Forums

Irish Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Kelly
03 Dec 12 13:35
| Topic/replies: 8,525 | Blogger: Kelly's blog
Still a few about , sadly in my own county .  Grow up lads .

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 172
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 03 Dec 12 13:40
What's this Kelly about the memorial being attacked or the racial abuse of the Crossmaglen player? Or is it something else?
By:
Kelly
When: 03 Dec 12 13:49
The Kilcoo incident , Rocket .  Mindless .
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 03 Dec 12 13:59
Totally agree but you'll get a few on here saying it was just "banter" or "that they get away with too much already".

What did the abusers of the lad Chin get in Wexford?
By:
tobywong.
When: 03 Dec 12 14:06
2 month suspensions and six months for umpire respectively , dealt with and moved on from and i don't think you will get any on here agreeing with your bullshi te spouted above rocket
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 03 Dec 12 14:17
That exactly what were said in recent racial incidents of threads of all toby ! There is a large number of right winged bigots.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 03 Dec 12 17:50
Ah yes, violence and drink!  The Irish answer to everything!
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Dec 12 17:56
Tis you that seems to think violence is okay but that name calling is the big problem.
Fight back does not mean violence and it is possible to celebrate without drink.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 03 Dec 12 18:03
How do I think violence is ok?
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 03 Dec 12 18:10
No surprise to see Wildman acing as the Grand wizard once again on here. No one should put up with that sort of thing, i'm glad they won too as you be posting how they're sore losers.
By:
Ozymandius
When: 03 Dec 12 18:12
Is there a branch of the KKK down Roscrea way?
By:
Ozymandius
When: 03 Dec 12 18:13
p.s. I'm only 'skitting'.
By:
kingrat
When: 03 Dec 12 18:16
there has always been gaa players that like to use the verbals.as far as they are concerned,its fair game.anything to get under the skin of their opponent and get their gander up.if they are successful,it gives them an edge and therefore justified.this isn't cricket or golf ....its man to man marking!
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 03 Dec 12 18:36
Kingrat Cricket verbals (Sledging) is the stuff of legend, i think it goes on most of any sport there. Btw i don't think bringing race, religion or very close to the bone things in is fair game, i played football with a very good lad, he was playing in a county championship GAA match and his opponent turned to him and said it was a nice day for a hanging, the other lad's brother had just taken his own life. God if i had to stoop that law and be that big as a scumbag to try and get an edge i wouldn't bother no matter what the sport, but that's just my opinion and my norms or values.
By:
reb
When: 03 Dec 12 18:56
Nip it in the bud and it wont grow.
By:
kingrat
When: 03 Dec 12 19:39
well as regards what happened to yre friend rf,that would have sparked an all in row,i was not there so maybe you can tell me what happened...yesterday ,cunningham went to the linesman to complain which was perceived as trying to get his opponent sent off,thats just a no no in gaa.
By:
Kelly
When: 03 Dec 12 22:09
Joey Cunningham ( Aaron's dad ) played often at various age levels  against county  teams I was involved with , nobody paid a blind bit of notice to him other than as a gaelic footballer ( and pretty good too ) . Would hate to think that GAA followers are falling into the trap of imitating what they see coming from the other side of the pond .
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Dec 12 22:34
It is interesting that the ultimate fantasist Rocketfingers rehashes a famous story about John Leahy and claims it for himself.
It happened alright but not to the alleged friend of the pathetic one but as his whole life is a fantasy not surprising that he in true Walter Mitty type fashion would blur reality with his fantasies.
By:
kingrat
When: 03 Dec 12 22:41
i dont accept that kelly.i called into my parents today and discussed the issue with my father.my dad said he recalled the said joe cunningham in a club game where he was marked by a well known county player at the time .there was alot of off the ball stuff and eventually the 2 were sent off.i asked my dad what it was all about and he said what do u think?i nodded and left it at that.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 03 Dec 12 22:46
Wildman grow up as usual you have your story arseways. I let you figure that one out though WinkLaugh

Next time when you try to belittle someone make sure you have your story right !
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Dec 12 22:51
Whether you take it from the Linnane point or not is irrelevant,the fact is you took an old story and tried to incorporate in your own sad life and got caught out because we have all heard that story before,how you thought you would get away with it says plenty about you.
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 03 Dec 12 22:56
It's very much relevant that you try to show me up but in fact your point is as i would expect is totally flawed. If you want to show me up as least get your story right for your own sake, do your homework, do a bit of research.
By:
Kelly
When: 03 Dec 12 22:58
Kingrat , that was my own personal recollection of how we in Down treated Joey .  How he was treated at home in Armagh might well be another thing , but I was never at a club game in Armagh .

Cant answer for Armagh jurisdiction , and it might be relevant to comment that Armagh were very much "the enemy " in most Down followers ( certainly south of Newcastle ) eyes in those days  , but our lads at that time were above that sort of activity , they didn't need any so called help from sledging to bolster their game .
By:
wildmanfromborneo
When: 03 Dec 12 23:00
You are admitting that you stole a story put your own alleged friend in it,it sums you up the ultimate Walter Mitty.
By:
workrider
When: 03 Dec 12 23:02
good aul rocket....Laugh....SIR WALTER MITTY....
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 03 Dec 12 23:03
I stole nothing. Now go and get your story right and then come back and apologise. Wink
By:
1.01's no fun
When: 03 Dec 12 23:06
You would have stood out as one of the few black men playing GAA in the ‘80s. Did that get you much unwanted attention?
The abuse I would have got would have been unreal, but to honest with you it was only from certain counties, Monaghan and Tyrone would have been the worst. At the time it was just accepted, it wasn’t right, but it just seemed to be the way that it was

http://www.gaeliclife.com/2011/10/10/cunningham-on-breaking-onto-the-armagh-team/
By:
kingrat
When: 03 Dec 12 23:11
kelly,u have proven to me that you are a bullshtter.
By:
1.01's no fun
When: 03 Dec 12 23:13
^ in reference to Kelly's~
Joey Cunningham ( Aaron's dad ) played often at various age levels  against county  teams I was involved with , nobody paid a blind bit of notice to him other than as a gaelic footballer ( and pretty good too ) .
By:
Kelly
When: 03 Dec 12 23:13
Kingrat how do you figure that out ? You weren't there , so how can you comment on my experiences ?
By:
Kelly
When: 03 Dec 12 23:16
This forum is becoming increasingly full of people who dont read or digest what anybody writes , and just try to throw abuse or uncomplimentary comments about valid posts .  What part of my post is bull , Kingrat ?
By:
kingrat
When: 03 Dec 12 23:19
u obviously have no  experiance what happens on a gaa pitch except what u make up in yre own head.
By:
kingrat
When: 03 Dec 12 23:21
plus your always fcking name dropping,a sure sign of a spoofer!
By:
1.01's no fun
When: 03 Dec 12 23:25
Kelly,whose posts are always informative,still believes Football is played like when his son,deservedly,won an all-ireland  in the 90's
By:
Kelly
When: 03 Dec 12 23:27
Kingrat , guess my playing days count for nothing , plus county involvement , plus club and county administration , as for name dropping there would be documentary evidence somewhere ( on team sheets ) that I was involved in matches where Joey Cunningham played against Down teams . Let the forum decide who is the spoofer .
By:
kingrat
When: 03 Dec 12 23:31
i dont beleive u.this cunningham issue has exposed u imo.
By:
kingrat
When: 03 Dec 12 23:34
when yre name dropping,yre always coming out with a cosy little anecdoteLaugh
By:
Kelly
When: 03 Dec 12 23:42
Not worrying me that you dont believe me kingrat , there are none so blind as those who will not see . My initial post was down to the fact that as a Downman I was abhorred to think that any fellow gaels , such as someone from Kilcoo , would verbally abuse another GAA opponent on basis that his parentage was not true blue Aryan . Certainly not my experience in over 60 years involvement with the GAA inside and outside my own county .

No doubt it happens betimes , but the GAA will be stepping very hard on the necks of those involved , if its proven , judging on reaction I get from contacts .

In the meantime it behoves us all to use whatever influence we have to ensure that this sort of ( alleged to date ) activity belongs elsewhere .
By:
Rocketfingers
When: 03 Dec 12 23:46
I have to admit i noticed kingrat to be pretty much on the ball in this forum and spotted wildman and chitty were bs artists very soon, although that's hardly surprising. But he seems rarely wrong & i have thought it myself, no offense Kelly i must admit, but still found you to be overall a decent chap.
By:
Kelly
When: 03 Dec 12 23:57
Just dont understand the logic involved here rocketfingers , every word I have posted is 100% accurate , as it always is .  How anyone can construe it as bull is beyond me .
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com