Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GEORGE.B
22 Dec 13 23:59
| Topic/replies: 52,924 | Blogger: GEORGE.B's blog
Shocked

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 87
By:
silvergreaser
When: 23 Dec 13 11:36
I presume you are on about the Kevin Blake book thread George?

I don't know as the last post I seen on it was Kingrat challenging Kevin to a tipping contest and calling him a liar, there was probably a few other posts after that that caused it to be pulled, some other posters might know?.
By:
kingrat
When: 23 Dec 13 12:31
for the record sil,i never challenged blake to a tipping contest,u were probably out of it as usual.
my guess is blake got it pulled,he knew the game was up.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 23 Dec 13 12:47
Bit early to be out of it rat, I think it was around midday when I read your last post.

Sounded like some sort of challenge.
By:
thegiggilo
When: 23 Dec 13 12:51
Why would he have the thread pulled.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 23 Dec 13 12:52
It was pulled because the foul mouthed Kingrat descended into his usual personal abuse.

Irish Whisper politely answered all on here,one poster questioned the veracity of his bets,it was explained on umpteen occasions that it had been verified but not enough for Kingrat the usual foul mouthed abuse followed.

Blake is one of the best journalists around,I will read the book over Christmas although I prefer historical ones and hope he manages to win the naps table.
By:
thegiggilo
When: 23 Dec 13 12:53
It was pulled on the racing forum as well early hours.
By:
kingrat
When: 23 Dec 13 12:56
^^he could not take the heat and feared for his book sales.
anyway sil,after clerks choice won,u were last seen legging it from the bookies to the pub!Laugh
By:
Ozymandius
When: 23 Dec 13 13:06
Playing Devils Advocate here...I don't know Kevin Blake and don't wish to question the man, personally  but

...Some might argue that Irish Field verification of one of their own is not exactly independent. It's years since I saw a copy, but are they not dependent on betting/industry advertising?
By:
pa lapsy
When: 23 Dec 13 13:07
Agree it may have been his request,doubt it had anything to do with Kingrat,only other possible explanation might have been seen to be advertising though don,t believe that myself.
It did get a very cynical response in the main on horse racing forum, not sure how many that commented there actually read the book,not many i would think,
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 23 Dec 13 13:12
Its a fair point Ozymandius,I get the Irish Field every week and its one big advertisement.

Its stallion review section is a joke,all stallions are great value.

Its book review section another joke,all books by their own or well known journalists are excellent reads,ones by unknowns are poorly researched or poorly written.

Doubt if Kevin Blake would doctor his figures anyway but it would surely get out if he did.
By:
redbait
When: 23 Dec 13 13:17
I'd suggest it was pulled as ratty defamed Blake on multiple occasions!

Ratty has been invited to put his money where his mouth is and inspect the account for himself, but he has bottled it and is now lashing out like a scolded child looking for attention. As I said on the thread before it was pulled, ratty's mouth is clearly bigger than his balls/wallet.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 23 Dec 13 13:22
Ratty proposed an alternative verification method, arguably more convenient than meeting up, which was declined.

In any event, neither verification methods proposed are bulletproof.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 23 Dec 13 13:26
Not true Ozy,as the rat says he is from Dublin,no bother at all to go to one of the many race meetings in the area and get paid a grand for his trouble.So why not go?
By:
Ozymandius
When: 23 Dec 13 13:27
It's open to doctoring, Pa, as is the method Ratser proposed himself.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 23 Dec 13 13:29
Loath as I am to support Kingrat it wasn't because of him.

Gigolo has told us the same type thread was pulled on the racing forum,no sign of Kingrat on that.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 23 Dec 13 13:30
Do you honestly think K B would doctor anything, 1.01 would be way too big and you know that yourself Ozy,you,re not thick stupid.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 23 Dec 13 13:39
Thank's Pa. I don't know the man tbf and not suggesting he would.  Easy to do though, is what i am saying.

I knew I should have trademarked my other username btw (itcanbedone).
By:
thegiggilo
When: 23 Dec 13 13:44
The last posts on the racing thread were by myself as I mentioned I had 3 years worth of results did similar thing to blake but mailed them to a collection of people on betfair the night before with prices and also put the picks on an open forum for 2 years all which can still be accessed and i still send out.I just put up October and Novembers results out of interest as I knew they would probably be better which they were,then the thread was pulled early hours.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 23 Dec 13 13:47
I don,t know did you read it Ozy but he is meticulous in his betting records and that would in all probability extend also to financial records backing that up,rat would of lost his grand as you well know hence as said by others he either hasn,t got a grand or knew the proof was there.He funked it.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 23 Dec 13 13:55
Haven't read it, Pa.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 23 Dec 13 14:08
that thread has made this forum popular all of a sudden, the amounts claimed in the book that he won, must say really put me off
buying a copy, im sure lots people are still looking for the holy grail of gambling, dont doubt for a minute that he actually won
those amounts. goodluck to the guy for writing a book, industry needs interesting stories about people winning money from gambling
because in real life, only few chosen people actually learn what it takes to find winners on a consistent basis, know how much time
and effort needed to make a succession of breakthroughs, for an excellent overall understanding of horses, you never stop learning,
its what makes horse racing one of the most complete and interesting of work to do, nothing less than becoming wealthy is acceptable.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 23 Dec 13 14:10
If a fellow with his connections in the industry can't make money backing hosses, who can?
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 23 Dec 13 14:24
Ozymandius I am surprised at you.

Most gambling journalists lose
Most gambling trainers lose
All gambling jockeys lose.

This is as old as time despite all the changes.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 23 Dec 13 14:28
True, 'most' but not all.  If you are in an information pipeline of that quality and can discern the flak form the good stuff, do your homework, then it is possible to win.
By:
tony57
When: 23 Dec 13 14:38
I have no doubt it was pulled co,s of the fool who called the man a liar..it descended into him calling him out twice...when kevin offered him the chance to sort it..as normal..the fools arse dropped again..kevin called him what he is...TROLL..no doubt it was pulled for that or at kevins request..there no doubt that whatever chance there was to ask the man a question on anything is now over...as his last post stated ..im off.....I myself will never reply to the fool again..i only wish others would ignore him then maybe....the site may just get back to talking shop ?
By:
pa lapsy
When: 23 Dec 13 14:41
No Ozy,information was all but swept aside,homework(study) wasn,t.Interesting The Giggolo 13.44 "did similar thing to Blake" presume by that you mean you had the same general approach in regards a selection(not really fair to describe it for those waiting to read it), but rather than the negatives on the thread concerning getting on etc surely nothing at all wrong with the way he came up with one though accept we all see things differently.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 23 Dec 13 14:45
How on earth do you sweep aside all information?

Did he lock himself in a room and refuse to answer a phone for the year?  The guy works at the Irish Field, right and presumably goes to all race meetings?
By:
RoyalAcademy
When: 23 Dec 13 14:46
Anyone posting here with a known identity needs their head examined. It can only end in tears regardless of the initial intentions.
By:
thegiggilo
When: 23 Dec 13 14:56
I've been sending out my picks for 3 years to certain members on betfair 95% of prices sent out night before,so obviously a huge amount of bets that I have recorded plus for 2 years I posted them on an open forum similarly putting them up between 4-5pm night before.I made enough money in my first 6 years of betting to not bet again but I three years ago I deliberately went out to proof my results they are all acessible on the site and all the emails I sent out but over a few seasons and thousands of bets.The people on here I emailed them to I wouldn't know some have hardly ever replied I just wanted some that would keep bets to themselves or looked reliable,so I now have 3 years worth of results I can refer back to with all the figures.Very much doubt I will go back through those 3 seasons now unless asked but I just went through my last 2/3 months and roi was over 90% and at sp 30% short period of time those figures but over 115 bets.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 23 Dec 13 15:04
Thanks for the reply The Giggolo,wasn,t sure whether you initially were talking about either similar way of getting a selection or proofing results.Very impressive figures btw.
By:
thegiggilo
When: 23 Dec 13 15:32
Someone asked me why would I tell everyone the picks,basically I just wanted to prove a point but I didn't want any loopholes so sent out emails to random people on here plus the back up of not one forum but I also used a known tipsters forum where I posted the picks my roi was 5x better than his subscription service under another alias!!ShockedLast couple of nights I've mentioned this on betfair,purely because I saw the thread about the book etc and how figures were unachievable impossible etc,i still send the bets out even now and see it as an ongoing record of how it can be done!
By:
pa lapsy
When: 23 Dec 13 15:57
Ozy,to answer your question,its more a good eye and a very good knowledge of racing i think.
Royal Academy you are spot on and it is a pity in its own way.
Like yourself think it can be done as well Thegiggolo and back to the original topic really thought the book despite some of the criticism had enough valid points to at worst improve anyones punting.
By:
kingrat
When: 23 Dec 13 16:45
this is the thing gentlemen.i put blake on the spot and asked him to put up his lad's a/c.he consistenly refuses to do so.its no big thing to do so,he has nothing to hide.to use his parlance "its as simple as that"
as i have said,if i am wrong,i will apologise to him.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 23 Dec 13 16:53
Ratty bring your grand down to Leopardstown,tis only down the road from ya,don,t be asking the man to show his account on a public forum for all to see, said he has no problems showing you,whats wrong? Set up the meeting.
By:
kingrat
When: 23 Dec 13 16:57
btw whats the odds blake gets this thread pulled?just thought i would get that in,a pre-emptive strike if u like.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 23 Dec 13 18:25
I don,t think he,ll be doing that Rat,as said you are only down the road from Leopardstown,why not put a message here and have a meet up.No excuse really.
By:
redbait
When: 23 Dec 13 18:26
FFS ratty, copy and pasting it on here tells you no more than is in the book and it would prove nothing as it could be easily edited. The only bulletproof way to do it is to look at the logged in account in person as he has suggested as that can't be doctored. Why won't you do it?
By:
kingrat
When: 23 Dec 13 18:34
u can stand up for yre pal,all u like red and thats fair enough.tbh with u,yre nonsense is of no consequence.
  i will ask blake yet again to put up his lad's a/c
By:
pa lapsy
When: 23 Dec 13 18:39
Thats all you can say and that is one sad defense for you, for anyone to put their acc on a public forum. You,re bollixless Rat,you made the accusations and are unwilling to stand by them by meeting the man face to face,internet troll behind a keyboard is right.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com