Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
callitasucit
13 Aug 13 17:27
| Topic/replies: 5,332 | Blogger: callitasucit's blog
Another major over, its back to the more mundane stuff. Personally hoping it brings the same profitable result as the week after the previous major!
Little bit surprising that so many players that will hope to play in all 4 weeks of the Playoffs are teeing it up here, rather than taking a week to recharge. In Sneds case, it will likely mean playing 9 weeks on the trot. Sponsors are the obvious reason for his appearance.
Zach Johnson didnt play in Sneds victorious week, so only arrives on the back of two consecutive outings. And very productive outings they were. He has hit a seriously rich vein of form, the return of his trademark reliability with the putter not only improving his stats on the greens, but also breeding confidence to the rest of his game. His accuracy with short irons and wedges is now back to its brilliant best. Always risky backing someone who contended in a previous weeks major, but although finishing 8th, Zach was never really in the heat of the battle, and its a course that should suit, given its resemblance to courses like Colonial and the John Deere. It should develop into a birdie fest, and given Zachs improvement off the tee in the last 2 months, he should be in as good a shape as any to take advantage with his wedges and deadly putting.
Also backed Jordan Spieth e.w at 40s. Misseds the cut at last weeks PGA, but didnt have disastrous rounds, and majors are still very much a learning curve for this hugely talented player. What wont be new to him, is the course this week. As a lad just into his teens, he was busy finishing top 5 twice in the Amateur Championship around here. He is not afraid to win, as shown by his playoff win against Zach in the John Deere, and its not hard to see him contend once again.
The best bet this week imo was the 66s on Carl Petersson with Betvictor, 6 places. In the top 4 on 3 of his last 5 appearances here, he has Not been in great form of late, but his last two outings were at tough tracks, and Petersson just doesnt have the game to contend on them courses. Back at a birdie fest venue, where he has great memories, its not hard to see him reignite his season.
Last bet is e.w on Chad Campbell at 80s, again 6 places. With a 4th place finish last year, and having finally found some form in recent weeks, he now needs one more good week, to elevate himself into the top 125 for the start of the Playoffs next week. Not as good a putter as any of the 3 other bets, but should give himself plenty of birdie opportunities with his game being in tip top shape, and if there is one type of green that he is efficient on, its the Bermuda grass he will encounter this week.
85 e.w Zach 16s Powers
37.50 e.w Petersson 66s BVictor
40 e.w Spieth 40s BVictor
20 e.w Campbell 80s BVictor
GL all
Show More
Report Deplasterer August 13, 2013 10:11 PM BST
Took a hammering last week, but hopeful of Bill Haas to get those back, on Webb again and a shot in the dark with Chad Campbell.

A few quid on Pod  also, hopefully he gets inside the top 25 to make the fed ex.
Report Deplasterer August 13, 2013 10:13 PM BST
Sorry, nice write up Callit.
Report BJG August 13, 2013 10:55 PM BST
Played Toms and Clark ew and left it at that given its a major hangover week - had a shortlist of 4 but nt happy with the prices of Webb and Haas myself so av left em! Nailed on one of em wins now Grin
Report padlock August 14, 2013 7:51 AM BST
kaymer may well go well this week and casey,stalling,reed and immelman backd also
Report pa lapsy August 14, 2013 11:20 AM BST
Good write up Callit. Anyone who has a fancy starting out on the back nine think it might be an idea to leave them till I/R. Holes 10-14 are 4 of the 5 hardest holes for the course,two ways of looking at it they could of course do well but more than likely won't and your bet is starting to look a bit smelly. A lesser price is the obvious drawback particulary if as expected liquidity might be poor.
Report huddys August 14, 2013 11:18 PM BST
After last weeks heartache going for a different type of bet this week,a golfer who has caught my eye over the last few weeks is Patrick Read,hes been up there a lot the 1st few days and hasn't had a great wkd,think one of the tournament he will hang on and have a good 4 days,so this week my bets are as follows in my staking plan,8 point win Read top 20 with powers at 5/2,4 points win top 10 11/2,and 1 point e/w outright 66/1,he has the wife carrying the bag for him,pleasing on the eye aswellSilly
Report callitasucit August 14, 2013 11:27 PM BST
Fu*king nightmare last week DP. Only one that I backed win only was the only one that was placedLaugh. That takes some doing!!
Report padlock August 15, 2013 8:50 AM BST
added teater,krokak and reed
Report Deplasterer August 15, 2013 10:06 AM BST
He has an early start today, and probably the men in the white coats will be coming for me after this bet:

1st round leader, Pod 112's over on the purple.

Laugh, stranger things have happened Ye know!
Report padlock August 15, 2013 10:38 AM BST
lol you are consistent at least Mischief
Report Deplasterer August 15, 2013 11:05 AM BST
The market really favouring the front 4 all week, glad I took prices on Monday, really like Billy Haas here, going in again at 18's.

Padlock, he who laughs first ....Grin
Report callitasucit August 15, 2013 2:17 PM BST
Added Villegas at 210/34 win/place.
Report Dan Chipowski August 15, 2013 2:28 PM BST
Pod has assumed his usual spot in last place. Laugh

3 over thru 6.
Report silvergreaser August 15, 2013 3:09 PM BST
Pod needs at least a top 40 finish this week if he wants to make the fed ex cut, in fact he's in danger of losing his PGA tour card.
Report huddys August 15, 2013 11:47 PM BST
Deplasterer keep the faith with pod,imagine if he won a tournament and you didn't back him that week,delighted with Reeds round today finished -5,out early tomorrow hopefully another good round to set things up for the weekend.
Report callitasucit August 16, 2013 12:48 AM BST
Nice start from Reed Huddys. Happy with Spieth and to a lesser extent Zach. Zach was 4 under through 5, thought he would have at least shared the lead by end of round. Going to top up on Villegas. Convinced he will win soon!!
Report Deplasterer August 16, 2013 9:00 AM BST
PodCool
Report Distant View August 16, 2013 12:46 PM BST
Spieth's putting was terrible yesterday and he ranked 109th in SGP. If he has any sort of round on the greens and plays like he did yesterday from tee to green he will be up near the top at the end of today.

Stroud by contrast ranked 1st in putting but was terrible off the tee.

Interesting to see how today goes and can the early starters post a low score.
Report pa lapsy August 16, 2013 12:51 PM BST
Must be a bit sick to see Chris Stroud sharing the lead after last week DV, i am a bit anyway, long way to go of course. Early play today seems tough enough with a fair few bogeys.
Report Deplasterer August 16, 2013 12:54 PM BST
Tough course alright Pa, I was imagining this to be a birdie fest, Sergio won here last year & solid start yesterday, big dangerman, hoping Billy boy can go low this morning.
Report Distant View August 16, 2013 1:03 PM BST
A little pa but I had the opportunity to pick him again and I didn't. Has happened a few times this year but I guess that is always going happen when you are looking at events every week.

The reasons for last week were all pretty much valid again, but I preferred Howell (at least he is doing ok so far). If Stroud drove the ball last week like he did yesterday, he would not have even given us the chance to be disappointed with a couple of late bogeys to miss the cut. He will need to find more fairways as he surely cannot be as hot every day on the greens.
Report pa lapsy August 16, 2013 1:17 PM BST
Yeah Howell not in a bad place,been in the wilderness for a long time,must have been a decent price.
Garcia and Speith look the two obvious ones at the moment Deplasterer,you seem to have got Snedeker right with fatigue.
Didn,t do a lot so far, blackout last week,threw a small interest earlier on the two Aussies Preswell and Gardiner at around 700 and 800 and hoping for a trade with them. GL with your picks.
Report padlock August 16, 2013 2:13 PM BST
good from immelman and reed ,keep it up for w/end Mischief
Report Deplasterer August 16, 2013 2:37 PM BST
Billy make a move at present.
Report huddys August 17, 2013 7:54 AM BST
Come on Reed lets keep it up over the weekend.
Report huddys August 17, 2013 9:39 AM BST
Just a reminder the weather must be bad in America the leaders are out 2:15 irish time,so if anybody wants to bet before the 3rd round starts must do your bets this morning.
Report Deplasterer August 17, 2013 10:04 AM BST
Cheers huddys,  won't miss 2balls now. Gl with Reed but I'll be cheering billy boy today at leastDevil
Report callitasucit August 17, 2013 11:23 AM BST
Anyone know what coverage Sky will have now with the early start? Red button or otherwise. Its one youthful final 3 ball today!! Glad its 3 balls rather than two. Would prefer Spieth not playing with Charlie Wi. Has a habit of dragging his weekend partners down with him. Zach is due a good round. Threatened to do so on both Thurs and Friday, but tapered off. Course knowledge now locked away, he could go low today.
Report Distant View August 17, 2013 3:57 PM BST
Simply wonderful Charles Howell news!!
Report callitasucit August 17, 2013 4:40 PM BST
Why was he DQ Distant?
Report Distant View August 17, 2013 4:49 PM BST
Something wrong with his equipment it seems.
Report callitasucit August 17, 2013 4:58 PM BST
Harsh break.
Report callitasucit August 17, 2013 5:42 PM BST
Zach just missed a 2ft birdCry
Report huddys August 18, 2013 1:42 PM BST
Going to be along day with only the shotracker.Come on Reed lets have a low round today.
Report padlock August 18, 2013 2:25 PM BST
ffs reed a 65 today would be nice,could b a longday Mischief
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 3:34 PM BST
http://pgatour.cbssports.com/liveaudio/
Ya can an audio on that Huddys. Bird for Huh on first. Bad start for Spieth. Done trebles and acca, Sabba, Immelman, Spieth and Zach in 3 balls.Time to watch the hurling, had good wedge on Limerick. Be surprised if they beaten.
Report huddys August 18, 2013 5:30 PM BST
Reed gone 2 shots clearShocked
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 6:48 PM BST
You're looking good Huddys. Zach has backed out of it, so I left hoping with Spieth. Hopefully Zach can sneak back into top 5.
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 7:50 PM BST
Hopefully Huh doesn't come and do the two of us Huddys
Report Distant View August 18, 2013 7:52 PM BST
Reed needs to keep his head now.

Hope one of you collect at this stage.
Report huddys August 18, 2013 8:03 PM BST
Id take a playoff now beteen our two selections
Report Distant View August 18, 2013 8:06 PM BST
Huh has an 18 footer for par on 17.
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:08 PM BST
Spieth in pole position, but 1.52 is very short.
Report huddys August 18, 2013 8:12 PM BST
Take your hand off for a playoff now callitasuit between our two guys
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:14 PM BST
Only 6 birds all day on 18. So odds on two man playoff.
Report huddys August 18, 2013 8:15 PM BST
Good drive away by Reed.
Report Distant View August 18, 2013 8:16 PM BST
Huh is not going to birdie from the intermediate down the last unless he plays a wonder shot.
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:18 PM BST
Huh misses green.
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:20 PM BST
Reed 18ft for bird. Quick putt I think.
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:26 PM BST
Playoff.
Report huddys August 18, 2013 8:29 PM BST
are they playing down the 18th again?
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:29 PM BST
Not sure. I would think so, to start with anyway. Good hole.
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:32 PM BST
18 10 18....
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:41 PM BST
Spieth in the forest.
Report huddys August 18, 2013 8:44 PM BST
shotracker very slow,keep me up to date,did Reed drive yet
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:46 PM BST
Reed 10ft for bird. Spieth hitting his third from about 120 yards.
Report huddys August 18, 2013 8:47 PM BST
thanks callitasucit
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:47 PM BST
25ft for par.
Report Distant View August 18, 2013 8:47 PM BST
In running betting will tell you as much as anything else.
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:50 PM BST
Spieth holes it!!
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:52 PM BST
Reed Misses. 3ft left.
Report huddys August 18, 2013 8:54 PM BST
jesus taught I had it won.
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:56 PM BST
Think Reed out of bounds Huddys. Not 100%. No, he still in. They had indicated it was out. Hitting provisional, but he safe.
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 8:58 PM BST
U lay off any Huddys??
Report huddys August 18, 2013 9:00 PM BST
no didn't lay off did you?
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 9:05 PM BST
No. Spieth hits to 10ft....Reed inside him!! Got relief and good lie. Massive break.
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 9:06 PM BST
Spieth misses.
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 9:07 PM BST
Reed wins. WD Huddys.
Report huddys August 18, 2013 9:13 PM BST
Thanks callitasucit you were unlucky,delighted with the win and backing in for the top 10 and top 20 places aswell,think they might be my new bets,have you every done them type of bets callitasucit?
Report callitasucit August 18, 2013 9:16 PM BST
Rarely bother with top 20s. Very little liquidity, and bookies prices in them markets have huge percentages.
Report Distant View August 18, 2013 9:16 PM BST
WD huddys.

I do them quite a bit.

I like them for players that I think will go well at a very big price but might not have the head to close it out.

I did Charles Howell at 15/2 for that reason this week in addition to each way.
Report huddys August 18, 2013 9:18 PM BST
thanks distant view.
Report Distant View August 18, 2013 9:18 PM BST
Certainly not markets for trading alright.

Betfair liquidity is farcical in every market other than outright winner.
Report BJG August 18, 2013 9:25 PM BST
wd Huddys - nice payday
Report huddys August 18, 2013 9:29 PM BST
thanks bjg.
Report padlock August 19, 2013 7:17 AM BST
WinkCool
Report pa lapsy August 19, 2013 10:38 AM BST
WD Huddys, imagine you probably "greened up" Callit giving how low Speith went.
Really poor there was no pictures for a final round given the first few were televised, an effort to make something out of the solheim cup and in reality there was little interest in it.
Report Deplasterer August 19, 2013 10:40 AM BST
Nice one huddys.
Report huddys August 19, 2013 6:39 PM BST
Well done aswell padlock,didnt green out pa lapsy the betting in running in the playoff was mad,Reed went 1/16 and Speith went 1/5,theses prices were with powers.
Report wildmanfromborneo August 19, 2013 7:27 PM BST
A 66/1 winner from Huddys,no booms no greening out,that's why the golf tipsters are the best of all.

Huddys and Pa Lapsy are similar in both their modesty and golf tipping ability,they also nail long priced winners at the horses.
Report huddys August 19, 2013 7:40 PM BST
thanks Wildman have to say I was brought up when you couldn't lay off,its a thing that I don't do,some people may say its foolish but I rather take the gamble and let it ride.
Report wildmanfromborneo August 19, 2013 7:56 PM BST
I am the same,I never hedge.

When I used race a lot one of our group would always hedge in photos and Stewards Inquiries,cost him plenty just giving the bookies another spin of the wheel.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com