Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 172 comments are related to the topic:
The Open

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 172
By:
by purpose
When: 19 Jul 13 20:51
Nike are having some canary over the bould Rory....
By:
Kelly
When: 19 Jul 13 22:38
Now that the Rory thing is over , maybe the media will get back to golf . Rorys woes have been there to see for over 6 months , he gives honest interviews , but you dont have to buy into every opinion he offers , particularly in relation to his own play . Tigers analysis and awareness of his ( Tigers) game is way ahead of Rorys . Rory before Muirfield was full of praise for his new magic driver , some of those still in the tournament did not put a driver in their bag as it was going to be largely irrelevant when you can place a 4 iron about 250 yards out there due to ground conditions .

Did not know Oosthuizen was carrying an injury , wondered why he was such a big price , conditions should have suited him . Luke Donald looked completely sparkless , like he used to be before he ascended to world No 1 . Being No 1 is beginning to look like the kiss of death to all but Tiger --Donald , McIlroy , Westwood , Kaymer have all failed to maintain that momentum .

Left with Tiger and Clark , the latter being one of the 49 thousand to one shots on here . Must be some value in that 49 with 2 rounds to go and the course favouring early starters each day . Have to start a search ! Never was weather like that any time I was in Scotland either !
By:
kingrat
When: 19 Jul 13 22:57
GET IN THE HOLE!!!!!
By:
huddys
When: 19 Jul 13 23:01
Very happy with the way im standing at the minute with my Woods e/w bet at 10/1,and the doubles and treble going along nicely Day top aussie 1 behind,Macdowell top irish 3 behind Clarke,would fancy him to catch him,and charls top south African 3 shots ahead,roll on tomorrow.
By:
Kelly
When: 19 Jul 13 23:21
Good selections huddys , should yield a plus , anyway you could lay some back on here I suspect  , although the fringe markets are not very liquid I find .
By:
huddys
When: 19 Jul 13 23:44
See how I stand after tomorrow,im not really into laying off tho,
By:
Deplasterer
When: 19 Jul 13 23:46
Yep, good there Huddys. I am more than hopeful that Phil still has a big say in this.
By:
huddys
When: 19 Jul 13 23:58
Ye loads stil have chances alright deplasterer,Phil right back in it if he goes say 2 or 3 under tomorrow.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 20 Jul 13 00:18
has phil mikleson ever won in europe before, know hes useless when he plays for the american ryder cup team. still all to play for. gl
By:
callitasucit
When: 20 Jul 13 01:04
GL Huddys, hopefully Tiger brings home the bacon. Roadrunner, you probably shouldn't bet on sports you know **** all about. Though, I would hazard a guess that if you followed that motto, you wouldn't be betting on anything.
By:
Deplasterer
When: 20 Jul 13 03:25
Riadrunner, I think you'll find that he won on a links course in Scotland last week!Laugh
By:
pa lapsy
When: 20 Jul 13 09:34
With very early scoring so far not sure that any of them 1000/1 are going to figure Kelly,the top of the leaderboard is fairly classy anyway. At 600/1+ Streelman and Curtis being only 3 over are the two i threw a small Hail Mary at.
By:
Kelly
When: 20 Jul 13 10:36
Only one I could dig out was Gallagher at 1000 , but he is only 4 over so mid table re starting today .

Had a bit on Donaldson at 370 and Kaymer ( not sure of his price , around 300 I think ).  Both of them can play  , and 2 rounds of 68 might get them into contention . Only for small money though , my big winner is Tiger ( via trading and 12/1 Lads for an hour ) . Hope his arm holds out , but he is putting brilliantly .
By:
Kelly
When: 20 Jul 13 10:57
Pod and Sergio out together .  Dont think that will suit either of them .
By:
Kelly
When: 20 Jul 13 17:02
Definitely didnt suit Padraig . Wonder is anyone going to be under par .
By:
workrider
When: 20 Jul 13 19:29
still have a interest going into the last day ...Ryan  Moore come on the yank...
By:
kingrat
When: 20 Jul 13 21:15
GET IN THE HOLE!!!!!
By:
huddys
When: 21 Jul 13 10:49
Going to be some last day play,going down to the pub to watch todays play.
By:
workrider
When: 21 Jul 13 10:54
Huddys , You still got anyone apart from tiger , still in with a chance ...?
By:
callitasucit
When: 21 Jul 13 11:18
Tiger the only one left in contention for me, with Dusty backing out of it yesterday. Still mildly hopeful that himself or Els can work their way into a top 7 payout. Disgusted Tiger finished up two shots behind. Seemed far from likely on the 16th green. I wouldn't be ecstatic about the pairing, but even still, I would be surprised if Tiger or Scott don't win, so will have a few quid on Scott at 8.8. Having backed Mahan in the US Open, I would have no faith in him today, he never went at one flag on Sunday. He holed a few monster putts yesterday, making his card look better than it deserved. Hopefully himself and WW can drag each other down. Not too hard to visualise that. WW nearly missed that tap in par on 18 yesterday, hard to see him holding it together today. He got rid of his 3 shot lead very quickly yesterday. Hopefully Tiger can put some pressure on early. Heading the pub for it myself Huddys, enjoy it. Its time for the Great One to pick up number 15....come on the TigerGrin
By:
kavvie
When: 21 Jul 13 11:20
westwood must be the greatest lay ever at 2s..
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 21 Jul 13 11:24
Westwood will surely find a way to lose,Hunter Mahan is described perfectly by the knowledgeable Callitasucit,Scott has bad memories of The Open which leaves us with Tiger Woods.

The best clutch putter in the world will grind them down and win easily.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 21 Jul 13 11:31
no one picked westwood from the start, was going to be in my original 4 picksLaugh hope he goes onto win it. tiger and scott
going well for my selections.  all the form of these golfers easily availble on wikipedia. once you know how to read formLaugh
By:
huddys
When: 21 Jul 13 11:39
Ye Workrider have doubles and trebles done McDowell top irish player 6/4,charl schw top south africian 7/2 and Day top aussie 9/4,so in the running aswell with that bet.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 21 Jul 13 11:58
LEE WESTWOOD LAST 5 YEARS GRAND SLAMS, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT COUNT RIGHT?Laugh

TOP 10 FINISH X 10

TOP 5  FINISH X 8

TOP 3  FINISH X 7

TOP 2  FINISH X 2
By:
snap crackle and pop
When: 21 Jul 13 12:03
u use wikipedia for form on the open to arrive at your selections roadrunner..,..,.? hmmmmm interesting angle
By:
roadrunner46
When: 21 Jul 13 12:05
count up the yellow boxsLaugh
By:
snap crackle and pop
When: 21 Jul 13 12:07
You've lost me....yet again.,.!! What yellow box are u referring to?
By:
workrider
When: 21 Jul 13 12:12
You going to noels wedding in cork next weekend ?....
By:
workrider
When: 21 Jul 13 12:13
THATS TO HUDDYS BTW...
By:
Deplasterer
When: 21 Jul 13 12:15
Big Phil to set a targetDevil
By:
callitasucit
When: 21 Jul 13 12:15
Think it best to ignore Roadrunner lads, he doesn't seem to be the fizziest can in the fridge. All his mouthing, and he hasn't even a fuc*in wager on it!! And seeing as he is so in the know on the golfers form, he must not know that Scotland is actually in EuropeLaugh. GL on that Trixie Huddys.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 21 Jul 13 12:19
you are so called expertLaugh yellow boxs show the amount of top ten finish in grand slams. go to lee westwoods wiki page
its all there and easy to read.
By:
workrider
When: 21 Jul 13 12:20
Callit , he seems to have a system only the omega gang could figure out....Laugh
By:
huddys
When: 21 Jul 13 12:35
Ye workrider heading down to cork Saturday morning so il miss Sligo,are you heading down,macdowell not going great for the top irish.
By:
huddys
When: 21 Jul 13 12:36
Meant are you going to Sligo workrider.
By:
workrider
When: 21 Jul 13 12:40
I was going to go to Sligo , but looks as if things might change on the day , Will decide nearer the day huddys...
By:
roadrunner46
When: 21 Jul 13 12:47
PHIL MIKELSON IN NEARLY 23 YEARS OF PLAY IN GRAND SLAMS IN EUROPE HAS ONLY HAD 2 TOP TEN FINISH, TOTALLY USELESS IN THE EUROPEAN SLAMSLaugh
By:
pa lapsy
When: 21 Jul 13 12:50
Tis feckin Majors Roadrunner, a grand slam would be winning the 4 majors in the 1 calender year.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 21 Jul 13 12:52
Laugh
Page 3 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo