Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 172 comments are related to the topic:
The Open

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 172
By:
Deplasterer
When: 17 Jul 13 10:40
120's available now for Pod, DB, drifting like the proverbial barge. Apparently he has been spraying it all over the place in practice. Nothing new there however, might have the best of the draw tommorrow, apperently 10mph stronger winds in the morning. I'm dipping my toes again at that price & pray for a decent start & hopefully trade out at 50's or 60's for a nice green for nothing. Big if mind.Scared
By:
Kelly
When: 17 Jul 13 12:19
Not completely tuned in so far to the Open , even though I have been betting / trading on it for more than 5 months , sporadically . Given the reported state of rough growth , short prices dont appeal , and betting becomes more for the craic and getting a run for your money .  Its brilliant theatre usually , the Open , with wall to wall coverage ( always aware of "editing" transmissions ) .

Wondering why Oosthuizen is 70 , would have thought this is a big price , unless circumstances I am unaware of enter the lists . Tim Clark also is a big price , 300 plus .  Think I will have a few quid on both for myself ( as against my book which is healthy ) , light the blue touch paper and retire ( firework afficionados from former days will know that one ) . Only 18 hours to go .
By:
pa lapsy
When: 17 Jul 13 12:24
Jeremy Chapman preview coming up shortly on ATR.
Looks like no advantage to me with late or early starters.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 17 Jul 13 12:35
TIGER WOODS,justin rose,adam scott,RORY MCILROY, thats my 4 picks, not betting myself, dont know whos one what and whos inform.
do think rory mcilroy should be backed for every major in the next few years. know hes using nike golf clubs and that has had a
negative impact on his overall game. gl all
By:
Deplasterer
When: 17 Jul 13 12:43
Pa, Chapman has tipped up 5 out of the first 6 in the betting already, he really is a waste of space.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 17 Jul 13 12:48
Shocking his picks,did talk a bit of sense overall though,rates the Japanese young fella very highly(matched at 1000, now 270).
By:
Deplasterer
When: 17 Jul 13 12:58
Know doubting his knowledge alright, but his arse must be sore sitting on the fenceLaugh
By:
pa lapsy
When: 17 Jul 13 13:08
Grin Keeps him in a job alright,pity he doesn't put up a few that he thinks are overpriced, with exchanges now surely can be a better bet than doing his 3 or 4 favs when dutched work out at short enough odds.
By:
padlock
When: 17 Jul 13 13:44
just done tiger at 12/1 in ladsbroke,done all kinds in the w/o market
donald
kuchar
fowler
wood
quiros
johnson
stallings
pod
etc
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 17 Jul 13 15:34
I waiting to Sunday...

I feel US will win this one with the favorable conditions forecast
By:
mp06
When: 17 Jul 13 18:05
perhaps but wind is crucial also,yanks not great with windy as a rule
By:
Deplasterer
When: 17 Jul 13 20:57
Lots of tasty 3 balls tommrow,  narrowed down now:

7.49 am - 13/10 S Lowry to bt Cabrera-bello/Curtis
9.00 am - 6/4 Tom Watson to bt Couples/Faldo
9.44 am - 5/4 Phil Mickleson to bt McIlroy/Matsuyama

3 doubles and a treble.
By:
callitasucit
When: 18 Jul 13 01:25
Think Stewart Cink at 11-8, and Vijay Singh at 5-2 are two cracking 3 ball bets. GL.
By:
Kelly
When: 18 Jul 13 01:29
Have had a bit of time to think about the Open , and tonights review on BBC confirmed several factors .

The rough is tough  , the fairways will be like landing strips . Anyone hitting the ball down the middle will be at a huge advantage , as it is a Colt course , and Colt courses always play fair ( even if tough ) -- Portrush , Newcastle , Rosses Point , Royal Dublin come to mind . The ball will run and run , anyone capable of hitting a "stinger" regularly will not get into too much trouble  , as long as its straight .

Muirfield invariably throws up a good champion , so am looking for a good golfer as distinct from a bomber or an aerial artist . Already mentioned Oosthuizen and Clark , Clarks iron play is often superb , think I will double my stake on him after this post . Luke Donald also attracts ny attention , not too long ago he was the best around at getting up and down , which may be significant if the greens are not holding approach shots too often . And maybe the English have broken the mould via Rose reference Majors .

Dont see Tigers arm holding out unless he is very straight off the tee , one hoke out might undo 4 weeks rest . But Tiger is Tiger  , and if his arm holds out he will enjoy Murfield in the sun as against the last time he encountered it .

Some of the best 4 days sport we will get anywhere , and its terrestrial TV which extends it to nearly everybody and helps turnover . Good punting and viewing all !
By:
Kelly
When: 18 Jul 13 08:26
Peter Thomson weather . That Aussie won 4 ( links) Opens I think , mainly in conditions like these 4 days promise .
By:
db1974
When: 18 Jul 13 12:07
FFS - Shane Lowry hits 3 bogeys on the trot 14 to 16

Why do I bother
By:
kingrat
When: 18 Jul 13 13:19
i like this spainard jimenez.i would say this old codger enjoys life and likes the senoritas!Laughthe java is falling a part and looks like he wont make the cut.....anyway lay squeaky voice,mr goody 2 shoes to not make the cut.Wink
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 18 Jul 13 13:23
An old codger at 49 your raising the bar high.

Who are the java and Mr squeaky clean?
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 18 Jul 13 17:14
Looks like the Americans are in control....

Again I will wait till Sunday to have a bet but that 6/4 on US Winner looks good now
By:
workrider
When: 18 Jul 13 19:13
LUKE ...9 OVER....Shocked
By:
Deplasterer
When: 18 Jul 13 19:56
Morning players got the best of it, happy with big Phil, some round from Tiger, putter red hot. Pod played well in tough conditions, hopefully gets a run in the morning.
By:
callitasucit
When: 18 Jul 13 22:22
Was in work all day, so though I saw a good bit, I didn't hear much. Is Els injured?? Why is he 210, while Grace on same score is 150, and G Mac who is one shot worse is only 95. Doesn't add up. Tiger holed some crackers. He is not my biggest winner, or anywhere near it(yet!!), but his putting was a joy to watch today. I would fuc8in love to see him win it. I wonder could they get Livingstone to present the Claret Jug to himLaugh
By:
BJG
When: 18 Jul 13 22:51
Differences in price are due to tee times ^

Early starters likely to av a big advantage like today
By:
callitasucit
When: 19 Jul 13 00:15
That the only logic, but it dangerous to assume they will have the same advantage as today. Was 1.8 shots difference today. With the likelihood of over watering, plus temps and wind not being as high as today, the greens will start softer, and wont dry out as much. Advantage lessened. Plus, being by the sea, there always the possibility of the afternoon starters getting lucky. Too much emphasis being placed on what will happen weather wise. Imo. Singh cracking bet in 3 ball, 7-2.
By:
Deplasterer
When: 19 Jul 13 00:52
Had a nice bet just then for 3 ball tommrow:

8.00 am 5/4 Pod to bt R Ramsay/M Thompson.
By:
db1974
When: 19 Jul 13 09:25
Harrington -1 today from 5 holes so far and more notably -3 from the 4 Par 5s he has played so far (today & yesterday) - if he keeps his head and shoots something like -4 today he will be right there on Sunday IMO

Wishful thinking anyway!
By:
db1974
When: 19 Jul 13 12:22
Alternatively he could hit 5 bogeys in 10 holes and miss the cut!

Cry
By:
Deplasterer
When: 19 Jul 13 14:07
Tough out there DB, nearly every player is +3 thru the last 5 holes, only going to get faster & tougher. +6 should make it.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 19 Jul 13 14:35
Tis,Woods could be possibly sharing the lead by the end of the day, all your doing if you have anyone up there is saying please par,plenty of cards with +4,5,6 and more.
By:
workrider
When: 19 Jul 13 17:05
Shocking some of those scores , imagine if the wind was blowing for goodness sake ....Devil
By:
kingrat
When: 19 Jul 13 18:12
come on the jimenez!this old codger is heading to the bar,light up a cigar and have a look around for any available crumpet.i like his style!Laugh
By:
workrider
When: 19 Jul 13 18:20
Rory , sad to see the lad suffer like this ...The bookies must be jumping for joy with such a big player not even going to make the cut...
By:
dj876
When: 19 Jul 13 18:22
Anyone hear any rumours as to why Rory's head is shagged??
By:
Deplasterer
When: 19 Jul 13 20:10
This is a total lottery. Colesarts 5 putted from 8 feet, Mickleson 4 putt From 30 feet & that's just the ones I seen after work! If Someone from. Just inside cut can somehow manage a 67 or so they won't be far off the lead tommrow night. Good to see them struggle but awful from a betting point of view. Toss a coin and go for someone at this stage!Crazy

What's the rumour then db?
By:
kiddo112
When: 19 Jul 13 20:40
I heard one involving his father and his physio I think
By:
by purpose
When: 19 Jul 13 20:49
Whatever about Rorys head being shagged id say Nike are having some chat with themselves..
By:
by purpose
When: 19 Jul 13 20:50
Whatever about Rorys head being shagged id say Nike are having some chat with themselves..
By:
by purpose
By:
by purpose
By:
by purpose
Page 2 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com