses with his stable mate clear
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 20 Aug 14 18:49
Watched this fella on Rockview Emperor in a race last night in Sligo......now braindead doesn't even come close.....if he was my horse he'd never ride it again.....noy that id put him up in the first place if I did own one.....
Just watched him on mizzava there against brooch....now it more than likely wouldn't have won.....but it was given no chance.....came away from stalls fine.....and then yanked back to last.....its mind boggling....
By:
workrider
When: 20 Aug 14 19:35
FFS Paulie give it a break...
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 20 Aug 14 19:58
What are you on about wonks........go and look at the races before you start talking thru yer hole......ya gobbshiite ya....
By:
kavvie
When: 20 Aug 14 20:10
why so cross paulie?
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 20 Aug 14 20:20
I don't see why the wonkatonk is coming in with this give it a break ffs Shiite.....as if its me who speaks nonsense on a continual basis on here.....this is a man who laid a horse today because the trainer said it wasn't fit on the paper.....this is a man who goes to the paddock and doesn't spot a horses tool hopping off the ground.....
i don't see anything wrong with alerting people that don't watch racing regularly .....about a rider who is tactically inept......
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com