Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 204 comments are related to the topic:
Meade And Mullins Still Avoiding Each Other In Bumpers.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 204
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 04 Oct 13 14:25
Those that backed Sizing Rio in the morning at 7/2 did so knowing it would have little effect on here,in fact there was five grand laid at around 1.43 on Cops and Robbers around the same time.

All gambles now are multifaceted.
By:
joevalue147
When: 04 Oct 13 15:49
Childofmine2 you might ask Ruby his opinion on this matter the next time your interviewing him ?? Sure doesnt your employers have a close relationship with the Ruby/Mullins connection. Blush
By:
tony57
When: 04 Oct 13 15:52
joe value..employers?
By:
joevalue147
When: 04 Oct 13 16:10
Ah im only slagging tony. COM2 used to flag up Pad Powers betting so often one could be forgiven for thinking he worked for them!!!!!! lol
By:
tony57
When: 04 Oct 13 16:20
oh ..lol..I get you..
By:
RicksonG
When: 05 Oct 13 20:12
How do you expect to run with the wolves come night, when you spend all day sporting with the puppies?
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 12 Oct 13 11:28
You could not bet the odds on that RicksonG s quote is from some infantile TV programme.

The avoiding is spreading to maiden hurdles,Willie Mullins has a stable full of maiden hurdlers but no way is he going to pit one of his against Apache Stronghold.
Competitive racing is what we all want but this deal is preventing it and I think it suits Noel Meade more.

Its proof that there is far too much racing,most trainers really want solo runs for their horses but that shouldn't be entertained.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 12 Oct 13 11:35
I'd like to see you call Omar from the Wire 'infantile'.

It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me?
By:
workrider
When: 12 Oct 13 11:41
FFS DEL , GROW UP ...DONT RUIN ANOTHER THREAD WITH YOUR INFANTILE RAMBLINGS...GO AWAY AND LEAVE RACING THREADS TO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT RACING IS ALL ABOUT....
By:
Ozymandius
When: 12 Oct 13 11:43
Are you not a Wire fan, Wonkmeister? It's like an urban version of The Riordans.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 12 Oct 13 11:46
You could not bet the odds on that Ozymandius would know it also.

The man with a misspelt name from poetry when trying to ingratiate himself with Keen Leader quoted an inappropriate Shakespearean sonnet.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 12 Oct 13 11:48
You,ve a great memory if you you watched the Riordans Ozy,must be 40 years ago that was on.
By:
workrider
When: 12 Oct 13 11:49
I refuse to answer you after this , it only allows you to engage in more rubbish and ruin thread after thread , sadly people who enjoy a bit of banter , and the occasional piss take , are now rightly pissed off with you and your followers destroying their enjoyment by your constant rantings..end of....
By:
Ozymandius
When: 12 Oct 13 11:55
What's not to love about keen Leader?  Did the business yet again yesterday Cool

Omar is like Benjy Riordan gone wrong.  I think you might like the show, Borneo.  Bit multiracial though.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 12 Oct 13 12:01
amazing....Borneo makes a disparaging comment about a quote posted by Rickson from one of the greatest characters in arguably the most critically acclaimed tv show of all time.

I recognise the quote, educate Borneo as to its origin...and now the Wonkmeister goes off on one as if I am the font of all evil.

You really couldn't make it up! Laugh
By:
GANT007
When: 12 Oct 13 12:05
Ozymandius..........I bet you could make it up.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 12 Oct 13 12:06
“Come on, now. When you ever know me to put my gun on anybody that wasn’t in the game?"
By:
dj876
When: 12 Oct 13 16:20
Or maybe the ground is just too quick to run the better ones.Mullins said last week they had to bring them back on to the artificial surface at Closutton because of the drying ground.
Apache Stronghold also a non runner due to the ground.
By:
neill d
When: 12 Oct 13 16:35
November to may is Mullins season he always says these days.
By:
dj876
When: 12 Oct 13 22:28
I enjoy Wildman's racing contributions on here,there is no doubting his knowledge of or passion for Irish racing which leaps out of the page at you but I have to say I find this theory bizarre.

What does Willie Mullins gain from this agreement??
I doubt Noel Meade even registers with him when plotting races(not anymore anyway).He's hardly going to need to ask Noel Meade not to put in a challenger against one of his better ones because he'd beat 99% of Meade's yard by a minimum of 10 lengths anyway.

So Willie Mullins is on a continuous basis doing Noel Meade a favour??
No chance,WPM is driven,obsessed by success ask any jockey that has ever rode for him they will tell you.

I think today's example reveals that it's more to do with the time of the season and the ground than any agreement.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 12 Oct 13 23:18
I do know one thing dj Meade and the Mullins family get on like a house on fire as they say, often like a drink or 6 together, so its not as far fetched as you might think dj particularly in such a closely knit community like Irish racing.
By:
dj876
When: 12 Oct 13 23:23
Silvergreaser I am well aware of that.I wish you wouldn't explain things on here as if you're talking to people who only have a passing interest in racing such as a few weeks ago you helpfully informed me that Derrick Smyth liked a bet.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 12 Oct 13 23:25
A simple way to have some line maybe is to document the 5 day entries and see then who runs on the day.
By:
dj876
When: 12 Oct 13 23:28
What did you think of today's example Pa?
Wasn't it rude of Noel Meade to withdraw Apache stronghold after WPM giving him a free ride?
Pa,give me a possible motive for WPM being part of this agreement?(bearing in mind how driven he is)
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 12 Oct 13 23:36
I think its an informal thing and has gone on for a long time.
Willie Mullins has left Meade way behind and it certainly is to Meades benefit.
Their good ones never clash in ordinary bumpers or maiden hurdles,this has a side affect of the horses when they get a solo are backed off the boards.

To me the Meade stable is run for gamblers and I never will back a horse from that stable again.

Gordon Elliott gets a hard time on here yet despite the fact he has some frightening owners his horses run well even when they drift.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 12 Oct 13 23:40
Inside track and firm ground done for him today
The next time Apache Stronghold runs I am confident Willie Mullins won't take him on.
By:
dj876
When: 12 Oct 13 23:44
Firm ground- the same reason WPM didn't have a runner not because of some agreement.
You obviously know very little about Willie Mullins if you believe that on a regular basis he's given Noel Meade a free run,just doesn't add up.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 12 Oct 13 23:46
Took very little interest in Fairyhouse today DJ,had a look at the card and the first time i hadn,t a bet in ages in Ireland.
Maybe the horse wasn,t well today( got a small injury, off colour etc)
Can,t give you a motive DJ but looking at the decs the last couple of weeks it looked to me they are avoiding each other, I will document on here 5 day entries and who runs for the next few weeks and see will there be a trend.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 12 Oct 13 23:53
dj876     12 Oct 13 23:23  
Silvergreaser I am well aware of that.I wish you wouldn't explain things on here as if you're talking to people who only have a passing interest in racing such as a few weeks ago you helpfully informed me that Derrick Smyth liked a bet.

Wasn't that to explain as to why the Coolmore clan often hoodwink the public, you said what have they to gain by stopping potential stallions and I said such is their dominance they can do what they like, they even sent an Irish Derby winner to the Ascot Gold Cup, virtually unheard of dj.
By:
dj876
When: 12 Oct 13 23:55
No point in doing it for the next 2 weeks when Mullins has stated he won't be working them on the grass while the ground is firm,his runners will be very limited.
To be honest to be suggesting a theory without presenting any even possible logical motive is a nonsense and this theory contradicts everything that is known about the character of WPM.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 13 Oct 13 00:07
Dj, you obviously love your racing and very knowledgeable but you can be naive sometimes.

The Mullins family have a notorious reputation.
By:
dj876
When: 13 Oct 13 00:17
Are you boozed again greaser?Wink
Not for a minute suggesting that WPM doesn't get up to all the tricks that are common place throughout this sport.

What I am saying is he wouldn't be doing anyone(including his own brothers)a continuous favour like suggested here.
The man is absolutely obsessed with success,he's difficult to work with and demands complete respect,Have to be careful what I am saying here but he runs a very strict regime with his jockeys.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 13 Oct 13 00:26
Willie Mullins not alone doesn't back horses but he has an aversion to gambling.

The advantage for Willie Mullins is that when he runs his novice hurdlers he likes to give them an easy introduction so if Meade has a good one he goes elsewhere neither want a ding dong battle early in their horses careers.

Can anyone point me to a maiden hurdle where a Willie Mullins good one has taken on a Noel Meade good one.
By:
dj876
When: 13 Oct 13 00:32
The strong motive suggested ^ is conclusive,Good night.
By:
silvergreaser
When: 13 Oct 13 00:35
Jesus I cant say a word and I get accused of been boozing, personally I wish I could afford to.
By:
Arklearkle
When: 13 Oct 13 15:28
Silver study the WPM runners and start backing them. You'll soon have enough money to drink the Curragh dry. Don't let your biases get in the way of winning.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 14 Oct 13 10:19
I was talking to a guy who is ITK and he said this was nonsense, i asked him to proof it and with 2 minutes he had shown loads of different races where both had ran horses against each other. This guy is a top pro so knows his stuff and i was impressed how quickly this was dismissed out of hand.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 14 Oct 13 10:23
We need to get dj on 'Today Tonight' or whatever it's called these days.  He is like Ireland's answer to Jeremy Paxman.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 14 Oct 13 10:31
I am not claiming anything as conclusive I am just showing ye a pattern.

The dodging goes on in the small races mainly bumpers and maiden hurdles,they obviously have to clash in the bigger races.

The last eight winners trained by Willie Mullins and Noel Meade in these type of races are

Angie Balafre  Noel Meade Roscommon 11/10 fav Willie Mullins unrepresented
Goldboy.      Willie Mullins.   Clonmel.      9/4. Fav.  Noel Meade unrepresented
Silver Tassie. Noel Meade.  Clonmel.      4/5 fav.    Willie Mullins. Unrepresented
Wicklow Brave Willie Mullins. Tipperary.  5/2 fav.    Noel Meade unrepresented
Arctic Fire.    Willie Mullins.     Tipperary.  6/4 fav.   Noel Meade unrepresented
Darroun.       Willie Mullins.     Tipperary   7/4 fav.   Noel Meade unrepresented
Passage Vendome Willie Mullins Tramore 4/5 fav.  Noel Meade unrepresented
Indevan.   Willie Mullins. Limerick.       5/4 fav. Silver Tassie ran for Noel Meade

The Limerick race breaks the pattern but it was a relatively big race as it was a Grade 3 worth 18 odd grand to the winner.

The unseasonal firm ground stopped two other solo runs apiece for the stables as both had to be withdrawn.

Apache Stronghold Noel Meade was trading at 1/4 for a Fairyhouse maiden hurdle.
Royal Moll  Willie Mullins was trading at evens for a Limerick maiden hurdle.

There is a pattern here and its been going on for years.

The bumper today is a further example
Didntitellya runs for Noel Meade with no Willie Mullins runner however Willie could be accused of cheating as his son is riding Cut Loose for Mags Mullins.
I don't expect a gamble here as all seem to know that Cut Loose is a decent animal unless the Meade mob decide theirs is no good and lump on Cut Loose.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 14 Oct 13 12:33
Rocketfingers short attention span kicking in again.
Could you not remember any of the races cited by the man " ITK "
Even if the man "ITK " existed I doubt you were able to explain the nuances of this thread.
Page 2 of 6  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com