Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mr phantom
08 Jan 13 20:57
| Topic/replies: 8,558 | Blogger: mr phantom's blog
We got a good thread going here last weekend for the wildcard games I thought I would get the ball rolling early for this weekend. The 2 spreads I like the most are the Ravens +9 in Denver. Their defense really impressed me last weekend and while visiting Denver a different kettle of fish I feel they can keep within the spread. I also like Seattle +2.5. They are on a real roll at the moment and despite a dodgy first quarter they dominated Washington in Washington, the injury to RG3 obviously helped but their defense snuffed them out for 3 quarters. While I respect Atlanta I think Seattle will have too much and are still a good bet at 8/1 to win the big one.

Of the other 2 games I would favor Green Bay getting a 3 point start and New England -9. The Green Bay San Fran game is a coin toss and could go either way so not a betting proposition for me. I like New England -9 but I have a sneaky feeling Houston will keep it a lot closer than a few weeks ago in the regular season. Saying that they really need to sort out their red zone offense to have any chance of keeping this close.
Pause Switch to Standard View NFL conference semi finals
Show More
Report tobywong. January 8, 2013 11:19 PM GMT
i will b punting ne just under the td , my only bet
Report Mr Mischief January 8, 2013 11:27 PM GMT
Green Bay have the look of a team who are peaking at just the right time. Rodgers had all his receivers fit for the first time last weekend and they steam-rolled Minnesota. They know what it takes at this level unlike Kaepernik and 49ers. Packers are recieving points but I'll be having a confident play on the moneyline
Report mr phantom January 8, 2013 11:47 PM GMT
I backed Green Bay last week for the SB Mr Mischief along with Seattle. I agree with what your saying but I do respect San Fran also esp at home. San Fran were within a whisker of winning the NFC last year and beat New England a few weeks ago. I am happy to just stick with my outright bet on Green Bay instead of going in next week. The Minnesota game hard to gauge as Webb was awful replacing Ponder.
Report Rocketfingers January 9, 2013 11:53 AM GMT
Going to have a look through these numbers in a few minutes see what i can come up with, i'm a big fan of the Broncos, i think the Seahawks numbers from last week will be blurred by the fact that RG3 got injured the play before iirc they took the 14-0 lead. They should have changed the QB far far earlier than they did.
Report punkha1 January 9, 2013 12:58 PM GMT
Mr Mischief im not sure you could say they stream-rolled Minnesota or even give them a lot of credit for the win.They beat a team basically playing without a QB by 14 points.Surely their defeat to the same team the week before in what was a must win for them was a lot more telling.
I think the loss of home field advantage from that defeat will come back to haunt them as i dont think they have the defense to go to SF and win.
I actually think Kaepernick might have a field day against this pack run defense and unless Rodgers has one of his flawless days(which he is capable of)then i think the 49ers might win easy.
Gonna play some of the bigger hcaps -10 & bigger.
Like the Ravens +9.5 also.Im a big Peyton Manning fan but the Broncos have had an amazingly easy schedule and though they beat Baltimore easily earlier in the season i think this could be a lot closer game than the points suggest.
Good luck all cant wait some fantastic matches to look forward to.
Report Rocketfingers January 9, 2013 6:26 PM GMT
I bet Denver-9.5, very big handicap but i like these guys a lot.
Report mr phantom January 9, 2013 7:31 PM GMT
RG3 should have been taken out earlier I agree Rocket but would it have made a difference to the final result? I don't think so, regardless of the injury the Seattle defense really stepped up after their horrible start. They are a team on a roll, with balance on offense and one of the best defenses remaining in the competition.
I like Denver too but if the same Ravens turn up as last week I think they will push them. The Ravens defense was the defense of old.
Must win game? Not necessarily punkha their play off place was guaranteed regardless. Green Bay are not home dependent in my opinion and with Clay Matthews back to full fitness you cannot dismiss their defense with him in it. They are guaranteed to score points against whoever and I wish you look with your -10 I think it will be a freaky result if that happens.
Report Rocketfingers January 9, 2013 8:28 PM GMT
It totally changed the game Mr P, they were unable to move the ball against what is a poor run defense and they stopped moving it as soon as he got injured, if he had remained fit they would have to have moved the ball better than they did. The first 2 drives were for 134 yards for the rest of the game they had only 68 yards, that speaks volumes. You could argue though if they took him out earlier say HT would the skins have won? Quite possibley no, I felt sorry for the backup rookie QB as he was under pressure to move the ball and get scores as soon as he came in. Shanahan not only put his star QB career in danger he decreased his team's chances of winning on the night, if the Skins somehow were to have held on to that lead and won the game and progress surely he had to think the likelyhood is this is RG's last game of the season anyway so i may be doing long term damage to the player and i won't have for the next match anyway. For me, just for RG3 reason and taking the guy's future into account it was as stupid as thing i've seen in a while in coach do in any sport.
Report lustrumm January 9, 2013 8:29 PM GMT
Don't fall for the Ravens +9. It looks good at first but last Sunday was a huge emotional day for them as they said goodbye to their icon. They could raise it again on Sunday but to my eyes this is a classic let down game for them. Add in going up against Peyton Manning at altitude and I smell blowout.
Report lustrumm January 9, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
It's a tough spot for Green Bay too and while I agree they are playing well I don't fancy them in San Francisco. Only 1 team left in the NFC that can beat San Francisco in San Francisco and that is Seattle
Report Rocketfingers January 9, 2013 8:45 PM GMT
Ravens only a 6 day turn around as well.
Report mr phantom January 9, 2013 10:23 PM GMT
I agree should have been taken out earlier but I still think Seattle would have won.....all about opinions. If the run defense was so poor surely Morris would have made hay after? You could be right regarding Baltimore but the interview with Lewis after the game still rings loud. The Ravens are battle hardened been there and done that, I too have being really impressed with Denver but there was something about the Ravens last week that I had not seen in a while.
Report dkelly69 January 9, 2013 10:57 PM GMT
My early tuppence worth.

I like the ravens +9.5. Getting healthy on defense. Hopefully wont cough up any stupid
fumbles like last week. probably wont win the game but i think they can keep it less
than a TD.
One bet i will look out for is yards on the Denver TE's. (Dreesen, Tamme)
Some commentators mentioned Luck didnt throw across the middle at ray lewis.
He did tackle ok last week but that drop is still on my mind!
Could have been minding himself a bit. Or was running before he caught!
Either way You can be sure Peyton will give him a workout.

GB looked good against a bad bad Minnesota. Should have got outta that +10 when
Webb threw his first meaningful pass into the dirt!
This is a hard game to call. If Justin Smith doesnt suit up I may take GB to win.
Got a half decent running game lately which will help open it up for Rodgers.
Smith is apparently ready but gona check the team news saturday.
This could also come down to a field goal at the end and both
of these kickers have been terrible, especially Crosby.
Wouldnt like my bet to be waiting on either of these!

SEA @ ATL another close game. Seattle are gona miss Clemons. they have a
replacement rookie who is supposed to be useful but ill have to check him out.
Again another tough one to call, ATL under loadsa pressure at home with the 1 seed
but i really like their pass game. Browner left receivers wide open last week only RG3 didnt spot. Can see Jones and White getting some big plays. Seattle should do well on the ground.
This could be the best game to watch this week.
so maybe the bet here is the overs. Around 45 

Finally i want all my bets to be rolling onto Tom and the boys -9.
After the 42-14 smash a month ago i said that scoreline didnt do
houston justice because Pats got a couple of weird plays/scores.
But as mentioned above their red zone offence is rancid lately.
Schaub doesnt look happy and if they cant run the ball efficiently
they havent got enough passing weapons to hurt even the
Pats terrible secondary. I dont think the score will be as wide as the last time
but i cant see houston bagging anymore than 17.
Patriots should be good for at least 30.

4 great games to look forward to.
Will post bets Saturday.

May be some typos above. Dictionary not working
Report dkelly69 January 9, 2013 10:59 PM GMT
Sorry, thats a bit of a read. Looked smaller on my crappy screen!
Report mr phantom January 9, 2013 11:39 PM GMT
Thanks dk enjoyed reading your opinions. I agree regarding Crosby he has being woeful and like you said would not like any of my bets coming down to his boot. I can't wait for that game also but like said above really hard to call. It will be interesting to see how the Atlanta receivers do get on against Seattle. For me they have to be on their A game with Ryan obviously as their defense won't win it for them.
Report lustrumm January 10, 2013 7:13 PM GMT
I guess it is all about opinion which is why NFL fans love this weekend and last weekend so much. Of all the 4 games the last bet I would have is the Patriots -9. Houston only did just enough to beat Cincinatti and probably have 1 big game in them. It probably won't be enough to win but this game will go down to the last drive imo
Report dkelly69 January 12, 2013 7:48 PM GMT
Almost action time. Anyone got stuck in yet?

Tonight im on ravens +9 and +9.5
GB to win.

Also a small multi bet going on to seattle to win
and pats -9

The more i looked at the pats, the more i want rolling
onto them. And if that goes tits up it will be chip moving
at 9pm sunday!!!

Might have a small win bet on Ravens in the first too.

GL All Grin
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle January 12, 2013 8:57 PM GMT
I am going against the grain here.

I am going for the Ravens at +9.5 and to win this match outright.

Manning is dodgy come playoffs only 1 Superbowl ring, Ravens have a tighter Defense. Looking for a huge game from Ray Rice.

Look we all know the Broncos have been incredibly hot normal season but if there is one team to upset them it's this Ravens side at this moment. Remember Joe Flacco committed a Pick 11 when inside the Broncos 5 yard line last time. THat result is hugely misleading IMO.

WHAT TIME IS IT?????

GAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE TTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMEEEEEEE

WHERE THE DOGS TONIGHT

WOOOFFF WOOOF WOOOOFF

LET GO RAY LEWIS
Report Rocketfingers January 12, 2013 8:58 PM GMT
ON Denver myself -8 up to -9.5
Report Mr Mischief January 12, 2013 9:18 PM GMT
Evening allGrin
My plays tonight,

Ravens +9.5
Ravens are pretty much full strength, Flacco has done it before when it counted. Denver are rock solid alright but I feel the line just too big

Green Bay ML
Simply put we have not seen the best of the Packers yet this season. I believe we will tonight and it will be too much for 49ers.

Best of luck gach duineCool
Report lustrumm January 12, 2013 9:27 PM GMT
Weather is horrific in Denver, Howling Wind and sweeping snow. While Denver will win in my view it is hard to back for a blowout in that weather. No play for me.
Report Rocketfingers January 12, 2013 9:29 PM GMT
I have to agree Denver wins unless they implode with turnovers that's the only way they beat the Broncos.
Report Rocketfingers January 12, 2013 9:34 PM GMT
Just bet Denver over 26.5 points
Report Mr Mischief January 12, 2013 9:49 PM GMT
Ah boy JoeLaugh
Great game already(unless you backed the under)
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle January 12, 2013 9:55 PM GMT
Cool
Report Mr Mischief January 12, 2013 9:56 PM GMT
UnrealLaugh
Report mr phantom January 12, 2013 9:58 PM GMT
Wow what a start the excitement all week has been justified so far. Just saw your posts Ruby, I think reading the thread there are a lot of us who liked the Ravens so you were not going against the grain......Is the curse of Phil Agius (RP) about to strike again? He was 0/4 on his hcp picks last week and advised 3 pts on the Broncos on the hcp tonight.
Report Mr Mischief January 12, 2013 10:08 PM GMT
Way too easy for Denver, Ravens secondary non-existent, game yet to settle down really
Report tobywong. January 12, 2013 10:40 PM GMT
manning on fire there!
Report Mr Mischief January 12, 2013 11:05 PM GMT
This game is as good as it gets
Report Rocketfingers January 12, 2013 11:05 PM GMT
The decision not to punt the ball was the utmost stupidity
Report Mr Mischief January 12, 2013 11:18 PM GMT
Not as stupid as a couple of Ravens playcalls on 3rd down. The plays they are making however happen to be huge, Flacco throwing as well as he ever has, problem for him is that so is Payton. Thought Baltimores D was finally beginning to exert more pressure on Manning as the half ended though, great game
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 12:13 AM GMT
28 each heading into the 4rth, 14 of Denvers coming from STs
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 12:15 AM GMT
Tornado warning in Sligeach, breaking news
Report Rocketfingers January 13, 2013 12:19 AM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaugh

I'll be amazed if they cover now but we'll see Grin
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 12:28 AM GMT
Long way to go Rocket
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 1:01 AM GMT
Wow,Greatest game I've ever seen I don't give a fook what anyone says
Report tobywong. January 13, 2013 1:03 AM GMT
unreal and i was on broncos -6.5 Cry
Report dkelly69 January 13, 2013 1:04 AM GMT
Wouldnt disagree there MM. Something else!
Report dkelly69 January 13, 2013 1:07 AM GMT
Thats unlucky Toby, I thought Peyton would have tried a bit
harder for that last first down!
Report tobywong. January 13, 2013 1:13 AM GMT
yup , they didnt have much faith in him in fairness.
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 1:31 AM GMT
Packers 7-0 after 2 minutes
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 1:41 AM GMT
INTERCEPTED
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 1:42 AM GMT
7-7 in SF
Report Rocketfingers January 13, 2013 1:49 AM GMT
What a game, brilliant
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 1:49 AM GMT
KICK IS GOOD, WAY TO GO BALTIMORELove
Payton just ain't a playoff qbWhoops
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle January 13, 2013 1:49 AM GMT
CoolCoolCool

Just counting the cashSilly
Report tobywong. January 13, 2013 1:50 AM GMT
great game , they deserved it
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle January 13, 2013 1:50 AM GMT
Ray Lewis is a inspiration.

**** me even If I had lost I would have been chuffed to bits.

That was the best entertainment I have ever had in Sports
Report dkelly69 January 13, 2013 1:51 AM GMT
Cracking end to a super game. Some kick at the end too!
That 7-0 start for GB isnt looking too hot now Surprised
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle January 13, 2013 1:53 AM GMT
Not sure I can watch anymore.

Even tho its a great quality game. I have to watch it tomorrow possibly
Report dkelly69 January 13, 2013 1:57 AM GMT
Well done ruby on the Straight.
I didnt have the stones to go big on the money
line! But a good start.
Your wondering if you cant watch anymore?
Im not sure if ill leave this coach until after midnight
sunday with all the sport thats still to come!!!
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle January 13, 2013 2:00 AM GMT
That was a near 4 hour Marathon with the Ravens especially with money on.

Need to enjoy my sleep and dream about what a amazing game that was.

No angle in this Packers/49ers so I leave it alone punting and watching wise. Catch highlights tomorrow
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 2:02 AM GMT
Sport at it's very zenith tonight in the Ravens/Bronco's game. Reminded me a bit of the drawn hurling final last year for unbearable tension.
Pack's gone 14-7Cool
Report dkelly69 January 13, 2013 2:05 AM GMT
Another stop here would be just great!!
Ill give this till HT at least!
Report dkelly69 January 13, 2013 2:13 AM GMT
Well i got my stop !!
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 2:13 AM GMT
ffs
Report dkelly69 January 13, 2013 2:17 AM GMT
Buck even said the punt was end over end in the air!
Should have got outta there!!
Report dkelly69 January 13, 2013 2:26 AM GMT
Christ , another turnover! Thats enough for me.
Ill get up and fast forward thru the carnage in the morning!
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 3:34 AM GMT
24-24 midway thru the 3rd in Candlestick, not a night for the faint heartedScared
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 3:36 AM GMT
Unreal TD just there from KaepernickCry
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 4:06 AM GMT
Kaepernick unstoppable tonight, he's the real deal no doubt though will face stiffer Ds than GBs
Report punkha1 January 13, 2013 4:31 AM GMT
The pack defense shown up for the joke they are.The media made a match outta this game dont believe the hype that defense couldnt stop water running uphill never mind Colin Kaepernick.
What a game the 1st match was unreal stuff.Great weekends punting so far bring on the falcons Grin
P.S. my SF -20 just got stung by a garbage time TD Cry
Report mr phantom January 13, 2013 4:29 PM GMT
What an evenings entertainment. The Ravens in the play offs are always a white bare knuckle ride. A great team to watch if sometimes a little frustrating with their predictable play calling. I for one really hope they go on and win the big one, if ever a team deserved another it is the Ravens but they will no doubt be underdogs in their next two games no matter who they play. Hats off to you punkha you called the Packers niner's right. The Green Bay defense were pathetic in the second half and never looked like doing anything significant to turn the tide back in their teams favor. The niner's did look good on both sides of the ball when it mattered. In relation to tonight's games, they will surely be max bet material if the Falcon's stop the Seahawks juggernaut later this evening. On the other hand Seattle will be a different kettle of fish.

On tonight's games I have not changed my mind. I do think the Seattle juggernaut will roll on as I think they are more than capable of measuring up to the Atlanta offense and defensively it is no contest in Seattles favor. As said before my two main fancies for the weekend were the Ravens on the hcp last night and Seattle tonight. Looking through the different markets today I also like the overs (48 pts) in New England for a small interest.

On another note Phil Agius is 0/6 on his hcp picks so far in the playoffs. That is nothing short of pathetic (just like the GB D last night). I know the guy is the editor of the RP but surely the paper could find better or maybe an alternative analyst along side him for the playoffs. Interestingly he goes for Atlanta (-2.5) and New England (-9) which hardly fills backers of either with much confidence. He also put up Denver and Washington as pre playoffs SB winners both down.

GL to all tonight, may it be another behemoth night of action.
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 6:07 PM GMT
I've gone against you here Mr p and gone for Atlanta -2.5 here. Seawhawks will be missing their best sacker Clemons, and their no 1 kicker which could be crucial. The travel they've been doing won't be doing them many favours either. With their poor playoff record Atlanta have a point to prove and have been focused on this one game more than ever all season. I think they'll get the job done tonight.
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 6:27 PM GMT
Well there's the reason Matt Ryans never won a playoff gameCry
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 7:02 PM GMT
Big stop there for Seattle limiting Atlanta to a FG. 13-0 in the 2nd, Russel needs to get something going here
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 7:07 PM GMT
Bad call to go for it there, they needed a score, any score just to settle them
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 7:13 PM GMT
Wow. That's game overLove
Report mr phantom January 13, 2013 7:14 PM GMT
Dream start for you Mr M, non show both sides of the ball so far for Seattle
Report Rocketfingers January 13, 2013 7:40 PM GMT
Betting Seattle for the 2nd half -2.5 and -5.5
Report Rocketfingers January 13, 2013 8:10 PM GMT
I still maintain if RG3 had not got injured Washington would probably be here instead, Atlanta beat only Washington and Denver, With the Skins losing RG3 and Manning self destructing throwing 3 interceptions in the first quarter.I'll be looking to take the Falcons on next week Seattle are making them look good here.
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 8:31 PM GMT
Matt Ryan is unbearably thick
Report Rocketfingers January 13, 2013 8:33 PM GMT
Game not over
Report Rocketfingers January 13, 2013 8:34 PM GMT
27-21 come back is on, c'mon Seahawks
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 8:48 PM GMT
Big stop from Atlanta D there
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 8:53 PM GMT
Big stop from Seattle D there
Report Rocketfingers January 13, 2013 8:55 PM GMT
Here we go 2 minutes left
Report Rocketfingers January 13, 2013 9:05 PM GMT
What a game what a sport
Report richters January 13, 2013 9:08 PM GMT
some finish alrite rocket......
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 9:13 PM GMT
Jesus
Report wildmanfromborneo January 13, 2013 9:16 PM GMT
That Atlanta punter wouldnt be let on the Kilkenny football team.
Report mr phantom January 13, 2013 9:17 PM GMT
What a finish despite feeling some what deflated as I had Seattle for the SB. Got the hcp bet in (just about) so thats 4 out of 4 on the main fancies over the last 2 weeks. On the other hand Phil Agius is 0/7 on his picks
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 9:18 PM GMT
Was rooting for Seahawks by the end, utterly undeserved win by Atlanta. Oh well on to the next one we go.
Report mr phantom January 13, 2013 9:20 PM GMT
On another note I will be going in double barreled on San Fran next weekend. I don't really rate this Atlanta team. As for Seattle considering their age a SB will surely be their destiny in the next few years.
Report Rocketfingers January 13, 2013 9:28 PM GMT
The 49ers are the bet of the weekend next weekend, just bet them -3 @5/6
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 9:31 PM GMT
Think this one could well be a blowout. On Patriots -9.5. Let's go Captain America and may I never bet on a mug like Matt Ryan ever againBlush
Report Rocketfingers January 13, 2013 9:33 PM GMT
I think this a coin toss i'd rather bet the over.
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 10:47 PM GMT
That's what Im talkin' about, great stuff from the Pats
Report Mr Mischief January 13, 2013 11:10 PM GMT
10 pts in the final 75 seconds of the half there for Texans, some kick that in fairness
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com