Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deplasterer
19 Feb 13 12:05
| Topic/replies: 5,332 | Blogger: Deplasterer's blog
This is a minefield. On any given day, anyone of these can beat each other over 18 holes. Getting past the first few rounds is tough. You can look at the draw till your head starts spinning, but the key I think to trying to grab a winner here is past experience in this format and having success at either ryder cup/presidents cup level.

No better man at this malarkey than Ian Poulter. Won this a few years ago & as everyone knows his record in Ryder Cup matches is second to none. Hunter Mahan also has had success in this recently & seemed to play well last week in the Northern Trust. Keegan Bradley is annoying to watch but showed in the last Ryder Cup he is capable of beating any one on his day.

All win on here:

Ian Poulter 26's
Hunter Mahan 28's
Keegan Bradley 40's

Good Luck.

BTW, anyone doing singles on any of the individual matches should check out Powers offer for phone/internet cutomers. If your player is leading after 12 holes and fails to win you get your stake refunded up to a maximum of £100.

Trying a treble mind:

4/9 Ian Poulter to beat Stephen Gallacher
4/6 Martin Kaymer to beat George Coetzee
4/7 Rickie Fowler to beat Carl Petterson.
Pause Switch to Standard View WGC Matchplay
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 1:04 AM GMT
Watchin' too much tennis Cool
Report wildmanfromborneo February 22, 2013 1:05 AM GMT
The footballers are from all over Offaly whereas the hurlers are generally from the Birr Coolderry area,two places I know well.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 1:05 AM GMT
check out his twitter page
Report kavvie February 22, 2013 1:06 AM GMT
no football around coolderry!!
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 1:06 AM GMT
down 18 they go !
Report db1974 February 22, 2013 1:10 AM GMT
Lowry in the sand on 18 Cry
Report wildmanfromborneo February 22, 2013 1:10 AM GMT
I knew the Carrolls and they were all hurlers.
The hurling seems confined to that area of Offaly whereas the footballers are all over the county so not saying there are no footballers in Coolderry.
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 1:12 AM GMT
Very good Wildman not often you get something right. C'mon the big man
Report kavvie February 22, 2013 1:13 AM GMT
hurling is confined to a small area in south offaly.football in the rest
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 1:14 AM GMT
Take the hint ffs
Report wildmanfromborneo February 22, 2013 1:14 AM GMT
It's why I have always admired their hurlers much to the chagrin of my fellow Tipperary men,also admired their skill levels.
Report db1974 February 22, 2013 1:18 AM GMT
Tough bunker shot for Lowry here. Up and down needed for the win.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 22, 2013 1:19 AM GMT
Worth waiting up for,sensational short game.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 1:20 AM GMT
lights out
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 1:20 AM GMT
wd Shane
Report db1974 February 22, 2013 1:20 AM GMT
Great win for Lowry

Tiger as good as gone now

How is Luke Donald shorter than Poulter in the outright Crazy
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 1:21 AM GMT
WD Shane Lowry, nice to take him down a peg or two.
Report wildmanfromborneo February 22, 2013 1:22 AM GMT
Why bring in the animosity,surely you can cheer on Lowry without turning on McIlroy.
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 1:25 AM GMT
I like Rory but just thought he was getting a bit big for his boots. Just to clarify that i don't care who he plays for in the Olympics and hope he is true to himself if that is GB so be it.
Report Rocketfingers February 22, 2013 1:29 AM GMT
Sounds like there is no love lost between them either Wildman, i think Lowry and me were thinking the same way.
Report Kelly February 22, 2013 1:54 AM GMT
Worked with Kaymer , 40/1 , now he is layable at 16/1 . Mind you the strategy was helped by Tiger and Rory doing a disappearing act .  Luke also did not look his normal steady self .

Anybody could win this .
Report Kelly February 22, 2013 1:57 AM GMT
Rory and Shane are good mates , rocketfingers .  But that takes away the intimidation factor the top rated players have normally .  Good luck to Shane and Gmac , although I think they could meet soon if they both keep winning .
Report huddys February 22, 2013 8:11 AM GMT
Some shocks alright last night,going to try my luck doing a trixie Jason Day to win the bobby jones 7/2,Luke Donald to win the sam snead 3/1,Louis Oostthuizen to win the ben hogan 7/2,
Report Deplasterer February 22, 2013 8:15 AM GMT
Anybody that was up late last nite could they tell me if Fowler/Petterson hit their tee shots on 18? I am waiting on Fowler the wee bollox for a treble, 1 down 1 to goScared.

Happy enough after day 1 though, Poulter & mahan seemed comfortable, the less said about Keegan Bradley though, must be the most annoying golfer to watch on the planet, Pod not far behind though with his pre shot shenanniganns too.
Report Deplasterer February 22, 2013 9:03 AM GMT
2nd Round 2 balls:

8/13 Ian Poulter to bt Bo Van Pelt
8/13 Webb Simpson to bt Peter Hanson
4/7 Martin Kaymer to bt R Cabreara Bello.

GL.
Report db1974 February 22, 2013 10:17 AM GMT
Deplasterer, I am 99% sure that they didn't hit their tee shots. Definitely weren't shown anyway and there were very few matches out on course at that late stage. When Woods & Howell were finishing off the 17th the comms said that these were the last golf shots we would see tonight.
Report Deplasterer February 22, 2013 10:59 AM GMT
Ta DB, where theres light theres hope!Wink
Report callitasucit February 22, 2013 11:05 AM GMT
Same as db, dont think them boys hit tee shots. To be fair to Ricky, he holed a few nice putts to be still in it. Poor night for me with Charl and
Report callitasucit February 22, 2013 11:06 AM GMT
....Tiger going out. Might re load on Cabrera Bello and Noren.
Report workrider February 22, 2013 11:56 AM GMT
Charl , owes me big time callit , I'm nearly hoping he has a poor season from here on in ...Funny how you turn against someone....
Report lapsy pa February 22, 2013 12:16 PM GMT
Missed the later stages last night,judging by the posts it was good stuff,Lowry fair play to him,3 eagles on his card as well.
As usual a fair few upsets.
Did Lowry outright at 85,s outright with a view to baleing out if he beats as looking likely Petterson(the battle of the Bulge?)
Same applies with Jacobsen against Fraser.
Wd Huddys with your acca.
Report db1974 February 22, 2013 12:33 PM GMT
Lowry only had 1 eagle on his card pa, at the Par 5 13th, and even at that, McIlroy conceded the 6-footer cos the hole was already lost
Report lapsy pa February 22, 2013 12:37 PM GMT
Thanks Db you,re right,read the card wrong earlier looked at the the two 5,s of Mc ilroy and seen Lowrys 3,s underneath.
What a dope Blush
Report dinglemick February 22, 2013 3:12 PM GMT
4 matches standing out to me tonight all 8/13 shots worth accum i reckon ....Ladbrokes prices
Jason Day 8/13 to beat Russell Henley
Louis Ouestezian 8/13 to beat Robert Garrigus
Freddie Jacobson 8/13 to beat Marcus Fraser
Webb Simpson 8/13 to beat Peter Hanson
Report workrider February 22, 2013 5:33 PM GMT
backed hunter to beat sterne....
Report callitasucit February 22, 2013 5:52 PM GMT
Backed Sterne to beat Hunter......well one of us will win WR!!
Also went with, Watney, Donald, Louis, Cab Bello, Jacobson.
Report gentlemanjohn February 22, 2013 5:55 PM GMT
2 for today with the head rather than heart:
Pettersen to bt Lowry (think shane will need to play better than yesterday to win, not convinced he will) & NOREN is playing well enough to bt McDowell. Nearly 5/2 the double, won't mind if i lose but fancy won't be any irish interest left after tonight!
Report workrider February 22, 2013 6:00 PM GMT
i think hunter loves this sort of play callit , can see him going a long nicely tonight....
Report callitasucit February 22, 2013 6:16 PM GMT
Your one up early doors WR. The golf 365 leaderboard hasn't updated to 2nd rd scores yet. Much easier to read than the official one.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 6:18 PM GMT
LIVE LINK ON COMPUTER

http://www.nutjob.eu/golftv.html
Report callitasucit February 22, 2013 6:25 PM GMT
Garrigus 2 up thru 2. Be disgusted if he puts Louis out. Been following him blind this year, convinced he will have a good one. I haven't forgiven him for his very costly 9 on the par 5 a couple weeks back, so left him alone this wk.
Report frankalsoran60 February 22, 2013 6:26 PM GMT
Peter hanson is a good outsider
Report workrider February 22, 2013 6:36 PM GMT
catch me is it safe o download this link....?
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 22, 2013 6:40 PM GMT
Peter Hanson has been struggling with a back injury
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 7:01 PM GMT
http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=190390&part=sports

then click on "golf" and this gives you

http://www.nutjob.eu/golftv.html

COMPLETELY SAFE. Great FREE link (when herself is watchin Coronation Street) Tongue Out
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 7:14 PM GMT
Like you POULTER TO WIN it out, now 8/1 - wade in ! Devil
Report db1974 February 22, 2013 8:30 PM GMT
Shane flying again today, 3 up after 8 on Petterson
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 8:50 PM GMT
*your
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 9:38 PM GMT
Gee that Garigus is confident......."looking forward to the next few days" !!! 16/1 Surprised
Report db1974 February 22, 2013 9:39 PM GMT
LOL - Poulter very confident in his interview
Report Kelly February 22, 2013 9:45 PM GMT
Well done Shane , great golf .
Report huddys February 22, 2013 9:45 PM GMT
Well done Lowry,last bet for me Mahan outright,not a good day on my selections todayCry
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 22, 2013 9:46 PM GMT
Lovely to here Irish brog in Shane interview.
Report Kelly February 22, 2013 11:59 PM GMT
And well done Gmac , sets up a good match tomorrow  , and gives us one in the quarter finals .

Not sure which one it will be though , tight match .
Report Kelly February 23, 2013 11:10 AM GMT
Shane has played better golf than Gmac so far , hitting some brilliant shots .  But at this stage its survival of the fittest , particularly with play being compressed due to the snow . Unfortunately we will not be getting much TV coverage of todays encounter , the host broadcasting co are passing up early coverage  , guess we can blame Tiger and Rory  for that .

Horizon must be loving this so far , and they cant lose until the next round at least .

Worth noting that  Shane and Padraigs dads both played county football prominently , Rory's uncle ( mothers side ) did also represent Armagh . Sporting families a tradition ?
Report lapsy pa February 23, 2013 11:10 AM GMT
They all look tight matches this afternoon Kelly maybe with the exception of the Poulter match,think he ought to take care of Clark,thats reflected in his price.
Poulter/Kuchar
Poulter/Jacobson
Two dbs for me today.
Early start,think the 1st one is at 2.10.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 23, 2013 11:17 AM GMT
C'mon Poults and Kaymer Grin both have tough enough looking games today but Poulter should go through, Kaymer has a tough one against Mahan, probably not much between them
Report Kelly February 23, 2013 11:21 AM GMT
With a lot of the top seeds gone I suppose it is logical that remaining matches are generally tight odds wise  , pa .

Still sticking with Kaymer , afraid of Poulter though , he is looking handy and hitting the ball a bit further this year . Fitness might catch out Shane , its going to be a long run for home for whoever wins untimately . Think Shane would appreciate the cheque and the hike in world rankings more than Gmac , must be a big incentive that .  Fingers crossed though , the Yanks are beatable , particularly in match play .  Colsaerts has also been very good  , hopeful we will see a European win at least .
Report workrider February 23, 2013 11:29 AM GMT
I think hunter will beat kaymer ...
Report lapsy pa February 23, 2013 11:39 AM GMT
The Kaymer game is match of the round,it wouldn,t be a bad final. Thought Bubba,s putting was woeful last night.
Nice lumps going on with Kuchar,Jacobson,Lowry and added Gonzo in the outright for a 0.00 outlay,first time in the last few years i haven,t suffered in this,one big effort this afternoon please lads.
Report callitasucit February 23, 2013 11:55 AM GMT
The usual disaster in this event for meCry. Might re load on Garrigus, would be pure sick if he finally wins when i not on. Great to see Lowry still going strong. As in the first round, nothing against G Mac here, but hopefully Shane goes through. As Kelly says though, fitness may catch up with him, if he is still involved tomorrow.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan February 23, 2013 12:48 PM GMT
SHANE at 22/1.....can we dream ?
Report dinglemick February 23, 2013 1:17 PM GMT
louis let my accum down last night CryCry ......havent been following the american golf closely so far this season and if i had seen callicuts posts on Garrigus i might have left him out !!! ......

thanks for reminding me about the early start Lapsy ..... Going to be harder to pick winners from here in as you could make a case for most of them .... Hunter looks good allright workrider  but Kaymer a hard one to crack ect ect so nothing really sticking out to me .....

looking forward to Lowry and McDowell ..... Lowry played great yesterday but McDowell is just so ballsy its incredible , he was even dalkin it off the tee in the last few holes last night and still got the job done , that 2 nd shot to 18 under that pressure just sums him up .....

Great afternoon of sport ahead
Report callitasucit February 23, 2013 2:28 PM GMT
Backed Garrigus e.w at 16s. Its too early to have no involvement leftGrin
Report kavvie February 23, 2013 2:32 PM GMT
what time is shane playing at
Report lapsy pa February 23, 2013 2:36 PM GMT
2 1/2 hour delay,due to frost.
Report lapsy pa February 23, 2013 2:40 PM GMT
Maybe only a half hour as the 9.40 is eastern time,think the other zone is two hours behind that.
Report kavvie February 23, 2013 2:43 PM GMT
jaysus whats happening ?arizona..desert?frost and snow?so much for global warming?!?
Report callitasucit February 23, 2013 3:09 PM GMT
golf 365 says 45 min delay?
Report lapsy pa February 23, 2013 3:11 PM GMT
They are out,first 2 pairs A/S,Lowry out 3.19
Report workrider February 23, 2013 7:27 PM GMT
backed garrigus and day in their q/finals....
Report kavvie February 23, 2013 7:29 PM GMT
shane btn 3 and 2
Report workrider February 23, 2013 7:33 PM GMT
he was never really in it kavvie tbh....
Report kavvie February 23, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
nice pay day tho?170000k or so?wil he be playing in the masters now?
Report workrider February 23, 2013 7:41 PM GMT
LOVELY LOLLY ...Cool.
Report kavvie February 23, 2013 7:42 PM GMT
hes not depending on barry geraghty like me!!?
Report workrider February 23, 2013 7:46 PM GMT
And myself .....Laugh..Still roll on cheltenham....
Report kavvie February 23, 2013 7:57 PM GMT
yea..lets hope we get one before that ..expenses etc..
Report workrider February 23, 2013 8:23 PM GMT
I've also backed hunter in his q/final....
Report huddys February 23, 2013 10:17 PM GMT
Well done workrider
Report lapsy pa February 24, 2013 10:43 AM GMT
You have a bit of thinking to do Deplasterer with your outrights playing each other today.
Day and Kuchar in their post  round interviews were both mentally drained and seemed quite unable to think coherently after the effort of 36 holes yesterday.
Obvious double looks like Poulter/Kuchar at around 15/8,should both be close matches.
2.05 tee off for first match today.
Report workrider February 24, 2013 10:58 AM GMT
I think hunter will break Ians heart today....A real ryder cup battle in prospect ...Two very positive lads who both feel can win....A smashing game sure to be a riveting dual....
Report workrider February 24, 2013 11:24 AM GMT
Backed hunter @ 2.22...Just in case Tobywong says I'm after-timing....Laugh
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y February 24, 2013 4:39 PM GMT
Mahan 58 out of 59 putts inside 10 feet this week Sad ffs could do with him missing some
Report huddys February 24, 2013 6:04 PM GMT
Come on Mahon lets finish it off tonight,
Report workrider February 24, 2013 6:10 PM GMT
He takes no prisoners ...
Report callitasucit February 24, 2013 7:30 PM GMT
Stuck a few quid on Kuchar at 11-4 earlier, and finally collected a matchplay wager with a double Hunter and Kuch. Ive only been waiting 5 days!! Hunter gonna be hard to beat though.
Did ye read the Billy Foster interview on main golf forum?? Top notch stuff!
Report huddys February 24, 2013 11:02 PM GMT
Getting interesting now,mahon 1 down 2 holes to play
Report huddys February 24, 2013 11:15 PM GMT
Well done Callitasuit he played like a bulldog today everytime mahon got a chance he shut the door.
Report callitasucit February 24, 2013 11:47 PM GMT
Thanks Huddys, He made a couple of crucial putts on the way in. I thought Hunter got  very unlucky with the lie in the bunker on 17, but i suppose Kuch approach was deserved of being the winning shot. Still aver bad week for me!! Hoping for better luck next week, the coffers need to be filled, only 16 days to go.....
Report Deplasterer February 25, 2013 9:04 AM GMT
Most profitable week so far in the golf for me, helps the cheltenham bank thankfully but would have been healthier with a Mahan win, though the best man won to be fair.
Report workrider February 25, 2013 12:35 PM GMT
A real gusty performance from both players in those conditions , As Deplasterer said the best man won on the day ...Hunter fought like a man possessed , but Kucher was not to be denied ..I had no bet in either final but i would have done my money as i thought Ian and Hunter would both win ..Well done winners....
Report callitasucit February 25, 2013 4:02 PM GMT
Tbh i would have had a good bet on Poulter in consolation myself, but missed the start of it, by which time he was already ahead and Day had the head down, so luckily left it.
Report workrider February 25, 2013 4:45 PM GMT
Well done on backing Kucher , Like you i would have thought Ian would have won hand down ..sometimes been away from the computer can be a blessing....
Report callitasucit February 25, 2013 7:20 PM GMT
Cheers WR. Do you do much trading on the Chelt ante post markets??
Report huddys February 25, 2013 7:54 PM GMT
Well done deplasterer glad you made a nice few quid
Report workrider February 25, 2013 9:50 PM GMT
Callitasucit , Sorry I was out for awhile , The only a/p i have are ballycasey and dakali , I'm not one for having a big cut so early .. Prefare to back them on the day....Willie mullins gave me ballycasey a few weeks ago...So had a good bet on it it'll  be a good cheltenham if he wins lets put it that way....
Report callitasucit February 25, 2013 10:45 PM GMT
I have a snippet of information that would be profitable for a trade. Tbh i don't fancy it for the race itself, but will trade shorter on the day. Will message it onto you in morning. Just heading out. What price you get Ballcasey at? Willie obviously confident,or surely would have sent Pont for this, and Champagne for Neptune. I would have preferred that!!
Report padlock February 26, 2013 9:21 AM GMT
had kucher here also from the start Love
few nice prices about for the event in africa this week
Report workrider February 26, 2013 12:09 PM GMT
WELL DONE PADLOCK..
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com