Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
keen leader
08 May 13 00:05
| Topic/replies: 634 | Blogger: keen leader's blog
its that time of year again.

final saturday week. semis next tuesday and thursday.

my idea is to steer you to profit.

semi final 1:

features a dreadful irish song. podwerpaddies price ireland at 2/9 to reach the final, and 11/4 not to qualify.
in my opinion it is at best 50-50 to qualify, the only thing that may save it is, that the uk vote in semi final one, so as the singer is from tyrone, one assumes thats 12 points from the uk. personally i will lay it to qualify and it is a million in my opinion to win outright and a 50/1 chance if it reaches the final to make the top ten.
worth laying ireland to qualify for final, in the event of it scraping in, then simply lay it at 5/1 to finish in the top ten, as it will be bottom 5 in a final.

from semi final 1:
MAX bet on Moldova at 4/11 with ladbrokes, 1/3 with powers, to qualify...........this is a 1.01 shot. need i say more. get you holiday money, no dodgy jockeys etc to worry about.

..more later in the week.
Pause Switch to Standard View eurovision 2013
Show More
Report richters May 16, 2013 11:39 PM BST
the same bookie you done your turkish basketball bet with...barlows independent weatherfield.......lol......
Report kavvie May 16, 2013 11:40 PM BST
he done a big piece of trading on liverpool recently as well rich.bkd at 2.2 and laid at 2.9 as i remember!?
Report Rocketfingers May 16, 2013 11:46 PM BST
Oops looks like richters forgot to pretend he has me bliocked on his last post, careful now Blush

Kavvie 2 things i let my money run when the the trade went against me so the bet won, the other was at least it was my own bet ! Wink
Report richters May 16, 2013 11:48 PM BST
i unblocked ye rocket as an act of goodwill......
Report kavvie May 16, 2013 11:50 PM BST
when u explaining yr losing rocket!!..u said pool were a trade and they would go odds on.you were lucky they scored to save you as i remember.a least u had the balls to express an opinion,tho i couldnt see the logic in it at the time..
Report Rocketfingers May 16, 2013 11:54 PM BST
I said trade and if not a trade let it ride, i collected, no big deal i'm up 15% in since middle of Jan, it means nothing to me but the reason i have to explain is the 2 slow learners i'm talking to.
Report kavvie May 16, 2013 11:58 PM BST
fair enough.so pool were  good bet at 2.2 v arsenal.when they were 15/8 at ko...i may be slow but im not that slow..nite nite
Report Rocketfingers May 17, 2013 12:13 AM BST
How on earth were Liverpool 6/5 chance away to Arsenal Laugh

Keep'em coming Kavvie
Report donal May 17, 2013 1:14 AM BST
Keen Leader is deffo no expert on the Eurovision as far as I can see...........

Last year he said Sweden were 'weak favourites'. They ran away with it and it was probably the most successful song to come out of the competition in years, even spending two weeks at number 1 in the Irish Charts and getting considerable airplay throughout the country.......

I actually thought the Hungarian song tonight wasn't too bad and they deserved to qualify......another bad call by him....

He also said the Irish song was 50/50 to qualify.....it ended up 1/7 with Powers to qualify and after the performance it would have been a massive shock had it not qualified...........the Semi-Final results (published Saturday after the Final) will show it eased through............
Report Giant Strides May 17, 2013 8:21 AM BST
The KL myth is finally being debunked methinks.
Report dj876 May 17, 2013 10:01 AM BST
I'd say he might be an expert Donal.

What is the liquidity like on here on these markets btw?
Report pa lapsy May 17, 2013 10:42 AM BST
Didn,t see them dj i,d hazard a guess they were very poor E300 matched on the 6.45 Kilbeggan (E50 on the place market) at this time of the morning. Wanted a place bet on a golfer at the Volvo(24 man field top 4)
win was 23 at the time,4.7 highest price matched,place is going to the dogs. Market makers royally shafted with the premium charge and everyone else is worse off because of it.
Report dj876 May 17, 2013 10:58 AM BST
It's only going to get worse Pa,Indian Castle in the first race at Perth yesterday(not an easy winner by any means but knew it should be shorter because of lack off opposition) was 1.7 the night before-managed to get €56 on,a while back you would have been able to get €200 easily.Are you still using the Purple??Has it improved,have an a/c but rarely log on to be honest.
I wonder what would happen if one of these Private Equity firms bought betfair,would they scrap premium charge,concentrate on exchange model or plough into the more profitable Fixed odds market??
Report pa lapsy May 17, 2013 11:15 AM BST
No choice but to use purple dj,don,t do a lot on here at all,generally no problem getting the same price for a horse/golfer. Horses fine as usually a back and don,t do IR but rarely with them,golf usually have to take a position and hard to get "rid" except at end of round.
PC a grave mistake imo,big market makers having to put in a big overround to factor it in if they actually can be bothered.
Not sure about the talk with the taking over,just seems again to be another crowd that will try to get the maximum for their investors at the expense of the customer yet again.As for the fixed odds anyone using the exchange would be too savvy to use it except when it suits them and the restricted amount invariably comes up.
Report keen leader May 17, 2013 7:08 PM BST
no joy on Thursday, I suspect hungary slipped in at number 9 or 10, in what was the poorest semi final ever staged.

for the final

having backed Denmark in most of march in each way plays, I am certain to get my place returns and it has the key quality of making an instant impact on first time viewers. the 4/5 it gets the irish 12 points looks excellent value.
the one big danger I have felt all along to Denmark is Ukraine. with a late draw, I view it as the only threat to Denmark, as the singer has the full package.

there is a polar opposite stance emerging amongst fans, on the likely runner up or placers to Denmark. Norway has a host of fans, deluded enough to think it may win. these fans who like Norway don't rate Ukraine, and vice versa with the Ukraine fans view of Norway.

in the markets on this site, namely top 3, top 4 top 5, there is value to be had. I am in the Ukraine camp in all those markets and against Norway in the same markets.
there is no a hope in hell all the juries and televoters from around Europe will be plumping 1-2 for Denmark and Norway. it may happen in parts of northern and western Europe, the rest will reward one, Denmark and give weak, 1,2 and 3 pts to Norway.
traditionally a decent Ukraine song, scores very highly in the east, we will see that occur again. a key voting block is the Balkan, and no former Yugoslav have made it to the final, and the Balkan press are reflecting the view of a Nordic conspiracy. Ukraine have always done well in the Balkans and I expect they will collect on average 7 to 8 per country in that region.

my final analysis is that Denmark and Ukraine are the only 2 in play for the victory. the two ought to pull clear of the rest. of those at the top of the market Norway is the one I view as in danger of bombing, as the song fails to catch the imagination on first hearing.

the final plays, to get back to winning ways.
Ukraine at 2.9 top 3 back
Ukraine at  2.2  top 4  back

Norway at 2.1 top 3 lay
Norway at 1.9 top 4 lay
Norway at 1.6 top 5 lay

Denmark to get the irish 12 points, 4/5 with tallamania.
Report Dan Chipowski May 17, 2013 7:14 PM BST
I see the aftertiming disease is spreading on here. Plain
Report frankalsoran60 May 17, 2013 8:46 PM BST
Zlata Ognevich - Gravity (Ukraine at Eurovision 2013)  stunning looking women, good singer as well.
Report canthavehim May 18, 2013 12:35 AM BST
i thought ireland giving 12 points to denmark was a good thing,only danger lithuania i think at which i cant get a price
Report punkha1 May 18, 2013 10:20 AM BST
keen leader
17 May 13 19:08   

having backed Denmark in most of march in each way plays, I am certain to get my place returns and it has the key quality of making an instant impact on first time view.

One of the most pathetic bits of after-timing i've ever seen.No doubt the arse lickers on here will be out in force to suck him off later though.
Report richters May 18, 2013 10:35 AM BST
was there even a market for this in march,sure some of the contestants wudnt even have been hosen in march....no?
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 11:19 AM BST
Geez lads...who do you think you are questioning here?

Do you really think KL is so desperate for the accolades of the forum that he would bother inventing sh1t?

The glee about his recent losing selections is nauseating.  There is not one of you that could go head to head with him over time and come out ahead.  Not one of you have ever demonstrated on here that you can make money over time.  Yet you are all suddenly queueing up to have a go at him, presumably jealous of the justifiable reputation he has on here.
Report richters May 18, 2013 11:27 AM BST
ozy no one is questioning kl......betting at these sort of odds on this circus not for me im afraid and thats the only point i was making......how much did ye loose by the way?
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 11:33 AM BST
No loss thankfully, Richters.  Pure luck because have followed him in on previous years.

How can you say you are not questioning him;

was there even a market for this in march,sure some of the contestants wudnt even have been hosen in march....no?

That is simply insulting to the man.  Do you really think he is a pleb who makes stuff up?
Report dj876 May 18, 2013 11:40 AM BST
Would you know if he led you over a cliff Ozy because u'd certainly follow him blindly??The lemming effect.

How come a man who was always a value poster-Think of all the each way selections on that brilliant thread,or Finugue,Bournemouth etc is suddenly tipping 1/3 shots in such an obscure market??
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 11:49 AM BST
I don't follow him blindly; witness my comments on the Irish song further up the thread.

I turned a profit on Finugue by laying them when they got to the final and a substantial profit on Bournemouth by laying them here at 1.2.  As referenced in the relevant threads.

There is no reason why a 1/3 cannot represent value.   Eurovision might be an obscure market but KLs record on here over many years is excellent.
Report dj876 May 18, 2013 11:51 AM BST
Is it not possible that the reverent Keen leader has manipulated market liquidity on an obscure market and has led the lemmings on a merry dance??
Or is this too cynical and that the strong bond of unity formed on an anonymous gambling forum would be too strong to betray even for monetary gain??
Report pa lapsy May 18, 2013 11:54 AM BST
ATR just given their views on Eurovision now
Report pa lapsy May 18, 2013 11:57 AM BST
Ha Ha Roy thinks it has a huge gay followingLaugh
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 11:58 AM BST
I take it you mean 'revered' rather than 'reverent'.

well firstly, most of us know who keen leader is, so the anonymous label doesn't apply to him.

as far manipulating market liquidity, the only way he could achieve this is by demonstrating a track record of success in this event over time, so as to earn followers.  so I think it is unlikely that he has suddenly switched to ramping mode.  highly unlikely. 

As ever, haters gonna hate.
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 12:00 PM BST
* Metrosexual gay-friendly libertarian proudly signing in Cool
Report dj876 May 18, 2013 12:07 PM BST
Thanks for correcting me on my grammar Ozy - Sums you up to be honest as does your concluding line.

Best of luck with your(KL Eurovision punting
Report dj876 May 18, 2013 12:08 PM BST
(KL)-Should have closed bracket  before Lemming Oswald corrects me.
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 12:10 PM BST
thanks, dj, always a pleasure putting you back in your box.
Report richters May 18, 2013 12:14 PM BST
no oz most of us dont know who kl is?actually.....you told me on a thread the other day that you dont bet blind......
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 12:16 PM BST
you might not know who he is, richters, but then you are generally not in the know
you might not know who he is, richters, but then you are generally not in the know
Report richters May 18, 2013 12:18 PM BST
on another note ozy the margasson colt whom i tipped u before is stepped up to listed company at newmarket today....stable are flying and has a johnston and godolphin horses to beat,should be thereabouts......
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 12:25 PM BST
thanks richters, before i follow you in, do you turn a profit on the nags?
Report richters May 18, 2013 12:29 PM BST
going well this week oz,posted 7/2 and 16/1 winners at york here the other day......it seems a weak race and the colt could be progressive enough and the step up in trip should suit,still holds some high class entries.....but here thats just my opinion oz.....
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 12:38 PM BST
ok thanks, wasn't talking about profit this week, more about profit (or loss) over time on horses?

you seem to bet frequently, occasionally on a whim, and mostly without any inside knowledge.  on the surface this is a recipe for disaster, but if you can make it pay, fair play.
Report richters May 18, 2013 12:51 PM BST
are you sniffing glue again ozy?
Report pa lapsy May 18, 2013 12:55 PM BST
Give a bit of leeway here Richters, excelling himself on this thread with putting people back in their boxes,correcting grammar errors etc, no views on anything that MIGHT happen but maybe a breakthrough is imminent.
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 12:56 PM BST
let's not get distracted form the original question, richters.  do you turn a profit on the nags over time?
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 12:58 PM BST
I'm on Clermont later, Lapsy.  Does that make me more of a hetrosexual man?
Report pa lapsy May 18, 2013 1:02 PM BST
Good luck with them, don,t really follow rugby so can,t give an opinion,fair play.
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 1:12 PM BST
look out for the lesbian kiss from the Finnish entrants at tonnights Eurovision, Pa.

Finnish entrant Krista Siegfrids, 27, said she wants to ‘make a statement’ about her country’s ban on gay marriage at the end of her performance.

She is a looker and if there are tongues involved the largely gay audience all over Europe might rapturously unite and swamp the phone lines. Available at 60s here.
Report richters May 18, 2013 1:13 PM BST
id be no different than any others on here oz have good days and bad.......i like this ew trixie for today
3.20 wexford LAS ENCINAS 11/4
4.05 newmarket JAMMY GUEST 5/1
2.15 Thirsk PRECIOUS ROSE 5/2(kelly harrisons last ride in public)
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 1:15 PM BST
thanks for being so candid, richters.  we'll take that as a 'no' then.

good luck with todays selections. it's an enjoyable auld hobby even if it does end up costing a few quid.
Report richters May 18, 2013 1:22 PM BST
stick to sniffing glue and betting on the pantomine that is the eurovision oz....and leave the real punting to those who know how......you keep backing heavy odds on shots as directed by your god keen leader and we will see were it gets you.......
Report Ozymandius May 18, 2013 1:26 PM BST
richters, have you thought of anger management classes?

surely pointing out to you that you lose money on horses should be seen as helpful and supportive.  Instead you fly off the handle with me...
Report kavvie May 18, 2013 1:44 PM BST
well lads yere bikering away.for what its worth i fancy farhh at 3/50 for the boys in blue..
Report kavvie May 18, 2013 2:12 PM BST
simon crisford doesnt share my optimism!!
Report frankalsoran60 May 18, 2013 3:07 PM BST
K.L FINAL PLAYS..LAST NIGHT

Norway at 2.1 top 3 lay....NOW 1.97
Norway at 1.9 top 4 lay....NOW 1.7
Norway at 1.6 top 5 lay....NOW 1.5

SO EVEN BETTER ODDS IF YOU STILL TRUST THE GOOD MAN.
Report richters May 18, 2013 4:02 PM BST
wd kavvie,crisford puts the punters away......wat a horrible bastid he is.........
Report kavvie May 18, 2013 4:10 PM BST
fcuk him anyway.i have duece on here and purple and got out of them both.if i had missed the interview id have bin grand...he was so emphatic.hes a fcuker after that.
Report the jolly May 18, 2013 7:41 PM BST
KL's record on this event over the years is superb - whatever happens tonight - I welcome his input and at least he has the b@lls to put up selections year on year. Keep up the good work KL and don't mind the begrudgers.
Report BigRob1 May 18, 2013 8:13 PM BST
winning nations total score is 5/6 over 285.5 on pp

its 4/7 ladbrokes over 285 and 4/6 bet365 over 290
Report Steveirll May 18, 2013 9:55 PM BST
IRELAND have Engelbert Humperdicks Son singing for them next. Wait and see, the hair and eyebrows died off him....
Bleedin MUCK song...
Report roadrunner46 May 18, 2013 9:56 PM BST
denmarks best song of the night so farLovejust checked the market its the fav. winners Denmark gl
Report Distant View May 18, 2013 11:15 PM BST
Having family members on these committees pays off.

Good shout with Denmark.
Report timberman May 18, 2013 11:27 PM BST
Ukraine gave us a good run for our money...Proven right about Irelands song too keen...
Report Pre-Fat-Low-Fat-Foods May 18, 2013 11:28 PM BST
Embarrassing stuff from KL

Aftertiming an 8/13f rofl LaughLaugh Shameful
Report richters May 18, 2013 11:30 PM BST
credit where its due....wd KL
Report kavvie May 18, 2013 11:31 PM BST
pity norway held forth..i had a beano otherwise!!
Report frankalsoran60 May 18, 2013 11:34 PM BST
same here, kavvie
Report the jolly May 18, 2013 11:35 PM BST
super stuff KL - almost a perfect call - Azerbijan got in the way of the forecast.  More please next year!!!!
Report vinnie_roe May 18, 2013 11:36 PM BST
I backed the uk at 5/1, to finish in front of Ireland.Grin
Report kavvie May 18, 2013 11:39 PM BST
i laid ire in a good few markets..unpatriotic but thought it was falsely priced.all over.hope kl gives us a few juicy gaa ones during summer..(what summer?!)
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl May 18, 2013 11:57 PM BST
A runaway win, white flag raised, towel thrown in before all had voted, very nice winner and a superb call by the one and only Keen Leader, (try to be a bit more humble), please remember you mist Loreen, my ringfone,etc., etc., etc.,............
Report ACE JACK DOUBLE SUITED May 19, 2013 1:41 AM BST
Great stuff KL...well done..sum twats on this thread
Report BigRob1 May 19, 2013 2:19 AM BST
anyone have any idea what price lreland were to finish last?
must of been huge odds ,,l'll guess 33/1
Report Ozymandius May 19, 2013 9:10 AM BST
Form is temporary, class is permanent.  It was as if Keen leader had written the script last night Cool

The n'er do well gombeens who were queueing up to prematurely bury him will no doubt be shuffling in, head down, to mutter their apologies.
Report Giant Strides May 19, 2013 9:16 AM BST
Crazy
Report richters May 19, 2013 9:59 AM BST
FFS ozy u are the biggest sycophant in the history of this forum or any forum for that matter.......a couple of odds on chances won and a couple of odds on chances lost on this thread,there are lads putting up double figure winners on here weekly and there isnt a chirp outa ye........this latest bout of ball licking shows you up 4 what you really are.........a sycophantic wannabe gambler........
Report Ozymandius May 19, 2013 10:22 AM BST
The point is Richters, the lads that occasionally get lucky with a double figure winner are generally not followed in by anybody because of their losing track record.  Why would anybody follow losers?

That's why KL is different gravy, he has demonstrated profitability over time and that is why he has the loyal following that he does.
Report richters May 19, 2013 10:43 AM BST
oh yes i forgot oz u traded out of airles kilcruise,finuge,bournemouth,hungary,norway....a classic aftertimer now to on top of everything else.........pa lapsy put up a 50/1 and a 40/1 winners at aintree this year and there wasnt a word from ye,as i said to ye yday oz i have no idea who KL is but im guessing that he is someone that is in the public limelight hence this would explain your sycophantic ramblings and mouth dribbling on his threads........i stated earlier in the thread fair play KL on his selections but your contributions are just staggering..........
Report workrider May 19, 2013 10:47 AM BST
Richters ,I believe the wonderful author C.D. created a character based on OZY , and called him BITZER......Laugh
Report Ozymandius May 19, 2013 10:50 AM BST
by way of correction, I didn't trade out of Arles, that was a painfull loss.  As was Clermont yesterday.  And I didn't back either Hungary or Norway.

I seem to recall congratulating Pa on his Aintree tips.  I didn't back the horses in question for the reasons outlined in my post of 10.22 above, unfortunatey I suspect few did.

My admiration of KL is because he has done what not one single other poster on here has done; demonstrated profitability over time.  Surely that is the holy grail for us all and should be lauded?
Report richters May 19, 2013 10:52 AM BST
have you done a P&L on his selections or are you just guessing this?
Report Ozymandius May 19, 2013 10:58 AM BST
Amply demonstrated in that thread where he put up horses for over a month.
Report richters May 19, 2013 11:01 AM BST
Ozymandius
18 May 13 12:38
| Topic/replies: 3,193 | Blogger: Ozymandius's blog
ok thanks, wasn't talking about profit this week, more about profit (or loss) over time on horses?

so a P&L is calculated over a month......OWKay
Report kavvie May 19, 2013 11:01 AM BST
rich in all fairness kl put up what must be the greatest money making thread ever last year or previous year. laois v cork hurling game.he gave about 14 advices and they all came in.it was taggering in its accuracy. mostly every thing he puts up is good and logical.if sunderland hadnt changed manager it a good chance they would have dropped.we know the bournemouth story. .dont shoot the messenger.
Report richters May 19, 2013 11:03 AM BST
kavvie im not doubting kl im questioning ozys dedication to in his words the great man.
Report insideinfo May 19, 2013 11:04 AM BST
richters if you were half the punter keen leader is you would be doing well.
Report Ozymandius May 19, 2013 11:06 AM BST
you admitted yesterday you lose money on horses.  I suspect you are bitter about KL's success.
Report richters May 19, 2013 11:07 AM BST
ow K inside info thanks for that piece of wisdom......are you signing in with the rest of the sycophants for the KL worshiping?
Report Ozymandius May 19, 2013 11:08 AM BST
You praise a man who makes money gambling and you are called a 'sycophant'.  By a man who loses money gambling.
Report richters May 19, 2013 11:13 AM BST
hard luck with clermont oz......everyone knows your form on here ozy......you are unliked,not just because your a west brit but because of your sly and snake like ramblings around the various forums on here.......
Report workrider May 19, 2013 11:17 AM BST
Hence me calling him   BITZER ....Laugh..That's exactly how Dickens DESCRIBES HIM....
Report Ozymandius May 19, 2013 11:18 AM BST
No like you to bring the whole 'West Brit' thing up when you are  floundering in discussion, old chap.

Btw I assume you mean 'disliked' rather that 'unliked'?

********************************************************************************************

Unlike Or Dislike?

The words unlike and dislike are opposites of the word like. But to understand the difference between unlike and dislike, we need to understand the difference between "like" as a preposition and "like" as a verb.

Like - Unlike (preposition)

As a preposition, like means "similar to" or "nearly the same as". Look at these examples:

John was wearing a shirt like mine.
He looked like a ghost.

For the opposite of the preposition like, we use unlike, which means "not like" or "not similar to":

John is unlike Peter, even though they are twins.
I was surprised by John's behaviour. It is unlike him to be rude.

Like - Dislike | Unlike (verb)

As a verb, to like means "to find (something) pleasant" or "to consider (something) enjoyable":

I like you.
Mary likes swimming. She goes swimming every day.

For the usual opposite of the verb like, we use dislike, which means "to not like" or "to find (something) unpleasant/disagreeable":

Robert dislikes being called "Robbie".
I disliked her from the moment we met.
Report silvergreaser May 19, 2013 11:30 AM BST
I haven't read the whole thread its Sunday morning and I'm as usual hung over and don't feel any guilt it this liberal society, if they had their way the worlds population would quadruple in 10 years, try feed that lot?

But on European song contest note, time to pull the plug, the voting is a effing joke east European neighbours getting 8,10 and 12 points, unless they bring in an Asian, African, South American, Latin American, North American, and Canadian non biased judges the farce will continue?.
Report silvergreaser May 19, 2013 11:38 AM BST
Granted we took the pee with an effing turkey and Europe has never forgiven us?.
Report insideinfo May 19, 2013 11:39 AM BST
no richters im just signing in to say that you appear to be a bitter little tw&t.
Report frankalsoran60 May 19, 2013 12:01 PM BST
The same CRITICISMS are put up here every year about the voteing systems Silver ,the Reality is the top 5 songs in the betting finished in all most the top 5 in the correct order , its impossible givin the nature of the eurovision to have the perfect voting system.. the plug as you call it will never be pulled on the eurovision because its very Popular in europe..the secret is to enjoy it and DONT take it to seriously..the audience in malmoe last night were great they took it for what it is a great A GREAT BIT OF CRAIC.
Report silvergreaser May 19, 2013 12:06 PM BST
Frank, get out a European map and look at it and then look to see what countries gave x amount of points to, mostly neighbours you will find, and then if you look at the later voting they only seemed to give votes to countries who were still in contention, do you honestly think the Irish song was only worth 5 points even with the Turkey?
Report kavvie May 19, 2013 12:09 PM BST
the surprising thing about the irish song was that we only got 1 pt from brits.must be very mean up round strabane where the singer comes from and all his neighbours could vote for him..
Report frankalsoran60 May 19, 2013 12:23 PM BST
Im well aware of my geography were Europe is Concerned Silver, my point is you cant change the map to suit the eurovision, ..also if your saying the final voteing near the end of the comp is **** then it would be the end of eurovision after 57years,   ..i agree with you about the irish song but as the song says [it was just one of those things].
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby May 19, 2013 12:32 PM BST
I think most would agree Irelands "Entry" whilst not great, certainly didnt deserve last when you look at some of the other terrible performances. A return to a jury format would suit yet will never happen. Organisers must make a mint off the phone in votes.

In fairness the years Ireland won, they won with decent songs. McGettigan/Harrington & Eimear Quinn were decent entries compared to a turkey and 2 raving benders. Politics plays its part. RTE can barely afford to keep their ship afloat. Last thing they need is the cost of hosting an event like that

Last nights winner was by an absolute mile the best song/performance. In hindsight, she should have been 1/20
Report Santry May 19, 2013 1:05 PM BST
Thanks KL. Acted for small stakes on advice and made a few shillings.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com