Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
newco-Joe67
04 Dec 12 17:24
| Topic/replies: 18,108 | Blogger: newco-Joe67's blog
I guess it was just a matter of time.
Pause Switch to Standard View Union Jack removed from Belfast...
Show More
Report newco-Joe67 December 8, 2012 11:40 AM GMT
So you are now trying to justify ,as a Unionist, the recent attempts to intimidate and overturn equality process by mob rule, by using yet another non bomb incident. Is the poor Unionist community only fighting for their poor discriminated community because bad men had items that could be used to blow police up.
  Amazing how there has never been a so called ' dissident' bomb explosion that killed anybody in over 14 years yet so many discoveries have been made yet with little follow up actual criminal convictions. These excuses for mob rule just don't exist anymore. Perhaps try to find the excuses pre provo days for mob rule would be the next plan of subtle justification rather than admittance that there just isn't and never had been any justification for the inequalities of mob rule over last 100 years. These ' dissidents' would not even exist if the mob rule justification mentality had never existed. Neither would little Ira and her spray can be writing her name everywhere without her parents knowledge.
   All these things are meant to be history and will be if only so called Unionists would accept true equality of the native Irish instead of trying to convince themselves and others they are still the better and only people that matter in the 6 counties. Mr Mcrea of the Unionist party yesterday said he supported the flag compromise as a vital part of the equality peace process only to hear 3 of his colleagues say they will resign from party if he is not sacked by Mike Nesbitt. What kind of leadership is this for Unionists ? It does suggest there is growing sense and genuine good will  among the Unionist population. It would be nice if the normal Unionist came out in support of him.
Report insideinfo December 8, 2012 12:18 PM GMT
Sorry i must have missed something or else you are having difficulty reading my post..What exactly am i trying to justify??? And you also missed my question on why you are no longer posting as zipifried??? banned perhaps? or was it just because everyone realised you were a fruit loop!
Report Cupwinkcook December 8, 2012 12:44 PM GMT
Never seen the appeal in these types of multiple bets.
Report newco-Joe67 December 8, 2012 12:46 PM GMT

Dec 8, 2012 -- 6:18AM, insideinfo wrote:

Sorry i must have missed something or else you are having difficulty reading my post..What exactly am i trying to justify??? And you also missed my question on why you are no longer posting as zipifried??? banned perhaps? or was it just because everyone realised you were a fruit loop!

You miss a lot. Resorting to name calling now sounds about right for your level.

Report insideinfo December 8, 2012 1:08 PM GMT
If thats the only retort you can mangage then i truly feel sorry for you.How about you try to address the questions in my post which once again you have avioded.
Report freddiek December 8, 2012 1:19 PM GMT
a progressive uup man who accepted the compromise now faces being forced out of his party by the old brigade
Report newco-Joe67 December 8, 2012 2:33 PM GMT

Unionists now gathered in thousands outside city hall with their flag of Britain, normal people wanting to shop for Christmas unable to do so. Tourists turning away and on first bus out of NI and away from the loonies and their uneducated grasp of morality and equality.
Report Newmanix December 11, 2012 11:28 AM GMT
when I turn on the news and I hear the words "no surrender" followed by cheers, that says to me that the dark days of old will return.  it was not the nationalists who decided to take the flag down.  the people of NI for once had tourist pounds in the last couple of years, but they care more about bickering about flags and marching than rebuilding a fooked up country.
Report Kelly December 11, 2012 12:23 PM GMT
One of the most significant images of the weekend was the ( masked ) group of youths with a huge banner proclaiming  " Ulster is British --no surrender " .

Banners like this show up the lack of education prevalent in Northern Ireland in certain circles . So Cavan , Monaghan , and Donegal are British  ?  One can only assume that those who spent time and money on preparing such a statement are pretty thick . The no surrender is also a load of rubbish based on a slogan coined 100 years ago before the current set of realities occurred .

The images which flashed around the world DO affect things like tourism , and Hilary's report back to USA will make interesting reading , as her " female mate " Naomi was the one in the eye of the storm .  Have a punt on Naomi retaining her seat .

Basil McCrae will also prosper , realism eventually does bear fruit , even if its not fashionable at the time .  Friend of ours took a particular stance publicly some years ago here , ostracised by his then party  , nearly thrown out  , but time has proved him right . 100% .
Report Newmanix December 11, 2012 1:39 PM GMT
A well known fact is that groups of Nationalist youths often portray themselves as disruptive Unionists, causing havoc.  I would have thought the queen shaking hands with McGuinness would have upset the Unionists more tbh.  It is sad what happens up north, as the whole world is watching, and as a small island depending on tourists, this is a big step backwards.
Report Newmanix December 11, 2012 1:46 PM GMT
The golfers from the North have done a lot for tourism in N.Ireland, and it really needs tourism to progress.  Invest Northern Ireland must be pulling their hair out at this debacle.  Why didnt they just leave the flag there?  Didnt they realise how sensitive it is there?  What is wrong with peace?
Report Kelly December 11, 2012 2:12 PM GMT
Northern Ireland needs a flag which is acceptable to both sides of any  acknowledged divide . Hard to get though this side of any timeframe I can come up with .

Daily as I drive through Belfast and district there are flags out , all year , marking territory . Nationalists living in protestant / hard line unionist territory have to walk past them all year , a constant reminder of someones foot on your neck for 80 years , you can put up with it for the months marching madness around July / August  , but 24/7 it grates . Most of them are not Union flags  , but the Union flag is the flag bearer so to speak . Nationalist symbols tend to be less visible  , but must annoy some unionists and that has to be taken on board too .

Nobody in Northern Ireland to my knowledge has ever been prosecuted under the "Flags and emblems act" which is one of the problems , the politicians and law enforcers can only pay lip service to accomodating one side or another ( at the expense of the other).  Fact is 2 tribes have been institutionalised by politics , history , tradition , and the only people who REALLY care all live here , but they have not got the sovereign right to sort it out among themselves , there are 2 other players in the game , essentially outside agencies seeing as how the south has given up their claim . And there are John Bulls out there and parties espousing comely maidens dancing at the crossroads  in the mix , plus churches and evangelical thoughts ( good to know that the one indusputable fact is that this problem did not exist in 4001 B C .)  with influence . Prisoners of history I have called us  , but we are not alone in the world in that regard , most of the places where there is "trouble"  in the world as it is called euphemistically have a track record where land expansionism , religion , traditon and history have all had input .
Report Kelly December 11, 2012 2:17 PM GMT
Invest NI chief executive not pulling his hair out though , Newmanix , did rather well finacially in the annual review . But I suggest his contract if properly written may enforce a reduction next year when all the chickens come home to roost .  But I bet you it wont via clauses etc .
Report newco-Joe67 December 15, 2012 2:51 PM GMT
A few hundred peace protesters linked arms all around City hall this morning... 12th night of Uneducated Loyalist riots on the way already. Led by UVF after his think tank with UUP and DUP on Thursday. Wouldn't be a surprise if they murdered somebody tonight.
Report insideinfo December 15, 2012 7:38 PM GMT
Hey newco-joe/zipifried! I was surprised that you didnt put a thread up about Celtic player Stokes disgracing the club by attending a memorial evening for a murdered Republican terrorist.You seen very keen to highlight any bad news involving the Protestant section of the community.Can we have your views on this disgraceful incident pleease?
Report newco-Joe67 December 15, 2012 8:14 PM GMT
You seem very confused Insideifo, this thread and posts was never meant to attack the protestant community. 'Loyalists' are not children of any god and i doubt any of them have any understanding of Christian teachings. Their history and fascist actions past and present will prove that every time. You seem to be one of these ' poor me i am a discriminated protestant' brigade that have risen from the Unionist propaganda package of ignorance.
   As for Stokes , what has he got to do with anything? A footballer going to a friends funeral. He has every right to do that no matter who the friend is or was. Trying to compare both is the type of ignorance these Loyalist type thrive upon. It doesn't seem to matter what the truth is at all to people intent on hating anything Irish. The fact is this so called community is now unwanted and seen for all it ever was by the normal Protestant people. I suggest you follow suit for the sake of your soul.
Report newco-Joe67 December 16, 2012 11:54 AM GMT
3000 Peace protesters outside City hall this morning. Much more than the silly rioters. A significant day in the peace process as Mob rule has not prevailed for first time in NI history. The democratic and right way towards equality is finally winning. Rioters arrested and Unionist politicians shown for the bigots they are to any fair thinking onlooker. Not longbefore the outdated flag is removed further and a new flag for all is raised.
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 12:11 PM GMT
Perhaps this flag would keep the scum bags on both sides happy?

http://www.google.pt/imgres?imgurl=http://img.izismile.com/img/img3/20100907/640/worlds_weird_and_640_03.jpg&imgrefurl=http://izismile.com/2010/09/07/worlds_weird_and_funny_flags_25_pics.html&h=365&w=640&sz=13&tbnid=HzXPSrK98laRlM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=158&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfunny%2Bflags%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=funny+flags&usg=__KxjQi_2FlOUKWbWjrKi3NOd4-Sc=&docid=ZNstDE_lx3fARM&hl=pt-PT&sa=X&ei=9bnNUJ6HOoOZhQemgoHIBg&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQ9QEwAQ&dur=1189
Report newco-Joe67 December 16, 2012 12:31 PM GMT
i don't think there is enough people from Benin to have that flag Ozy
Report richters December 16, 2012 12:53 PM GMT
ozmund sir could i remind you  that there are more scumbags circulating the streets of your glorious 26 counties than those you discuss ever so often from the 6.......and with no political or religious allegiances may i add........
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 1:17 PM GMT
Correct richters, we have our won share no doubt, as does everywhere, the difference being ours tend not to hide behind the convenient cloak of political or religious allegiances.
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 1:17 PM GMT
* our own share
Report newco-Joe67 December 16, 2012 1:34 PM GMT
We have already ascertained your lack of empathy on political matters in the North. Without this function of human emotion you will continue to have very little satisfaction in this life. Our attempts to help you forward are of greater genuineness than your total time on earth attempting to blacken anything resembling equality in Political and economical matters.
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 1:36 PM GMT
Yes quite, Joes, all those terrorists should still be behind bars imo.  Tony Blair was a remarkable man to release them.
Report newco-Joe67 December 16, 2012 1:42 PM GMT
The same Tony Blair that instigated through lies a war in Iraq that cost 151,000 civilian lives. One of the biggest terrorist in history no less. It makes sense you look up to this man. You truly have a rotten sole full of hate and anger.
Report richters December 16, 2012 1:42 PM GMT
ozy the truth being if these people who you tar as terrorists were still behind bars,there still would be a conflict in this part of the island....FACT.....
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 1:43 PM GMT
Laugh

Surely you mean soul?
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 1:44 PM GMT
Exactly richters, which is why I was commending Tony Blair for his remarkable bravery and foresight.  Not afraid to take on the tyrant, Saddam Hussein either.
Report newco-Joe67 December 16, 2012 1:44 PM GMT
You probably have rotten soles too, i doubt there is a Mrs Ozy with the tiny penis syndrome you show lots of signs of.
Report newco-Joe67 December 16, 2012 1:45 PM GMT
151,00 innocent lives lost... does that not mean anything to you
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 1:46 PM GMT
ah, the old 'my willy is bigger than your willy' line.  A sure sign of an inferior intellect!
Report freddiek December 16, 2012 1:49 PM GMT
Cambridge going on about his superior intellect again!
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 1:50 PM GMT
Joe, how many did Saddam kill and why are no 'peace and love' hippies bleating on about this?

According to The New York Times, "he [Saddam] murdered as many as a million of his people, many with poison gas. He tortured, maimed and imprisoned countless more. His unprovoked invasion of Iran is estimated to have left another million people dead. His seizure of Kuwait threw the Middle East into crisis. More insidious, arguably, was the psychological damage he inflicted on his own land. Hussein created a nation of informants — friends on friends, circles within circles — making an entire population complicit in his rule".[9] Others have estimated 800,000 deaths caused by Saddam not counting the Iran-Iraq war.[10] Estimates as to the number of Iraqis executed by Saddam's regime vary from 300-500,000[11] to over 600,000,[12] estimates as to the number of Kurds he massacred vary from 70,000 to 300,000,[13] and estimates as to the number killed in the put-down of the 1991 rebellion vary from 60,000[14] to 200,000.[12] Estimates for the number of dead in the Iran-Iraq war range upwards from 300,000.
Report lapsy pa December 16, 2012 1:52 PM GMT
Joe is running rings around you Ozy,"not afraid to take on the tyrant Saddam",on what grounds? Weapons of mass destruction, sounds scary doesn't it. There weren't any.
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 1:53 PM GMT
geez, all the staunch Republicans are coming out of the woodwork today!
Report freddiek December 16, 2012 1:54 PM GMT
not a popular opinion, as Blair is loathed in britain
Report newco-Joe67 December 16, 2012 1:54 PM GMT
Ah so you are saying these innocent people were unfortunate  collateral damage of the bigger picture in a war. Funny how you don't equate the same principles on the Northern Irish war that helped save many thousands of lives at the hands of the proven murderers and liers of the British army. Great intellect you have there .
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 2:02 PM GMT
Pa, Saddam saved his bacon in the first Kuwait war by signing a contract to allow free and unfettered inspections of his weapons facilities.

He repeatedly flaunted this commitment.  A line had to be drawn on the sand and thankfully we had leaders prepared to enforce it.

So we had a tyrant, who previously had WMD, had previously used them  (on his own people) and who, despite having contractually agreed to them, was refusing to allow weapons inspections.  Fairly obvious to confidently assume he had WMD.  And even if ultimately he actually didn't (and he could have simply saved himself and his people by simply allowing the inspections he had agreed to) the risk was too great to take.  The decision to take him out was correct imo.

Oh and of course we really don't need a crazy tyrant controlling that much oil supply, the world economy is precarious enough as it is.
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 2:04 PM GMT
Joe, I am commending Blair's decision to free murderes, criminals and terrorists in NI in the pursuit of peace.  Remarkable bra
avery and foresight imo.  I don't know how the victims families tolerated these thugs being freed, fair play to them.
Report newco-Joe67 December 16, 2012 2:10 PM GMT
and how do you think the victims families of British terrorism feel in NI and Iraq. Did the British soldier cover up in Derry and Ballymurphy, for example, have WMD and control masses of oil ? 40 years of blackening their names and every other Nationalist/Republican in NI. Did these British army terrorist ever see a prison cell ? Had Tony Blair ever seen one?
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 2:12 PM GMT
Stop bleating and start living Joe.  You see the British bogey man around every corner, he isn't responsible for the failings in your life that have left you profoundly unhappy.
Report lapsy pa December 16, 2012 2:17 PM GMT
If you think it was morally right for so many peoples deaths in the pursuit of oil thats your perogative Ozy,no need in originally dressing it up as if he was doing the Kurds etc a favour.
Report newco-Joe67 December 16, 2012 2:17 PM GMT
That is no argument Ozy, just insulting by wishful assumptions. People are trying to live in the North and elsewhere in peace and happiness, something they were never going to get under oppression in all its forms. It is every mans right to fight for this freedom against people like you who hold bigoted mindsets and unrealistic arguments to prop them up.
Report freddiek December 16, 2012 2:21 PM GMT
you will always get lackeys like cambridge who are prepared to defend discredited, imperialist wars
Report Kelly December 16, 2012 2:55 PM GMT
The biggest mass murderer in modern history was our "ally" in the second word war and a vital part of the war effort involved in defeating the fascists . Then Joseph became the enemy . Saddam was the same .

Politics is often a game not played by any rules and  involves unscrupulous behaviour betimes . Debates about that would not allow any of us time to look after more pressing matters like the 2.55 at Navan .
Report newco-Joe67 December 16, 2012 3:05 PM GMT
SOLE WITNESS at the price of 32 won the 2.55 at Navan. I think the heavens have spoken to those who understand
Report Ozymandius December 16, 2012 3:07 PM GMT
LaughCool
Report newco-Joe67 December 16, 2012 3:09 PM GMT
SOLE32 The next chapter has started
Report Kelly December 17, 2012 12:51 AM GMT
Speaking of fascists , wonder how Hitler would have reacted to the flag coming down ? That might have been his downfall !
Report never give up December 17, 2012 2:41 AM GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqvGIhWu1aE
Report pa lapsy January 4, 2013 4:09 PM GMT
As part of the on going protests union activist willie frazer plans on marching to Leinster house tomorrow week.
To be honest I don,t know how they can help the man out there.
Report Deplasterer January 4, 2013 4:19 PM GMT
Maybe they can fly Willie from Leinster House for a week rather than the tri colour.Tongue Out
Report newco-Joe67 January 4, 2013 4:31 PM GMT
Victims campaigner Willie Frazer said that protesters are offended by the tri-color flag and want it removed from the Houses of the Oireachtas at Leinster House.

Make no mistake this is the height of intelligence these people hold. Absolutely no grasp of reality. It is the same neanderthal mentality the Unionist politicians have always had. It is about time the Irish army invaded these areas and regained control of public order so that all the good work is not ruined for decades to come.
Report newco-Joe67 January 11, 2013 10:54 AM GMT
Willie and his band of morons chickened out of the Dublin march after Miriam called him a dinosaur last week. They said they will 'respect the Gardai wishes' yet they won't respect the PSNI wishes..they were only trying to get their capitols government to listen to their minority immmigrant group campaign they have.

Instead the biggest trouble yet is to come today in a 6 county wide campaign of intimidation and protest against an equal society democracy... will be interesting to see how the 'Democrats' react to this one or when somebody loses a life because of it. Let's hope it isn't 3 innocent young brothers this time.
Report no-won-sun January 12, 2013 7:10 PM GMT
Watching 6pm news RTE1 and I get a feeling that it's only a matter of time before the IRA are going to be held responsible for the Union flag trouble in Belfast. RTE are only waiting to blame them and I cannot for the life of me see how they have stayed out of the frame so far on this.
Report Vubiant January 12, 2013 7:36 PM GMT
Nah , can't see how anyone would connect the cuddly bunnies of the IRA with two-bit street riots.
The IRA are premier league types who operate on the grand scale - murder , maiming , genocide.
On the other hand someone mentioned 'neanderthals' ? Now that particular cap/beret  would fit the IRA just fine I reckon.
Report silvergreaser January 12, 2013 7:39 PM GMT
neanderthals are ten a penny on both sides, but does that Frazer guy need to be euthanised?, and I don't care if he hasn't got a terminal illness he's terminally ill in the head.
Report richters January 12, 2013 7:57 PM GMT
vubiant seething because the IRA havent got involved in this latest dummy spitting exercise by the loyalist bigots,but the west brit bigots in the 26 still can spit out their dummies as we can see on here.......
Report 1.01's no fun January 12, 2013 8:29 PM GMT
Rioting night after night by ultra loyal British subjects(controlled by the UVF) is seen by the real British as:

The IRISH RIOTS.....

http://community.betfair.com/go/forum/popupExtra?output_method=iframe

Laugh
Report pa lapsy January 12, 2013 11:50 PM GMT
Very convenient to blame anyone but yourselves Vubiant,sad but true the union jack wavers are wrecking the north of Ireland.
Report newco-Joe67 January 13, 2013 10:26 AM GMT
Neanderthals are those who still can't process why the IRA came into existence in the large scale in the first place. Ordainary Irish people protesting for their civil rights to equal standard housing and jobs, shot at and murdered in droves as the British neanderthal fascists taught them a lesson with a smile on their faces before tainting an ebtire community with lies. It was only natural people took arms to combat this and showed them exactly how it felt to face such acts.

Last night saw the Loyalist dopes take up their idiocy another notch, attacking Irish peoples homes, ordinary decent people going about their lives having their windows smashed in by people who are opposed to them having equal status in their own country. This is the blatant truth but RTE, BBC never report it in the basic reality, always pandering to Loyalist right to protest but when it comes to Nationalist protests against evil bigots parading their sectarianism down their streets... we see the police escort them before battering peaceful Irish protesters off their own neighbourhoods. The only way to stop this is by bringing in American and Irish troops to clear these Loyalist gangs and stop them for good. If it takes a final war then so be it.
Report richters January 13, 2013 12:39 PM GMT
good post newco.....sadly the bigot vubiant wont respond to this.he will let the thread continue for a week or so and then he will throw in his custumary insult to anything irish or republican.
Report no-won-sun January 13, 2013 3:40 PM GMT
Spot on newco, that sums up exactly what happened and anyone who doesn't realise that is sadly very badly educated as to what was going on and what caused the "troubles" in the first place. Watch RTE in the coming weeks, because this is only gathering steam now, and bad as the BBC are they are not as bigoted as the freeloaders in Donnybrook.
Report Ozymandius January 13, 2013 3:43 PM GMT
Nah , can't see how anyone would connect the cuddly bunnies of the IRA with two-bit street riots.
The IRA are premier league types who operate on the grand scale - murder , maiming , genocide.
On the other hand someone mentioned 'neanderthals' ? Now that particular cap/beret  would fit the IRA just fine I reckon.

Wonderful post Vubiant, you are back on form!
Report richters January 13, 2013 4:14 PM GMT
ozy ozy ozy OI OI OI........
Report paddletoe January 14, 2013 5:10 AM GMT
This is all about bigotry and sectarianism. The unionists will still see a union flag flown at belfast city hall while nationalists wont see any flag they associate with. Yet, the unionists are the ones out in the streets rioting.

Unionists talk about giving away concessions. Most people would not consider getting equality as a concession.
Report Kelly January 14, 2013 10:55 AM GMT
Some of the word on the street is that the current activity is by way of a smokescreen for other matters . There are currently so many Union Jacks visible in Northern Ireland that one less ( as in City Hall ) matters not one jot .

My niece has  heard that some of her P4 class have been seen out on the street "participating" in the flag protest .  Given that some of them can hardly tie their shoes properly , and with the acknowledged ( by 100% of the unionists I have known all my life ) laissez faire attitude to education exhibited by large elements of the "disadvantaged " on that side of the sectarian divide  , its no wonder that the voting fodder have been easy to lure onto the streets .

The unionist community need to get their act together .  They have been poorly served politically since the 1960's , they have sat on their oars educationally since the 1970's , potential graduates all went pondside during the "troubles" , the jobs for the boys disappeared with the demise of our flagship traditional industries  , and world communications put them in behind the 8-ball .

There are actually no "disadvantaged " unionists  , rules are techically the same for all citizens of Northern Ireland .  But with the reliance on the state fostered by events and employment procedures , subsidies , jobs for the boys , B specials , UDR plus plus ( all gone or drastically reduced availability ) greatly reduced or disappeared things have changed and its not popular . So its spoilt child syndrome .

Plus some are worried about things in the pipeline and are fomenting trouble .

No place for smugness in the nationalist community though .  Both sides need to work hard together to eradicate past misdemaeanours on both sides . But if you dont essentially like the other guy its hard to row the boat without friction and accusations of not pulling your weight .
Report Vubiant January 15, 2013 7:49 PM GMT
As the more enlightened contributors to this thread have been referring to the 'neanderthals' of the IRA ( not forgetting their hapless fellow-travellers ) - it's interesting to note a beautiful phrase coined by Fintan O'Toole in his column today... 'paleorepublican zealotry'. What a gem this is -fresh  from the lexical mint-so accurate,
so descriptively precise,so stunningly and tragically apt.
Fintan is too kind to use the term 'cavemen' -but the meaning is pretty clear.
Mind you it is an unwarranted insult to cavemen to compare them to the loathsome psychotic terrorist-gangsters of the IRA.
Report Deplasterer January 15, 2013 7:59 PM GMT
There's some nice burgers on sale in Tesco at the minute Vubiant, you should try some of them.
Report richters January 15, 2013 8:23 PM GMT
fintan o toole doesnt need any introduction for his anti irish bigoted views..infact he is in the hierarchy of west brits in the 26......infact i would safely say he was frothing at the mouth when he was writing the article......again vubiant and indeed the brave mr o toole have failed to comment on the matter at hand in the sectarian bigots destroying belfast.......vub even with your big words it is clear for people on this forum to see that you are indeed a seething BIGOT.........
Report tyronesam January 15, 2013 8:25 PM GMT
had first hand evidence of these 'protestors'last weekend when they made an attempt to delay and intimidate myself and my young family whilst in our car....the so called authorities were in attendance adopting an observation role while these ass1holes blocked a main road,causing an obstruction and a breach of the peace not to mention their threatening behaviour !!!!how can this go on.....the summer period is bad off when they practice every friday night for their big day on the 12th and then quel surprise after the 12th they are allowed to practice again for their many other parades...take the dole and their other benefits of them ,give them a criminal record and if caught again breaking the law....jail them....oh wait sorry someone/body has to make these arrests....riot away  all day lads and sleep all day   !!
Report never give up January 15, 2013 8:43 PM GMT

Jan 15, 2013 -- 1:59PM, Deplasterer wrote:

There's some nice burgers on sale in Tesco at the minute Vubiant, you should try some of them.

vubiant would probably want a packet of jaffa cakes free with them

Report richters January 15, 2013 8:49 PM GMT
vub will be alrite because he doesnt buy irish goods......
Report Vubiant January 15, 2013 8:55 PM GMT
Correct me if I'm wrong -but according to the IRA these 'Loyalist' people you speak of are 'Irish'(though they don't know it) and the IRA were so anxious that they should be incorporated into a United Ireland polity that they launched a campaign to murder and intimidate same 'Loyalists' into that course of action . I may be missing something but the logic would appear to be 'Join us or we'll kill you' -not the most efficacious of invitations I suggest.
Of course there was another school of thought abroad among the more rabid  paleorepublicans(thanks Fintan Grinwhich was of the ethnic cleansing variety  - drive all the protestant Unionists and Loyalists out of N Ir altogether .
How would the Catholic Unionists have fared I wonder -as Unionist preference is in the majority among Catholics now -sensible folk that they are.
Either way -the IRA/paleorepublicans = a putrid pile of social and political pus.
Report insideinfo January 15, 2013 8:58 PM GMT
tyronesam you say they attempted to intimadate you so in other words you werent intimidated then? and you say they used threatening behaviour?? please elaborate..I have also been held up in protests on a few occasions recently and i have never once felt threatened or intimitadted by those taking part.with the exception of the idiots rioting in east belfast the vast majority of protests have passed off peacefully,but these ones dont make good news im afraid so we never hear about them.

for what its worth i feel it was a big mistake taking the flag down in the first place and in hindsight those who took that decision must realise that they have set northern ireland back years not moved it forward.

when i lived in the south i had no issues with the irish flag being flown on buildings and although i didnt class it as "my flag" it certainly caused me no offence.its about time the so easily offended nationalists in the north realise that whether they like it or not northern ireland remains british and their wishful thinking that we are a united ireland isnt here just yet!!
Report dashero January 15, 2013 9:05 PM GMT
With all due respect Insideinfo your post is flawed and heavily distorted by your allegiance to a certain side of the dispute...
Report richters January 15, 2013 9:10 PM GMT
vubiant you are a clueless BIGOT and i suggest that you dont believe everything that the fantasist fintan writes......inside info i take it you dont believe in democracy....because thats why the flag flying exercise has been reduced to certain days of the year as in line with other councils in the uk....yes a democratic decision from a council with republican/nationalist/unionist alike........the underlying problem hers is as ive said before is not about a flag it is quite simply the unionist people cannot tolerate sharing power with catholics......
Report silvergreaser January 15, 2013 9:50 PM GMT
2013 and the world still hasn't quite evoluted from the ape?
Report tyronesam January 16, 2013 1:19 PM GMT
ok to elaborate......when this illegal blockade stopped my car at least 5 or 6 of these idiots surrounded my vehicle and started to lookin the windows at my young kids in the back,as my children are 7 and 9 this alarmed them greatly and then these ass1holes knocked on my window which i refused to open ....i was tempted to drive on but i would probably have gotten arrested if the police decided to move and do something,  ( no guatantee of that though )
Report newco-Joe67 January 16, 2013 3:19 PM GMT

Jan 15, 2013 -- 2:55PM, Vubiant wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong -but according to the IRA these 'Loyalist' people you speak of are 'Irish'(though they don't know it) and the IRA were so anxious that they should be incorporated into a United Ireland polity that they launched a campaign to murder and intimidate same 'Loyalists' into that course of action . I may be missing something but the logic would appear to be 'Join us or we'll kill you' -not the most efficacious of invitations I suggest.Of course there was another school of thought abroad among the more rabid  paleorepublicans(thanks Fintan which was of the ethnic cleansing variety  - drive all the protestant Unionists and Loyalists out of N Ir altogether .How would the Catholic Unionists have fared I wonder -as Unionist preference is in the majority among Catholics now -sensible folk that they are.Either way -the IRA/paleorepublicans = a putrid pile of social and political pus.

Is that what you really believe or a deliberate bit of ridiculous and childish summary of a rather serious subject ? A United Ireland for many was merely a concept/label that was easy for confused journalists to hang their story upon. Like stated before the Provisional  IRA formed to protect their community from consistent attacks on their community from Loyalist mobs and Loyalist RUC on behalf of a one party government that consisted of no Nationalists.

Civil rights marches in Derry in 1968 set up by Derry housing action committee ( A CAMPAIGN FOR CATHOLICS TO ACHIEVE FULL BRITISH CITIZEN RIGHTS) were banned by the Unionist government as the Loyalist Apprentice boys had heard of the civil rights march and decided to have a parade the same day and same time. The march for equal housing, jobs and status (all with factual statistical evidence to support and prove validity of protest) went ahead and soon faced the RUC  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H11Ce8mmWM  Note no civil rights marchers had any stones, bricks, fireworks, petrol bombs or weapons and were attacked by RUC with 100 injured. The RUC defence was the march was held near a Unionist area and so had potential to cause trouble. Meanwhile the Apprentice boys and Orange order were parading and beating loud drums to the songs of anti nationalist and catholic songs through nationalist areas all across NI with the support of the RUC.
   Following protests that year grew leading up to the Peoples Democracy march from Belfast to Derry start of January 69 set up by students at Queens University. The march was attacked by Loyalist mobs in virtually every town on way with the worst at Burntollit when a Loyalist mob including off duty B Specials injured 13 unarmed civil rights protesters. At the end of march the RUC entered the Bogside and attacked catholic homes. In April the RUC stormed into a Bogside residents 'Samuel Devenny' and beat him so bad he died of his injuries a few months later just weeks away from an Apprentice boy sectarian parade past the Bogside that would be escorted by the RUC. On 14th July Catholic Francis Mcclosky (67) was hit on head by RUC and died becoming first victim of NI troubles
  Nationalist people vowed to show up the blatant double standards of the Unionist controlled state and its henchmen by protesting an Apprentice boys parade in Aug 69 along the City walls of Derry that led directly past many Nationalist areas including the Bogside. They would put the RUC defence of their assaults on civil rights protesters to the test ' It is ok to march in an area that will not cause trouble or offend ' Civil rights for Nationalist seemed to offend Unionists but Sectarian marches are not meant to offend those they are trying to offend apparently. The Battle of the Bogside commenced from Aug 12 to 14th with 1000 injured with violence spreading to Belfast leading to a Loyalist mob taking the opportunity to burn all the catholic homes along Bombay street. The Irish government had made a statement suggesting it would help defend its people but eventually as the RUC were too stretched the British army were deployed for the first time and the battle ended. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-zQoAHJT6g
  The British Army were welcomed by catholic residents in fear the Loyalist B Specials would be deployed with free use of weapons. It became clear that Nationalist/catholics in NI were not to be granted full British citizen rights and attacks by Loyalist mobs, RUC, B Specials were not going to bring any help from the free state Irish government. The Provisional IRA was formed to protect their own communities and 5 months later the Short Strand area of East Belfast was being attacked by a Loyalist gang and in fear of their houses being burned down with them in it the IRA began a gun battle with the Loyalists leaving 6 dead ( 5 Loyalist attackers) No British army or RUC were sent to the Short Strand to help protect catholic residents before IRA launched their first serious attack of troubles. In July 1970 British army battalions , namely Blackwatch ( A Scottish regiment of violent Scottish protestants with a distinct hatred of catholics bred into them from an early age) were sent into the Falls road and after 2 days of rioting 100 weapons, 21000 rounds of ammo and 250 pounds of explosives were found. A drop in the ocean for the British army. A number of Catholic residents and civilians elsewhere in Belfast were killed by the British Army around this period.
  Provos organised themselves as Loyalist mobs continued to attack and kill while government forces were starting to realise the scale of problem. The following year of 1971 saw the first significant year in terms of lives lost including a British army attack in Ballymurphy leaving 11 unarmed catholic civilians die. The IRA across the province was now the only means of protecting the ethnic cleansing that had been going on for decades. The start of 1972 ' Bloody Sunday' followed by the lies to the world and tainting of an entire community was what led to an upsurge in anger and viciousness among the IRA leading to the biggest number of casualties of the troubles and decades of conflict.

The IRA never set off to try to establish a United Ireland. The civil rights marchers wanted full British civil rights. These rights were violently opposed with no protection for those without the rights. The IRA were formed to establish protection and when they did so were met with British Army murder squads.

It would be best for those with their facts wrong to obtain the correct info before repeating British propaganda on the subject. As for more catholics being Unionist , surely you're having a laugh there. For along time catholics want to be part of a United Northern Ireland free from UK and Ireland but with close relations being neighbours. This is what was believed to be in the agreement to bring about peace process. It appears some Loyalists had not realised as such and are still opposed to anything being equal. We now see pictures of residents in Short strand being attacked in same way they were attacked that led to the Provos first mission in 1970. There is no provos today and as Alex Maskey said ' if he was a resident of short strand he would throw stones too to protect his house.

Report newco-Joe67 January 16, 2013 3:29 PM GMT
* The IRA across the province was now the only means of protecting against the ethnic cleansing that had been going on for decades.
Report Kelly January 17, 2013 12:52 AM GMT
The Nolan show tonight on BBC purported to be a frank discussion on the flag issue . If you ever saw someone pouring petrol on a fire , this got close to that .

The studio audience consisted of over a hundred all bursting for their dulcet tones to be heard on the airwaves , plus 5 panellists of differing ( and in some cases diametrically opposed ) views . There seemed to about 80% unionist voices in the audience , which probably reflects the general populace view up here that the flag issue is of  concern mainly  only to the unionist population , those of us not in that camp are well used to various flags used to denote unionist allegiance as NI is littered with them . So its not a big deal relatively speaking one more or one less Union Jack to us .

What is of concern to the non unionist ( and Alliance , who will propsper as a result of this ) is the effect on world opinion , and opinion in the "mother country" , involving so called citizens purporting to value the democracy associated with the ideals enshrined in their  Mother of Parliaments in violent dispute nightly  with the PSNI who slowly but surely are trying to uphold the rule of law fairly for ALL the citizens of NI . Spoke to 2 travellers today in the airport , one back from 6 weeks in New Zealand  and another from OZ , the world is getting a lot of pictures from here recently .  The unionists apparently dont care much about the nightly violence , otherwise they would have stopped it at source .

The level of intransigence invading our sitting rooms tonight does not bode well for the future , the politicians claim to represent the people , but that was not evident from the interuptions and general misdemeanour of a lot of the audience tonight .  Programs like tonight dont help .
Report newco-Joe67 January 17, 2013 10:36 AM GMT
The Nolan show last night represented the minority yet noisy voice of very uneducated Loyalists. This is necessary though and the holes in their education were there for all to see. Apparently the flag is not the issue really, its all about a problem with enquiries into Pat Finnucane and Bloody sunday murders along with other proceedings of that nature. They believe everything is favoring Nationalists.
   A complete misperception that is statistically backed up and when put them by Gerry Kelly that the worst 36 of the top 40 off areas worse off statistically are Nationalist, Jim Wilson could only shout over his answer desperate to hear another cheer from his band of idiots and grossly fat woman supporters in the audience. Wilson argued where were the enquiries for various IRA atrocities on Loyalists. I am sure a lot of people were in jail on both sides for many murders and a lot on both sides got away with many. It took decades to get any progress on the enquiries he mentioned and still with no arrests. This is no justification whatsoever but his supporters have not got the brains to work that out with this little United Protestant Voice lad he has by his side who believes he can win the Unionist vote, he will have a big surprise on that score.

http://www.u.tv/News/Riots-will-lead-new-generation-to-jail/96e8b513-dd76-4027-acf0-40d3fe8afb03

You may have missed the above item by UTV last night that has much better and true views by 4 ex prisoners. The myth of being worse off is driven into poorly educated Loyalists in order to stir them up into committing foolish acts that will only gain them criminal records and poor lives.
Report richters January 17, 2013 11:54 AM GMT
1.10 thurles Top of the Ra 6/4 to place
Report PHILthePOWER January 17, 2013 12:35 PM GMT
The Nolan show last night represented the minority yet noisy voice of very uneducated Loyalists. This is necessary though and the holes in their education were there for all to see. Apparently the flag is not the issue really, its all about a problem with enquiries into Pat Finnucane and Bloody sunday murders along with other proceedings of that nature. They believe everything is favoring Nationalists.

Could not agree more with that statement.

And the same people that were screaming "terrorist" to Gerry Kelly are the same people who were throwing petrol bombs at a catholic church where special needs children where on Monday night, and are pelting houses nightly in the Short Strand while the PSNI sit and watch.

Who is doing the "terrorizing" here then?
Report richters January 17, 2013 1:13 PM GMT
the question that needs to be asked here is how did the IMPARTIAL bbc let 90% of the audience be filled by these thugs...with rangers jerseys and hoodies.i hope vubiant watched the nolan show....and would poise the question to him does he still blanme the IRA for the chaos......i would also suggest to vubiant to go away and educate himself on the matter before jumping 2 feet deep into the discussion on the basis of reading an article by ultra bigot fintan the tool.....
Report richters January 17, 2013 1:17 PM GMT
oi oi topofthera......
Report newco-Joe67 January 17, 2013 1:18 PM GMT

Jan 17, 2013 -- 5:54AM, richters wrote:

1.10 thurles Top of the Ra 6/4 to place

Only for Kilmainham jail Top ofthe Ra would have won

Report richters January 17, 2013 1:21 PM GMT
nice fc newcoe 217.5/1.....
Report richters January 17, 2013 1:22 PM GMT
while were on a roll newco representingceltic ew in the 1.30 ling 3/1
Report newco-Joe67 January 17, 2013 1:35 PM GMT
You need to commit more Richters
Report richters January 17, 2013 1:36 PM GMT
wel take that newco.....
Report newco-Joe67 January 17, 2013 2:00 PM GMT

Jan 17, 2013 -- 7:13AM, richters wrote:

the question that needs to be asked here is how did the IMPARTIAL bbc let 90% of the audience be filled by these thugs...with rangers jerseys and hoodies.i hope vubiant watched the nolan show....and would poise the question to him does he still blanme the IRA for the chaos......i would also suggest to vubiant to go away and educate himself on the matter before jumping 2 feet deep into the discussion on the basis of reading an article by ultra bigot fintan the tool.....

I doubt many Nationalists would want to travel to show considering there were many protesters outside and inside. It showed them up big style to be very misinformed and simple. The BB?C ,UTV, RTE, SKY News are all the same. They will all come from the same angles they believe will fit their agenda.
   Martin McGuinness was rightly outraged that nobody was picking up on the fact Peter Robinson refused to stand side by side with him to condemn violence in same fashion he did with Masserene attack and others. More and more Unionists and Loyalists are being shown to be what they have always been, politically inept and just wrong. They are an embarrassment to ordainary decent protestant people and i guess that is why Aliance is doing so much better in East Belfast as the decent Protestant people want the best for all in their community.

Report paddletoe January 17, 2013 4:53 PM GMT
I keep hearing some unionists saying the public inquiries into killings is all one sided but thats just not true. There has not been a single public inquiry to my knowledge of any killings committed by loyalists during the troubles other than ones linked with state involvlement. So no killings committed by paramilitaries on either side have ever been subject to a public enquiry.
Report newco-Joe67 January 17, 2013 6:52 PM GMT
Parachute Regiment flags erected overlooking the Bogside before Bloody Sunday Anniversary. SF asking Unionists to help take them removed... wild idea here, get up them lamp posts yourself and rip them down ASAP
Report richters January 18, 2013 3:14 PM GMT
i wonder will the wee fat woman from east belfast be shouting thru the broken window of the city hall this weekend........sNOw SURRENDER......
Report never give up January 18, 2013 3:26 PM GMT

Jan 18, 2013 -- 9:14AM, richters wrote:

i wonder will the wee fat woman from east belfast be shouting thru the broken window of the city hall this weekend........sNOw SURRENDER......

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Report PHILthePOWER January 18, 2013 4:35 PM GMT
A passage from the Irish News today about the events on The Nolan Show.

"It is also understood some loyalist audience members cheered when footage of rioters attacking police was shown in the studio, although this appeared to be edited out"

What fantastic spokespeople those guys were for their community.

Lets face it, these loyalist are used to nationalists being viewed as beneath them and now that the tables are slowly turning they can see their 80+ years of discrimination and violent sectarianism is coming to an end and there people are being shown for what they are and always where to the whole world.
Report PHILthePOWER January 18, 2013 4:36 PM GMT
their*
Report richters January 18, 2013 4:45 PM GMT
quite funny phil actually watched the show back and heard the string of pisssh with the fringe cut with a spirit level refer to gerry kelly as a terrorist as he triumphantly applauded everything the  self confessed red hand commando leader said on the show....they really are showing themselves up for what they are im afraid.....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com