Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frankalsoran60
07 Apr 14 17:25
| Topic/replies: 1,462 | Blogger: frankalsoran60's blog
I  was trawling around some of the bookies today and here are some of the so called specials which are on offer, Laddies money back if a European  golfer wins the masters, Boyles are offering money back if your golfer finishes 2nd or 3rd including ties,... 25/1 henrik Stenson with this offer seems a fair bet, one i like with laddies is john huh 25/1 to be in the top 10.   ..i will leave the expert write up to Callit who is a lot more Knowledgeable then myself.   good luck with you bets lads.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 13  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 513
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 07 Apr 14 17:31
THE IRISH TIMES are running a free Fantasy golf with 20k up for grabs ,just go to fantasy golf irish times for details, the Competition starts on THURSDAY with the Masters.
By:
Kelly
When: 07 Apr 14 17:35
I always like punting on the Masters , partly because there are only effectively 70 runners when you take out the oldies and amateurs etc . With injuries and wobbles a plenty around , I am coming to the view that this might be Rory's year .  He is better value now than he was a month ago , despite Tigers withdrawal .  11/1 might be a good price in hindsight .
By:
The Gotchee
When: 07 Apr 14 17:57
I like a punt on the Masters where course form is most important. I have identified 5 players who I will be punting for a top 20 finish, Each way and outright.

KJ CHOI 150/1
TREVOR IMMELMANN 200/1
FRED COUPLES 175/1
SERGIO 25/1
Miguel Angel Jiminez  300/1

There is money to be made on these lads.
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 07 Apr 14 17:58
Iagree Kelly, have a look at some of the smaller markets [top ten and so on] there can be good value to be had on your favs if you look up oddcheecker.
By:
huddys
When: 07 Apr 14 19:43
One of the best sporting events of the year cant wait as said already bring it on,ive gone for 5 e/w selections done really fancy any of the top 5 in the market,hope that statement dosen't come back to haunt me.all my selection are done with powers with thempaying 6 places,
1st selection Zach Johnson think at 33/1 is too big a price,very solid tee to green player,and at the masters this is what you need,really think the 33/1 is a huge e/w price,i would have him priced up myself around 20/1-25/1.
2nd Selection Patrick Reed 55/1 e/w a huge price for a guy who has won 3 event in his last 14 or 15 tournaments,another reason ive gone for Reed he's a local and has won alot of junior events at Augusta in the past,
3rd selection is Louis Oostuhzien 70/1 a guy who also has very good course form,and with abit of luck he could of won here two years ago,just think at 70/1 is a great e/w bet,
4th selection Trevour Immelman 150/1 past winner here so will know what it takes to win a Master which is a huge advantage,has had a quiet enough season,been abit in and out one good round then a bad round,just think hes worth a few quid at the price,
5th and final selection is Olsean at 125/1, had a remarkable tournament last year in his 1st outing in the Master,after a 1st round of 78 you would of taugh he would of missed the cut,he battled back in great fashion to finish a joint 6th place,
Will do a Trixie aswell for topplayer from3 countries haven't made mymind up yet,

1st selection Zach Johnson 33/1 e/w,
2nd selection Patrick Reed 55/1 e/w,
3rd selection Louis Oostuizen 70/1 e/w,
4th selection Trevour Immelman 150/1 e/w
5th selection Olsean 125/1 e/w,

Hopefully get a good run for my money this week the golf hasn't been good to me the last weeks,
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 07 Apr 14 19:52
Just two hours of practice was possible on Monday before players, and thousands of disappointed spectators, were forced to leave Augusta National due to an approaching thunderstorm.
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 07 Apr 14 19:58
One bet, if he putt's well ( a huge if I know) , he wins. Lee Westwood 50/1. Will then maybe have a another bet after round 1. Great tv  it is, its worth the sky subscription for the year nearly or at least the main reason to have sky.
By:
Fayzer
When: 07 Apr 14 20:51
Westwood hasn't the bottle
By:
snap crackle and pop
When: 07 Apr 14 20:53
Don't really follow the golf but like a punt on the masters, was told Bret Snedeker and Karl Schwarzel would both be worth a few quid, any views?
By:
Fayzer
When: 08 Apr 14 08:58
I have gone with Dustin @ 30 / reed @ 60  / Mcdowell @ 70......All on here with a view to trading please god. A combination of decent form this year and good previous efforts (except of course reed who is a debutant but he grew up in Augusta and knows course inside out)....also with 3 pga wins from 14 efforts....Reed looks like one of the more likely debutant to follow fuzzy and win first time up
By:
newapproach
When: 08 Apr 14 10:47
Can't wait for thursday, hopefully will be a cracking week. 5 e/w picks for me this week.

Phil Mickelson 14/1
Record here needs no explanation. Warmed up nicely last few weeks including T12 last week @ Houston.

Sergio Garcia 25/1
Has shown more maturity the last 12 months imo and if he is ever going to win a major, it will be this year. Has finished top 10 and top 20 here last two years and sure to go well after good showing last week in Texas.

Justin Rose 33/1
Hasn't started the year in great form but you get the impression he has been just warming up for the majors having shown sprinklings of quality in different tournamnets. Nevere missed a cut here in 8 appearances and has some strong form @ Augusta.

Ian Poulter 66/1
Another player who gives the impression that their season has been geared towards the majors. Strong course record having finished top 25 6 times from 9 appearances

Nick Watney 125/1
Has shown a bit of life this year after a terrible 2013. Very strong record here with 4 top 20 finishes.

Good luck with your picks.
By:
newapproach
When: 08 Apr 14 11:00
Forgot to add one more selection:

K.J. Choi 125/1
Was playing quite well earlier before form tapered off. Has very good record here ever the years including 3 top 10 finishes.
By:
tony57
When: 08 Apr 14 11:08
im not a golf better..but I do like the game I just thought I,d pass on that the guy who posts on sbbcolumns.co.uk/golf...has a decent record were tipping winners worth a look..
By:
callitasucit
When: 08 Apr 14 13:18
The wait is nearly over. The greatest player, and arguably the greatest sportsman of our era is unfortunately missing. But everyone else that matters will gather at one the most beautiful sporting arenas in the world. All we have to do is find the winner!

Its one thing getting into contention in a major, its another thing altogether getting over the line. For that reason, at their relative prices I cant back Rory, Scott, Dusty, Serg, Kuchar or Bubba. Yes some of these are already major winners, but collectively they have converted far fewer of their chances in majors or regular events than they should have. So considering their odds, I can easily swerve them.

If I was to back one from the group, it would be Scott, because its very hard to see him not contend. But if im going to back a bottler, I want a bigger price in a field like this(Bottler to come later!!)

huge disadvantage that is being an Augusta debutante to overcome, but I have always thought Augusta will be right up this lads street. Wayward The one player towards the head of the market who I would really fancy with a shot lead with 9 to play is Phil Mickleson. Quite simply, Phil adores this place. And this affection has produced wins on 3 occasions so far, and there is nothing to suggest that No.4 wont arrive on Sunday evening.
Is Phil value at 14-1?? Given his outstanding record here, that has to be an resounding Yes. A meagre €10 e.w on Mickleson at Augusta over the last 12 years, at this years price of 14-1, would have yielded a profit of €570.
Maybe he hasn't shown his best form to date this year, but Phil could come here off 6 missed cuts, and still be a serious contender. And he is in much better form than that. A fine effort in last weeks Shell Houston, was the perfect warm up. His short game looked near its near awesome best, and he holed his fair share of putts from the crucial 10-15ft range.
Is Phil less likely to perform well or win than in any of those years?? I don't think so. Indeed this year he has the bonus of not having to beat the only player of his generation that can legitimately be called his superior.
I would think Phil is both more likely to contend, and more likely to convert a winning opportunity, than Rory McIlroy. He should be favourite.

But I would not consider Phil to be the best bet of this years Masters. That unfortunate accolade goes to Jason Dufner. Quite how the last player to win a major was trading at 70/75 for the last couple of months was beyond me. Dufner has served his Augusta apprenticeship with three appearances in the last 4 years. Each time, bettering his previous effort. He led at halfway in 2012, but back then Dufner didn't know how to win, never mind how to win a major, and the greatest one of all. That has changed. He was prolific later in 2012, and as recently as 8 months ago, he won his first major, with a combination of superb iron play, improved putting, and no small amount of grit and bottle. I am very confident of a prominent showing from the Duffman(nearly as confident as I was about Stenson last weekLaugh), and the 55-1 with PP paying 6 places had to be snaffled up.

Now, onto the bottlers!! Lee Westwood could be discarded as a player who will never win a major, has had the best chances he is going to have, and is generally a player in decline. Indeed it would be hard to argue with that summation. But looking at it from another perspective, you could say he is now player that reserves his best for the Major arena, is coming to a venue that he is extremely comfortable and consistent at, and at 50-1 is just as likely to break his major hoodoo this week as he was when starting 18-1 two years ago. I am prepared to take the chance, and am quietly confident of landing a top 6 at decent odds of 12.5-1.

Another player who has looked a little shy when it comes to collecting majors, is his countryman Luke Donald. Again its Lukes price compared to recent years that has encouraged me to back him. He had been slightly in the wilderness for awhile after his fall from the No.1 spot, but seems to have rediscovered his touch of late, and more importantly his putting is really starting to come right. Without a win yet this calendar year, but otherwise in similar form to two years ago, when I backed him at 16-1 for Augusta glory, I feel he has to be included at 50-1.

Apart from Phil and Tiger, there is one other player who simply lights up when he arrives here. Angel Cabrera. An absolute enigma, he rarely delivers a poor performance here, and after an eye catching outing last week, it seems certain that he once again is going to bring his A game up Magnolia Lane. 66-1 with 6 places seems a much better bet than plenty ahead of him in the market.

Another player who has served his apprenticeship here, and may be ready to take that extra step, is Brandt Snedeker. Sned could already have a couple of Green Jackets, if he had of held his nerve better on the Sundays. He certainly knows how to master this venue, and comes here off a seasons best in the Arnold Palmer. Having backed Sned last year, I may be slightly biased, but to my eye nothing went his way over the final 18 holes. Anyone that wins around here needs that little bit of luck, and Sned wasn't in the queue when they were handing it out. Whilst he was getting horrible kicks left or right into bunkers, Lesihman, Day and Scott were getting plenty of favourable bounces. Quite how Scotts second to 15 didn't roll back off the bank into the water is still a mystery. This could be the year when he grabs his chance.

Already 6 selections, but feel I have to add one from left field, as his price is an absolute insult. Jonas Blixt at 300-1 6 places is certainly worth some sort of investment, however small. I have long been a fan of this plucky Swede. He is as inconsistent as Phil, but he has a pair of balls, an unbelievable short game, and recent experience of contesting for a major having finished 4th in last years USPGA. He obviously has the off the tee, but armoured with superb recovery shots, and mercurial around the greens, especially from bunkers, he has all the attributes to suggest he can become a household name around here. The 13-2 on Top Swedish player seems a great bet also.

Miguel Angel Jimenez also looks worthy of support in the Top Senior market at 3-1. Realistically Freddie Couples is the only danger, but he has back troubles of his own, and has not practised for weeks.

3pts e.w Phil Mickleson 14-1
1.5pts e.w Json Dufner 55-1
.8pt e.w Lee Westwood 50-1
.8pt e.w Luke Donald 50-1
.7pt e.w Angel Cabrera 66-1
1pt e.w Brandt Snedeker 40-1
.25pt e.w Jonas Blixt 300-1
(all 6 places except Sned)
6pts Miguel Angel Jimenez 3-1 Top Senior
3pts Jonas Blixt 13-2 Top Swede

Ante Post .3pt e.w Zach Johnson 100-1

Best of luck to everyone,.....I cant wait for this one!!

Running total(dwindling).....+31.3pts
By:
callitasucit
When: 08 Apr 14 13:25
The wait is nearly over. The greatest player, and arguably the greatest sportsman of our era is unfortunately missing. But everyone else that matters will gather at one the most beautiful sporting arenas in the world. All we have to do is find the winner!

Its one thing getting into contention in a major, its another thing altogether getting over the line. For that reason, at their relative prices I cant back Rory, Scott, Dusty, Serg, Kuchar or Bubba. Yes some of these are already major winners, but collectively they have converted far fewer of their chances in majors or regular events than they should have. So considering their odds, I can easily swerve them.

If I was to back one from the group, it would be Scott, because its very hard to see him not contend. But if im going to back a bottler, I want a bigger price in a field like this(Bottler to come later!!)

The one player towards the head of the market who I would really fancy with a shot lead with 9 to play is Phil Mickleson. Quite simply, Phil adores this place. And this affection has produced wins on 3 occasions so far, and there is nothing to suggest that No.4 wont arrive on Sunday evening.
Is Phil value at 14-1?? Given his outstanding record here, that has to be an resounding Yes. A meagre €10 e.w on Mickleson at Augusta over the last 12 years, at this years price of 14-1, would have yielded a profit of €570.
Maybe he hasn't shown his best form to date this year, but Phil could come here off 6 missed cuts, and still be a serious contender. And he is in much better form than that. A fine effort in last weeks Shell Houston, was the perfect warm up. His short game looked near its near awesome best, and he holed his fair share of putts from the crucial 10-15ft range.
Is Phil less likely to perform well or win than in any of those years?? I don't think so. Indeed this year he has the bonus of not having to beat the only player of his generation that can legitimately be called his superior.
I would think Phil is both more likely to contend, and more likely to convert a winning opportunity, than Rory McIlroy. He should be favourite.

But I would not consider Phil to be the best bet of this years Masters. That unfortunate accolade goes to Jason Dufner. Quite how the last player to win a major was trading at 70/75 for the last couple of months was beyond me. Dufner has served his Augusta apprenticeship with three appearances in the last 4 years. Each time, bettering his previous effort. He led at halfway in 2012, but back then Dufner didn't know how to win, never mind how to win a major, and the greatest one of all. That has changed. He was prolific later in 2012, and as recently as 8 months ago, he won his first major, with a combination of superb iron play, improved putting, and no small amount of grit and bottle. I am very confident of a prominent showing from the Duffman(nearly as confident as I was about Stenson last weekLaugh), and the 55-1 with PP paying 6 places had to be snaffled up.

Now, onto the bottlers!! Lee Westwood could be discarded as a player who will never win a major, has had the best chances he is going to have, and is generally a player in decline. Indeed it would be hard to argue with that summation. But looking at it from another perspective, you could say he is now player that reserves his best for the Major arena, is coming to a venue that he is extremely comfortable and consistent at, and at 50-1 is just as likely to break his major hoodoo this week as he was when starting 18-1 two years ago. I am prepared to take the chance, and am quietly confident of landing a top 6 at decent odds of 12.5-1.

Another player who has looked a little shy when it comes to collecting majors, is his countryman Luke Donald. Again its Lukes price compared to recent years that has encouraged me to back him. He had been slightly in the wilderness for awhile after his fall from the No.1 spot, but seems to have rediscovered his touch of late, and more importantly his putting is really starting to come right. Without a win yet this calendar year, but otherwise in similar form to two years ago, when I backed him at 16-1 for Augusta glory, I feel he has to be included at 50-1.

Apart from Phil and Tiger, there is one other player who simply lights up when he arrives here. Angel Cabrera. An absolute enigma, he rarely delivers a poor performance here, and after an eye catching outing last week, it seems certain that he once again is going to bring his A game up Magnolia Lane. 66-1 with 6 places seems a much better bet than plenty ahead of him in the market.

Another player who has served his apprenticeship here, and may be ready to take that extra step, is Brandt Snedeker. Sned could already have a couple of Green Jackets, if he had of held his nerve better on the Sundays. He certainly knows how to master this venue, and comes here off a seasons best in the Arnold Palmer. Having backed Sned last year, I may be slightly biased, but to my eye nothing went his way over the final 18 holes. Anyone that wins around here needs that little bit of luck, and Sned wasn't in the queue when they were handing it out. Whilst he was getting horrible kicks left or right into bunkers, Lesihman, Day and Scott were getting plenty of favourable bounces. Quite how Scotts second to 15 didn't roll back off the bank into the water is still a mystery. This could be the year when he grabs his chance.

Already 6 selections, but feel I have to add one from left field, as his price is an absolute insult. Jonas Blixt at 300-1 6 places is certainly worth some sort of investment, however small. I have long been a fan of this plucky Swede. He is as inconsistent as Phil, but he has a pair of balls, an unbelievable short game, and recent experience of contesting for a major having finished 4th in last years USPGA. He obviously has the huge disadvantage that is being an Augusta debutante to overcome, but I have always thought Augusta will be right up this lads street. Wayward off the tee, but armoured with superb recovery shots, and mercurial around the greens, especially from bunkers, he has all the attributes to suggest he can become a household name around here. The 13-2 on Top Swedish player seems a great bet also.

Miguel Angel Jimenez also looks worthy of support in the Top Senior market at 3-1. Realistically Freddie Couples is the only danger, but he has back troubles of his own, and has not practised for weeks.

3pts e.w Phil Mickleson 14-1
1.5pts e.w Json Dufner 55-1
.8pt e.w Lee Westwood 50-1
.8pt e.w Luke Donald 50-1
.7pt e.w Angel Cabrera 66-1
1pt e.w Brandt Snedeker 40-1
.25pt e.w Jonas Blixt 300-1
(all 6 places except Sned)
6pts Miguel Angel Jimenez 3-1 Top Senior
3pts Jonas Blixt 13-2 Top Swede

Ante Post .3pt e.w Zach Johnson 100-1

Best of luck to everyone,.....I cant wait for this one!!
Running total(dwindling),...+31.3pts

....don't know what happened there, but didn't make much sense reading it!!
By:
reb
When: 08 Apr 14 13:57
Great credit for the well-written write up, callit. Break a leg with your bets.
By:
Kelly
When: 08 Apr 14 14:00
Managed a pound on Rory this morning at 12/1 which is a big price in my book .  Sky , big deal , an extra £1 liability over the 11/1 generally available . But they restrict me severely .

Backing Rory not necessarily to win , but I am pretty sure he will be lower than 12/1 in running .

Also backing Kuchar ( got 40/1 and money back if Rory wins ) .  He has been the best player out there over last month , even if he has not sealed his play with wins .  Again I think he will trade lower  , even than his current price on here .

Betfair sportsbook have Rory at 4/9 to be top Irish .  Gmac is 100/30 in places , and Darren is any price . Only 3 runners !
By:
pa lapsy
When: 08 Apr 14 14:00
Do a bit of laying short if BF open a book on the Par 3 contest Callit Wink
By:
gerrymc
When: 08 Apr 14 14:03
Win and place:

Zach Johnson 40.0
Cabrera 70.0
Oosthuizen 85.0
Immelman 240.0
Grace 330.0

Roll on Thursday!!!
By:
Distant View
When: 08 Apr 14 14:06
Cabrera will be having surgery on his shoulder after The Masters and has been delaying it until he played his favourite event again.

Not sure to what extent it will impact on him this week, but it is bound to be a negative.
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 08 Apr 14 14:15
As we know its all about value lads so with this in mind Phil mickelson 14/1 with boyles [money back if 2nd or 3rd including ties] looks a good bet, Phil is around the same price with betfair, some heads are looking for 7/2 for Phil to be in the top 5 if you wont to lay it you can get the same price in PP for the top 6, so if Phil finishes 6th you get paid both ways,[just miss out getting paid on Rory in the shell both ways he finished 7th].
By:
huddys
When: 08 Apr 14 16:58
Great to see such interest in the golf this week,well done lads,
Done a Trixie to add to the list,
Westwood top English player 3/1,
Kj Choi top Asian player 9/4,
Jimenez top Senior player 5/2,
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 08 Apr 14 19:04
LIVE FROM AUGUSTA now.........

http://cricfree.tv/live-golf-streaming-ch2.php
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 08 Apr 14 19:17
Rory press conf. now
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 08 Apr 14 19:27
Rory says "Woosie can't win".......big laugh (then Oops - "Sorry Woosie" !!!)
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 08 Apr 14 19:32
DAY 1..........DAY 2.

7:45 a.m.    10:52 a.m.    Stewart Cink, Tim Clark
7:56 a.m.    11:03 a.m.    Ian Woosnam, John Huh, Kevin Stadler
8:07 a.m.    11:14 a.m.    Ben Crenshaw, Y.E. Yang, Jonas Blixt
8:18 a.m.    11:25 a.m.    Mark O'Meara, Steven Bowditch, *Jordan Niebrugge
8:29 a.m.    11:36 a.m.    John Senden, Boo Weekley, David Lynn
8:40 a.m.    11:47 a.m.    Craig Stadler, Scott Stallings, Martin Kaymer
8:51 a.m.    12:09 p.m.    Tom Watson, Billy Horschel, Brendon de Jonge
9:02 a.m.    12:20 p.m.    Mike Weir, Matt Every, Roberto Castro
9:13 a.m.    12:31 p.m.    Angel Cabrera, Gary Woodland, Ian Poulter
9:24 a.m.    12:42 p.m.    Fred Couples, Webb Simpson, *Chang-woo Lee
9:35 a.m.    12:53 p.m.    Graeme McDowell, Rickie Fowler, Jimmy Walker
9:57 a.m.    1:04 p.m.     Zach Johnson, K.J. Choi, Steve Stricker
10:08 a.m.    1:15 p.m.    Miguel Angel Jimenez, Bill Haas, Matteo Manassero
10:19 a.m.    1:26 p.m.    Hideki Matsuyama, Brandt Snedeker, Jamie Donaldson
10:30 a.m.    1:37 p.m.    Charl Schwartzel, Jim Furyk, Thorbjorn Olesen
10:41 a.m.    1:48 p.m.    Adam Scott, Jason Dufner, *Matthew Fitzpatrick
10:52 a.m.    1:59 p.m.    Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed, Rory McIlroy
11:03 a.m.    7:45 a.m.    Kevin Streelman, D.A. Points
11:14 a.m.    7:56 a.m.    Larry Mize, Branden Grace, *Michael McCoy
11:25 a.m.    8:07 a.m.    Sandy Lyle, Matt Jones, Ken Duke
11:36 a.m.    8:18 a.m.    Jose Maria Olazabal, Lucas Glover, *Garrick Porteous
11:47 a.m.    8:29 a.m.    Nick Watney, Stephen Gallacher, Darren Clarke
12:09 p.m.    8:40 a.m.    Vijay Singh, Thomas Bjorn, Ryan Moore
12:20 p.m.    8:51 a.m.    Matt Kuchar, Louis Oosthuizen, Thongchai Jaidee
12:31 p.m.    9:02 a.m.    Trevor Immelman, Graham DeLaet, *Oliver Goss
12:42 p.m.    9:13 a.m.    Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, Derek Ernst, Sang-moon Bae
12:53 p.m.    9:24 a.m.    Bernhand Langer, Francesco Molinari, Chris Kirk
1:04 p.m.    9:35 a.m.     Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, Henrik Stenson
1:15 p.m.    9:57 a.m.     Bubba Watson, Luke Donald, Sergio Garcia
1:26 p.m.    10:08 a.m.    Joost Luiten, Marc Leishman, Hunter Mahan
1:37 p.m.    10:19 a.m.    Keegan Bradley, Victor Dubuisson, Peter Hanson
1:48 p.m.    10:30 a.m.    Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els, Justin Rose
1:59 p.m.    10:41 a.m.    Harris English, Lee Westwood, Russell Henley
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 08 Apr 14 20:10
Take these - all ways....

Zach Johnson (11/8) to beat Steve Stricker (15/8) + K J Choi (5/2)
Jason Dufner (7/4) to beat Adam Scott (10/11) + Matthew Fitzpatrick (10)
Rory McIlroy (5/4) to beat Jordan Spieth (9/4) + Patrick Reed (5/2)
By:
the jolly
When: 09 Apr 14 11:19
rory and Bradley for me outright, with a lay of Scott for Top Aussie at close to evens.  Think the defending champ will struggle with the hype and there are plenty Aussies with course form and recent form to make this a bit of value.
By:
irishro
When: 09 Apr 14 12:49
Zach is my main bet for week followed closely by Luke and Snedeker. Further down the field I've gone for Oleson, Gonzo and Stallings. Stallings is an especially big price imo. The crossover over in winners from Torrey Pines and Augusta through the years is very interesting. If you go through the the top 10 over the years in Torrey Pines you'll see many of them have played very well or indeed won at Augusta too. Stallings had a respectable 27th on his debut 2 years ago.
I'm not usually a fan of betting on 3 balls but Steven Bowditch looks a very fair price at 11/8 to beat Mark O'Meara and amateur Jordan Niebrugge. It's only a fortnight since his debut win and anyone who watched him that night will be aware he has the short game to excel around Augusta. A practice round with Adam Scott yesterday should have given him plenty of pointers too.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 09 Apr 14 13:40
Am I right in saying McIllroy has performed poorly here with one exception, that R4 meltdown year.

Shirley you need a decent putter to win here..surprised to see Rory such a short price.  False favourite imo.
By:
Kelly
When: 09 Apr 14 16:02
Settled on Rory ( 14/1 this morning ) , Scott ( also 14/1 this morning ) ,  Bubba ( 33/1 a while back )  , and Kuchar ( 40/1 , each way 1-6 ) . Trusting some or all will trade low at some stage .

Roll on tomorrow !
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 09 Apr 14 16:19
You did well kelly to get 14/1 on both Rory and scott be in the top ten... i cant remember having so many bets on the smaller markets in the Masters, my biggest bet is on John Huh to be in the top ten 25/1, with just 98 runners 20 of whom you can take out the smaller markets is the way to go.good/luck
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 09 Apr 14 16:21
Sry kelly that should read 14/1 on Rory AND Scott to win out.
By:
Kelly
When: 09 Apr 14 16:41
Free money on one of the minor markets , Top Swede .

1.65 Stenson on here , 4/1 Hanson , 13/2 Blixt .  Guaranteed profit .  I cant get any more on with the bookies .
By:
callitasucit
When: 09 Apr 14 16:51
I personally am a big fan of the 3 balls at the Masters, as in a lot of them you can draw a line through at least one player and maybe two, yet they take up a chunk of the market. Generally stay away from them on Fridays as the dynamics are different.

Agree with Irishro re Steven Bowditch. I would make him at 11-8 and Nick Watney at 5-4 the best bets for tomorrow.

Bowditch is a debutante here, so would normally steer clear of such players in a short price market, but as Irish says, his game screams Augusta. He will be feeling ultra confident, and to be honest, anything under 80 could win this.

Watney has a slight injury concern hanging over him, but i would be prepared to think that whatever may happen over the weekend, he will manage 18 holes before anything triggers. And that is worst case scenario. He has a wonderfully consistent record around here, i would be surprised if he goes over par, and par should be more than good enough to see off his two opponents.

I am pretty sweet on a few more aswell, namely Snedeker 6-4, Fowler 15-8, Grace 4-5 and Immelman 6-4.

6pts win Steven Bowditch 11-8
6pts win Nick Watney 5-4
6pts win Brendan Grace 4-5
4pts win Brandt Snedeker 6-4
4pts win Ricky Fowler 15-8
5pts win Trevor Immleman 6-4

Will do few combination multiples for various stakes, trebles and up

Also combined, Blixt(top Swede), Jimenez(Top Senior), Immelman(Top S. African) and Choi(Top Asian)

Have had a small dabble on the first round leader market
.3pt e.w Jonas Blixt 150-1
.6pt e.w Jason Dufner 50-1

Not long to go now,......few pints after work tonight to help me sleep!!
By:
workrider
When: 09 Apr 14 17:05
Have done 8 , just hoping for a run for very little stakes ,

G  MCDOWELL 55/1
J WALKER  70/1
J SPIETH  70/1
B HAAS     90/1

W.SIMPSON 90/1
J MOORE  100/1
MOON BAE 500/1
J HUE... 480/1
HOPE THE NURSE LETS ME STAY UP.....Laugh
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 09 Apr 14 17:14
Laugh
By:
pa lapsy
When: 09 Apr 14 17:18
Laugh I,ve two pairs of me best slippers ready for the weekend.
Interesting enough betting forum on the masters on channel 861 sky(not sure on UPC) hosted by Boycie
By:
padlock
When: 09 Apr 14 17:28
see pp are going evens to name 5players to make cut
rory
scott
mickelson
garcia
westwood
what can go wrong ConfusedCrazy
Page 1 of 13  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 13 | Next
sort by: