Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mordin.
20 Sep 13 01:08
| Topic/replies: 1,068 | Blogger: Mordin.'s blog
Mayo
R Hennelly; T Cunniffe, G Cafferkey, C Barrett; L Keegan, D Vaughan, C Boyle; A O'Shea, S O’Shea; K McLoughlin, K Higgins, A Dillon; C O'Connor, A Freeman, A Moran.

Dublin TBC
S Cluxton, K O’Brien, R O’Carroll, J Cooper, J McCarthy, G Brennan, J McCaffrey, M D MacAuley, C O’Sullivan, P Flynn, C Kilkenny, D Connolly, P Mannion, P Andrews, B Brogan.

Cant see anything but a Dublin win. Their philosophy is a 20 man team and will run the legs of Aidan OShea. Mayo forwards hit by injuries to Andy Moran (not fully recovered from cruciate) and C O'Connor (interrupted build up). Unfortunately running into a very powerful Dublin squad. Will turn out Mayo should have won the All Ireland against flash in pan Donegal.

Dublin All Stars J McCarthy, J McCaffrey, M D MacAuley, C O’Sullivan, D Connolly,
Mayo All Stars L Keegan, A O'Shea, K Higgins,

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 112
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 20 Sep 13 01:29
dublin @ evens pp looks very tempting. But i'd like to see Mayo 11/10 win. Head V's Heart? draw 9/1. Prob no bet for me. Just hope its a good spectacle.
By:
carrot1960
When: 20 Sep 13 09:20
cant see mayo giving the suspect dublin back line any peace under the high ball goals will follow .neither can i see cluxton getting away with poor restarts like he did against kerry.both teams were slowly out of the blocks in the semi's and both finished strongly .  mayo's defence is strong ,dublin's attack likewise hopefully they will cancel each other out, who ever wins the midfield battle will win the game hopefully its mayo.
By:
Kelly
When: 20 Sep 13 11:19
Been away , so surprised when I saw Dubs at evens when I came home . The match against Kerry  was high class football , and if Dublin reproduce that on Sunday few teams of the last 10 years or more would beat them .  Remains to be seen if Mayo can , but the "curse "is still there is it not ?
By:
kavvie
When: 20 Sep 13 11:43
up mayo!!..i have tasty wager ew at 11s..just think horan is a quare hawk.he will have every angle covered..and mayo have the players.cillian and andy will have to play up to their best form tho.
By:
Distant View
When: 20 Sep 13 12:16
The match against Kerry was entertaining but was littered with terrible Dublin defending in the first half and their half back line getting carved open. Jack McCaffrey is brilliant coming forward but is completely clueless when it comes to defending at the moment and with Ger Brennan amazingly continuing in the centre half back position, their half back line looks very vulnerable. This was resolved through a combination of tactical switches and Kerry running out of steam in the second half, but the team as named is definitely weak in the half back sector.

How Dean Rock cannot get into this starting 15 amazes me. I have been disappointed with Mannion in the past few games, after he had a brilliant league campaign and Rock has been superb, but I guess having Rock ready to come in is a big bonus.

Unfortunately the Mayo forward line has plenty of question marks against them and the fitness of Moran and O'Connor are big concerns.

Mayo can win the midfield as well. Let the runners do what they want on the Cluxton kick outs and just sit in the place that they ran from and plenty of ball will land in that zone. They are the better fielders as well.

Dublin seem to have a clear edge in terms of depth and Brogan really has stepped up after a poor start to the championship.Paul Flynn needs to do likewise and Connolly needs to keep his head in the face of what is likely to be very tight and confrontational marking.

I have no interest in betting this as the prices look about right. There should not be too much between the teams but Dublin look like they have the bench to change things and that might just be enough.
By:
shaggykev
When: 20 Sep 13 14:50
If you fancy 11/10 Dublin, the better bettor in Galway/Mayo/Limerick is the place to hit
By:
The Sound Man
When: 20 Sep 13 20:34
Good analysis Kelly and DV, expect Dublin to pull clear in second half.
By:
neill d
When: 21 Sep 13 02:18
Dublin to overpower them down the stretch. They do most of the things Mayo do a little better.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 21 Sep 13 08:40
Dublin for me as well, think they will dominate the game for the next few years also.
By:
padlock
When: 21 Sep 13 08:41
getting involved in the man of the match market,brogan and connolly backed
By:
silvergreaser
When: 21 Sep 13 08:50
I'd personally love to see Mayo winning but I wouldn't be confident enough to have a bet on them, might have a look at a few big match coupons to see if there is something that catches my eye for an interest bet.
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 21 Sep 13 13:17
I think like DV the match prices look right but a couple of prop bets I like the look of are Mayo HT, Dublin FT, 5/1 with Laddies. Its a bit of an obvious call in the sense that Mayo will be gunning for a big start on account of their last couple of encounters with All Ireland Finals and Dublin, with their depth on the bench and unrelenting fitness, have been finishing games strongly all year.
Also like Diarnuid Connolly motm 12/1, has added a bit of steel to his game and more consistency now then he ever had and for me was motm in the semi against Kerry.
I'll be having a saver on the draw too, it's the gaa
By:
kingrat
When: 21 Sep 13 13:32
come on ye boys in blue!come on ye boys in blue!Laugh  i was talking to a member of the ticket committee in the club last night and he told me,the club only got 80 tickets and they were raffling 10 to get funds for the juveniles.now i fcking ask u,80 tickets?btw the fcker got the money out of me for the raffle.Laugh
By:
Mordin.
When: 21 Sep 13 15:09
Just watched last years match Mayo v Dublin 2012. Mayo were winning by 10 points as one stage, just clung on for a win. This Dublin are much better this year and Mayo Forwards have regressed a bit.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 21 Sep 13 17:58
I think Mayo will win and win easily,i can see them scoring four goals against that Dublin half back line,i am not into those exotic bets so just hardening my Mayo bets.
By:
keen leader
When: 21 Sep 13 18:07
much that I would like to see mayo gain a win, I cannot see it happening on a dry day, especially with the Dillon on the team, a great man to perform a disappearing act on AIF day.

I think Dublin will win handy, the bet for me is 12/5 Dublin-Dublin with the magic sign, if the dubs are leading at half time, I would say they will be 1/2 or less and at that point if in front you can always save your bet cheaply. I expect a score line like 2-18 to 0-15 for the dubs.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 21 Sep 13 18:10
Ah stop Mayo will score goals against that defence,this will be a high scoring game because the Dubs will score goals too only less than Mayo.
By:
Mordin.
When: 21 Sep 13 19:18
Mayo could play a lot more defensive than previously this year. Played a sweeper against Dublin last year
By:
G Hall
When: 21 Sep 13 22:31
I also think the dubs by 5/6 points.I couldn't see any mayo forward getting on the kerry forward line,Gooch,2 O'Sullivans,James Donoghue, Donnacha and Galvin are better than any mayo forwards,and still the dubs beat them.

I can see mayo scoring maybe 1-12 or 1-13 it won't be enough,they will need to score three goals to win imvho.I also think mayo will start kicking bad wides again if they are behind.

I would like to see them bring sam west,but I can't see it.
By:
G Hall
When: 21 Sep 13 22:38
Over 1.5 goals must be a shoo in
By:
Mordin.
When: 22 Sep 13 00:30
Good analysis G Hall, I think your spot on there
By:
paddletoe
When: 22 Sep 13 01:37
If you asked me before the semi finals who I thought would win the final if Dublin met Mayo I would have went with Mayo. But the semi final performances by both finalists seems to have been overlooked by the bookies and Dublin look a decent bet at the prices.

I was very unimpressed with seeing Mayo first hand in their semi final win over Tyrone. They won by six in the end easing up ( could have been more ) but a very poor Tyrone team should have been 4-5 up at half time. A lot of Mayo players I was looking forward to seeing just did not impress me.

The thing Dublin have in their favour over all other teams is the strength of their bench. You could put up a good argument for their best team not being the one that starts a lot of their games. This year they also don't rely on a single player as much as in the previous years. They have not that marquee player but the balance and style of play is a lot better.
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 22 Sep 13 03:32
I'd love to see mayo win it . But the head says, 4/5 dublin to lift the trophy.
By:
DECALEC
When: 22 Sep 13 06:46
GET ON THE DOUBLE AT 12/5 THE FLAMBOUYANCY OF THE METS WILL BE TOO MUCH AND THE WEST WILL HAVE A WAKECool
By:
padlock
When: 22 Sep 13 07:53
backd ht --  ft
     mayo--- dublin 5/1 at ladsbroke
By:
Santry
When: 22 Sep 13 08:15
Think Dublin will win with something to spare simply because they have on the whole better players and more of them. Big question though is the ref. GAA ref's like to keep it tight and Mayo may get some soft frees if struggling-look at the frees Cork got in the Hurling final. Even so dont think this will be too tight-Dublin by 4-6 points.
By:
reb
When: 22 Sep 13 11:32
The Curse of Foxford to become the curse of Foxrock today roysh !
By:
Rosemary
When: 22 Sep 13 13:22
Mayo minors facing defensive system here
By:
The Bhoys
When: 22 Sep 13 13:50
Very tough to call this but I tipped the dubs at the start but never actually backed them but ive layed mayo today the whole country seems to be supporting mayo but im one of the few that actually like the dubs
By:
GANT007
When: 22 Sep 13 13:54
The Dubs are the finest supporters you will ever meet.......good banter and good to take the piss out of. I think they will win today.
By:
winsamsoon
When: 22 Sep 13 14:00
Mayo, the people with the goldfish memories;
50 Dublin ht/ft 12/5, 50 dublin +2.5 goals 7/2 and a speculative 10 Paul Mannion MoM 25/1
By:
G Hall
When: 22 Sep 13 14:26
Goldfish memories never heard that one before
By:
reb
When: 22 Sep 13 14:29
Reports suggesting there will be more green and red on the Hill than blue !
By:
GANT007
When: 22 Sep 13 14:33
6000 is what I heard.
By:
Kelly
When: 22 Sep 13 15:04
Money coming for the Dubs , down to 9/10 on here .  PP will still lay you evens .
By:
Timeforchange
When: 22 Sep 13 15:07
Jack McCaffrey to score 0.5 at 1.72. What do ye think lads. Was going to do that or Alan Dillon at the same for 1.5, probably the safer bet?
By:
Timeforchange
When: 22 Sep 13 15:11
Jack McCaffrey and Keith Higgins, both 5/1 to be nominess for mom, so three will be picked, if either team wins you would expect one of the two to be in the top 3??
By:
Diamond_Joe_Quimby
When: 22 Sep 13 15:35
what an absolute clown cafferkey was there ffs
By:
DECALEC
When: 22 Sep 13 15:43
get that ballax carney aff the tv
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page