Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tony57
25 Jan 14 18:50
| Topic/replies: 21,252 | Blogger: tony57's blog
i'm really looking forward to this card, and the champion hurdle is a cracker considering its only 4 runners..i got talking to a irish lad today @Donny and he was flying over tomorrow desperate to see our connor as he has a fairly hefty ante post bet for the festival..i told him im with jezki, but he was depressed after watching annie power..he said to me she,ll win the champion if she runs,..i don't think she,ll run in the race..for me she should go for the world hurdle..i don't think she jumps well enough for the 2m race?but theres no doubt shes a big player, im having a bet on MOZOLTOV 1.30 as I think the ground will suit him..the best race is the grade 2 novice imo 3.10 GILT SHADOW is my choice but only small as its a hot contest, the bumper is the race im not sure what I want to back, a friend of mine was @ mullins place this morning and there was a lot of confidence about their horse KILLER CROW, I want to back welds (it owes me) but I may just watch the race. good luck to all who have a go ..
Pause Switch to Standard View leopardstown sunday
Show More
Report Tolmi January 25, 2014 7:03 PM GMT
On the subject of Mozoltof I can't for the life of me figure out why Gigginstown's supposed first jockey is riding Trifolium.
Report tony57 January 25, 2014 7:07 PM GMT
I was a little surprised tolmi? but we are not privy to coopers thoughts.
Report richters January 25, 2014 7:19 PM GMT
tony i could of swore i heard wpm say earlier on atr that he would fear for mozoltov on the ground.....felix younger would be hoping to confirm form with defy logic from their november running in the grade 2 race...but to me course and distance win on boxing day should see DEFY LOGIC confirm the form over trifolium and art of logistics,ted veale and champagne fever if ye dont mind.....he is the one to beat here....defy logic to beat felix younger for me.....
Report tony57 January 25, 2014 7:48 PM GMT
hes won on heavy rich,  beat don Cossack last year on bad ground..but the trainer may know something I don't? ha
Report richters January 25, 2014 7:52 PM GMT
tbh tony i was on the phone at the time and only half heard it,but as you know take it with a pinch of salt what wpm has to say...
Report Tolmi January 25, 2014 8:55 PM GMT
I would have thought that Felix of Willie's pair would be more of a worry on heavy ground??
Report wildmanfromborneo January 25, 2014 10:10 PM GMT
Sterling Stuff is my nap in the Leopardstown 3.40.

I have seen his last two runs,he won his last chase with more than a stone in hand so should have no problem carrying the extra 16 pound.
They ran him in a hurdle at the last Thurles meeting where to put it mildly Phillip Enright had a poor day,he got the horse hampered took the wrong option twice was still coming to win the race when he managed to get himself unseated.

Tyner is a right trainer,Phillip Enright needs to ride a decent race as I feel Davy Russell could be breathing down his neck.
Report Arklearkle January 25, 2014 10:46 PM GMT
I understood WPM was worried about the ground for FY - could he be a non runner? Moz should have no trouble with the ground.
Report Santry January 26, 2014 10:08 AM GMT
A really good days racing but sure to be very testing today.

1.30 Even though I would prefer if Mark Walsh was riding I still think if he goes off at a sensible pace Defy Logic will win this.
3.10 Moonshine Lad will be my bet of the day at 5/1. This horse could he anything and should handle the conditions. It is a step up in grade but I think this horse is up to it.
3.40 Sterling Stuff is an improver and may still be well in.
4.10 Nothing wrong with Windsor Parks last 2 runs and will take a good one to beat him.

Good Luck all.
Report workrider January 26, 2014 10:32 AM GMT
Incredible amount of rain here early this morning . Was going to have my max bet on FY but will wait till i get to the track before deciding ..Leop a really good drying track don't forget lads...
Report FOOTIEFACTS January 26, 2014 10:41 AM GMT
Would there be any chance the KL would give us a steer in the right direction?!
Report The Gotchee January 26, 2014 11:21 AM GMT
Three I like today at nice prices are;

Quickpick Vic in the first. He wasn't fit enough the last day and I expect him to come on considerably for the run. I hope Ruby rides him with a bit more restraint.
I like Trifolium in the Arkle. I expect him to arrive late. There will be a lot of pace and in the heavy ground and I expect him to stay best of all.
Our Connor ran very well last time out only getting tired in the last hundred yards. I think we will see a much fitter horse today.
Report norn iron January 26, 2014 12:40 PM GMT
QUICKPIC VIC  NAP EW  SAVER EW TAGLITELLIE 

THINK TED VEALE MASSIVE PRICE   NB   EW  STRANGE COOPS PICKED TRIFOLLIUM  ? REV4CAST

BACK TO BALLOO        EW

JETSKI

GILT SHADOW

DOWN UNDER  SAVER  EW A FINE YOUNG MAN

WINDSOR PARK

WIL GALES UP HERE  GOOD LUCK PUNTERS
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 12:48 PM GMT
Backed Rock The World earlier at 7-2 in the first, but had stake saver on Stuccodor at 9-2 there now. I had good bet on him 1st time up, but ya couldn't give him away on here close to the off. Shaped like possible non stayer, but considering how strong he is today, maybe he was short of a gallop last time. Be surprised if anything else won.
Report world wide web January 26, 2014 12:58 PM GMT
Great days racing ahead.
placepot for me:
1st: Stuccodor & Rock The World
2nd: Defy Logic
3rd: Treat Yourself
4th: Hurricane Fly
5th: Wounded Warrior
6th: Wrong Turn

I see a few like Quickpick Vic in the 1st, I thought he was a solid lay at the prices and that I'd have Stuccodor, Rock The World, Pwwder Hound & Little Rocky running for me!

I also think Trifolium is a lay, Mozoltov is a potential improver, but it looks a match between Felix Younger & Defy Logic, with preference for Defy Logic only due to the ground.

Personally, I think Sure Reef is too short (but won't be laying it) - with Wounded Warrior a potential improver & Gilt Shadow and Moonshine Lad likely to beat Sure Reef

Good luck punting and enjoy!
Report world wide web January 26, 2014 1:09 PM GMT
Well done The Gotchee & norn iron
Amazing to think how his full brother can run 30 times under rules and never have won Surprised
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 1:17 PM GMT
backed Jezki without The Fly....hard to see Our Conor reversing places with him.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 1:37 PM GMT
The Gotchee is on fire today!
Report world wide web January 26, 2014 1:40 PM GMT
He sure is!
On the other hand...I'd stop a train!
I am really puzzled by that result
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods January 26, 2014 1:55 PM GMT
Fine tipping Gotchee Cool
Report Tolmi January 26, 2014 1:59 PM GMT
I must admit I thought it was a strange choice by Cooper considering Trifolium looked held by both Defy Logic and Felix.I was totally wrong...not for the first time!!
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 2:00 PM GMT
Going against you in the Champion Oz.
Laid Jezki at 1.7 in match bet against Conor. I don't think Jezki is quite good enough to ever win one of these top 2m hurdles, but its conceivable that Our Conor might be. A lot was made of Jezkis hampered run to the last over Xmas, too much if you ask me. He didn't have the tactical speed required, whereas Our Conor travelled down to the last nearly as well as the Fly. He has 5 lengths to find, and is 1lb worse off, but will surely strip 7lb fitter today. I would just about have him fav in the match bet.

Backed Treat Yourself here.
Report dj876 January 26, 2014 2:05 PM GMT
According to Rte Defy Logic burst a blood vessel,has the Arkle market on here over reacted with Felix Yonger?
He is much better on good ground but with Mullins's options NRNB is probably a must.

Winner alright callit
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 2:05 PM GMT
Good luck, callit.
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 2:08 PM GMT
Same to you Oz.
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 2:26 PM GMT
I love the Hurricane, and had a good wedge on him at Christmas, but 7.8 on Our Conor is an absolute insult. Have had a few bob on.
Report kavvie January 26, 2014 2:28 PM GMT
unreal price..
Report kingrat January 26, 2014 2:32 PM GMT
come on the fly!ruby has got all the moves.  1.61 is buying moneyLove
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 2:41 PM GMT
Though Conor had him over the last. Form very suspect with Cee Bee very close up.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 2:42 PM GMT
well done callit.

Not sure McCoy fighting with Jekzi the whole way helped much.  Could he not have let him on a bit and helped him to settle.   

Captain Cee Bee ran some race to finish so close.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 2:43 PM GMT
that's what i was thinking re the form with CCB so close,
Report kingrat January 26, 2014 2:44 PM GMT
and that my friends is classic ruby walsh.never paniced. MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Tolmi January 26, 2014 2:45 PM GMT
Tremendous race with HF showing his battling qualities to win well in the end.Quite what to make of it it in relation to the Champion Hurdle is hard to know.Captain Cee bee was much to close for it to be rated as one of HF's best performances and Jezki was a bit keen for my liking.It all makes the Champion more and more difficult to solve.
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 2:46 PM GMT
Thanks Oz.
Suppose AP had to try something different today. He just doesn't have that bit o speed to carry him into a race like the other two.
I don't think any of the 3 can be truly happy there. I would nearly take Our Conor out of the race. Considering he put up by far the best performance of his juvenile year at Chelt, and Hurricane has never travelled like he can there, it might be him who troubles the two English horses.
But I would hazard a guess its Nicky Henderson, and NTW that who are happiest with what we saw today.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 2:51 PM GMT
I would have thought Jezki wanted a properly run race so why the OTT restraint.

Fly possibly not 100%.
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 2:54 PM GMT
Yeah, to be honest I expected AP to sit second, and close enough to Cee Bee.
I suppose Cee Bee had the run of the race, and got a good tactical ride in that he was optimally paced the whole way round, to produce his peak running, so was never going to lose too much ground in a sprint to the line.
Report tony57 January 26, 2014 2:58 PM GMT
what a horse the fly,..but I have to find myself puzzled again by the ride jezki has had no doubt now the horse is not good enough to beat the fly..but I have to be honest and say I don't think he's been given any chance today with those tactics..and I think the greatest horseman of our generation has finally found a horse he can't ride?..in my humble opinion he has never given the horse a good ride?..i think they have to look over 2 1/2 for a win now...well done to all who bought money..and I was very impressed with quickpick vic..I know norn has always rated the horse.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 3:04 PM GMT
I think you will find the greatest horseman of our generation was on the winner today, Scouse Tony.

Being ridden by McCoy is as subtle as being gang raped in a penitentiary, being ridden by Ruby on the other hand is being akin to being seduced by a smooth tongued George Clooney whispering sweet nothings in your ear.
Report tony57 January 26, 2014 3:05 PM GMT
I agree with your comment on ruby..but on results and winners..McCoy stands out.
Report DECALEC January 26, 2014 3:08 PM GMT
HAD MALOWNEY EW IN THE ARKLE DOES NO 1 ON HERE NOT THINK HE HAD EVERYTHING COVERED COMING TO 2ND LAST. B4 YE ANSWER IF YE WERNT LOOKING AT HIM LOOK AGAIN CAUSE I THOUGHT HE WAS WINNING HALF THE TRACKCry
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 3:08 PM GMT
Give me Ruby's career and results any day of the week.
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 3:14 PM GMT
I prefer not to pit both against each other in tit for tat debate, but be grateful to witness both at their best. Joy to watch. The finish to the Paddy Power Chase at Xmas was a privilege to be there to see. Even if Ruby did do me for quite a few quid!!

One thing I will say about Ruby is, he has a silver tongue, and will be instrumental in guiding Ricci and Annie Power to the World Hurdle rather than Champion. When himself and Willie get a hold of Ricci when decision time arrives, I have no doubt who will prove the most persuasive.

Between them, they would talk a priest of an altar boys ar*e hole!!
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 3:14 PM GMT
*out of an altar......
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 3:18 PM GMT
wow - what a ride by Ruby
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 3:27 PM GMT
Wrong Turn looks very short in the next.
I backed him the last day, and he done the business, but for an 18 runner field, he didn't have many to beat. There was absolute carnage throughout the race. This is not much better, but he got the perfect ride that day, and is now 8lbs worse off with the runner up, who is trading at 9-1.
So have had few quid e.w on Mackeys Forge, and win bet on Knocklong, who should be much closer to the fav in the betting.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 3:47 PM GMT
Ruby again....what talent Love
Report Cmon the Town January 26, 2014 3:57 PM GMT
Any response 2day from this dream team of JP, Paul Nolan or AP on this abysmal 'performance' today of Defy Logic?
Have we heard any explaination?

We deserve something, backed in from 2-and-a-quarter to one into 5/4, always placed in his races - today: nothing.
Report tobywong. January 26, 2014 3:58 PM GMT
bbv cmon
Report pa lapsy January 26, 2014 3:59 PM GMT
Think there was an excuse after C,mon, may well have burst a vessel but not 100%
Report Cmon the Town January 26, 2014 4:05 PM GMT
I see someone's posted below, thanks to that poster, apparently it's reported a 'burst a blood vessel', how flippin' lucky he did it on the day I tipped it to win to about everyone.
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 4:10 PM GMT
Backed fav and Princely Conn against the field here.
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 4:12 PM GMT
By fav I meant K Crow.
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 4:14 PM GMT
That Sh*t in.
Report workrider January 26, 2014 4:20 PM GMT
He burst alright C'mon the Town , in fact heard from a good source that it was worse than it first appeared ..Hope he comes out of it alright...
Report The Gotchee January 26, 2014 10:00 PM GMT
The Champion Hurdle was run nearly 2 seconds slower than the Maiden Hurdle today. Hurricane Fly is a special horse but if the ground is good or better at Cheltenham he could be in vunerable.
Report kavvie January 26, 2014 10:10 PM GMT
times arnt too important in nh races.ability to quicken at right time more important.our conor was 7secs faster than county hurdle winner last yr over same course carrying 8lbs more..at 4 yrs old..
Report The Gotchee January 26, 2014 10:25 PM GMT
Times are of no importance in NH racing but in this case it implies  that the Champ Hurdle was run at a crawl so the form of the CH can't be taken literally. That's all I am saying. If the ground comes up good or better in Cheltenham, it's between The New One and Our Conor.
Report kavvie January 26, 2014 10:27 PM GMT
ill be happy if its our conor..im happy with my 8s and 10s ew
Report wildmanfromborneo January 26, 2014 10:36 PM GMT
Some great priced winners for you today The Gotchee.

I worry about the times at Irish racing meetings especially Leopardstown,they move rails,don't measure the distances.

Times not to be trusted.

Ruby Walsh was at his brilliant best all day took some risk with his ride on Sure Reef.
Report The Gotchee January 26, 2014 10:53 PM GMT
I know I have been critical of Ruby but he is the business on the big days. It's a pity Cooper got jocked off Our Conor. One thing is for sure, Dessie will have Our Conor cherry ripe in March. I remember Hardy Eustace use to get beaten around the new year by the likes of Mac's Joy and Solerina but come Cheltenham he was a different proposition. I am hoping it will be the same for Our Conor. The big danger, if the ground comes good, is The New One.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 26, 2014 11:08 PM GMT
Our Connor is completely ground dependant and will definitely miss Cooper.

One feature of Irish racing is how poorly Tony McCoy rides here,is it a lack of knowledge of the courses here or the higher standard of jockey or a bit of both.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 11:11 PM GMT
Why not have Our Connor cherry ripe today?  Big prize, big pot.

He only missed a couple of weeks training around the time of the Morgiana, never lame.  Close to being fully fit a month ago.   

Plenty of time to have him fully fit for today, I would have imagined.  I am not sure that I buy the story that you can only get a hoss cherry ripe once a season.  Should the Trainer not be told get him right for today, do our very best to win it, then lets worry about the next race(Cheltenham).
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 11:12 PM GMT
plus today's race easier to win than Cheltenham, have him ready to go and win it imo...
Report wildmanfromborneo January 26, 2014 11:21 PM GMT
Owner has given the prize money for the year to the IJF.

Our Connor loved Cheltenham last year has been trained to peak in March,its that glory the owner is after.
Report pa lapsy January 26, 2014 11:25 PM GMT
Pace is a little different generally from UK,think that and your reasons make up some of the equation he doesn,t too well.
Think Dessie done well now with our connor,he is bringing him nicely to the boil after that mistake on the flat at Navan,not sure if good enough but certainly will be thereabouts in a race where there is little difference in the main contenders here and those in the  UK, trappy trappy champ hur.
Well done The Gotchee today.
Report The Gotchee January 26, 2014 11:25 PM GMT
I don't know if you saw the interview with the owner today but from what I can make out there is only one day that matters to him and that is 11th March 2014 at about 3.15pm. He was delighted with the run and like him I am sure there is more to come.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 11:25 PM GMT
Horse might be lame or dead by then Borneo.

This whole deifacation of Cheltenham over and above all else gets on my t1ts.  Are we not etitled to see fully fit horses compete for our prizes?  Bad enough small fields, now the hosses are not even ready cos its not Cheltenham?

Feck Cheltenham.  It's overhyped and over rated.  More fuss over it than Christmas.
Report callitasucit January 26, 2014 11:31 PM GMT
Its better than Christmas though Oz!! Though fully agree with what you say. Henrietta Knight started it all.
Report The Gotchee January 26, 2014 11:35 PM GMT
Cheltenham is the Holy Grail. If I could make a comparison, Today was like winning the Premier League whereas Cheltenham is the Champions League.

It's overhyped and over rated.  More fuss over it than Christmas.Laugh
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 11:37 PM GMT
I don't know what started it, callit.  More money in Ireland, better horses, more Cheltenham winners, the feeling we could finally go toe to toe with the Brits...all of a sudden we had this out of control Monster.

My head does be in a spin by the time it comes round.  100 different hosses spinning around in my head thanks to those god awful preview evenings.  I does be wound up to 90 and frequently let down as 4 odd favourites go in over the 4 days.

Contrast that with Aintree, which just joyfully arrives without any fuss or bluster or over-hype and is all the better for it.  More profitable punting too in my experience.

Don't talk to me about this discomforts of actually attending the Cheltenham Festival!  I would much  prefer the likes of Balinrobe or Windsor on a sleepy Monday evening.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 26, 2014 11:38 PM GMT
Its the Cheltenham previews that get me,overdone.

Cheltenham during the festival is a magical place,there is something uniquely Irish about it yet its in a beautiful part of England.

J P McManus is prepared to be easy on some of his just to get that festival win.
Barry OConnell rode his own horse to win a bumper at a side Cheltenham meeting said it was one of his best moment racing.

The crowds of Irish that go to the November meeting are testament to the racecourse.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 26, 2014 11:41 PM GMT
You know you are old when you find the crowds at Cheltenham too big,I crossed that line many years ago.

I loved Fakenham races down the years and loved the small crowds there.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 11:43 PM GMT
I'm young (and virile) enough borneo to cope with the crowds, doesn't mean i enjoy them though.
Report The Gotchee January 26, 2014 11:46 PM GMT
Is that with or without the Via gra?
Report wildmanfromborneo January 26, 2014 11:48 PM GMT
You were doing so well,no swearing no lies a decent discussion and then you go and spoil it all.

I thought the beating Richters gave you had turned you into a positive contributor.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 11:51 PM GMT
Ok then so you save our Connor for Chelt, then you have the risk does he travel over well, is he comfortable in his new stable, is he eating up etc...the you have got to go and beat the damn Brits.

Nah, if I am ever lucky enough to have a top Hoss, I will have him cherry ripe for out own big events, and have Cheltenham as the icing on the cake rather than the main event.  Go there as a winner with a few big pots in my pocket and see what happens.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 11:52 PM GMT
I dropped the 'virile' in for your benefit, Borneo Love
Report wildmanfromborneo January 26, 2014 11:54 PM GMT
I thought Rocketfingers was the virile one.

I agree with you about Our Connor because i think he has to have soft ground,if it comes up good he might as well have stayed at home.
Report Ozymandius January 26, 2014 11:56 PM GMT
He has a head like a Piebald Hoss on him too, not sure if that counts for anything.  Must be one of the uglier hosses in training.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 26, 2014 11:58 PM GMT
Rocketfingers or Our Connor?
Report pa lapsy January 27, 2014 12:00 AM GMT
He got a bad doing over as said above at Navan Ozy, hard to blame D H for not rushing him imo,very nearly good enough today and no shame to get that close after looking the winner at the last. No toe with him,travels and wins easy or looks a slight bit one paced in defeat. Think they have done right for the horse myself.
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 12:01 AM GMT
I believe The Rock cuts quite a dash on The Riviera.

I must retire for the evening.

Good night, Borneo.
Report wildmanfromborneo January 27, 2014 12:03 AM GMT
Neither Steve Ovett or Kratochvilova were blessed with looks.

Not surprised Ozymandius you took some pummelling from Richters,your like those old style cricketers taking punishment from bowlers but trying not to show it.
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 12:04 AM GMT
We don't even know for a fact that he wasn't 100% ready today, Pa, only surmising.
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 12:08 AM GMT
Kratochvilova Laugh

I wouldn't even pad up going to face, Richters.  By contrast I would have a helmet and box against you, even if you were bowling spin.
Report pa lapsy January 27, 2014 12:10 AM GMT
No we don,t but was bound to be fitter than last time, is there a bit of sour grapes concerning Our Connor as your bet was Jezki without the Fly?  Really do think something nasty happened with that flat run and D H is entitled to look after the horse to some extent.
Report The Gotchee January 27, 2014 12:12 AM GMT
I will leave you on this note, the only time Our Conor ran over hurdles when the ground had good in it's description was when he won the Triumph by 15 lengths last year. All his siblings were at their best on good/fast ground so it is my belief that if it comes up good or better he will have an outstanding chance in the CH.
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 12:19 AM GMT
Ah no, no sour grapes, my main bet was on the Fly.

I just don't like to be relying on hosses to come on for the run.  Maybe first time out, or if inadequate preparation time, which I don't think really applies in this case.  Or if the Trainer has said he wasn't ready, to my knowledge he hasn't.
Report pa lapsy January 27, 2014 12:25 AM GMT
Not a bit evident from the thread your"main bet" was the Fly,you just mentioned the one, not saying for a second it wasn,t but you gave WR a hard time after him saying he backed one after the race, double standards Ozy.
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 12:30 AM GMT
FFS, Pa, I know you are keen to jump down my throat at the first possible opportunity, but I mentioned that i was backing The Fly on here.  Would you like me to dig it out for you?
Report pa lapsy January 27, 2014 12:34 AM GMT
I,m not jumping down your throat at all,dig it out for me so.
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 12:34 AM GMT
Ozymandius  26 Jan 14 10:56
Laugh  Exactly...that's about as much as my opinions on Horses are worth!  Not worth the paper they are written on!  The Fly wins if fit and well....let's hope he is.

A brief apology will suffice, if you are man enough, that is.  I won't hold my breath.
Report pa lapsy January 27, 2014 12:41 AM GMT
Don,t know what thread that,s from,certainly not this one,bit ambigious as didn,t mention you were backing him. Must hit the leaba,see ya tomorrow.
Report Ozymandius January 27, 2014 12:43 AM GMT
Mullered into him at 4/6, thanks be to Jaysus.  Have a great night, Pa xx
Report dinglemick January 27, 2014 11:50 AM GMT
For those like myself that are members of the Jezki fan club the only glimmer of hope i think i can gain from the race is that Jessies horses clearly are out of form ... She had no winner over christmas and had one winner in January ( annie oakley ) ....  i thought both Rock the world and Jezki ran very free in the early parts of their races yesterday ...

I don t agree with all the Our Connor optimism on here ... Maybe people are reading too much into the fact he was 7 on the machine before the off and presume there would be more the next day ?? .....he had every chance of beating the fly yesterday , better jump at the last and if anything the fly was going away again at the finish .... The fly , The new one and My Tent ( if he gets up the hill ) are ahead IMO ...
So with what i would think  a below par Jezki and Captain Cee bee rated in the 140s finishing close up there should be a slight question mark over yesterday ...
The New One is probably the safest option at the moment ...long way to go though as ruby said yesterday there will be at least one horse a week falling by the wayside with injury from now on ...
Report easygold January 27, 2014 5:48 PM GMT
Hi Dingle, nothing in the field will get to Un De Sceaux on any ground if he lines-up 14/1, 12/1 with-a-run is the best value out there by a long,long, way that is for sure.
Report soapp January 28, 2014 7:20 PM GMT
Just read this thread now. Unbelievable tipping by The Gotchee. Good thread all round.
Report Slabster January 28, 2014 8:17 PM GMT
Dingle if I was a Jezki fan I'd take Sunday's race and forget about it altogether, a disaster from the start tactics-wise and I don't think he should be judged on it all. He's come out to a more reasonable price now too, was a bit short at around 7/1 beforehand!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com