Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
padlock
26 Mar 13 06:55
| Topic/replies: 9,288 | Blogger: padlock's blog
big game ,big chance to keep pressure on sweden and austria to try to nick 2nd place in group,much better shape v sweden mainly because the best players are being picked at last,get a sense that the players are playing for the country despite the ramblings and mistakes of the oap manager,long and sammon up front tonight apparently.mc carthy, coleman ,mc clean seem to be on the same wavelength so hoping for 3points,probably not many goals as austria dont concede much,young team though,be good to see crowd noise get behind ireland,1-0 or 2-1 home win,it seems most of country had enough after poland but signs that this team are better,play better football etc.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 87
By:
pa lapsy
When: 26 Mar 13 12:00
An hour and half without a shot on target in the Swedish game is a fairly damning statistic even though they did play well enough overall.
Surely will have to try and win this game tonight and should be more attacking football.Austria,s recent results don,t look great with a away defeat to the Welsh and a draw to Kazakhstan and a home defeat (0-3) to the Ivory Coast.Hate to admit that i,d be inclined to take Ireland on at the moment in regards a bet but the Austrians don,t look great either.
Hope they manage the win tonight.
By:
padlock
When: 26 Mar 13 12:15
austria have a few young decent players,think the shape of irelands side was much better in sweden,ok they poor in front of goal,fancy long to score tonight though,bit odd that he didnt pick doyle to partner him but whats new with trap,ticket prices still a joke so probably be kak atmosphere,early goal would lift that.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 26 Mar 13 12:42
Won,t know a lot about them to be honest Padlock,imagine them to be in the German mold in regards style.Think their mindset would be happy with a draw.
See the ticket prices generally $45 with a range between $35-$70, dear enough alright.
By:
padlock
When: 26 Mar 13 12:57
was thinking about going up
transport £40
ticket £50
food/drink/stuff £50

lot of money add another £60 if bringing kid etc,wtf are they thinking in a recession? so tv and few bottles,used to go but havent been new stadium yet.
By:
ACE JACK DOUBLE SUITED
When: 26 Mar 13 13:15
Keane not playing is a major boost for Ireland.
By:
padlock
When: 26 Mar 13 13:17
yes the tallaght tumbler wont be missed,should step down while we can still remember a good performance by him imo
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 26 Mar 13 13:30
Most tickets are €45 that's inline with international football matches, for Northern Ireland v Israel tonight the IFA are charging £35 sterling in, their stadium is one with much poorer facilities and 2 poorer teams. I'm not a big drinker so the food/drink/stuff would probably easily be halved for me but still costing well over a €100. For easier to do the Internationals when i lived in Dublin, ticket, price of a couple of pints and a burger and walk home, then it don't sound so expensive.
By:
keen leader
When: 26 Mar 13 13:42
round the time of the euros last summer austria played a couple of friendly games, ukraine and romania, and their gameplan was around set pieces, as they had a lot of height in the team. i assume that the trapdoor has chosen sammon for his defensive contributions from those set pieces as in fairness to him he performed solidly in that respect in the poland friendly. goals will be in short supply tonight. a good bet on under 2.5 at 1.7 and under 1.5 at 3.1, should give a relatively safe profit if you get out of the bets after 20 mins, as if 0-0 at that stage, u2.5 will be less than 1.5, and u1.5 will be at the 2.5 mark.

i could be wrong but portugal ht-ft at 5/6 looks the play of the day.
By:
padlock
When: 26 Mar 13 13:52
yes if your a dubliner ok,doesn't seem to be enough dubs to fill stadium though unless its gaa and you make it to final Mischief mabey the d4 crew are feeling the pinch also i guess
By:
pa lapsy
When: 26 Mar 13 14:04
Rocket i used to go to Highbury to see David O,Leary and Niall Quinn play around 1987,Stapleton and Brady used to play for them a few years before and it was a kind of a Irish club with a large Irish community in north London at the time. Prices to get in(admittedly standing was either £3.50 or £4.50,certainly no more than the latter. A days wage for me at the time was around £25-£30. Compare the ratio today and the conclusion is the "fan" is expected to pay for the players stellar rise in wages.
Sounds alright the Portugal bet,GL.
By:
DeargDubh
When: 26 Mar 13 14:20
A word of caution KL, no doubt you already know but Ronaldo does not play tonight.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 26 Mar 13 14:39
Pa i ain't saying tickets prices in general are right for top level football, as i said above i ain't defending the prices but just saying it's in line with other FA's prices near us in an answer to someone who said what we're they thinking. Btw if i lived in the UK and had a son i honestly not sure if i could afford to bring him, prices are just ludicrous. I was quoted a face value ticket of £80 a few seasons ago for Chelsea v City, £80 quid pfffff, Was in the UK on business recently and paid either £35 or £38 each for 3 tickets in St Mary's away section for Southampton v Everton. Petrol money up an down £30 then food and a drink dam all change from £200 to go and see a footy match, crazy.

Getting back to the match the under should click you'd imagine Austria will come for the point and it will be a tight game but not sure if there is huge value in it when commission is taken into account. I'd rather play us of a dnb line of 1.71 with Asian firms and small play on 2.12 -0.25, we may not be much but looking at them i'd say they're not a whole lot better, the last day they started West Ham's Pogatez i think he's terrible and would be hopeful of getting at him.
By:
db1974
When: 26 Mar 13 14:57
Far be it from me to question KL's tipping but I don't like the look of that Portugal HT:FT bet at all

Portugal have already drawn 3-3 away to Israel, coming from 3-1 down with 20 mins to go to score the equaliser in the 93rd minute and only beat Luxembourg 2-1 (HT 1-1), with the winner in the 64th minute

Even in the qualifiers for the last EUROs, they lost to both Denmark and Norway away. They did beat Cyprus 4-0 (HT 1-0), from a penalty in the first half and 3 goals in the last 10 mins to get those 4, and also beat Iceland 3-1

Azerbaijan at home have already drawn with Israel in this campaign while for the EUROs they beat Turkey 1-0, drew 1-1 with Belgium, beat Kazak 3-2, lost to Germany 3-1 (HT 2-0, Azerb pulled one back in 89th min and Germany got their last in 92nd) and Austria 4-1 (HT 1-0)

5/6 looks short enough to me
By:
padlock
When: 26 Mar 13 17:07
pp enhancing long as first goalscorer 13/2
By:
richters
When: 26 Mar 13 18:50
portugal nil nil HT
By:
pa lapsy
When: 26 Mar 13 18:53
How Postiga missed that header in the last secondsCry.
Portugal bossed the half with a free kick off the post and a couple of half chances.For all their superiority they have nothing to show for it.
By:
richters
When: 26 Mar 13 18:57
be worth backing after ten minutes of 2nd half imo pa....might get a bit of 4/6
By:
pa lapsy
When: 26 Mar 13 19:00
Naw Richters thats enough of that one,your probably right on the 1st half showing should get 1 or 2.
By:
kingrat
When: 26 Mar 13 20:43
ireland to win 1-0....8-1 bf.
By:
irish_guy_13
When: 26 Mar 13 20:44
backed 1-1,2-2,3-3.
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 26 Mar 13 20:47
I agree with Kingrat a 1 0 victory for Ireland.
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 26 Mar 13 20:58
True to form Clark **** up.
By:
pa lapsy
When: 26 Mar 13 21:03
Looking at the moment as if they are trying for the world record at getting a shot on targetSad
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 26 Mar 13 21:05
i'm backing Ireland now Shocked
By:
When: 26 Mar 13 21:11
Grin
By:
Dan Chipowski
When: 26 Mar 13 21:11
Well done Shane Long. Dopey tackle from the defender though. Grin

1-1
By:
pa lapsy
When: 26 Mar 13 21:13
Up ou dat Grin
good shout there Premier
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Mar 13 21:15
Can we get Whelan off now. He caused the initial indecision for goal.The game will just pass him by.He is utter crap.

We are too stretched with this long ball garbage also, so get Sammon the leper off and get Wes on.

What does Walters do btw...

Come on Eire.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Mar 13 21:25
We knock it up, they break into a big empty space.
By:
MiltonF
When: 26 Mar 13 21:30
Walters plays like a right back for Stoke.. so basically a defender
By:
When: 26 Mar 13 21:32
get in there Grin now we can green up
By:
pa lapsy
When: 26 Mar 13 21:33
Wat miltonF Laugh
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Mar 13 21:33
Toldya  Laugh
By:
olddesperado
When: 26 Mar 13 21:38
good performance tbf
good pressing and passing and much more easy on the eye of late
By:
olddesperado
When: 26 Mar 13 22:21
surely need to get Green on for mccarthy and Doyle for sammon now.
By:
When: 26 Mar 13 22:22
Get Wes on, we need someone who can get their foot on the ball and actually keep it
By:
olddesperado
When: 26 Mar 13 22:24
he mightnt be able to get on ball. need someone to win it first
By:
olddesperado
When: 26 Mar 13 22:27
ffs ?
By:
Diamond_Joe_Quimby
When: 26 Mar 13 22:33
What an incredible job Trappatoni is doing. The team has little ability yet they fight like tigers for each other.
The sum of the parts is well and truly greater than the individuals
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com