Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dinglemick
04 Feb 14 22:24
| Topic/replies: 762 | Blogger: dinglemick's blog
Two horses at decent each way prices sticking out to me ....Hopefully they both run ...Does anyone know ?? .....Quickpick Vic 12/1 spoils  for the Deloitte and Tammys Hill 9/1 powers in the Raymond Smith ...

Quickpic Vic visually looked very good the last day at Leopardstown in a very quick time for heavy ground ..Form does nt look up to Tullow Tank and Vatour but i still think he looked above average the last day and at the price of 12/1 see him going off half that if he runs ...

Tammys Hill i would imagine will defo run ...second last year just touched off by Salsify by a neck ...Might have just needed it t Down Royal on Stephens day when second ....Quel Esprit might not run , by all accounts he didn t look great in his gallop at Punch Sunday ....On the fringe looks short at 6/4 .... 9 s looks very generous on Tammys , again i see him going off a lot shorter

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 75
By:
neill d
When: 04 Feb 14 22:30
I have a fancy for Smashing in the Betfair on Saturday at Newbury. Big step up from Limerick but watch the way he jumped the last few flights in that race...there was loads left. Will have to be a bit more efficient at his obstacles here but he'll handle the ground and it is significant he travels even if Mullins is sending more over these days. He could be top-class over fences next season I sense, but with Cheltenham possibly not on the agenda with the trainer having so many options, this may have been the plan for a while.
By:
dinglemick
When: 04 Feb 14 22:35
I can t get away from Irish Saint Neil 6/1 ...... Can see a big plunge on this fella before Saturday ...Only 5lb higher at 145 after his absolute romp at Ascot the last day
By:
neill d
When: 04 Feb 14 22:57
I wouldn't put you off him, won very easily last time although I saw a few on the AP forum saying things fell nicely enough for him and he was the only one that stayed going. I wouldn't necessarily subscribe to that as I thought on his juvenile stuff he'd run well in these kinds of races and he has done now.  They are Bigging up the Henderson horse who ties in with your fella, based on what he is doing at home but he'd want to be some horse off top weight in that ground. He seems a mercurial kind of fella and he might not appreciate what he will encounter on Saturday.
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 04 Feb 14 23:26
Quick pick Vic has no chance. I backed him last time. He is one of those horses who looks great bossing an ordinary field but will not do it this weekend. A place lay of biblical proportions. Anytime he has stepped up in grade he has disappointed
By:
callitasucit
When: 05 Feb 14 00:47
I would be surprised and disappointed if The Tullow Tank doesn't win, and win well on Sunday. Promises to be an intriguing card, even if the feature will lack any real class. Does Salsify not run in the Hunters?
By:
stevo1
When: 05 Feb 14 01:11
salsify knocked joint out.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 05 Feb 14 12:05
Did my first ante post for ages Dingle(very small), Did Vivega for the champion bumper in March,though unraced the Ricci owned 5yo was i,m 90% sure the horse described by WPM before Sundays Punchestown gallop as a very nice horse,most probably needed a bit of a blow but still think he did that gallop well against Quevega. Mullins has a strong hand already with Shaneshill and Black Hercules but wondering is he following a similar path with Briar Hill last year(one run before), hope it is on ,a cracking card.
Agree Irish Saint was so impressive last time, you have to wonder can he repeat that run,at a price thought Deep Trouble was an ew, has his own ideas but should run well,nothing on the lay side on here so will wait till the decs.GL
By:
dj876
When: 05 Feb 14 12:29
7/4 and 13/8 could look generous on TTT come Sunday without Faugheen running.I suppose it depends on how many Mullins runs but you would think TTT would be in and around evens at best with the race probably cutting up to 4/5 runners.
By:
penzance
When: 05 Feb 14 12:32
big fan of Last Instalment,backed him
for the Hennesy on here but nothing on
the lay side.Took a chance that he runs,
my Gold Cup horse.
Anyone know if he's a definate runner the
weekend?
cheers.
By:
callitasucit
When: 05 Feb 14 12:34
Backed him at 7-4 myself dj. Renneti is a horse I have huge respect for, compromised by setting fractions too fast at Punch, and then falling when cantering at Limerick. But according to Ricci they are taking the softly softly approach with him this year, so hardly likely to show. One for next year I feel.
By:
dj876
When: 05 Feb 14 12:38
He's an intended runner according to the below link penzance.
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/racing/fenton-gives-instalment-leopardstown-green-light-1.1678038

Ya I thought he would be about evens Callit, if WPM runs Vautour and Valseur lido (Arctic fire won't go on the ground),what price do you think he will be?
By:
penzance
When: 05 Feb 14 12:44
tx
By:
callitasucit
When: 05 Feb 14 12:46
Couldn't see him going off much above evens. Form is rock solid, trip probably his ideal. And from an ante post point of view, he is more likely to line up than his main rivals all doing so. Have him backed for Supreme aswell, so hoping for a convincing win.
By:
dj876
When: 05 Feb 14 12:53
I would be very confident if he runs but I suppose you have to factor in the chances of Fenton not running him if it's bottomless (probable) and having such a slog 4/5 weeks before Cheltenham (even though he would go on it and has grade 1 winning form on soft ground)
By:
penzance
When: 05 Feb 14 13:02
shame he got injured,by far the best
staying novice over in Ireland,just
my opinion though.Backed him for
the GC last year but did'nt make the
track.Top class this horse could turn
out if staying sound.
   GL ALL
By:
callitasucit
When: 05 Feb 14 13:09
Penzance, I backed him 50s NRNB before his Clonmel run, so hoping he either wins or flops on Sunday!! His jumping as a novice was a sight to behold.
Yeah dj, I suppose the worry is there about the heavy ground forcing a withdrawal, but Leop never gets too bad, and Fenton seems committed to this route for awhile now, doubt he will jump ship. Dunguib chose the same route. Hoping for a different result in March though!!
By:
penzance
When: 05 Feb 14 13:13
Ive backed him @50s n/r n/b with crookes.
Bigger on here aswell.Same as you,win or flop.
Like to see him in the GC just to see if he is
up to that grade.
By:
tony57
When: 05 Feb 14 14:30
im hoping newbury is on as the bumper is a cracker, THOMAS BROWN is a horse harry fry has always talked up..i backed it on debut and was a bit disappointed,..but he won nto and this has been the plan for a while..hes a trainer I rate and if this race will tell us how good a horse he is.
By:
Ernie__Bert
When: 05 Feb 14 20:16
If anybody has any spare tickets for Sunday I will gratefully take them off their hands.. Hope it goes ahead with all the rain forecast. Love this day every year, I came away from it last year with Champagne Fever and stuck with him. A woman I work with done a tour of willie mulins last Autumn and came away with two horses Annie Power and Vivega who is entered in Sundays bumper. Its a brother the great Quevega and is supposed to be a very decent horse.
By:
norn iron
When: 05 Feb 14 20:57
LYREEN LEGEND THINK GOT GREAT CHANCE IN GOLD CUP
By:
malheureusement
When: 05 Feb 14 21:02
I am making my debut at Leopardstown on Sunday - coming over for the rugby on Saturday.  Any pointers to a decent bar at the track and good vantage point to watch the racing?
By:
Ernie__Bert
When: 05 Feb 14 21:06
Theres a good bar on ground level in the passageway between the parade ring and the bookies , the name escapes me. Its near all the action. Enjoy yourselves.
By:
huddys
When: 05 Feb 14 21:09
Hope you enjoy your trip over for the weekend,Fillies bar is one of the best at the track,great viewing from the main stands and with the big screen you wont miss any of the action,
By:
huddys
When: 05 Feb 14 21:10
Think that Madigans your talking about Ernie,
By:
malheureusement
When: 05 Feb 14 21:16
Thanks for the replies - we'll get there early on Sunday morning around 11am so will have plenty of time for a stroll about before racing. How far is the walk from the LUAS station to the track?
By:
Ernie__Bert
When: 05 Feb 14 21:18
10 to 15 mins
By:
huddys
When: 05 Feb 14 21:29
There will be a shuttle bus not sure if it will be running that early tho,might be,enjoy your trip
By:
yorker789
When: 05 Feb 14 22:16
Ive been over a few times for the Hennessy,first shuttle bus was an hour before first race as I remember but the walk up is no problem,always a great days racing.Wife is going to visit a relative in brookfield,tallaght while im at the races,anyone know what that area is like.
By:
BigRob1
When: 05 Feb 14 22:50
Its dodgy enough yorker.
By:
callitasucit
When: 06 Feb 14 00:56
Plinth is a great bet at the current 7-2 for the juvenile hurdle. Quite how the oddsmakers have arrived at the huge discrepancy between the prices of Plinth and Ivan Grozny is beyond me.
I backed Ivan in their first meeting at Christmas, and after Plinth made what looked like a race losing mistake at the last, I was happy that the bet was landed. Ruby scooted 3 lengths clear out the back of the last, only for AP to galvanise Plinth, who to my eye, won a shade cosily for the winning distance.
Yes Ivan may have improved for that run. And Plinth wont? Ivan was strong enough in the market that day, to suggest he was ready enough. Plinths mistake at the last, when AP asked him for one to put the race to bed, suggested APOB had left him a bit short in the schooling department. That certainly wont be the case on Sunday.
Ivans next run got a huge overreaction imo. Indian Icon is useless, and may never win a race. I would make Plinth a slight fav on Sunday, and have backed accordingly.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 06 Feb 14 10:41
Callit I can see your reasoning but you seem to have ignored what I think is the most crucial piece of form in the race, the 3rd horse Moss St has since been beaten in 2 mediocre contests, but crucially the 4th horse Sea Beat who was just over 2L's behind Plinth and Ivan was 16+L's behind Ivan the last day, that to me suggests we seen the real Ivan the last day which means Plinth would have to improve pounds to get near Ivan if that piece of form is taken literally.

Imo I think there might have been an element of fluke in Plinths victory and I would be in no hurry to oppose Ivan after hs impressive demolition the last day on very heavy ground which he will get on Sunday no doubt.

I can't see the 5/4 with Spoils lasting much longer, but Mullins also has 2 other entries is Ivan a definite starter?.
By:
kingrat
When: 06 Feb 14 21:29
be careful with yre gargle money sil!i will be laying ivan .
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 06 Feb 14 21:39
Does anyone have any idea which Willie Mullins horse takes on The Tullow Tank ?
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 06 Feb 14 21:50
without any up to the minute info Wildman.......id say vatour and valseur lido.....
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 06 Feb 14 21:51
I'm not so sure about those two but would have gone all in on Faugheen to beat The Tullow Tank.
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 06 Feb 14 21:53
Callitascuit........a trap that people may fall into with these NH horses of Aiden O Briens......is assuming that he trains them......a very dangerous assumption.......
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 06 Feb 14 21:54
Faugheen is a million to run......that's definite......if ya want to oppose the tullow tank.......ya have plenty there to go on with.....
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 06 Feb 14 21:55
Agree pretty sure Plinth is in Piltown.
By:
callitasucit
When: 06 Feb 14 21:56
You think they down with Joe, Paulie? Quite possible. But I feel he definitely has as much scope for improvement from that run as Ivan. Granted Sea Beat fin a lot further behind Ivan last time, but the race at Leop was run at a crawl. There was a host in with a chance on the run to last. Off such a slow gallop, they can only put so far between them and the rest. Plinth would have won 3 lengths only for fluffing the last.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com