Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
wildmanfromborneo
07 Dec 12 16:34
| Topic/replies: 21,252 | Blogger: wildmanfromborneo's blog
Its been going on for years now but they have to clash now and again,they don't mind taking each other on in the top class races but they avoid in the ordinary races or run one good against one bad.
Looking at the entries for Gowran Park there are two potentially explosive clashes in the first two races,Call Me Bubbles against Hartside in the three year old maiden hurdle and Un Atout against Fickle Fortune in the maiden hurdle.I hope they all run as that would get me running to Gowran along with a fair few others.
Pause Switch to Standard View Meade Avoiding Mullins
Show More
Report wildmanfromborneo December 8, 2012 8:52 PM GMT
The sharp mind certainly isint yours,there was a long discussion with Allduckornodinner where we went through individual cases.
At some stage the two biggest stables in Ireland are going to collide with fancied horses and the betting should be frenetic but it won't because they only play when all bases are covered.Today the betting markets were spectacularly wrong in two races purely because after consultation the punters I have referred to acted and the weight of their money skewed the markets,ye can't deny that Ipsos Du Berlais drifted badly.The results of the races are kind of irrelevant although you could understand why Ipsos Du Berlais was friendless with the way he raced and they knew just like they knew in the cases of Road To Riches and Ned Buntline that in both cases the Mullins representative were not going to win.
Report wildmanfromborneo December 8, 2012 9:00 PM GMT
Rocketfingers appealing to Ozymandius as a fellow horse owner is funny,Rocketfingers horses were imaginary Ozymandius horses were owned by Pater.
Ye have some things in common
Both snobs
Neither of ye bet
Neither of ye understand horses or betting markets
Neither of ye work
Both of ye have friends in high places,Rocketfingers Swiss bankers Ozymandius Michael OLeary.
Report soldieroffortune December 8, 2012 9:06 PM GMT
Gents it's a great thread full of interesting debate. Let it not now go the way of so many other threads, degenerating and going completely off topic.
Report wildmanfromborneo December 8, 2012 9:11 PM GMT
That is fair comment but Rocketfingers Never Give Up and the man of breeding don't debate just try and settle old scores,they have no knowledge or interest in the topic.
Report Rocketfingers December 8, 2012 9:20 PM GMT
To be fair Wildman you had a chance to let it go there with SOF's comments but you choose not to. I told you before please don't bring friend or my family into this.
Report Ozymandius December 8, 2012 9:20 PM GMT
If you think your post of 21.00 constitutes 'debating' on the topic, then you have finally lost the plot!

It does just about sum you up though Laugh
Report Ozymandius December 8, 2012 9:21 PM GMT
He appears to be disgombobulating, Rocket Wink
Report wildmanfromborneo December 8, 2012 9:28 PM GMT
I thought it actually summed ye up that's why it's not part of the debate.
Allduckornodinner and dj876 don't agree with me but they debate and make fair points although dj876 gets irked betimes,their contributions are worthwhile.I have been threatened with legal action on the Cops And Robbers thread but that is because they don't like being rumbled and the same applies here.
Report soldieroffortune December 8, 2012 9:31 PM GMT
Ok Ozy listen I'll leave you to it. I've got nothing against you or anything you say on here.

wildman set up a thread full of interesting points that are worthy of debate.
Report Ozymandius December 8, 2012 9:31 PM GMT
Yep, you have them rumbled all right Cry
Report Ozymandius December 8, 2012 9:33 PM GMT
sof, it may be an interesting subject, but only a very childlike (and probably alcohol sodden) mind such as Borneo's declares 'conclusive proof' at every twist and turn when in actual fact there is nothing of the sort.
Report wildmanfromborneo December 8, 2012 9:49 PM GMT
Betting big on horses without the owners knowledge is fraught with danger.Down the years lessons have been taught including a famous one where a green and gold lesson was taught to a son.
Ye can't refute the fact they piled into Un Atout
Ye can't refute the fact they piled into Marasonnien and there was an alarming drift on Ipsos Du Berlais
Do you seriously think that the Meade punters backed either Fickle Fortune or Ipsos Du Berlais?
Report Ozymandius December 8, 2012 9:58 PM GMT
Do you seriously think that any of the above offers 'conclusive proof' of collusion?
Report never give up December 8, 2012 9:59 PM GMT
has charles byrnes been in touch yet wildbore after ur serious allegations u made against him ?
Report Ozymandius December 8, 2012 10:00 PM GMT
My final contribution on this subject for now is to re-post a story illustrating the trait of cognative dissonance

An early version of cognitive dissonance theory appeared in Leon Festinger's 1956 book, When Prophecy Fails. This book gives an account of the deepening of cult members' faith following the failure of a cult's prophecy that a UFO landing was imminent. The believers met at a pre-determined place and time, believing they alone would survive the Earth's destruction. The appointed time came and passed without incident. They faced acute cognitive dissonance: had they been the victim of a hoax? Had they donated their worldly possessions in vain? Most members chose to believe something less dissonant to resolve reality not meeting their expectations: they believed that the aliens had given earth a second chance, and the group was now empowered to spread the word that earth-spoiling must stop. The group dramatically increased their proselytism despite the failed prophecy.
Report workrider December 8, 2012 11:25 PM GMT
ozy  spoken like a true liberal , always have proof , yet you know its nearly impossible to , as you say ....prove conclusively , without been there ,  what we have though , is a first class example of the workings of a couple of people hell bent on using information for their monetary benefit ...wildmanfromborneo has simply highlighted same .....if you dont want or are unable to see this , that is not his fault....again i'll repeat my mantra ...there is none so blind as those who wont see....
Report Rocketfingers December 9, 2012 12:24 AM GMT
workrider 08 Dec 12 23:25 Joined: 29 Jun 02 | Topic/replies: 11,911 | Blogger: workrider's blog
ozy  spoken like a true liberal , always have proof

Glad you admit there is none WinkLaughCool

Now in my choice of game we call that, checkmate !
Report Ozymandius December 9, 2012 8:30 AM GMT
Conclusive proof that despite repeated claims that you have conclusive proof, you finally admit that in fact you don't.

Significant progress.
Report wildmanfromborneo December 9, 2012 9:46 AM GMT
As usual when someone states this is there final contribution it never is.
Report Rocketfingers December 9, 2012 10:06 AM GMT
Wilddman are you familiar with the rules of a named game of chess?
Report workrider December 9, 2012 10:19 AM GMT
coco now attaching himself to ozys coat tails i see ....your choice of game..snap more like....Laugh
Report never give up December 9, 2012 3:39 PM GMT
has charles byrnes been in touch yet wildbore after ur serious allegations u made against him ?
Report silvergreaser December 9, 2012 6:18 PM GMT
Never give up, if we knew the whole story of the Byrnes operation, they'd be locking him and his cohorts up with lock and key, remember that stable hand who had money to burn?
Report workrider December 12, 2012 10:20 PM GMT
i see he's no runner against willies again tomorrow....
Report dj876 December 12, 2012 10:33 PM GMT
Has the wildman been censored wr??
Report Arklearkle December 12, 2012 11:07 PM GMT
DJ it looks as if Wildman has been birdizzoed
Report workrider December 13, 2012 6:22 PM GMT
i certainly hope not dj876 , for the good of the irish forum , some on here dont like his forthright ways ..but by god this place needs him ....otherwise the lunatics will take over the asylum....
Report workrider December 15, 2012 3:41 PM GMT
once again wildmanfromborneo proved right ...no meade runner willies hoses up...
Report CheltenhamRoar December 15, 2012 3:56 PM GMT
Didn't he also say it's willies time around this time of the year?
Wildman spot on yet again.
Report workrider December 16, 2012 7:00 PM GMT
proof of the pudding again from wildman , ted has a real good one in james , willie has an even better one ...noel another no show ...the money making thread if ever there was one.....
Report Rocketfingers December 16, 2012 7:29 PM GMT
Brilliant stuff wonks any chance you could reveal these sure fire winners before the race not 5 or so later? Ffs coming on here at 7pm and posting about it.
Report Rocketfingers December 16, 2012 7:29 PM GMT
Brilliant stuff wonks any chance you could reveal these sure fire winners before the race not 5 or so later? Ffs coming on here at 7pm and posting about it.
Report workrider December 16, 2012 10:08 PM GMT
i knew you were thick coco , but this is your worst yet....read my 19..00 ..again and again and again , till it penetrates that dull thing you call your brain ..you can tell a week in advance were the winners are hidden if you look closely ....but then again its coco we're dealing with here .....Laugh
Report huddys December 17, 2012 9:32 AM GMT
Ha ha workrider,its like the bogwarrior race when he asked wildman to say that bogwarrior was a cert before the race,i asked coco on 3 different posted did he not look at the fairyhouse card and spot bogwarrior was a handicap snip,off course no reply to my question.
Report Rocketfingers December 17, 2012 11:01 AM GMT
Difficult to believe an adult could write the above ^

"its like the bogwarrior race when he asked wildman to say that bogwarrior was a cert before the race", wtf? Laugh
Report workrider December 17, 2012 2:57 PM GMT
coco difficult to believe you're an adult ffs....a 6 year old could work out  what wildman means....
Report wildmanfromborneo December 19, 2012 12:22 PM GMT
Patrick Mullins has equalled Parkinson's record and will surely pass it shortly and when that happens watch the quid pro quo kick in,Noel Meade will discover some bumper horses in his stable and Willie Mullins will lose his.
Report workrider December 19, 2012 10:57 PM GMT
another chance for coco to learn in the bumper tomorrow.....if he can that is.....
Report dj876 December 19, 2012 11:34 PM GMT
at Towcester??
Report Rocketfingers December 19, 2012 11:56 PM GMT
workrider
19 Dec 12 22:57
| Topic/replies: 12,078 | Blogger: workrider's blog
another chance for coco to learn in the bumper tomorrow.....if he can that is.....

I don't know much about racing but wonky you know less, bumper tomorrow???? Laugh

The pro punter for 3 months? Obviously may so much and just called it a day, you were on the ball man Cool
Report workrider December 21, 2012 10:38 PM GMT
another possible lesson for coco tomorrow , will he be able to read between the lines.....
Report wildmanfromborneo December 21, 2012 10:44 PM GMT
A small field for tomorrows bumper but it looks as if they will clash.
I think neither of them will win,Bally Longford looked very one paced in Downpatrick thought the same about Mullaghanoe River at Naas so I think neither side will play.Quickpick Vic ran very free at Fairyhouse but he ran well and him giving a year to the other two is a huge plus to me.
Report workrider December 21, 2012 11:07 PM GMT
will tony take on the other two do you think .....
Report wildmanfromborneo December 21, 2012 11:15 PM GMT
I am fairly sure he will, the only snag I can see is Patrick rode him last time so he knows how good he is also it was Meades horse that beat him at Fairyhouse so they too have a line,they could all end up wanting to be on him.
Report workrider December 21, 2012 11:19 PM GMT
thats why i asked , will tony be willing to share the meal....
Report wildmanfromborneo December 21, 2012 11:29 PM GMT
I don't think he will have the option,I don't think these horses are being stopped just think they are pooling their knowledge and making sure that their good ones don't clash.DJ 876 point about these horses being for sale is valid so although I don't know the owner of Quickpick Vic think he would be open to offers also Gigginstown seem to have straightened Tony Martin out.
Although I must say I couldn't understand how Union Dues cost so little when Willie Mullins bought him and despite sounding negative before the Navan run he is now being quoted as one of the favourites for the Cheltenham bumper.
Report silvergreaser December 21, 2012 11:55 PM GMT
Heh I cant find nothing on the radio, wildman don't be so apologetic, they stop horse on a whim.
Report silvergreaser December 21, 2012 11:56 PM GMT
horses
Report Catch Me ifyoucan December 22, 2012 12:17 AM GMT
workrider 19 Dec 12 22:57 another chance for coco to learn in the bumper tomorrow.....if he can that is.....

WR,

Sorry, but what was the name of Willie's one, entered in the last race (Maiden hurdle) in the DP meeting (cancelled) on Thursday 20th Devil
Report Rocketfingers December 22, 2012 6:20 AM GMT
Laugh
Report Anaglogs Daughter December 23, 2012 12:54 PM GMT
By John O'Brien
irishindependent.ie
Sunday December 23 2012

After the sad demise of Go Native, Noel Meade is hoping for a change in fortune.

NOEL Meade stood at the brow of his all-weather gallop and watched Go Native gently canter towards him, his mobile phone pressed to his ear. It was a serene Friday morning in late November. On the end of the line was Martin Cullinane, the man who had originally sold the horse, and they discussed the immediate future, happy that Go Native had one after the serious tendon injury that had laid him low for two years.

Five days earlier, Go Native had crumpled at the last when on the girth of Hurricane Fly in the Morgiana Hurdle at Punchestown without Paul Carberry having asked a definitive question. Meade brought the horse home, had him thoroughly examined and proclaimed himself as happy as he could be. His stable star was fit again and there were any number of targets to aim for. All seemed right with the world again.

It took just one agonising moment for everything to change. Meade heard disaster strike before he saw it, a grotesquely loud crack from 100 yards away that told him instantly to expect the worst. In the distance he could see Go Native's hock swinging uselessly mid-air and his regular work rider, Alan McIlroy, in shock beside him. It was one of those things, a freakish reminder of the brittleness of racehorses, that can cast a gloom over an entire yard.

There was a hideous quality to the accident, though, that even now, more than three weeks on, Meade is struggling to come to terms with. "Because Martin still has a big say in the horse, we were discussing whether we'd go to Leopardstown or Kempton over Christmas. That's what the conversation was about. Suddenly, there's no need to talk anymore. Because we don't have a horse to go anywhere. That's very hard to take."

It is 41 years since Meade sent out his first winner – after which his Tu Va stable took its name – and it is easy to assume that the regular setbacks which are part and parcel of the life might inure him to the heartbreak that follows. On the contrary, he says, you never grow accustomed to it. He thinks back to the horses he has lost and how deeply each loss affected him. None greater or lesser than any other. Just each in their own way different.

Around the turn of the century he lost Cardinal Hill to a bout of colic when he was spending the summer at JP McManus's home in Co Limerick. What hit Meade hard was the sense of blossoming potential that would never be fulfilled, the eternity of not-knowing. He thought Cardinal Hill might be the Champion Hurdler he had always yearned for. Instead the horse never lived past five.

He thinks of Iktitaf too, still on the bridle when falling at the second last in the 2005 Champion Hurdle. One day the horse had finished work when the idea of popping a few hurdles entered Meade's head and the last of them drew a fatal tendon injury.

"It haunted me for a long time afterwards," he says. "You ask yourself why did I jump him? There was no need to do it. With Go Native there was nothing. Everything was perfect. We couldn't have done anything differently."

That's the game, he thinks. You clock up the years and it doesn't get easier. You never crack the code. There's no handbook or accumulation of experience that makes it less harrowing to have to ring an owner and instead of regaling them with news of the latest sparkling workout, you begin the conversation with the last words they want to hear – "I'm afraid I've got bad news for you."

"I was talking to somebody about this recently," Meade says, "and he said you've got to be strong-minded. Because at times you can feel very down about things that happen. One day you're a king and the next you're a pauper – that's the way it is. You have to try and keep as much of a balance as you can. If you let yourself go up and down too much, you'd go mad. You just couldn't stick it."

So he contemplates where he is right now and it seems a blessing to be able to say he's nicely ticking over. To date, Meade has trained 38 winners this season and if that seems a modest total in comparison to the 101 saddled by Willie Mullins, it promises at least to be his best season for some time and a sign, perhaps, that the harshest years have passed. A renaissance of sorts.

The bad years hit Meade hard enough. But virtually every stable in the country has suffered too and there was never a time when Meade would have considered himself immune to the downturn. There was a time around the mid-point of the last decade when reaching 100 seasonal winners was the perennial target and Christmas week hailed a dizzying spell when horses were sent to all parts of the country, one or two bound for the hopeful ferry trip across the Irish Sea.

So things are quieter now. At his height, Meade supposes he was dealing with upwards of 150 horses, now he's down to maybe half that. He misses the wave of newly-minted builders and developers who crammed his Co Meath stable with good horses, of course. They invested heavily and understood racing, like property, to be a business that could go up or down depending on how fortune smiled upon you. And then they were gone, leaving the trainers to pick up the pieces as best they could.

"We all took a bit of a hit," he says, "although Willie [Mullins] was able to ride through it better than anyone else. He had a couple of very strong owners and he was able to buy very well. He had guys behind him like Rich Ricci who were recession-proof so he went into the recession on a good note. He was buying horses when nobody else could. And it helps that he's also very good at his job."

Meade might not have the ammunition to give Mullins a fight for the trainers' title right now – and doubts he will have any time soon – but he's determined to keep his nose in front of those ganging up behind him to try and snatch second. He's never lost his hunger or the anxiety the game regularly inflicts upon him when the best-laid plans go amiss. "The jigsaw doesn't always fit," he says wistfully. "A piece always seems to be missing."

Take Ned Buntline. The McManus-owned gelding looked special when running away with a Naas bumper last month but got turned over on his hurdling bow at Fairyhouse three weeks ago when Meade rated him a certainty. He'll contest the opening maiden hurdle at Leopardstown on Wednesday now, another chance to confirm his trainer's considerable faith. Again Meade will be hopeful, but you can never believe you are ahead of the game.

He sees a week of hope rather than certainty. On Friday, Monksland will likely reoppose Zaidpour and Voler La Vedette in the Christmas Hurdle and has over two lengths to find on the Mullins horse from their running at Fairyhouse. No cast-iron reason to anticipate a turn-around but Monksland is still just five and Meade expects the longer three-mile trip to elicit some improvement. Whether it will be enough, he supposes, remains to be seen.

It pleases him too to see Pandorama back to fitness again after a long period on the sidelines. Meade has no great notions about his talented nine-year-old repeating his polished victory in the 2010 Lexus Chase – "as hot a renewal has we've had in years" – but he's happy to have a horse again after Pandorama returned home lame following the 2011 Gold Cup, a day Meade still harbours regrets about.

"I didn't want to run him but my hand was forced," he says. "His owner pushed me into it. I don't mind saying that. On the morning of the race I'd decided I wasn't running him. But the owner said I want to run him. I said it would be madness. We'd be breaking him up. But he wanted to run and that was it."

Pandorama has pleased him at home on the gallops and, although turning 10 now, has only raced 13 times and, given soft conditions, Meade figures there are big races left in him yet. Only he doubts Friday will be one of them. Even at his best, he thinks, Pandorama might struggle to cope with the likes of Flemenstar and Sir Des Champs. Not to mention Tidal Bay, a possible challenger from the powerful Paul Nicholls yard.

"It's a hot race if they all turn up," he says. "I like Sir Des Champs, he just wasn't as finished a product as Flemenstar the last day at Punchestown. But if Flemenstar stays three miles with the speed he shows over two, I don't think Sir Des Champs will beat him. Over three miles two furlongs it might be different but around Leopardstown it's hard to see it changing. If Tidal Bay travels, I'd be wary of him. He ran a terrific race off top weight in the Hennessy. I'll be trying to beat them all, but that's probably wishful thinking on my part. I'll keep wishing anyway."

He flashes a smile that tells a lot about Meade and the high regard in which he is held. For years he couldn't buy a Cheltenham winner and it became the longest-running saga in Irish racing, played out annually to a soundtrack of heartbreaking near misses and crushed dreams. He nailed it finally in 2000 when Sausalito Bay beat Best Mate to land the Supreme Novices Hurdle and now he dreams of finding the key to unlock a Champion Hurdle or Gold Cup winner.

For Meade, the numbers were never the thing that mattered. Back in 2003, he saddled Harbour Pilot in the Gold Cup and remembers a colleague advising him to go the three-mile handicap route instead for which, he was assured, the horse was pitched in. Meade had no interest, though. Two years running Harbour Pilot finished third behind Best Mate in the Gold Cup and, to Meade, that was far more satisfying than winning a lesser race. Maybe it's a sign of age, he smiles. He wants better now, not necessarily more.

So he steps into the yard at daybreak every morning, looks over the young horses and his pulse always quickens. One he likes is Road To Riches, a recent winner at Cork, a big, imposing type which will improve with age and be brought along quietly. He likes Sword Of Destiny too but suspects he'll need soft ground to show his best and Cheltenham in spring isn't usually a place for soft-ground types. There'll be other targets if so.

"The thing is you can analyse things over and over in your head," he says, "and you get nowhere. You only wake up at night worrying. But then you get into the yard and out on the gallops and everything becomes clearer. It's the happiest place to be."

Over 40 years at the coalface and that much has never changed
Report one last chance December 26, 2012 5:26 PM GMT
cant believe there was no addition to this thread 2day after the 1st race at leop
Report workrider January 3, 2013 7:32 PM GMT
naas sunday ...no runner from willie , noel has one though...coco get on....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 10, 2013 12:39 PM GMT
Another day in NAAS
Report silvergreaser March 10, 2013 1:42 PM GMT
Scant evidence but another trend seems to be developing, Aidan O'Briens Shield and Egyptian Warrior ran in the same 2 bumpers and no Mullins horse turned up, today Aidan has one in the bumper and no Willie horse again?.
Report CheltenhamRoar March 10, 2013 1:46 PM GMT
Dylan Thomas gonna be a decent NH Sire Cool
Report wildmanfromborneo April 3, 2013 11:45 AM BST
Downpatrick seems the only track they run against each other in bumpers.
Bally Longford takes on Couleur France they are close together at the top of the betting but to me there is no comparison between the two,Bally Longford is useless and Couleur France is a horse of huge potential,I think they will combine on this one and punt the bejaysus out of Couleur France.

Noel Meade is in terminal decline and his stable is out of form,McManus helped him out yesterday with poor results,he needs this winner badly Willie running Bally Longford is a big help,Cordelia Belle is a danger and one outsider that might run well is Julie's Exit,she is trained by Michael OHare who won the race last year,they love returning to the scene of the crime.

Couleur France is the bet for me,placed in a Roscommon and Naas bumper and now in Downpatrick,different class.
Report keen leader April 3, 2013 12:23 PM BST
if i got a choice of one horse to own for the future out of this unappealing bumper, who might cover its training costs, then believe it or not wildman, it is a horse that you have not mentioned. it is a market mover and with some justification, it should finished a furlong ahead of barney horse.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 3, 2013 1:10 PM BST
Interesting comments,I presume the horse is Carrig Rua Lady she won her point to point at Pigeons which is to me an inferior class of point to point but the main reason I drew a line through her was her Fairyhouse run.That race was run on the inside track Champagne Native was beaten favourite yet again but was still second it was as bad a race as I have seen and Carrig Rua Lady was a mile behind.

She is by Old Vic which is good for a broodmare but her dam was by Brush Aside which to me is bad.
Report keen leader April 3, 2013 1:17 PM BST
wrong again
Report tony57 April 3, 2013 1:22 PM BST
has to be the hamilton horse kl?
Report wildmanfromborneo April 3, 2013 1:28 PM BST
Jings,glad there is no betting on this.

It's now got intriguing Aztec Chief is out of Wigwam Mam which makes him interesting but his first run is so bad but at least it was his first run,Fair Ethel a Beneficial mare which bearing in mind recent events gives her some value but again a dreadful first run,Southsea Island with three Fs and two Ps is hardly the one.

You will have to tell me but I am going for Aztec Chief because of his breeding.

Still think Couleur France will win handy.
Report tony57 April 3, 2013 1:29 PM BST
yes put us out of our misery please kl?Laugh
Report keen leader April 3, 2013 1:30 PM BST
obviously because the rookie kid who failed to do a proper spotlight on the racing post, most are conned by his ignorance. do you own form homework, dont depend on his half arsed effort.
Report keen leader April 3, 2013 1:33 PM BST
you are obviously too lazy to check out that the figures you refer to are totally misleading WM
Report wildmanfromborneo April 3, 2013 1:37 PM BST
I don't know about lazy certainly wrong.

I went through the card and did the racecourse form,it would be near impossible for me to do the point to point form as well,it is only a hobby for me and despite the way it may look I work.
Report Bigwillystyle April 3, 2013 1:41 PM BST
Presume its the Heron Island gelding
Report keen leader April 3, 2013 1:41 PM BST
i know its a hobby, the rare value these days, is in the fine detail, in such a poor race, anything beneath the surface is worth a look.
Report Bigwillystyle April 3, 2013 1:42 PM BST
Saw it a few runs back at point to point.  Free going sort.  Last run probably put it right.  Bally Longford is useless as has been said before.
Report keen leader April 3, 2013 1:47 PM BST
yes, correct bws, would have made briar hill earn his corn first time, looked likely to win when falling next 2 starts, then a broken rein and pulled up after a few fences, a meaningless run. owners were looking for over 50k recently, the rest of this field you could buy for that as a job lot and expect plenty of change.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 3, 2013 1:52 PM BST
Well at least he shouldn't fall,don't like the venues he ran in and I don't like the sire.

The Oldtown run could be interesting as Fairy Island was second that day,could you tell us what happened in that race.
Report tony57 April 3, 2013 1:52 PM BST
25/1 into 10/1...
Report wildmanfromborneo April 3, 2013 1:55 PM BST
Couleur France could be decent and being a Flemensfirth with potential is surely worth a few bob.
Report Rocketfingers April 3, 2013 2:15 PM BST
I find some of wildman comments towards Keen leader borderline disrespectful, if someone is better than you at something simply listen to their advice and be grateful for it !
Report wildmanfromborneo April 3, 2013 2:30 PM BST
Where do you see this disrespect,we had a good discussion and a bit of a laugh.

Advice is welcome but that's all it is and you are entitled to reject advice without insulting the giver,I reviewed the race got some interesting comments from Keen Leader and Bigwillystyle I have taken them on board but I am still backing Couleur  France as I think he is in a different league to these.His first run at Roscommon was excellent he was beaten by Bonisland and Thunder And Roses( one of Keen Leaders selections ) with a long way back to the fourth,his next run at Naas he came up against a horse I tipped up here,Quickpick Vic,he got an uncontested lead at Naas and was beautifully ridden by Robbie McNamara so although Couleur France was slightly disappointing it was a Naas bumper,we are now in Downpatrick.

The race isint on til 6.35 maybe you would give us your views.
Report Rocketfingers April 3, 2013 2:45 PM BST
I would be of the opinion as KL Wildman in regards to this race, i'm also going to bet King of Ardcarne each way at 14's
Report wildmanfromborneo April 3, 2013 2:48 PM BST
Twin Plan is well in ( read handicapper thread) and will win hope your lad is placed.
Report Bigwillystyle April 3, 2013 3:08 PM BST
Stubby he needs soft ground.  Dont be listening to the pub talk down in Roscommon/Sligo.  Horse is too consistent for his own good.  Not getting dropped enough in the weights and has had plenty of problems in the past.
Report by purpose April 3, 2013 5:22 PM BST
The way Meades animals are running he will be avoiding Rothwells soon.
Report jimeen April 3, 2013 5:51 PM BST
I agree with the wildmanfromborneo in his assessment of the race and keen leaders dismissive attitude of others is getting a bit grating to be honest. I think that he should remember that its not just his opinion that matters. He refers to a half arsed effort by the guy in the post,well that may be the case,but its not remotely as ill informed as keen leaders assesment of Wilsons horse's runs. He speaks of making briar hill earn his corn first time,in reality it fell at the 6th which is 9 from home. It looked likely to win when falling in its next 2 starts he says,the reality is he fell at the third last when about to drop dead after running too free in one of those races,the other he fell at the last when well stuffed by On the Shannon who is no good himself. A broken rein is correct and its last run ,it sidestepped the last when it would have finished a bad 5th in a maiden. As for the 50k offer,who is he trying to cod,this horse isnt worth a carrott. Coluer France while he is no flying machine,will have more than enough for this bad pointer of Wilsons,as will a few others in the race.
Report Rocketfingers April 3, 2013 5:57 PM BST
jimeen that's an excellent post, wildman take note that is how you counter an argument.
Report tobywong. April 3, 2013 6:27 PM BST
who rides instead of nina?
Report jimeen April 3, 2013 6:30 PM BST
Niall Kelly claiming 7lb
Report tobywong. April 3, 2013 6:34 PM BST
ta jimeen
Report Rocketfingers April 3, 2013 6:36 PM BST
Southsea Island drofting like a barge
Report Rocketfingers April 3, 2013 6:42 PM BST
A bad yoke, 50k no chance
Report jimeen April 3, 2013 6:45 PM BST
The 50k bid is a figment of a fairly wild imagination,its a bit like his part in the sale of Golantilla.
Report by purpose April 3, 2013 6:48 PM BST
Point to point men always have a great story to tell....
Report Rocketfingers April 3, 2013 7:22 PM BST
Seriously would that thing even be worth 5k? A bit too sharp with the Wildman was Keen Leader too. Betting is a game of opinions and you have to respect others, i have to admit Wildman's opinions on the GG's is not bad or at least as bad as most on here.
Report JayTrumpOldTomDubbl April 3, 2013 7:49 PM BST
Well that was probably a poor bumper in Norn Iron, and sher most of them are poor in that wee corner. Lovely track though, if somewhat narrow.

I think its very unfair for Keen Leader to call wildman 'lazy', when in fact wildman gives the impression that he is anything but 'lazy'. In fact he does loads of good things on this forum. He puts up some interesting 'Quizzes" for all to get involved, and he also keeps 'tabs on our few stray 'sheep'.

I agree with jimeen's good honest posts, especiaaly at 17.51,when he's right on the button. To go back to the  Golantilla sale, I think KL got carried away with himself there because my information, and I am not close to the issue, but my information is that,(and anyone one close to the sale would be well aware of this) the Revenue got a chunk of Golantilla, (big chunk). In any event keen leader needs to be a little more modest, and should realise that one cant live on past glories. While KL has a decent record on here, he's losing the 'halo', and his failure to spot 'Loreen' and her huge hit Euphoria in last years Eurovision should leave a bad taste in his mouth. I'm sure wildman is very well aware that the only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Report dj876 April 3, 2013 8:00 PM BST
It's 28 days and 32 runners since Noel Meade had a winner.
Report Rocketfingers April 3, 2013 8:30 PM BST
I have to agree there are plenty of nouns i would use for Wildman and lazy is not one of them, fgs he drove down to Limerick last night just for a quick date !
Report silvergreaser April 3, 2013 8:30 PM BST
and Willie Mullins had awful lot of losers too?
Report wildmanfromborneo April 3, 2013 8:51 PM BST
Keen Leader was correct in what he said because when I went through the race I drew a line through Southsea Island because of the form figures,we then had a light hearted exchange with me trying and failing to name the horse,I then looked at it again and stated I neither liked his sire or the venues of his point to points

That was about the only thing I got right in the race,I backed Couleur France all over the place ( I remember dj876 warning me about Meades poor form the last time the beast ran but pressed on ) had a decent treble going on to it via Paddy O Dee and Twin Plan but not content with that I laid Bally Longford and did it the wrong way by ringing in,they always exaggerate the prices to get a sale and I always fall for it.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 3, 2013 9:08 PM BST
I am jumping up and down here with anger,after laying Bally Longford vowed no more laying,I heard Joseph OBrien earlier saying he was afraid Marchese Marconi would fall apart,he is a four year old in the mothers colours when I saw him trading at 1.21 I was tempted but kept my bloody vow.

It can be the cruellest of games
Report workrider April 3, 2013 9:40 PM BST
The words of silvergreaser spring to mind after watching the running of infanta branca , This went for a walk in the market and finished as if it was not exactly fit , in last place to be exact ....I for one wish they would inquire into the running of the odd runner from this yard.....
Report silvergreaser April 3, 2013 10:26 PM BST
The only reason the Mullins family didn't screw ther own mother is because Irish racing was awash with apologists that usually masquerade as suckers, why screw your own mother when racing has innocents packaged in bundles ripe for slaughter, and yet the sun shines out of Willies perfumed behind?
Report pa lapsy April 3, 2013 11:52 PM BST
Thought on the first day of the flat after a couple of races AOB,s looked as if they needed the run and Francis of Assisi then hosed in,not sure now maybe they do or at least a fair percentages do.
Anyway dodgy times for backers,good ground at Downpatrick today,when was the last time that was seen?,think for the short term you can nearly forget the "form" for the last 6 months.
Report silvergreaser April 4, 2013 3:18 PM BST
Remarkable powers of recovery there from Thousand Stars?, just in case you missed his last run, beaten 40L's last of 6 at Navan behind grand national pretender who just so happened to be a stablemate? at odds of 1/2, narrowly beaten in third today in the very competitive Grade one Aintree hurdle, move on nothing to see here their not machines you know?.
Report GANT007 April 4, 2013 3:22 PM BST
And if Ruby was on The New One he won have won that race.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com