Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 204 comments are related to the topic:
Meade And Mullins Still Avoiding Each Other In Bumpers.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 204
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 19 Oct 13 20:11
This day last year at Naas I highlighted the sustained gamble in the bumper on Noel Meades Road To Riches.

The betting started 2/1 Road To Riches and 9/4 Great Jones for Willie Mullins.
Great Jones won his bumper in Tramore but looked a doubtful stayer( by Johannesburg ) yet on bottomless ground they upped him in distance three furlongs.
The lads in the know got it and did some furtive laying of Great Jones but then the avalanche of money came for Road To Riches any price became a good price result backed from 2/1 into 8/13.

This dose was repeated in a maiden hurdle in Punchestown when in what looked like a decent race Road To Riches was backed from around 4/5 to an incredible 1/6 to beat an unfit looking Pride Of The Parish.

Tomorrow Noel Meade has no runner in a race he has won four times with favourites in the last year but Willie Mullins has Goldboy.

In Cork however Meade runs Harvey Logan in the bumper with no opposition from Willie Mullins,Harvey Logan had previously run second in a Limerick bumper ( no Mullins runner ) was then off loaded to J P McManus.

It could all be coincidence,it could be because of ground but it seems to me they are taking turns.
By:
by purpose
When: 19 Oct 13 20:37
I think you have made your point.Can you move on from this please..
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 19 Oct 13 22:26
they hav it down to a fine art now......even the other day meades was well bet again.......beat mullins in a photo......and survived a stewards enquiry......when they are that good at it.......we have no chance......
By:
workrider
When: 19 Oct 13 23:41
Would have make you look a fool though Nutty , sorry i forgot you are one .....remember he was a 100/1 shot according to you....Laugh
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 20 Oct 13 10:01
Paulie Wallnuts " we have no chance "
The word we is inappropriate as your boss is one of the combined forces.
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 20 Oct 13 11:27
whos this boss you are on about......I don't work.....so I don't hav a boss.......and I don't hav to answer to anybody......yer imagination is all over the place again........if yer not careful ya will finish up in johno's.......with your buddy.......
By:
Ozymandius
When: 20 Oct 13 12:03
Harvey Logan NR, Mullins must be properly peed off,
By:
one last chance
When: 20 Oct 13 14:22
Ahh road to riches great memories 2/1 was sum price  (it was shorter so get the facts correct )Grinit's great when ya know when to put the money down
By:
dj876
When: 23 Oct 13 23:05
Noel Meade with a bumper runner at Thurles.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 23 Oct 13 23:22
It looks a decent bumper but I wouldn't be surprised if Harvey Logan doesn't run.

The Crawfords have fond memories of Thurles and have two live sorts in it but having watched the Goldboy demolition job in Naas think the Willie Mullins horses are way ahead of the rest.
By:
dj876
When: 24 Oct 13 23:41
Harvey Logan was indeed a NR.
Frampton ran very well perhaps didn't get the run of the race but a Tom Hogan winner so you won't be complaining(form behind another Fenton horse at Limerick)

It was a decent card,much of a crowd there 200/250??How many books?
Very unusual betting in running on Clarcam- didn't correspond with the pictures at all..
Would you be critical of Rupert on Drive time??
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 25 Oct 13 00:12
A lot more than 250 but I wouldn't be the best at evaluating the number a lot more than a thousand I would think.

Twenty to twenty five books not doing a whole lot of business.

All the big punters were there.

The bumper winner Gocheck is owned By Gordon Lord Byrons owner Morgan Cahalan who lives fairly near me,his luck is really in.
Simply Gooch looked patently unfit to me.

The word on Clarcam was they wanted to withdraw him because of the ground which caused a late drift.

I wonder did Drive Time stay the extra two furlongs,he certainly has his own way of jumping hurdles I think he was trying to nurse him home.
By:
dj876
When: 25 Oct 13 16:19
I have to admit I rarely go to the smaller meetings anymore but was in Clonmel in February-there wasn't 150 there.
Thurles is privately owned and you can give me the spiel about tradition etc but the place is some kip,facilities are non-existent(but some good cards)

No wonder you couldn't find WR with the crowd.Wink
Green lightsCrazy-The forum is really hitting rock bottom.

No financial involvement in Drive Time's race-he was very short for a chaser having a prep run even though he has plenty of ability(not aftertiming because I didn't lay him either).
Question I would ask is if the race was run 10 times,how many times would Drive Time win it??

I don't think I have ever seen you criticise a jockey and you must be aware of what a lot of them are capable of??

Do the oncourse books even cover their expenses anymore or make a wage.
Some of them play in running(most of them tho have hit PC and DAQ in running isn't viable) if you watch.
Are the "big punters"(plenty of them former books) punting with the oncourse books?(who takes them on if they do?)
By:
Bigwillystyle
When: 25 Oct 13 16:53
DJ what are you on about?  Drive time was not a chaser having a prep!  Every other horse in the field was.

Frampton was the best horse in the field.  Jockey gave him a bad ride!
By:
dj876
When: 25 Oct 13 16:58
Apologies Bigwilly getting him mixed up with on his own.
I thought it was a shocker tho,Ruby was trying to win cutely.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 25 Oct 13 18:19
Now if it was Robbie Power..?
By:
Tolmi
When: 25 Oct 13 20:07
I looked at the Drive Time race again as I didn't recall anything wrong with the ride at the time.I thought Ruby was trying to preserve Drive Time's stamina and didn't throw everything at him until approaching the last.In my opinion he did nothing wrong but was beaten by a stronger stayer who would have won a bit easier but for being untidy at both the last two flights.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 27 Oct 13 18:35
To balance a post i made regarding N M drifters, Ange Balafre was available at 2.5 most of the day having strengthen from 2.8 approx earlier,drifted to 3.2 at the off and despite being in a good position early was quickly out to 3.8/3.9.Most likely an innocent explanation or else a bad day for some taking him on.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 01 Dec 13 00:39
They took each other on today in the bumper although it was half hearted.

The combined forces knew the one to be on,Shaneshill punted all day they knew The Herds Garden was no danger.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 01 Dec 13 22:57
Paulie reread the thread.

I accept stables know what's going on in other stables but its the way the Meade and Mullins stables avoid each others good ones is remarkable.

The combined forces are punters known to you knowing this informal arrangement and punting the living daylights out of the chosen one.

Ninas new role seems to be affecting her riding as she seems to have lost something,maybe staying out of the clutches of her boss is taking its toll.
By:
ChildOfMine2
When: 02 Dec 13 18:48
Nina & Meade came up to Willie after Saturday's Bumper and told him they can't believe their fella was beat. It was also punted all day long so your theory is wrong about that one.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 04 Dec 13 10:10
Knew N.Meade wasn't going great with his bumper runners which seemed contradictory to previous years,how bad i was a bit taken aback. With just the 3 winners in the last 12 months from 41 runners(18 placed ok but a 7% strike rate) that to me is fairly chronic.
In contrast W Mullins has 41 winners from 108 runners,a 38% strike rate( +£38 to a level stake profit btw).
I believe personally they are avoiding each to a fair extent at this stage of the season with what are considered their better horses, maybe it is a freak season but it certainly doesn,t seem to be doing N Meade any good whatsoever.
By:
newapproach
When: 04 Dec 13 11:52
I thought Mullins' comments in the racing post yesterday were rather strange with regard to Rubi Ball. I only had time to glance at them in the bookies shop so I may have picked them up wrong but he seemed to to say that he told his punters not to back the horse because 1/2 was too short a price. Referring to 'his punters' seemed like strange terminology to use.

He also mentioned how impressed by shaneshill bumper win the last day and as suggested in this thread seemed to know a lot about the expectations of the meade runner in that race.
By:
Arklearkle
When: 04 Dec 13 12:08
To be blunt about it I cant for the life of me see why WM would be avoiding NMs bumper horses. A total of 3 winners in 2013 one in March at Downpatrick one in June at Kilbeggan and one in September at Roscommon. He had of course two winners last December. He had his normal quota of winners in October and November 2012. Perhaps he has changed tack and is concentrating on the Jan-Apr period. Anyway I reckon Wildman has been imagining things.
By:
ChildOfMine2
When: 04 Dec 13 18:34
newapproach, Willie said that he told those people to back Rubi Ball at 1/2 as he thought it was a great price. Hence he was disappointed that the horse was beat!
By:
pa lapsy
When: 04 Dec 13 19:09
Very funny Paulie, actually have to agree with you describing his young horses "as not worth a pinch of shiiite" which was my post in essence this morning, still the ongoing one trainer does not declare if the two trainers have entries in the majority of cases is continuing.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 04 Dec 13 19:19
Wouldn,t think N M has too many bullets left to fire,maybe that pointer that beat Andy Kelly handily would be one of his last big hopes,interesting to see will W M give him a free run with him over the weekend.
By:
newapproach
When: 04 Dec 13 19:20
Thanks for clearing that up Com2.
Still find it strange that he even mentioned it considering that he has often mentioned in interviews before that he doesn't like to bet himself.
By:
workrider
When: 04 Dec 13 19:24
Wildmanfromborneo has been telling ye for years about the Big punters in this yard....
By:
tobywong.
When: 04 Dec 13 19:39
Cry
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 04 Dec 13 21:20
The thread title has the word STILL in it for a reason.

This is an old trend and it has been somewhat bypassed by time,I have given case after case on many different threads,on page two of this thread I have cited more examples but the decline in Noel Meades fortunes has meant this is now becoming a rarity.

The last gamble landed by a Noel Meade horse in a bumper was Ange Balafre in Roscommon,no Willie Mullins runner both set of punters back it which forced its price from threes into evens.

Sicilian Secret was one I remember from around five years ago,Noel Meade was given a solo run in bumpers in October and November then Willie Mullins started to farm out the bumpers with no opposition from Noel Meade.
Sicilian Secret was moderate yet won his bumper at odds of 4/11.

Willie Mullins likes his good horses to have easy introductions which is why the informal arrangement suited both,Noel Meade never ran a good one of his against a good one of Willie Mullins in bumpers or maiden hurdles.

An unfortunate side effect for Willie Mullins was the word leaked out and monster punts were landed.
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 04 Dec 13 21:34
out of interest wildman.....if big Jessie was ripe for the picking some night.....would willie say to noel .....after you buddy.....or would he tackle it himself.....
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 04 Dec 13 21:39
Neither men seem able to control themselves in that department.

You do realise Jessica Harrington is in her sixties.

I earlier asked you to reread this thread,I will do so again.
By:
paulie wallnuts
When: 04 Dec 13 21:45
noel meade is in his 60's too.....and mullins is 57......so I don't see the age gap being any bother......
By:
paulie wallnuts
noel meade is in his 60's too.....and mullins is 57......so I don't see the age gap being any bother......
By:
workrider
You're asking for miracles there Wildmanfromborneo , he only sees what he wants to see...
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 04 Dec 13 21:52
It is typical that in a horse racing discussion Paulie Wallnuts has got his prurient interest in geriatric sex into the mix.

He reminds me of Ozymandius and Rocketfingers with all their bluster trying to show their heterosexual credentials,yet both are lonely and have never known kiss of sweetheart,never known caress of wife.
By:
workrider
When: 04 Dec 13 21:55
Paulie is probably about 5ft 4ins living at home with mammy , trying to sound like a tv character he watches ...I'd say if his mammy ever read the stuff he puts on here she would kill him....
By:
Ozymandius
When: 04 Dec 13 21:56
For me nothing beats the sweet gagging of crack ho as you rattle her tonsils Love
By:
Arklearkle
When: 04 Dec 13 21:59
Wildman you started the thread in early October and as you said yourself it had still in the title and yet NM has had only one bumper winner since June. I reckon Wildman your imagination is running wild!
Page 4 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com