Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CheltenhamRoar
15 Feb 14 15:52
| Topic/replies: 5,882 | Blogger: CheltenhamRoar's blog
Would u be a player or a layer should he run in the Champion Hurdle?
i really like the horse,Don't think Mullins will run the risk of him ruining the fly's legacy though!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 98
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 15 Feb 14 15:55
It's more Mullins doesn't want him getting embarrassed by The Fly and becoming another Peddlers Cross.
By:
Goretski
When: 15 Feb 14 16:04
Layer!

Clearly has an engine but doesnt jump anywhere near good enough to win a champion hurdle
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 15 Feb 14 16:37
its only guess work to know how good the horse is, hopefully mullins will tell us in the next week when he heads...12/1 with PP is not a bad bet with money back if he is a non/runner.
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 15 Feb 14 17:55
willie mullins gave a interview to A.T.R/ AT 5.15 and said that U.T.S.would have to find a stone to beat the Hurrican but no decesion will be made yet about him or annie power as to Cheltenham,
By:
tony57
When: 15 Feb 14 20:26
lay..you just don't know how good he is..its great for the owner picking up prize money but bad for punters cos we have no idea how good he is?..i personally don't think he has beaten that much..but there no doubt he could be very good indeed but he wont win the champion this year imo..firstly I don't think he,,ll run..i would send him to Aintree with a mind to get him ready for the champion next year.
By:
easygold
When: 15 Feb 14 22:13
A lot of horses in this year`s C.Hurdle have made at least one jumping error in all their efforts this season Tony, this horse is a "freak" surely you can see that??? and all his racing has been on soft/heavy ground WOW!!!!!  a machine....... that`s the difference between watching a race once, but when you watching over and over for a living you see a the Bigger Picture. 3/1,3/1 9/2 6/1 we know all about those guys........... but when I spoke(wrote)about this fellow he was 25/1 mmmmmmmmm you see value before other people that`s the key..........
I will state again he will be unbeaten wherever he runs for a long time (and fingers crossed connections want the Gold this year rather than later, because who knows what happens around the corner)
By:
roadrunner46
When: 15 Feb 14 22:29
are you claiming to have spotted the value before other peopleLaugh you mean you have had a bet on UDS for CH 2014
they all think like that on the antepost forum, all value huntersLaugh
By:
neill d
When: 15 Feb 14 22:30
Connections should insist he goes this year because that attritional style against top horses will mean he won't be around forever. For the great horse Denman was, he only won one Gold Cup. This is a strong year, exceptionally so even, but it could still be UDS's best chance.
By:
easygold
When: 15 Feb 14 22:42
Of course I mean that, where have you been.
By:
easygold
When: 15 Feb 14 22:46
Hi Neil, yeah there is a huge following for this horse, and are eager to run, I`ve a strong feeling he will run, because I`m sure Mullins knows The Fly has more on his plate this year, and UDS is a strong sub to have, and Annie will go for the stayers.
By:
neill d
When: 15 Feb 14 23:35
Hope he runs Easy as he would add a huge amount to the race.
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 16 Feb 14 09:00
what is this nonsense about him not running.....I have never even heard that mentioned.....only by a few uninformed on here.....he guarantees pace in the race which suits everybody......so he is an absolute certainty to run.....
they have hardly aimed hima at the race all year.....and then decide not to run him .......
and keep him for what exactly......there is no other race for him......
By:
tony57
When: 16 Feb 14 11:53
why is ther no other race for him?..can they not wait for Aintree..do you thin  mullins will run 3 of his best horses in the champion? uds annie power and the fly?..anyone who thinks that ..well imo it wont happen,  annie is more likely to go for the world..(which ive always fancied she would)but uds?..yes he could go..but Aintree would be my bet..but just to ask paulie..by you saying the uninformed..that means you are the informed correct?
By:
silvergreaser
When: 16 Feb 14 12:14
Personally Tony if I was a trainer and I had 3 good horses that had a chance of winning the Champion hurdle I'd run the lot of them, 3 chances is so much better than one.
But it seems Mullins wants Hurricane to achieve immortality by winning 3 Champions but doesn't want to compromise that by running the other two?.

From an owners perspective, World Hurdle or Champion Hurdle?, no contest.
But if the owners insisted that both  Un De Seaux and Annie run in the Champion against the trainer and jockeys wishes I wonder would they be afforded the same level of preparation as the stable star?.

Of course from Rubys perspective he'd rather they were kept apart, he would be able to except defeat a bit better if one of the English challengers rather than Annie Power or Un De Seaux come sailing past the Fly on the run in.
By:
tony57
When: 16 Feb 14 12:27
silver yes I agree but I don't see him running the 3 ..the fly and uds yes.., I can see uds running ..but im just saying I,d go for Aintree and aim him at the race next year..(cos I don't think he,ll win it this season)
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 16 Feb 14 12:58
Tony57......grab a hold of yerself man.....ya don't know what yer talking about......nobody is aying Annie Power is going to run in the champion.....its likely that she wont.....but its fellas like you are on about keeping un de sceaux for Aintree......
Nobody particularly Mullins cares about Aintree.....its an afterthought meeting.....and a total kip of a place.....track and city....full of minks is all the place is.....nobody even remembers what won races at Aintree....
By:
Ozymandius
When: 16 Feb 14 13:16
That's Paulie off the invite list for the annual pre-Aintree drinks and canapes Chez Scouse Tony.
By:
tony57
When: 16 Feb 14 13:22
only the biggest race of the year and the biggest crowd?and the biggest t.v audience,offcourse trainers don't care about it..just shows YOU know **** all, IGNORENT prick,who thinks he knows it all..you think by shouting and trying to bully that you can do what you want..how dare anyone say anything to paulie..go **** yourself
By:
kavvie
When: 16 Feb 14 13:31
paulie your totally wrong about aintree.i usta go to chel for years.i gave it up when it went to 4 days.im going to aintree since.later in the year usually nicer weather.easier course to get around and city of liverpool a great place.maybe your trying to rise tony but your wrong.trainers  do target it .the prizemoney is huge and its as good if not better than chelt.its also easier to back winners..
By:
Ozymandius
When: 16 Feb 14 13:31
Tony, any chance of putting me up over the Aintree Festival?

I'm a vegetarian so you wouldn't have to worry about the Full English breakfast.
By:
kavvie
When: 16 Feb 14 13:36
and tony we will meet for a pint thur or fri nite..
By:
tony57
When: 16 Feb 14 13:42
oz,
if you were stuck I wouldn't turn you away,but kavi, no matter what you say mate..paulie is just ignorant, no opinion matters only his..so don't bother defending Aintree..in paulie's world it does not matter...of course mate looking forward to meeting up.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 16 Feb 14 13:43
Can,t see WPM sending him to Aintree in a fit either, other than the National and that 2 1/2m hur it isn,t the greatest festival and revolves around the one race(like the meeting though)
Imagine he'll much prefer to go to Punchestown late April.
By:
tony57
When: 16 Feb 14 13:47
lot of money on offer tho pa..and at the end of the day..thats what matters..and a few grade 1s,..but you could be right punchestown may be better for the horse..
By:
Ozymandius
When: 16 Feb 14 13:49
cheers Tony, you anywhere near Stanley Street?
By:
Slabster
When: 16 Feb 14 13:50
I would say Mullins would love to win the Aintree Hurdle given how close he's gone in it recently. Hopefully UDS will be in the Champion Hurdle though.
By:
tony57
When: 16 Feb 14 13:52
no oz..but not far..lol
By:
Ozymandius
When: 16 Feb 14 13:53
LaughWink
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 16 Feb 14 14:21
Tony57......take a lie down.....no need to get so upset.....
Kavvie.....Liverpool is full of chavs.....was in it plenty of times....a dirty khazi.....infested by them scousers.....
By:
easygold
When: 16 Feb 14 15:08
Hi Tony, your not up to date with racing what race is for UDS at Aintree over 2m????, if the UDS does not run if will be Punch for sure. And you wud rather Lay him if he runs LOL.
By:
BJG
When: 16 Feb 14 15:10
Racing Post ‏@RacingPost  45s
Un De Sceaux looks like missing the Stan James Champion Hurdle trainer Willie Mullins has said.
By:
tony57
When: 16 Feb 14 15:10
the irish field is reporting that there is a doubt over uds going to the festival?
By:
neill d
When: 16 Feb 14 15:12
It could be Aintree yet, wait for the famous Willie line 'we always thought he could go out in trip'.

Willie wants 3 Champion Hurdles so badly it is untrue and the fella who owns UDS isn't one of his bigger owners. It was always a possibility.
By:
tony57
When: 16 Feb 14 15:13
racing post now saying he wont go to the festival?
By:
tony57
When: 16 Feb 14 15:16
seems like the uniformed just became the informed?Laugh
By:
easygold
When: 16 Feb 14 15:19
So be it if he doesn`t run that`s life, but he is a freak, but Aintree Tony come on ur better than that mate.
By:
tony57
When: 16 Feb 14 15:22
"I just wonder if he needs that(champ hurdle) at this time in his career taking on them great horses" willie mullins.......all I said was imo I,d go to Aintree..cos hes not ready...it seems his trainer now thinks the same...wether he gos or not I was right..considering your insult with ..you don't know what your talking about..if your any type of man. PAULIE.you,d apolagise...
By:
neill d
When: 16 Feb 14 15:24
I'd say he'd piss up at Aintree Easy, it is often a lesser calibre of horse in that race. Can't see anything that is likely to run there that would get him off it. He'd whizz around there. I've a hunch The New One won't go there as he could still be one to mind for fences next season and the track like Kempton doesn't play to his strengths. The Tent doesn't want the trip, Our Conor and the Fly will wait for Punchestown. I think him or Annioe Power will go and whichever one goes will win.
By:
neill d
When: 16 Feb 14 15:27
I can see Willie selling the weekend at Aintree to a frankly gutted Eddie O'Connell as we speak. Willie is a Machiavellian fcker!!

"It'll be great" and O'Connell thinking it's not so bad, just the cost of being with the best trainer.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com