Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
21 Feb 13 15:35
| Topic/replies: 31,512 | Blogger: workrider's blog
seems to be going through the motions .....making a lot of mistakes etc....is he ready to pick up sticks....lost interest...?....
Pause Switch to Standard View ruby .....whats wrong .....
Show More
Report lapsy pa February 22, 2013 7:16 PM GMT
Thank you Tolmi, whoever is employed as an analyst in the RP is doing that horse an injustice.
Report Tolmi February 22, 2013 7:22 PM GMT
She was plenty keen through the race which probably meant she had little in reserve when challenged up the hill.However in no way could you say based on the evidence of yesterday's race that she is ungenuine.That said I would think its not great form with the second fav pulling up and the unexposed Rye Martini proving disappointing.
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 7:25 PM GMT
Do you think the Racing Post is making things up?
Report lapsy pa February 22, 2013 7:27 PM GMT
Yes it is Rocket,look at the vid and don,t believe all you read Wink
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 7:30 PM GMT
I suppose you only see what you want to see !

Racing post can never be trusted so with their pretend analysis.
Report Tolmi February 22, 2013 7:34 PM GMT
There is such a thing as human error.I think anyone who looks carefully at the race would find it extremely difficult to say she swished her tail.

As for only seeing what you want to see ...look at the race and then comment.
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 7:46 PM GMT
It's probably only visible to the trained eye lads.
Report lapsy pa February 22, 2013 7:51 PM GMT
I see you looked at the vid.Laugh
Report jimeen February 22, 2013 7:54 PM GMT
I must take my hat off to Justin O Hanlon who noticed the tail swishing,as i certainly didnt and it seems that most others didnt either. I went back to look at the race and about 50 yards after the 3rd last it is quite clear she gives at least 2 swirls. Leaving aside the error at the last,she should still have won and i wouldnt blame anybody for questioning her resolution.
As for ruby,for years and years he was the one person you wanted on your animal if he had a winning lead with one to jump. He rarely if ever met with disaster,now for some reason that unnerring accuracy at the final obstacle seems to have vanished. Maybe its very poor fortune or maybe it is simply the years starting to catch up with him.
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 8:00 PM GMT
Thanks Jimeen, the rest of the lads, if you don't know what you're looking for how can you spot it?
Report lapsy pa February 22, 2013 8:04 PM GMT
Tail did go up 2 or 3 times where you said Jimeen.
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 8:13 PM GMT
Laugh
Report lapsy pa February 22, 2013 8:15 PM GMT
Ah feck off ya little bollex.
Laugh
Report Tolmi February 22, 2013 8:20 PM GMT
I read the Post which stated she swished her tail coming down the hill.I picked the point in the race where I would consider they start coming down the hill which happened to be about 50 yards after the tail swishing.I was incorrect in stating that she didn't swish her tail as it it obvious that she did.I looked at the race from the wrong point.
Report jimeen February 22, 2013 8:31 PM GMT
I actually thought the swishing ye were on about would have taken place when she came under pressure,and she wasnt under any undue strain until well after the second last hurdle. I hadnt read the racing post at all but just put on the latter stages of the race on the video,and unsurprisingly didnt notice the swishing at all. It is unusual for horses to swish the tail unless they are under maximum pressure,that makes the fact that she did it at that stage in the race even more worrying,in regard to her future career. I thought she was dissapointing enough anyway and this temperament issue makes her an even more hazardous proposition in the future.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 22, 2013 8:39 PM GMT
You must have read the Racing Post as in your first post you said " I take my hat off to Justin OHanlon "

Horses swish their tails for different reasons most times its a sign of resentment but as she was travelling sweetly at the time don't think it is particularly relevant.
That Clonmel finish is stiff and the fact is she stopped after the last,Rathlin wouldn't be the most resolute.

Rocketfingers has yet to see the race he just read the Racing Post in his local booking office.
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 8:45 PM GMT
Jimeen by the far the best poster in regards to horse raing on here although tolmi is worth a read to tbf. Wildman and Wonky way out of touch, sad i've tried my best with them but no joy.
Report jimeen February 22, 2013 8:51 PM GMT
Wildmanfromborneo,i read the thread and incorrectly assumed that the tail swishing took place later in the race. I then read the racing post to see that he actually said what he was supposed to have. At that point i noticed he said it took place coming down the hill,and then went back to have a look at it again. I disagree with you that the tail swishing is not relevant,in fact i think its very worrying. She was an absolute certainty coming away from the second last,as she was thought to be a strong stayer .Apparently the stable thought going 3m is where she was going to be most comfortable ,and to be passed by Rathlin was in my opinion unforgivable.
Report Ozymandius February 22, 2013 8:52 PM GMT
Bravo Rocket, for a man that admits to knowing little about racing, you seem to have led a few of the self-confessed 'experts' a merry dance on this thread Laugh.
Report silvergreaser February 22, 2013 8:54 PM GMT
Horse probably had an itchy bum?
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 8:55 PM GMT
Thanks Ozy
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 8:57 PM GMT
Once again the self proclaimed experts of the Irish betting forum Wildmanfromborneo & Wonky have been made look rather foolish and tasted defeat thanks to a loan masked man, who is this masked man the people ask? Cool
Report wildmanfromborneo February 22, 2013 9:00 PM GMT
I too thought she had seen them all off between the last two and was going to win on the bridle but after her mistake at the last she pure stopped,it is a tough uphill finish but the ground Dushybeag and What's Happening made up on Unika would be a worry for me.
Unika ran a genuine race at Thurles ran all the way to the line but maybe she didn't appreciate being challenged as she certainly capitulated in Clonmel.
Report never give up February 22, 2013 9:51 PM GMT
wildbore looks foolish everyday as the minute it wakes up it types my name on here,done so today again on the horse forum,a sad lonely twisted old tramp
Report johnslad February 22, 2013 10:04 PM GMT
Rocketfingers
Date Joined: 20 May 10
Add contact | Send message
22 Feb 13 20:57who is this masked man the people ask? Cool

never give up
Date Joined: 12 Nov 08
Add contact | Send message
22 Feb 13 21:51
12 Nov 08ITS 1 OF UR ALTER EGO'S DONT LOOK NOW HE'S BEHIND UGrin
Report wildmanfromborneo February 22, 2013 10:14 PM GMT
This is a racing thread and nowhere is the paranoid Never Give Up mentioned on it,he just imagines he is.
Same with all the posts he creates about me where again he thinks I am talking about him but heck it's good for a laugh..
It's always good when Rocketfingers starts to refer to himself in the third person he usually calls himself the Boy Wonder but he is the Masked Man here,Never Give Up refers to himself as Batman when Rocketfingers is The Boy Wonder anyone know what he is when Rocketfingers is the Masked Man,Tonto maybe.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 22, 2013 10:29 PM GMT
Rocketfingers post of 8.57 is a beauty and brings to mind visions of the timid Rocketfingers as a debt collector.when he calls himself " a loan masked man "
That would have them coughing up in double jig time as only Never Give Up would be used to see him in a mask.
Report never give up February 22, 2013 10:32 PM GMT

Feb 22, 2013 -- 4:14PM, wildmanfromborneo wrote:

This is a racing thread and nowhere is the paranoid Never Give Up mentioned on it,he just imagines he is.Same with all the posts he creates about me where again he thinks I am talking about him but heck it's good for a laugh..It's always good when Rocketfingers starts to refer to himself in the third person he usually calls himself the Boy Wonder but he is the Masked Man here,Never Give Up refers to himself as Batman when Rocketfingers is The Boy Wonder anyone know what he is when Rocketfingers is the Masked Man,Tonto maybe.

dear god wildbore darkrosaleen,does that excite u them pet names u invented u sick lonely old tramp

Report wildmanfromborneo February 22, 2013 10:34 PM GMT
I think you will find the nicknames are all Rocketfingers.
Report never give up February 22, 2013 10:35 PM GMT
why do u need to stalk me every day?
why the minute u log on do u mention my name?
why the obsession?
Report never give up February 22, 2013 10:36 PM GMT

Feb 22, 2013 -- 4:34PM, wildmanfromborneo wrote:

I think you will find the nicknames are all Rocketfingers.

ur attention span is bad wildbore ,u said i refer myself now u say the nicknames are all rockets

Report wildmanfromborneo February 22, 2013 10:38 PM GMT
He refers to himself as the Boy Wonder and he calls you Batman but you go along with it.
I don't see any harm in it,it's not offensive but it is funny.
Report never give up February 22, 2013 10:43 PM GMT
why do u need to stalk me every day?
why the minute u log on do u mention my name?
why the obsession?
Report workrider February 22, 2013 11:06 PM GMT
again  coco fooks up another thread........sorry the HORSE OWNING ROCKETFINGERS....Why dont you tell about your horse owning days , Im sure most on here could do with a good laugh....
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 12:09 AM GMT
Wonky wants to know my private life, whats to know the horses i've owned, probably wants to know the women i've bedded next, sorry wonky there is a word limit on here. Cool
Report workrider February 23, 2013 12:24 AM GMT
for starters coco , rubber women don't count .....Laugh..I guess that takes care of that question.....Laugh..I do believe you owned a horse at one time  though....  A fooking rocking horse.....Laugh....night night coco....Laugh
Report Ozymandius February 23, 2013 8:48 AM GMT
Sort out your put downs, workrider will you.  'Coco', 'blow up doll' and 'rocking horse' weren't exactly inventive or funny the first time your rolled them out.  Relying on repeating them 20 times a day, every day, indicates a very limited imagination and intellect.

You can do better.  PM Borneo if necessary, at least he can readily come up with fresh material.
Report workrider February 23, 2013 9:26 AM GMT
Wow coco , your friend has arrived ...Prepared to defend His Boy to the last i see ....I always wondered what went on in those GROOMING ,sorry BOARDING schools....Laugh....
Report lapsy pa February 23, 2013 9:31 AM GMT
According to Ruby on The Morning Line,he had a broken nose and got it fixed on Thursday,nothing to do with the horse making a mistake but still a hard man to be riding that day.
Report huddys February 23, 2013 9:37 AM GMT
Well workrider dont forget he also had a share in a horse trained by charles byrnes,lol
Report workrider February 23, 2013 9:41 AM GMT
I'd forgotten that huddys .......The guys tells so many lies he should have been a scriptwriter .......Laugh.......you going to fairyhouse ..?
Report workrider February 23, 2013 9:44 AM GMT
Yeah pa i read that the other day in the post ..As hard as nails these guys ....Beat on another odds on shot yesterday ...Rocket never even noticed .....Cool
Report huddys February 23, 2013 9:46 AM GMT
Ye say he might of forgotten that aswellLaughno not going out great card tho,stuck in work til 1 so will go to the pub after to watch he racing,are you going out
Report workrider February 23, 2013 9:51 AM GMT
Yes a fine card for this time of year , hoping to boost the coffers for cheltenham ..were you in coleraine with my two lads on monday....?
Report huddys February 23, 2013 10:00 AM GMT
No missed the game seen them on the tv tho,looking forward to lingfield tho,best of luck today,talk soon
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 10:12 AM GMT
Take that dribble to the PM girls, no place for gossiping on the forum Cool
Report workrider February 23, 2013 10:21 AM GMT
Hey coco just because YOU'VE BEEN GROOMED NO NEED TO CALL US....GIRLS ..OZY MIGHT GET JEALOUS.....KNOW WHAT I MEAN .......Cool
Report Dan Chipowski February 23, 2013 2:12 PM GMT
Vintage Ruby on Irish Saint there.
Report kavvie February 23, 2013 2:13 PM GMT
not much "wrong" there!!
Report kingrat February 23, 2013 2:15 PM GMT
top class!
Report Arklearkle February 23, 2013 2:21 PM GMT
Just goes to show what some of the self-styled experts on jockeyship on here know. Stick to what ye know something about.
Report kingrat February 23, 2013 2:37 PM GMT
wr=mug punterWink
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 5:13 PM GMT
Booooooooooooooooooooooom classic Wonky and Wildman thread, they love to find new ways of making themselves look as stupid as possible, they're the Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy of the Irish forum. It's a shame there is already a film called dumb and dumber as it would be a great title for a documentary following these pair around, where i have no doubt getting themselves dressed is an arduous task. Saying that it would probably be too intellectually sounding of a title for both these characters.
Report Ozymandius February 23, 2013 5:18 PM GMT
Laugh
Report workrider February 23, 2013 5:37 PM GMT
Boy you're putting up very little Resistance coco ...I think you want Ozy to get ya....Laugh..i see ruby beat in the BIG race today as well.....Cool
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 7:06 PM GMT
Posting boom every time Ruby rides a winner shows that the "loan masked man " has once again failed to follow this thread.
What is even more disappointing and dispiriting is that Dan Chipowski,Kavvie and Arklearkle haven't followed it either.
Report kavvie February 23, 2013 7:28 PM GMT
i never posted boom in my time here..i just think ruby is the best nh rider i ever seen.dogged by injury all his riding life.i feel punters are an unforgiving lot.do we give our all every day where we work?..a two bit race in the middle of the week and hes less than forceful or takes it easy a bit?and ever thats open to debate..
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 7:32 PM GMT
Kavvie you are a genuine punter and I know that you don't shout boom but I never said you did,the " loan masked man " is what Rocketfingers called himself earlier on on this thread.and he's the culprit.
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 7:48 PM GMT
Will you take it back and now agree Wildman Ruby is still at the top of his game?
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 7:50 PM GMT
Read the thread again and do it slowly.
Report workrider February 23, 2013 7:55 PM GMT
Why bother wildmanfromborneo , The poor lad doesn't understand ....
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 7:56 PM GMT
Just answer the thread, do you think he is at the top of his game? Are you sheepishly trying to get out of it now?
Report workrider February 23, 2013 7:59 PM GMT
i think he'll answer you when you UNDERSTAND THE TREAD....http://community.betfair.com/irish_sports/go/thread/view/94110/2978...
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 7:59 PM GMT
Wonky clearly think he is rubbish because he doesn't win all his races Laugh

Lads i may not have a notion about horse racing but i know as much as you two Cool
Report workrider February 23, 2013 8:03 PM GMT
You told everyone you were a horse owner , Yet you know nothing about  horse racing ..Stick to the rocking horses son....theres a good lad ....
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 8:07 PM GMT
You quoted Workrider in a vain attempt to ridicule him.
     " the horse sensed Ruby's unease and fluffed it "
That line to me was a perfect synopsis of the situation but you didn't understand it,I tried to explain it to you by using examples and small words but you still failed to grasp the meaning,unsurprisingly you still don't get it.
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 8:34 PM GMT
"He doesn't win all his races there for he is useless", "he is telling the horse to fall at the last" Two quotes that will go down in history from you two Laugh
Report workrider February 23, 2013 8:40 PM GMT
Now coco , if you want me to engage with you again ,BRING UP THESE QUOTES , OR i refuse to engage with you again ....Your childishness knows no bounds .....Put up or Shut up.....
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 8:42 PM GMT
I asked you to retread the thread and do it slowly,obviously you haven't,the quotes you give are not on this thread in fact they are nowhere just figments of your childish mind.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 8:42 PM GMT
Reread.
Report GANT007 February 23, 2013 8:46 PM GMT
Wildman......Cork gave t
Report GANT007 February 23, 2013 8:47 PM GMT
cork gave tipp a fair hiding 0-26 to 1-11.
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 8:52 PM GMT
Guess who said this Laugh another classic this time from Wonky "i see ruby beat in the BIG race today as well..."

Gosh he must be a really bad jockey Workrider Laugh
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 8:53 PM GMT
Tis only the league.
Fair play though we need a resurgent Cork to add spice to the season.
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 8:54 PM GMT
"making a lot of mistakes etc" Yes Wonky again Laugh
Report GANT007 February 23, 2013 8:55 PM GMT
It's always nice to get a wake up call in pre season g
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 8:56 PM GMT
At least you are now rereading the thread hope you have noticed the quotes you falsely attributed to Workrider and myself are not there.
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 9:00 PM GMT
This beauty from Wildman "but is as you say an absolute bundle of nerves during a race" Cool
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 9:06 PM GMT
Oh dear your low attention span and inability to follow threads kicking in again.
That quote is on this thread but it is about Rich Ricci something that would be evident to all bar the " loan masked man "

Have you ever got anything right.
Report workrider February 23, 2013 9:09 PM GMT
Rocket once again shown up for the liar he truly is .....I refuse to speak to this child .....In fact i feel sorry for the guy .....bye bye little man....
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 9:12 PM GMT
He is a man child and I too feel sorry for him,he can't grasp the simplest of things.
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 9:12 PM GMT
Another beauty again from the Wildman "Ruby Walsh has had an awful lot of last hurdle falls and as he is human it is on his mind and you can see him when coming to the last being hesitant you can almost see the apprehension" Laugh

Probably too much to ask for some stats to back his ridiculous claims up Cool
Report wildmanfromborneo February 23, 2013 9:16 PM GMT
You are improving as at least that quote is correct.
Fatcatinthehat and Djakadam are two that spring to mind.
Report Rocketfingers February 23, 2013 9:28 PM GMT
I can understand how you think i'm not playing fair first Rubes wins a big race and rides another great race then i poost a "Boooooooooom" then i put my neck on the block with a big footy bets that wins so my enemies have no come back ! Laugh

Now i need to do so homework for tomorrow, don't cry too much Wonky & Wildman but you've just taking one hell of a beating down on here from the masked man Cool
Report lapsy pa February 23, 2013 9:34 PM GMT
And the "Loan Masked Man" rides off into the sunset.
Report CheltenhamRoar February 26, 2013 11:47 AM GMT
Still the best Horseman around by a million miles imo.

Keeps his best for the top meetings.
Report dj876 February 26, 2013 11:54 AM GMT
Strong statement,what about Cheltenham last year??You could argue about Boston Bob and Hurricane Fly, winning either way, but I don't think Ruby, had them in the best position, to give them every chance.

It would only be human to lose part of your bottle(or perhaps look after yourself better at smaller meetings)with all the injuries, he has had.He is now a family man and is extremely financially prudent.(tight)
Report workrider February 26, 2013 11:55 AM GMT
That's exactly it cheltenham ..Not bothered to much about the mundane midweek stuff ...
Report Rocketfingers February 26, 2013 11:57 AM GMT
Wonky still maintaining Ruby is no good, gawd almighty give it a rest Cry
Report workrider February 26, 2013 12:06 PM GMT
You imbecile , try for God sake and read the thread , The clue is in ,I BELIEVE RUBY TO BE THE BEST N.H. JOCKEY I HAVE EVER SEEN IN 40 YRS OF GOING RACING ....The clue is there somewere....
Report dj876 February 26, 2013 12:09 PM GMT
Does "not bothered too much about the mundane midweek stuff" equal losing part of your bottle??
Report Rocketfingers February 26, 2013 12:11 PM GMT
But then go to crucify him, You even knocked him for coming 2nd in a race on Saturday, 2nd and you had a pop at him, you'll have to admit you speak through your pocket? Ruby was at his brilliant best on Saturday with 2 quality rides 1 won the other didn't but just because they don't win does not mean it's a bad ride a view you firmly subscribe to.
Report workrider February 26, 2013 12:11 PM GMT
Cutting edge ..before starting to ask that question ..please read the thread from the start .....
Report Rocketfingers February 26, 2013 12:17 PM GMT
Hard for anyone to read the dribble you posted earlier and not come to the conclusion you're contantly changing your tune and Ruby proves you wrong time and time again. Laugh
Report workrider February 26, 2013 12:19 PM GMT
you REALLY are an imbecile coco , ITS about his INDIVIDUAL rides over here the past few weeks .....he fell at the last on several ODDS ON shots at the last ...THAT is the point of this thread ..i know it goes over your head , The fact i'm answering you shows me i have lost my discipline ...I refuse to get involved with this childishness of yours any more on here. You are ruining thread after thread  .....The next time me and you get in contact  will be , When eiher one of us are handing over £300 ...That bet IS ALL YOU NEED CONTACT ME ABOUT ....
Report CheltenhamRoar February 26, 2013 12:24 PM GMT
dj,i understand where your coming from,perhaps he should have won on HF and BB last season,
But you have to look at the bigger picture,And that been he's been Top jockey at the Festival for 6 of the past 9 seasons.
Report dj876 February 26, 2013 12:29 PM GMT
Fair points,Chelt...FWIW I don't think either of them would have won last year but he didn't give them the best possible chance.

As for this year,has he lost some of his nerve??He is the best horseman around, not sure at the moment, that he is he best jockey tho??
Report workrider February 26, 2013 12:30 PM GMT
Sorry if i took you up the wrong way dj876 ....off out for awhile ....
Report kingrat March 2, 2013 3:46 PM GMT
ruby! ruby! ruby!
Report elvissss March 3, 2013 3:49 PM GMT
Few more fallers today

All seems to be happening in Ireland

One of those days says Mick Fitz - More than one Mick.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com