Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pa lapsy
30 Mar 13 23:05
| Topic/replies: 12,634 | Blogger: pa lapsy's blog
National hunt fans are spoilt this week with Fairyhouse and Aintree.
Suppose the three main horses you would look forward to seeing tomorrow are Annie Power,Mount Benbulben and Defy Logic.
Very classy field in the novice hurdle,i,d imagine Defy logic will belt off in front, the expression "he could be anything" applies at this stage to Some Tikket,very facile winner so far on his last couple of outings at early quotes of around 7/1 looks a fair ew bet as hopefully defy logic may well set the race up for him.
One to watch is County Champions in the bumper in Mallow,anyone who hasn,t seen his last couple of runs they are well worth a look,whether they will press the trigger tomorrow who knows.
Enjoy your Easter.
Pause Switch to Standard View Fairyhouse/Cork tomorrow
Show More
Report ChildOfMine2 March 30, 2013 10:12 PM GMT
I'd be opposing Defy Logic for definite and the expression ''could be anything' does definitely not apply to Some Tikket. He's won two mickey mouse races up to now.. Sizing Gold is probably the one to beat but I think Reine Angevine might be worth a few quid each way at 25's in what is a wide open Grade 2 event. Annie Power is already all the rage for the Grade 1 Mares Hdle but she's priced up on just one run and the form of that win isn't anything special. Willie's other two could be value, particularly Zuzka at 9/1. Think we'll see Mikael make up for his Drinmore hiccup in the Powers Gold Cup tomorrow.
Report olddesperado March 30, 2013 10:33 PM GMT
I think Oscars Well will run well fresh tomorrow in the big one.
All his form was franked at cheltenham , distance perfect and ground should be fine.
I also have a funny feeling there might be some significent news regarding him tomorrow
Report pa lapsy March 30, 2013 10:35 PM GMT
Maybe mickey mouse races alright COM2,and while i,d know its dangerous to take too literal a view but on a line through Hunting Party-Foxrock
-Fergiethelegend would say he isn,t very far off Defy Logic at all.
Weld has a high opinion of him and did say he may be better on goodish ground,he handled it well at Navan. I remain hopeful.
Mikeal i agree, maybe at the expense of a mishap by Benbulben though he was v.imp last time,Mikeal no certainty to get around either.
Report ChildOfMine2 March 30, 2013 10:41 PM GMT
Most probably wouldn't agree with me but Mikael isn't actually a bad jumper - more of a confidence thing. How Mount Benbulben s favourite for this race is beyond me. If he wins tomorrow, given a fairly run race, I'll give up.
Report G Hall March 30, 2013 11:45 PM GMT
pa i was on county champions the last day,to say it was a quiet run,is overstating it,but is tomorrow the day?
Report Eddie Batt March 31, 2013 12:07 AM GMT
At least 4 of the horses in the Powers Gold Cup are disasters waiting to happen-Mount Benbulben.Mikhael D,Oscars andRealt Mor.I don't like the other 2.I wouldn't be surprised to see several horses trade at odds on in running or one horse to get chinned at really short odds in running.
I would be inclined to back Realt Mor at double figure odds on here and try to lay off at about 2.3 to guarantee a profit.
Report ChildOfMine2 March 31, 2013 12:14 AM GMT
Realt Mor won't trade short tomorrow bar four horses fall. And that's unlikely to happen.
Report padlock March 31, 2013 8:03 AM BST
fancy D.Condon to have a double today mala beach + pencilhimin
good its on rte 2 also Happy
Report padlock March 31, 2013 8:04 AM BST
its 8.03am wheres the hour gone
Report mrcombustible March 31, 2013 9:14 AM BST
I could be wrong but I don't like County Champions, her best chance would be in a mares only bumper. She is a 12th foal and all bar one were useless, the good one was Noisy Miner for the Duke. Milan is the only good thing about the pedigree and it must be pretty horrible to have gone through the ring for 1000 less than 2 years ago
Report keen leader March 31, 2013 10:13 AM BST
tough racing today. an excellent mares hurdle which will firmly establish the pecking order in the division. in the novice hurdle, i will be place laying some tikket, remember the jockey who rode him at puncestown saying he was unsteerable going right handed. his 2 wins at navan were left handed, it beggers belief why weld is now upping him in class and running right handed again. the power gold cup, any of the 6 could win with a clean round of jumping, again a place lay of mkh dag seems a straight forward conclusion, he has no confidence jumping and the way he empties hints to me that he may be bleeding internally. could be a day to make danny mullins..
Report G Hall March 31, 2013 10:23 AM BST
any thoughts on the grade 3 at cork call the police or pandorama?
Report pa lapsy March 31, 2013 10:29 AM BST
G Hall, I haven,t a clue tbh,the extra 3f is in her favour,the books aren,t taking a chance at 11/2 though weak enough here very early.Few in this race with bits of fair form as well.Course market late on i,ll be watching.
Maybe you are right with a mares bumper Mr C think there is certainly a race in her and on previous evidence has been ridden in view of a touch in the future imo.
Report DECALEC March 31, 2013 11:52 AM BST
only 1 direction to take FOLLOW THE SIGN 3.25F/H
Report norn iron March 31, 2013 12:04 PM BST
KINGCLIP EW SAVER  YOUNG FINNEGAN (FAV SILLY PRICE ON WEAK DOWNP BUMPER WIN IMO )

MISSUNITED EW

BRIGHT NEW DAWN NB  DANGER SIZN GOLD 

WHISPERING HILLS EW SAVER EW KING OF THE REFS

TREAT YOUSELF EW SAVER EW GENTLE PADDY 

DEDIGOUT NAT DANGER OSCARS WELL  REF 4CAST

TIMES REMEMBERED EW   SAVER MACNICOLSON 

GOOD LUCK PUNTERS CoolAND HAPPY EASTER Love

ROLL ON AINTREE THURS & FRIDevil
Report DECALEC March 31, 2013 12:18 PM BST
THOUGHT YOUR 1ST SAVER WAS YOUNG **** IT IS EASTER SUNDAY AFTER ALLLaugh
Report DECALEC March 31, 2013 12:18 PM BST
******F E N I A N
Report dj876 March 31, 2013 12:36 PM BST
5.20 Cork-Mines river
Report snap crackle and pop March 31, 2013 12:44 PM BST
No all weather action today Cry

Think the play is to lay mount benbulben and carriganog in fairyhouse and lay toostrong and waylander in cork
Report tony57 March 31, 2013 1:15 PM BST
BORN IN FIRE cork 3.45 e/w looks a decent bet to me..won lto i know the trainer said it was unexpected but if maintaining that then will go close
Report silvergreaser March 31, 2013 1:46 PM BST
I always find this Fairyhouse meeting a particularly dangerous place to play, I find its often used as a stepping stone for the big Punchestown meeting by many trainers.

That mares race doesn't look as cut and dried as the short odds might suggest, Annie is stepping up in trip so until she proves it we don't know for certain albeit the breeding suggest no problem, and of course reading Willies comments you're none the wiser as to which one of his he really fancies?.

Decent racing but watching brief for me.
Report pa lapsy March 31, 2013 2:36 PM BST
Some performance from Annie,very easy Shocked
Report dinglemick March 31, 2013 2:38 PM BST
Happy Easter Forumites .... One that looks thrown in to me off a mark of 116 is Byerley Babe in Cork  , still available around 5/2 ... We just saw Glens Melody run quite well behind Annie Power . Byerley based on its run behind Glens the last day looks like around a 125- 130 horse so i reckon the handicapper has been easy enough on her ... short enough for a competitive handicap maybe but could be thrown in off 116.....
Report silvergreaser March 31, 2013 2:46 PM BST
Very impressive from Annie there, if she wasn't in it Glens Melody would've been hailed as a very impressive winner herself after suffering some very heavy interference.
Report pa lapsy March 31, 2013 3:12 PM BST
Good shout Padlock and Some tikket layers,beaten a long way out.
Report lustrumm March 31, 2013 3:25 PM BST
Jeez that was a costly fall for two owners in what looked an soft enough fall on easy ground. Both Pride of the parish and the brought down Anonis killed in the same fall. Over 1/2 Million Euros worth of bloodstock gone in one fall.

Separately to Tom the clown on RTE. You are quoting prices off the place market. Defy Logic was never 1.01, shortest was 1.2. Also to tell you no one has any interest listening to your tips or "The one you like" as you put it
Report pa lapsy March 31, 2013 4:02 PM BST
Two nice horses alright Lustrumm,commiserations to connections.
WD Dingle,bet you thought the line would never come.
Report tony57 March 31, 2013 4:40 PM BST
great training performance there to get realt mor to win there..
Report silvergreaser March 31, 2013 4:49 PM BST
If you ran that Powers Gold Cup another 5 times with the same 6 horses you might get 5 different winners, not one of them could you say actually jumped all that good, even the positively ridden winner wasn't immune to making mistakes.
Report mrcombustible March 31, 2013 5:27 PM BST
Well done Pa Lapsy with County Champions, easy winner. I got that wrong
Report kingrat March 31, 2013 5:36 PM BST
ah great tipping pa.thats what i like to see,1 at a price.wd m8.
Report pa lapsy March 31, 2013 5:36 PM BST
Thanks Mr C,she won handy, weak on course and the exchanges so didn,t go mad with her, anyway good finish on a bad day to that point.
Report tony57 March 31, 2013 7:09 PM BST
i had alook at its last run pa..you were spot on about wether they wanted to win or not!..anyway nice spot welldone...im sweet ON AZORIAN 6.25 tomorrow..its win at leoparstown in febuary stands out for me...good luck all
Report G Hall March 31, 2013 8:19 PM BST
County C frustrating just token bet on it today,very weak everywhere,only recouped losses from the last day Sad
Report dinglemick March 31, 2013 9:08 PM BST
great  spot Lapsy and a great price too . Pity i didn t follow you in Cry ...... We should have doubled the two Tyners together Laugh
Report Cupwinkcook March 31, 2013 9:29 PM BST
nothing original for me today
3 place lays :
Zuzka - going by races earlier in the season, clearly wasn't fancied. Having to lay at 4 wasn't ideal but still.

Some Tikket - good call by KL on the track not suiting.Looked ok early on but was lugging by halfway. Missed laying at 2.2 early, had to take 2.5 when the cat was out of the bag.

Mikhail Dagenuet - initially win laid him early but was strong most of the day especially on Purple. Got out when it was briefly weak, and place laid instead at 2.5. Ran a decent race and was unlucky to lose 2nd. Saw one mistake only.

Roi du mee was trading at 1.12 for a place, in hindsight 9/10 was a decent price for the win.

Some good shouts on this tread. Wasn't convinced about Byerley Babe but fair play.
Report kingrat March 31, 2013 9:40 PM BST
yeah,it was a good spot by pa.i was giving the race a swerve and then when pa highlighted it i had a closer look.then i said to meself,hello!i will have abit of that.Laughits a pity some1 like pa who knows his stuff does not put up posts regarding irish racing more often instead of the usual mug punter tipping an even money shot.
Report Cupwinkcook March 31, 2013 10:06 PM BST
Just seen that Mikhail was pricewise at 4/1, no wonder it was strong all morning.
Report pa lapsy March 31, 2013 10:15 PM BST
kingrat glad you made a few bob,truth is at times tis one step forward and two or more back.last thread i did last week on Mallow just down the page you would be laughing at the way some of dem ran.
Same as yourself G Hall pity it wasn,t stronger beforehand.
Report G Hall March 31, 2013 10:31 PM BST
it may not be a horse to go to war with pa,just looked moderate despite winning today
Report ChildOfMine2 March 31, 2013 10:43 PM BST
Good call with Realt Mor Eddie Batt. Similarly good call with County Champions G Hall Happy
Report snap crackle and pop March 31, 2013 11:17 PM BST
Think the play tomorrow is to lay eight chimes and sizing rio at Fairyhouse
Report pa lapsy March 31, 2013 11:55 PM BST
Castle Genie 3.00C. Would have won a lot more easily at Clonmel(chase) only for making a bags of the last,3rd horse that day Back in a Tic was close enough(3 lengths)to Charlies Vic in a grade3. Poor enough race (80-102)Sumpindasuperstar will probably belt off hasn,t found much in the latter stages in recent runs,Coolnagora Giggs is improving still looked one pace lto,Midleton man Dan Rohan would love a winner here and at a probably big price i,d expect Castleknock Rose to run well.
Be very disappointed if Castle Genie won,t be able to follow up here however.
Report padlock April 1, 2013 7:16 AM BST
thanks pa lapsy,he did get the double later also,had nice bet on tote £18.40 which was handy
wd on your winner also.
Report Cupwinkcook April 1, 2013 1:22 PM BST
to the lunatic who just plonked 5000 on Zaidpour all the way ti 1.98

thanks for the free money
Report punchestown April 1, 2013 1:25 PM BST
Think Tennis Cap might be worth a lay today,whilst probably has the best form it might be vunerable today after a hard race at Cheltenham and  unexposed Mallowney amongst the dangers,any thoughts folks?
Report Cupwinkcook April 1, 2013 1:40 PM BST
would have been a lay at 6/4
not so sure now

A lay of Sizing Rio with the proceeds going onto Mallowney could be the ticket.
Report pa lapsy April 1, 2013 1:44 PM BST
With Tennis cap and Pique Sous both being ideally front runners you would still get the feeling they aren,t going to take each other on.
Like Mallowney myself Pun.and the race could be set up for him,but keeping away from it as think its possible tennis cap could be given a soft lead.GL
Report kingrat April 1, 2013 2:46 PM BST
ok pa,3-1 or better and i am in.
Report pa lapsy April 1, 2013 3:13 PM BST
Shocker from castle genie,weak before and raced keen very far back,made up ground with ever looking likely to get to leaders.feckit.
Report tony57 April 1, 2013 3:21 PM BST
yes disappointing pa..thats racing
Report kingrat April 1, 2013 3:25 PM BST
dont worry about it pa.u got a fair price.imo tobin was bad there...now steady sil.Laugh
Report kingrat April 1, 2013 8:11 PM BST
nice 1 tony!fair play,i can always rely on u.katie walsh does not do sentiment like that old guff...."thats racing"Laugh
Report kingrat April 1, 2013 9:06 PM BST
2013-04-01
18:30     26182050562     2013-04-01
17:28     IRE Fairy 1st Apr / 18:25 2m INHF / Azorian
Lay           2.16     250.00     Won

that was my bet tony,what was yours,eh?Wink
Report Cupwinkcook April 1, 2013 9:59 PM BST
Zaidpour - made money on the trade, but disappointed that whoever was in the know manipulated the market the way they did. Whoever backed it at 1.28 in running, god only knows.

Novice hurdle winner was impressive but Mallowney falling and Tennis Cap running flat made the race a poor spectacle.

National - had Romanesco e/w and looked like he'd get 5th before falling at the last, was tired though

Tomorrow's card is dire.

1/6 shot beaten in the seller at Fakenham, layers tried to get Penmore Mill in the next and it hacked up. 8/15 was buying money but my nerve was gone.
Report db1974 April 1, 2013 11:53 PM BST
Anyone back the winner of the National? Even looking at the horse's form after it won I can see nothing there that would have encouraged me to throw a fiver on it in the hope it might come on from its last run or anything like that.  Certainly nothing to indicate that it could win a race like a Grand National. It doesn't even seem like it was a plot or gamble, given that they went to Cheltenham.
Report Arklearkle April 2, 2013 12:06 AM BST
That Fairyhouse meeting is and always has been a bookies benefit. Two novice handicap chases today and surprise surprise one of them sponsored by a bookie.
Report pa lapsy April 2, 2013 12:39 PM BST
Odd results altright the last few races,Good spot with Zaidpour Cupwink it was a lovely opportunity with that price you layed.
Got Tennis Cap spot on Punchestown ran desperate,Pique Sous was imo short all day(around 4.4) it wasn,t an unexpected result at all.
Kingrat in regards tonys57 comment"thats racing" , you fancy a horse strongly,and runs like a drain,nothing new happened before it,ll happen again. I appreciated the comment at the time(and your own btw) don,t know why you have the needle with him,he likes his racing.
Shocking card indeed today.
Report tony57 April 2, 2013 12:53 PM BST
thanks pa..i knew you understood what i meant..a racing man knows another...the card today is as you say poor..my only bet will be SUB LUITENANT e/w @7/1...pm doyle has sold some good horses in his time and i hope this is another..
anyone coming over for aintree ,im only 10mins from course..im going thursday..so hope to meet up
Report norn iron April 2, 2013 1:12 PM BST
POOR CARD INDEEDShockedIMO FESTIVALS GETTING MORE AN MORE DILUTEDSad

MOUNT COLAH EW  435   THINK THIS WILL LEAD AND GO CLOSE SAVER EW LOCH ARD

BURN AN TURN EW 505

MISTER FARMER WON THIS LAS YEAR  SAVER EW IN GREAT FORM

HEADING AINTREE THURS & FRI Love
Report punchestown April 2, 2013 1:14 PM BST
Pa,I backed Mallowney in the same race as well and was on the fav in the last race so dropped a few quid on the day.
Report pa lapsy April 2, 2013 1:27 PM BST
Same here with the bumper Punchestown,thought the winner was sure to weaken inside the final furlong.J M got a lot of slack on the main forum bit undeserved just thought Azorian took forever to hit top gear, typical.
Have a good one at Aintree Norn and watch out for dem oompaloompasGrin
Report ChildOfMine2 April 2, 2013 1:28 PM BST
Also fancy Burn And Turn. Great each way shout on ground she'll like.
Report db1974 April 2, 2013 1:41 PM BST
Going to have an each-way bet on Banjaxed Girl at 16/1. 2nd in this race last year, she has ran 3 good races at this track already and broke her chasing duck at Punchestown earlier this season, a track which is very similar track to Fairyhouse, both right-hand galloping tracks. I'll be disappointed if she isn't in the first 3 anyway.
Report Eddie Batt April 2, 2013 1:50 PM BST
Don't know what happened to my earlier post but Days Hotel would prefer softer ground in my opinion and is relatively weak in the market in my opinion-that makes him a lay in my opinion.
Report kingrat April 2, 2013 2:13 PM BST
no worries tony,i hear u .of course yre right...but tony is the type that will do u on the sly.check his run and then run through u or clatter u on the blind side.so there is only 1 way to deal with that.Wink.......anyway Laugh..i will post my bet once i have got the money down.Wink
Report tony57 April 2, 2013 2:34 PM BST
you are a ponce...and have no bottle..
Report kingrat April 2, 2013 2:38 PM BST
LaughWink
Report punchestown April 2, 2013 3:43 PM BST
That opener an absolute shocker for punters,the other 3 couldn't wait to take each other on.
Report norn iron April 2, 2013 3:58 PM BST
LOL AFTERTIMING BACKED WINNER @50 HIT 150 IRShocked IN FAIRNESS DECENT FLAT HORSE AND RAN VERY WELL FTO @LEOP SO WAS WORTH FIVER Love
Report Eddie Batt April 2, 2013 4:00 PM BST
Days Hotel 1.73 as I posted earlier-now 1.88.This is my lay of the month.
Report norn iron April 2, 2013 4:10 PM BST
WELL DUN EDDIE  ON LAY
Report punchestown April 2, 2013 4:11 PM BST
WD Eddie,fav wanted it much softer today.
Report pa lapsy April 2, 2013 4:14 PM BST
Good shout with the lay Eddie(and norn), seems to be a layers time with the ground being the way it is now.
Report norn iron April 2, 2013 4:19 PM BST
MY 3 IN 435 HURDLE  MOUNT COLAH   COUPLE AT BIG PRICES  BEEF TO THE HEELS /FORMIDABLEOPPONENT
Report Eddie Batt April 2, 2013 4:20 PM BST
Thanks boys.
Report kingrat April 2, 2013 4:30 PM BST
ok pa, i have got the money down.blazing tempo 5-1.get on pa its a fcking give me.
Report Slabster April 2, 2013 4:48 PM BST
Any thoughts on the mares' chase? I thought Blazing Tempo would be a shorter price, at her best she's a fair bit ahead of these imo. No bet but any thoughts?
Report pa lapsy April 2, 2013 4:50 PM BST
Alright Ratty bigballs,she ssems to handle good anyway,the cinncinati thread will be full if you don,t deliver here.
Gentleman Duke caught the eye in that 4.35,nice mark and a good handicap in him i think.
Robbie Power seemed sweet on his ride in the mares bumper at Aintree on Friday,quick look at it hard to know what to make of the others though.
Report punchestown April 2, 2013 4:54 PM BST
I like Our Girl Sally in the next,I thought if the Jockey on Mount Colah had timed it a bit better and waited a bit longer before going on it might have been another winner for norn Happy
Report Millionaire_Morse April 2, 2013 4:55 PM BST
our girl sally is a mug horse , it is  FULL BANK LAY son . i am the greatest i will teach u a betting lesson here .
Report punchestown April 2, 2013 5:10 PM BST
Time to forget fences for Our Girl Sally.
Report kingrat April 2, 2013 5:54 PM BST
give it up tony m8.ffs.Laugh
Report Santry April 2, 2013 5:57 PM BST
Our Girl Salley is gone at the game and time to head to the breeding paddocks.I didnt see the race today but in her last run over hurdles a few weeks back it was clear she didnt want to know.
Report padlock April 3, 2013 8:29 AM BST
good meeting fairyhouse,joined tote.com to do irish tote bets,quite good site,got the exacta in the 4.35 yesterday captain arceus/sizing machine,only paid £88 but sfc paid £110 they sponsored the race .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com