Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Goretski
23 Jun 13 13:59
| Topic/replies: 2,441 | Blogger: Goretski's blog
Cant believe this isn't on the TV!

Anyone know if its been streamed anywhere?
Pause Switch to Standard View Kilkenny v Dublin LSHC
Show More
Report Dan Chipowski June 23, 2013 5:21 PM BST
Dublin couldn't hold out for one puck out at the end. Cry

Big chance gone.
Report kavvie June 23, 2013 5:50 PM BST
was there a bit of controversy?
Report keen leader June 23, 2013 5:51 PM BST
just back from game.

Kilkenny without shefflin, and to lesser extents Tyrell and fennelly are not the force of old. Dublin played well and will look back at the handful of easy wind assisted frees early in play which ryan missed, before he got the hook.

walter walsh got Kilkenny out of jail, bang on in his when most around him struggled, on a par with shefflin in last years original AI final.

paul murphy seemed to pick up a bad injury and is another on the casualty list. the back 4 for Kilkenny is not as bulletproof as in the past.

I would think Kilkenny will win the replay, although the jury is out on another AI win as it is some time since they backed up two high class performances.

I was in tullamore last night and Waterford were the best of the 4 I saw over the two days in terms of team display.

overall hurling getting a shake up is good for the sport.

had Dublin held on, instead of conceding the last point, we might have had the glorious prospect of a qualifier next weekend between tipp and Kilkenny!!.
Report kavvie June 23, 2013 5:55 PM BST
4 yr ago kk were being talked about as an ageing team in terms of hurling played.i went against them this yr.i bkd tipp!..looks like i picked wrong..time will tell though.next weekend will show what appetite they got left.
Report keen leader June 23, 2013 5:57 PM BST
no controversy kavvie. Dublin scored a free in the first of 2 mins of injury time, the Kilkenny goalie backed by a galeforce wind landed the next puck out on the 21, a Dublin back fumbled, and Kilkenny scored the equaliser.

Kilkenny's use of the wind in the 2nd half was poor. to give you an idea on the strength of the breeze, in the pipeopener, the laois minor goalie landed 2 puck outs, directly on the full,over the opposite endline in the second half.
Report Arklearkle June 23, 2013 5:59 PM BST
Recent results show how ridiculous the league set-up is. GAA top table ruining hurling.
Report kavvie June 23, 2013 6:04 PM BST
fair enough.was texting a dub and he was giving out saying it was up after the dub point.he was prob talking with beer in him..
Report silvergreaser June 23, 2013 6:08 PM BST
One thing about Kilkenny they usually fix the problem
Report silvergreaser June 23, 2013 6:08 PM BST
One thing about Kilkenny they usually fix the problem
Report Goretski June 23, 2013 6:14 PM BST
Hope the replay is on the box next weekend!! Cant believe it wasn't today.
Report silvergreaser June 23, 2013 6:21 PM BST
Even if their not as strong as they were but they always seem to have that knack of shoring up the cracks.
Report Arklearkle June 23, 2013 6:39 PM BST
They sure do and nearly always win replays
Report silvergreaser June 23, 2013 7:00 PM BST
Had a good bet on Clare to win Munster, I'm not one that buys into the hype of Tipperary hurling, they were very vulnerable, but alas Cork kicked me in the sack.
Report kingrat June 23, 2013 7:06 PM BST
the jacks are back!Laugh
Report timidpeopleruleok June 23, 2013 8:51 PM BST
silvergreaser; if Cork hadn't beaten Clare Limerick certainly would, under Davy this Clare team will win nothing. Clare co. board should have last years under 21 management team in charge of this years senior team, today Clare were probably as good if not better in quarters but the sideline was the difference
Report kavvie June 23, 2013 9:46 PM BST
agree with timid totally.the way clare played today is totally different to the way the under age teams played in last few yrs..davy not the answer..
Report frankalsoran60 June 25, 2013 2:17 PM BST
A nice story for all hurling fans..i was at a sports quiz many years ago and one of the questions was ..Who captained the Dublin team the last time they won the all ireland hurling title in 1938? my team had no clue and when the answer came that it was Mick Daniels the quiz master announced ..and now ladies and gents we have Michael here with us tonight, with that an very  elderly stood up and waved to all the tables...a nice moment.Happy
Report wildmanfromborneo June 25, 2013 2:27 PM BST
Dublin don't have much luck they will probably lose this replay,they then have the misfortune to meet Tipperary in the qualifiers.

If Dublin manage to win the replay that will create a mouth watering qualifier between Kilkenny and Tipperary,what would the odds have been on that.
Report BJG June 29, 2013 7:21 PM BST
Dubs playin v well again - hope they can keep it up
Report GANT007 June 29, 2013 7:23 PM BST
0-7 to 0-4 to the Dubs
Report GANT007 June 29, 2013 7:25 PM BST
just took 4/6 cats and evens -1...........
Report BJG June 29, 2013 7:25 PM BST
Its live on rte online for those that dont know
Report GANT007 June 29, 2013 7:26 PM BST
0-9 to 0-4........still took evens the cats.
Report BJG June 29, 2013 7:30 PM BST
Cant believe they didnt change the schedule and put this on instead of the crap football game seein that woulda been on bbc ayway
Report BJG June 29, 2013 7:30 PM BST
Carlow playin Wexford off the park too so far!
Report GANT007 June 29, 2013 7:31 PM BST
Carlow putting it up to Wexford.
Report BJG June 29, 2013 7:32 PM BST
They have been the far superior team tbf by the sounds of it - interestin to see wat way Wexford respond the 2nd half
Report GANT007 June 29, 2013 7:50 PM BST
Just took 5/6 Wexford -3. They should pull away in the last 20 mins.
Report BJG June 29, 2013 8:16 PM BST
Duns 1-15 KK 0-14 10 mins left

Wex 2-13 Carlow 0-17 10 mins left
Report GANT007 June 29, 2013 8:21 PM BST
1-15 to 0-15

2-14 to 0-19
Report BJG June 29, 2013 8:23 PM BST
KK within 2
Report GANT007 June 29, 2013 8:27 PM BST
Dublin won 1-16 to 0-16.
Report BJG June 29, 2013 8:27 PM BST
All over Dubs win by a goal - better team in both games! Fair play
Report Monte Christo June 29, 2013 8:28 PM BST
Fair play to the Dubs.
Report frankalsoran60 June 29, 2013 8:29 PM BST
a very long wait, but well worth it.Laugh
Report silvergreaser June 29, 2013 8:32 PM BST
Is that the same Dublin team that drew with Wexford?, fair play to them, in fact Galway are there for the taking they've barely pucked a hurl Dublin had 2 replays?
Report Dan Chipowski June 29, 2013 8:32 PM BST
Much the better team in both games. Well done to Dublin.
Report GANT007 June 29, 2013 8:34 PM BST
Not a day for the formbook, Silver.
Report keen leader June 29, 2013 10:33 PM BST
another compelling hurling contest. that was the 4th live game I have been at in the last 3 weeks and all offered great thrills and spills, and not one of these games were shown to our nation via live tv. hurling is the unique sport we have in this country and it has been poorly promoted by our broadcasters in 2014. we get non stop meaningless magners league stuff, yet hurling has as few as 15 to 20 live games shown across the platforms each year.
next year with the world cup on in brazil around this time, the gaa live coverage will be further reduced.

Dublin fully merited their victory. 3 games in the 2014 championship and just the 1 kk goal, the back up to king henry is shaky. I would find it impossible to call KK and Tipp next week, as the kk forwards lack confidence, however hunger should not come into question next week as they will hit the limit rather than lose to Tipp at home.
my theory on KK, is that the extra 4 weeks training last year between the draw and replay against galway, has taken its toil on the older lads and the likes of Delaney, Tyrell and Hogan look off their game, perhaps as a late kicking result of that extra training in September, ageing bodies only take so much hardship.

having seen the 3 leinster semi finals, I disagree with the view that galway without picking a hurl. galway got a severe test from a good laois team(who will put it up to clare next Saturday). canning is the best forward in the country on current form and I can imagine him leading galway to a 5 or 6 point win next sunday.
Report BiancaBabe June 30, 2013 1:28 AM BST
they are hardly still tired from training last September in fairness!!!
Report Mr Mischief June 30, 2013 10:04 AM BST
Galways demolition of them in Leinster last year was the beginning of the end for KK. It is to their eternal credit as a great side that they still went and won the All Ireland but the tank is emptying out fast and minus Shefflin they struggle badly. Their capable of reigniting their season by beating a poor Tipp side and with key players to come back from injury it's too soon to write them off completely but Codys glory days are genuinely beginning to look past their sell by date now.
Galway got the perfect prep against Laois and will fancy their chances of opening up Dublins defense. If they can cancel out the influence of Liam Rushe I wouldn't be surprised if they went to town against a worn out Dublin next week.
Report silvergreaser June 30, 2013 10:21 AM BST
Not sure what to make of this Dublin side they drew with a poor Wexford outfit and were helped by the early dismissal in the replay, and then they come out and beat Kilkenny?.

From a Kilkenny perspective the loss of Shefflin is obvious but a bigger loss imo is Michael Fennelly who got injured in a club league match, he was immense in the league final against Tipp scoring 2-3 from center forward, Paul Murphy was also missed while Tyrrell is back but has been struggling with injuries.
I'm not sure how ready Fennelly is?, but if missing he will be a big loss against Tipp next week.

I can see Dublin playing a similar game against Galway by trying to close off the space around the half forward line.
If Galway are to win I cant see it been anything other than a tight game, Galway might be fresh and maybe Dublin a little tired, but then you can argue to the contrary Galway might be ring rusty and Dublin battle hardened?.
Report Irish_Celtic June 30, 2013 1:25 PM BST
What a championship so far.The door is wide open now for Dublin,Galway,and Limerick.Who wants an All Ireland the most?

But what of Tipp? Written off after defeat, and ridiculed in  Kilkenny the last few years are they about to exact some serious revenge down in Nowlan park next Saturday?What of Kilkenny? Can Cody rally them one last time? Losing to Tipp at home is simply not an option .The loss of Shefflin,Fennely, and Murphy along with walking wounded Tyrell,Rice,and Reid is surely a bridge too far for this amazing bunch of players.But would you bet against them???

Also great to see Laois and Carlow coming good,Cork recovering ,Clare waiting in the wings ,Waterford hanging in there ,Offaly and wexford trying hard, all in all it looks like a fantastic few years of hurling ahead.

My thoughts on next weekend, Kilkenny refusing to bend at home to tipp ,playing on instinct ,on the ropes,but still with a dying sting in their tail.Galway and Dublin will surely be a ferocious battle, expect Dubs to give it everything and drive on and take their first Leinster for decades.
Report Goretski June 30, 2013 7:17 PM BST
Silver

Why so surprised at Dublin latest results in the hurling?
Report silvergreaser July 1, 2013 10:02 AM BST
goretski, Dublin have been a force for the last few years and are no mugs but what surprised me was that they were pretty poor against an average Wexford team who only scraped over Carlow so on that evidence I could'nt see anything other than a Kilkenny victory even allowing for their injury problems.

I think they'll give Galway one hell of a game, even though I think their victory over Kilkenny was probably as much to do with Kilkenny underperforming rather than heroics from Dublin.
Report Goretski July 1, 2013 5:34 PM BST
Silver

Sometimes the score lines don't tell the true story of the games. In the first game Dublin hurled Wexford off the pitch for practically all of the first half until Wexford came back into it in the second half, Dublin's wide tally that day was 14 if I remember correctly. On the balance a draw was probably a fair result.

The second game Wexford came with the we wont be intimated on your patch attitude which went terribly wrong. Dublin far the better side on the day, granted Wexford were down to 14. Wexford over the 2 games basically tried to stop Dublin from Hurling, they're a poor outfit imo.

After giving up 4 goals against Offaly KK problems where there for all to see added in the mix the players missing. It didn't suprise me the result of  both games against the cats.

Games aren't won on reputations....you're only as good as your last game!
Report GANT007 July 1, 2013 5:43 PM BST
No medals handed out till September.
Report frankalsoran60 July 1, 2013 5:50 PM BST
DUBLIN for the double? Crazy i live in hope
Report frankalsoran60 July 7, 2013 5:34 PM BST
Replies: 48

frankalsoran60 01 Jul 13 17:50 Joined: 24 Mar 05 | Topic/replies: 617 | Blogger: frankalsoran60's blog
DUBLIN for the double?  i live in hope

MAYBE JUST MAYBE;Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com