Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deplasterer
15 Jul 13 10:55
| Topic/replies: 6,547 | Blogger: Deplasterer's blog
Fantastic weather forecast at this stage for the full week and little wind so hopefully no draw bias. However makes this wide open, so I think probably best to stick to in form players in trying to find a winner.

Big Phil won for the first time in europe yesterday and showed plent of steel after a double bogey start, showed he can play in the wind yesterday also in case the wind does pick up. Relatively poor open record to this point,Super iron player & if he can find a good percentage of fairways hard to see Phil not being bang there on Sunday, was very confident sounding yesterday and a nice person to boot.

If Rickie Fowler is ever going to win a major I would think it would be this event. Game seems suited to links, would however have preferred a bit of wind but I'll chance him as can be very streaky on a going day.

Another yank next, Billy Horschel. Nobody bar woods has been more concistent on the PGA tour than Billy. Has some experience of links from his Walker cup days when he played Royal County Down & appeared to handle it well. Taking a chance a bit alright but he is attractively priced and can only see his price lowering before the off.

I'll have my usual wager on Pod too!Laugh
Betfair Prices taken

Phil Mickleson 23's W&PL
Rickie Fowler 50's W&PL
Billy Horschel 190's W&PL
Pod Harrington 80's W&PL

Best of luck!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 172
By:
Deplasterer
When: 15 Jul 13 12:15
Tee times & pairings:

http://scores.theopen.com/TeeTimes.aspx
By:
workrider
When: 15 Jul 13 12:44
THANKS FOR THAT Deplasterer , some on there i never even heard of .......
By:
Deplasterer
When: 15 Jul 13 13:46
Horschel's price in freefall, now 140's.
By:
BJG
When: 15 Jul 13 13:51
Cuz he is playin - said a week or 2 back he mite miss it as he wanted more experience of links golf b4 turnin up Crazy go figure

Is defo playin now tho!

Have way too many backed myself now in this Laugh
By:
workrider
When: 15 Jul 13 16:32
I shall back a few myself bjg , most of them american , amazing how well the yanks do considering how few of them have played links regularly if even at all ....H English is one who springs to mind who might be worth a few bob...
By:
Vubiant
When: 15 Jul 13 16:44
workrider - the whole thing about Americans being vulnerable on links  and Europeans ( especially Irish!) being good in wind and rain is just a myth. Commentators have to fill time and they do so by trotting out tired old clichés like that which have no factual basis whatsoever. They just sound plausible to the uninitiated.
I mean -think about it -how long does it take your average pro to figure out how links golf differs  from parkland ...a couple of rounds should do it.  After that it's just the luck of the bounce -same for everyone.
Plus in wind -gusts and direction will change for everyone equally .
I always remember  Garcia in the British Amateur Championship in 1997 which I saw on tv.  So here was a 17 yr old kid from sunny Spain playing in wretched wet and windy conditions against all those who grew up with such.
What happened - he won it of course.
By:
workrider
When: 15 Jul 13 16:59
Vubiant , you have a point , still , i do think its a shock to their system when you get days of lashing rain and high winds ...Of course they adjust , some more quickly than others ...I hate playing links on days like that myself , I always get a longing for a tree , i wonder why....Laugh
By:
pa lapsy
When: 15 Jul 13 17:00
Been some turn ups in this in recent years,Clarke,Cink,Curtis and Hamilton, so American or price don't seem to matter.
Not sure it's going to be an outstanding Open,Muirfield looks similar to Castle Stuart,rough being dry and fairways hard and no wind,the bunkers look the only realistic danger there unless they put in tricky pin positions. Maybe going to suit the bombers?
Garrigus,Warren,Pettersson,Duke,Cabera-Bello and Points for kickoff and keep most of the tank for I/R. GL.
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 15 Jul 13 23:56
Theres worse bets then Eduardo De La Riva at 1000/1 on betfair..j/3rd in the french open and a very good irish open behind him there 89euro at a 1000/1 still left on him here as i write..i will be buying a small house on him if he wins the openCrazyHappy ..Robert Garrigus is a fair outsider at 800/1 on betfair..if he wins a mobile home on the silver strand will do nicely.Silly Cool   good luck in your bets lads with the good conditions there could be a surprise.Tongue Out

€755

Eduardo De La Riva
By:
mp06
When: 16 Jul 13 07:04
tiger saying his injury ok,not sure tbh but at 10/1 plus I have to be on his side
also backed quiros,stallings,day and donald
By:
workrider
When: 16 Jul 13 11:38
MP06 , I cant see any of the old brigade been involved in the closing stages , so a couple of up and coming players will be my investment this weekend...
By:
BJG
When: 16 Jul 13 12:10
Ladbrokes 12/1 Tiger in shop for an hour
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 16 Jul 13 12:32
workrider's blog
MP06 , I cant see any of the old brigade been involved in the closing stages , so a couple of up and coming players will be my investment this weekend...

you could well be right W/R...SOME NICE VALUE  to be had on maybin, de riva,Rafael Cabrera Bello,..i see Dustin j, bubba, have left there drivers at home should be an interesting 4days m8Happy
By:
workrider
When: 16 Jul 13 12:36
CERTAINLY COULD FRANK , a few i've gone for are R MOORE , STEELMAN , ENGLISH ,POINTS , STANLEY , LISHMAN ,....ALL TO VERY SMALL MONEY I MIGHT ADD , I WONT BE BUYING ANY SPEEDBOATS IF THEY WIN EITHER....Laugh
By:
Deplasterer
When: 16 Jul 13 12:41
How much is that for BJG, £25 max?
By:
frankalsoran60
When: 16 Jul 13 16:41
GOT in to laddies at 1.20 DEP but the tiger bet at 12/1 finished at 1.00.Sad
By:
BJG
When: 16 Jul 13 16:46
Was from 12 to 1 o clock

No idea how much for , nt interested in him myself
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 16 Jul 13 18:04
In order of biggest winner:

R. Fowler
T. Jaidee
M. Thompson
T. Olesen
S. Lowry

Might add bits and pieces on some rags in the next few days. Gl all.
By:
workrider
When: 16 Jul 13 18:07
Dan , must say i dont think Fowler is progressing as well as some thought he would...
By:
workrider
When: 16 Jul 13 18:09
Playing craddockstown tomorrow myself , Hoping for a invite to muirfield if i win...Laugh
By:
huddys
When: 16 Jul 13 18:10
Cant wait my fav tournament of the year love the bbc coverage,Went in with Tiger at 10/1 e/w 7 places with powers,went with Fowler 40/1 and Colsaerts 50/1 both e/w in the betting w/o Tiger market,Fowler my pod to you DeplastererLaugh,have to keep backing him,very good links player tho,done doubles and treble then Mcdowell top irish player 6/4,Day top Aussie 9/4,Schwartzel top South Africian player 7/2.will do a few 3 ball bets come wed night aswell,best luck to all the bets.
By:
huddys
When: 16 Jul 13 18:15
Hope your wrong Workrider about Fowler,ha,your prob right tho.
By:
Deplasterer
When: 16 Jul 13 19:26
Great liquidity, just like old times, now just to get someone there with a chance on Sunday. Fowler popular here.
By:
Deplasterer
When: 16 Jul 13 19:29
Some cracking 3 ball prices, time for some thinking, at least Fowler has one this past couple of years, might have to wait till the seniors tour for Padraig!Laugh
By:
BJG
When: 16 Jul 13 19:31
Fred Couples and Cabrera the 2 standout 3 ball prices for me
By:
huddys
When: 16 Jul 13 21:09
Ha ha Deplasterer that the thing you just have to keep backing him,imagine not doing him one week and he ends up winning the tournament.
By:
ChildOfMine2
When: 16 Jul 13 21:42
Tiger is definitely a backable price, and a great one, at 10/1.
Bjorn has a good Open record and is value at around 66/1 while Jimenez is another with fine Open pedigree and could be massive at 150/1. A big priced American will figure on Sunday and Bo Van Pelt is my pick at 175/1.

Enjoy lads Happy
By:
workrider
When: 16 Jul 13 21:59
Can anyone on confirm , does winning tomorrow in craddockstown get me an invite ....Confused
By:
huddys
When: 16 Jul 13 22:17
Yes all you will need now is a caddieLaugh
By:
workrider
When: 16 Jul 13 22:44
HUDDYS , hard to believe i know , but the wife bought me a electric trolly 3 years ago , thats right 3 yrs ago , me and the youngest son have been out in the garage trying to assemble the damn thing , got it together only then reaiised it needed charging ...Laugh..i hope its worth it ...
By:
Deplasterer
When: 16 Jul 13 22:46
Workrider, I reckon youd shoot lower than Nick Faldo willLaugh
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 16 Jul 13 22:47
If you sneak in WR, I'll have a few quid at you on 1000 on here. Grin
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 16 Jul 13 22:47
On you at 1000, ffs!
By:
workrider
When: 16 Jul 13 22:49
THANKS LADS , YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE ....Laugh
By:
Deplasterer
When: 16 Jul 13 23:09
Calling BCM2, please add Workrider to winners market please!Laugh
By:
Kalanisi
When: 16 Jul 13 23:55
It's Koooo for me
By:
callitasucit
When: 17 Jul 13 00:54
I have backed quite a few so far, prob too many, but the 7 and 8 places being offered is helping me legislate for the large team!! I have to say I think Ernie Els is a fuc*in superb bet. Prob the bet of the golfing year imo. Take out 2010 and 2011, when he was performing abysmally, even missing out on playing Augusta, he has been in the top 8 on 7 out of 9 occasions, winning twice, including last year, and here. Unbelievable record. 28-1 e.w 7 places just has to be backed.....large!! He is in cracking current form, 4th in US Open, and then going wire to wire in a good quality German Open, proving he still has the bottle for the job, and the pressure that goes with being the one to be shot at. How he is the same price as an out of form, non major winning, fat bottling cu*t like westwood is beyond me.
Have also backed Kuch, Fowler, Dusty, Grace. I don't want to back Pod, but feel I have to. I don't think Tiger is a great price, indeed I think Els should be favourite, but I would never forgive myself if not on the great man when he finally ends his major drought. I really don't want to back Rose, because I cant stand the fuc*er, but do think he is the second most likely winner, and highly likely to repay e.w support, so might get involved.
A couple of rags who might reward e.w support, Camillo Villegas, Chris Wood and VJ Singh. May have a look on them on the spreads. Kevin Sutherland done me a favour on them last week. Just aswell, because I still cant for the life of me figure out how in the name of jesus that Zach Johnson didn't bring home the Ballybrit war chestAngry
All in all, I think ye should all have a good whack e.w on ErnieGrin
By:
mp06
When: 17 Jul 13 08:59
think this course is cream to the top imo,no shock this week i reckon,pod top euro tiger , day,kuchar perhaps
pod likes this place,just wonder wtf his head is at?Crazy
By:
db1974
When: 17 Jul 13 09:59
Haven't done anything yet but am looking at

Harrington(I am in the same boat as Deplasterer to some extent)
Lowry
McDowell
Rickie Fowler
Els is tempting (won here in 2002 so will have fond memories of the place)

Also like Shane Lowry in Top Irish (7/1 Boils) and also Top GB & IRL markets (28/1 Hills 1/5 odds 4 places or 34.0 here but no liquidity)
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com