Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rubyisgodinthesaddle
03 Nov 12 19:44
| Topic/replies: 2,880 | Blogger: rubyisgodinthesaddle's blog
Have they vanished into thin air down there in Carlow??

For the biggest stable in Ireland they had very few runners so far this Winter Season, and nothing entered up from what i can see over the next week of any interest.

Is there a bug down there folks?? or is he just taking longer to get his stable full of talent  ready for the big prizes.
Pause Switch to Standard View Willie Mullins Stable
Show More
Report dj876 November 3, 2012 6:58 PM GMT
I am only guessing Ruby but could well be a deliberate ploy,he started last year a lot quicker than previous years and they had a quiet spell in and around Cheltenham. Some of his runners ran deplorably at Listowel,they eirher won or tailed off.
Deliberate ploy or maybe there is a problem??
In the last fortnight has only had 13 runners and 2 winners and all runners have been lesser lights.Only 1 bumper runner during that period beaten 25l.
Report Vubiant November 3, 2012 7:00 PM GMT
I think we'll just have 2 weight and sea.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle November 3, 2012 7:02 PM GMT
I only see there summer horses entered up over the coming week orther than than Grade 1 Hurdle at Punchestown.

No updates on Un Atout or Samain etc etc. Very strange for a very media hungry outfit
Report dj876 November 3, 2012 7:04 PM GMT
Sunday 18th November,Morgianna hurdle-Hurricane Fly.

I suppose his most high profile runner so far was a thousand stars dismal run in Tipp hurdle but Mullins said he would need it.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle November 3, 2012 7:08 PM GMT
Its not like these are nothing race meets.

Downroyal
Punchestown
Fairyhouse

They are all big weekends now up to xmas plenty of important races for the season. I personally think he gives his horse not enough practice going to the Festival unless he is changing tactics and running them more frequently but later on in the season
Report Arklearkle November 4, 2012 12:02 AM GMT
Perhaps he is giving some of the other trainers a chance.
Report tony57 November 5, 2012 11:59 AM GMT
for what its worth lads..he did say it a interview that his winter horses are 2wks behind plus ive been told some of his have runny noses..(apparently normal for this time of year } so i prusume we.ll see normal service in the next 2wks..
Report silvergreaser November 5, 2012 12:14 PM GMT
Believe me guys all these expensive French imports will be winning all around them soon enough, when the trainer decides, and they'll lose when the trainer decides too!.
Report ilikewavingatbuses November 6, 2012 11:59 PM GMT
...just like every other trainer that holds a valid licence no less!
Report tony57 November 7, 2012 12:22 AM GMT
i can pass on one of the gigginstown horses died at mullins gallops this morning..also katy walsh has broke her arm..the horse is un.. atout? i think thats how you spell it? but a very promising novice very sad
Report dj876 November 7, 2012 12:26 AM GMT
Un atout won a Naas bumper by 24 lengths on his sole start,big loss.Second year in arow Gigggi lost one of their best horses while in training with Mullins-Love thehigherlaw last year
Report wildmanfromborneo November 7, 2012 12:34 AM GMT
That is bad luck and it certainly wont improve Willie Mullins mood,the horses are sick and despite having horses all over the place they all seem to have something.
Report tony57 November 7, 2012 12:36 AM GMT
yes mullins and gigginstown will not be happy..he mentioned the horse in a stable tour as one who could be anything!
Report dj876 November 7, 2012 12:41 AM GMT
Mullins has 25 entries from Thurles on the 8th to Punchestown on the 18th including
Hurricane Fly
Mikael D'hageuenet
So young
Gorgeous Sixty
Rupert Lamb
Thousand stars
Ut De Sivola
Blazing Tempo
Tarla
Blackstairmountain
Tarla
Boston Bob

Market should be informative of their well being or perhaps he won't have many runners?
Report tony57 November 7, 2012 12:43 AM GMT
theres a bug in the yard..no secret..some sort of cold..i wouldnt touch them until you see some winning..
Report bobbybocala November 7, 2012 10:41 AM GMT
Un atout is very much alive......still money in the box for the supreme novices......as usual a rubbish story by Tony.....but sure arent we used to that......
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 7, 2012 11:05 AM GMT
"tony57 07 Nov 12 00:22
i can pass on one of the gigginstown horses died at mullins gallops this morning..also katy walsh has broke her arm..the horse is un.. atout? i think thats how you spell it? but a very promising novice very sad"

TONY57,

Are you sure your not mixing him up with "Four Commanders" (another Giggs horse) who died recently from the Morris stable ?
Report tony57 November 7, 2012 8:16 PM GMT
bobbycarala
      i dont make up storys..a owner in the yard called me and told me the horse had broke down and katy walsh had hurt her arm...just because it may still be in the betting for a future race just means the bookies have not removed it yet....dont jump on me until your sure of your facts mate..but as ive said im sure of mine...
Report Major Rumpus November 7, 2012 8:48 PM GMT
All these French names are very confusing. The horse who katie was injured off was ut de sivola. He was fatally injured.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 7, 2012 8:51 PM GMT
A disappointing horse but still bad news for the fat man and Alberts son.
Report tony57 November 7, 2012 8:59 PM GMT
thank you major...i did say i may have got the name wrong..i apologise...
just one more thing bobbybocala..what do you mean your rubbish story?..ive never told a story?
Report kavvie November 7, 2012 9:03 PM GMT
tony dont mind bobby.most on here have him blocked.hes to be avoided at all costs.has nothing constructive or positive to say about anybody or anything.
Report tony57 November 7, 2012 9:10 PM GMT
thanks kavvie
   i know hes trouble,..but i got the name wrong fair enough..but he seems to take pleasure in trying to upset people?..as you say ive not seen anything positive from him?..no tips(that win) or good talking points only causing trouble...very sad...thanks again kavvie..
Report workrider November 7, 2012 9:14 PM GMT
the only thing booby is positive about , is his negativity......Laugh
Report ilikewavingatbuses November 7, 2012 9:21 PM GMT
i wouldnt bother tony. you'll get critisised no matter what. place is a mad house.
Report tony57 November 7, 2012 9:26 PM GMT
hi buses hows things mate long time no chat?...
very good workrider...Cool
Report bobbybocala November 7, 2012 9:29 PM GMT
What the fukk are ye on about.....Tony you firstly told us um atout was dead.....then you said an owner told u it had broken down.....both stories a total load of bollloxx.....another thing Tony is that if it was dead then u wouldn't be able to lay it at any price on here in an ante post market.....please try and be some way factual if u can next time Tony ......stick with kavvie and wonker and you will be ok.....
Report tony57 November 7, 2012 9:43 PM GMT
if you look at my post i said i think thats how you spell it ..i got the name wrong..you are a fool lots of horses have been layed and backed on here that have been killed or injured the day before..as i said i got the name wrong...hang me..Crazy
Report kavvie November 7, 2012 9:47 PM GMT
tony everyone knows what you meant except the mug.dont engage with him is best advice.
Report SHANEBOY_FANTASY_WINS_2011_IRISH_DERBY November 7, 2012 9:49 PM GMT
.....if the horse was dead there would be very little if none at all looking to back the horse on here.....
Report bobbybocala November 7, 2012 9:53 PM GMT
Tony 57.....you said it was a gigginstown horse and you think it was called un atout.....then you told us it was broken down and not dead.....the unfortunate horse was called ut de sivola and owned by Mr Reynolds.....they both had French names ....that's the only part you had right .....the rest as I said was total bollloxx.....
Report tony57 November 7, 2012 9:54 PM GMT
you miss my point shane..it may be just co,s the bookies have not took it out the tissue..or no one knows of it..
Report SHANEBOY_FANTASY_WINS_2011_IRISH_DERBY November 7, 2012 9:56 PM GMT
.....when a fancied horse is out of a big race for whatever reason you will spot it on here first..there will be no money queueing to get on..if there was plenty of money still looking to get on it is a fair bet that there is nothing wrong with the horse.....
Report bobbybocala November 7, 2012 9:58 PM GMT
Kavvie.....shut up ya total toolbox.....everybody knows what he meant my hole.....so when he said un atout was dead everybody knew it was ut de sivola he meant.....go and lie down ya gobber ya....
Report tony57 November 7, 2012 9:58 PM GMT
i said a gigginstown horse cos i thought it was un atout? you are full of it..you know sweet fa..did you know a mullins horse had been killed or katy had broke her arm? no wonder you are held up to ridicule on here!..i wont answer you again..you just get off on talking crap...
Report frankalsoran60 November 7, 2012 10:05 PM GMT
Let it go lads THIS COULD BE A VERY USEFUL THREAD IN THE COMEING WEEKS.Happy
Report bobbybocala November 7, 2012 10:10 PM GMT
Tony.....no I didn't know about any dead horse or broken arm either.....the difference between me and you is....if I was relaying a story about a dead horse.....I would have it right .....
Report ilikewavingatbuses November 8, 2012 8:25 AM GMT
not too bad tony thanks, winning a bit, lose moreLaugh but im happy. looking forward to the jumps season, the flat was really awful this yr I thought, worst yr for a long time.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 8, 2012 5:54 PM GMT
BJG 07 Nov 12 17:01......
"Mr Eboue 07 Nov 12 12:07 Un atout of Willie Mullins - dead".
Where did u see this Mr E?? 

Mr Eboue 07 Nov 12 17:09......
Irish forum BJG. (Willie Mullins thread)
Not confirmed in the media yet.

BJG 07 Nov 12 22:04........
Un Atout is not dead!

Mr Eboue 07 Nov 12 22:17.........
The guy was talking bollux.

BJG 07 Nov 12 22:37.....
Got his names mixed up - Ut De Sivola the unlucky one
Report ChildOfMine2 November 8, 2012 9:02 PM GMT
Ut De Sivola is confirmed the unfortunate horse. Was returned in training as 'dead' to HRI today along with Four Commanders.
Report wildmanfromborneo November 8, 2012 9:24 PM GMT
Only one runner today in Thurles for Willie Mullins,Local Celebrity.He is not a horse I like but he ran a nice race and didn't look sick so maybe the rumours of his horses well being are wide of the mark although why he is not running them is a mystery.
Report workrider November 8, 2012 9:36 PM GMT
did you have a look at this one yourself  in the paddock wildman ?....
Report wildmanfromborneo November 8, 2012 9:40 PM GMT
Yes not the best looking horse I have ever seen but he at least looked healthy.
Report workrider November 8, 2012 9:54 PM GMT
ok thats fine ,  thanks .....sorry wildman , one other question , did he look fit to you ...?...
Report wildmanfromborneo November 8, 2012 10:12 PM GMT
Yes very fit and wouldn't think much improvement to come.
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 8, 2012 10:26 PM GMT
2012/2013 SEASON........ reported so far...

ABERGAVNNEY.......died in Coral Cup.

CHEATINGSIDEOFTOWN.....didn't survive after last fence fall in Carlisle.

DOONEYS GATE.......died at Becher's in Aintree.
DRUMBALOO..........rip at Ludlow in May.

EDUCATED EVANS.....another Cheltenham casualty.

FLORIDA PEARL......could not be saved and was put to sleep.
FLORRY KNOX........one of Pat Flynn's died in Tramore.
FROLIC ALONG.......rip at Plumpton.
FOUR COMMANDERS....Kicking King's brother RIP after heavy fall in Galway.
FOUR FIDDLERS......died at Aintree, another one from the Nick Alexander stable yard.
FROLIC ALONG.......rip at Plumpton.

GRAIGUECULLEN......fatal fall with BJG on borad in Roscommon.
GO BALLISTIC.......23yo RIP in August.
GREAT ENDEAVOUR....was found with a broken leg and put down.

HONG KONG ISLAND......McCain's on his first attempt at hurdles, RIP.
HONOURABLE ARTHUR.....Died of a heart attack.

JOYS ISLAND.......RIP in Cork.

KALAHARI KING.....Retired.
KALELLSHAN........broke his leg and was put down in front of the stands at Ascot.
KAUTO STAR .......Retired.
KILMORE WEST......no longer with us.

MARLOS MOMENT.....RIP in Tipperary on 22nd Oct. after hitting a hurdle hard.
MON MONE..........Retired, Venetia Williams ?
MONTJEU...........16yo died after illness last March.

NEPTUNE COLLONGES....Retired.
NINE DE SIVOLA.......Ferdy Murphy's put down due to illness.
NOLAND...............Retired.

OSIRIXAMIX........RIP in Listowel.

PERSIAN GATES.....fatal leg injury in Market Rasen.
PREMIER DANE......Pipe's died in Kerry National at Listowel.

SCOTSIRISH.........fatally injured in Cheltenham.
SOUS LES CIEUX.....6yo killed in a schooling accident at WPM yard.
STATE OF PLAY......Retired.

TARN HOWS..........died in Uttoxeter.
THAT'LLDOBOY.......Paul Nicholls 6yo collapsed & died after race at Exeter.
TIPPING TIM........died at 27yo.
TORNEDO SHAY.......7yo RIP in Listowel on 22nd Sept. after tired fall.
TRAFFORD LAD.......Butler's lost him earlier in the year.

UT DE SIVOLA.....(not to be confused with "Un Atout").....confirmed "dead to HRI" on WPM gallops.

VANILLA RUM........5yo won 3 times in Wolverhampton this year, RIP.
VELVET BULLET......bad fall at Fairyhouse. 99% sure he is RIP.
Report ChildOfMine2 November 8, 2012 10:29 PM GMT
Lads, any word on Solwhit? Is he back in full training yet or gone for another season?
Report limerick November 8, 2012 10:51 PM GMT
no word of him round these parts.he was reportedly back in training and was to remain over hurdles this year.not much has been said since.wasn't he entered for the world hurdle at one stage last yr but didn't make it.if he is coming back maybe he could be aimed at that.not much being said bout weapons amnesty either although Davy did give him a mention on atr recently.hard to get em back the same
Report limerick November 8, 2012 11:01 PM GMT
http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/25510/8094731/byrnes-duo-back
this was bout a month ago
Report workrider November 9, 2012 10:26 AM GMT
thanks again wildmanfromborneo....
Report tony57 November 11, 2012 2:43 PM GMT
mullins pulled his horses out today ..as has been said some of his are not well could be worse than first thought/
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle November 11, 2012 3:50 PM GMT
Has to be something wrong. I wonder will Sir Des Champs make it for the John Durkan now especially after Flemenstar win today Willie might look to miss it.
Report DMCK November 12, 2012 3:26 PM GMT
i was told last week that the fillies yard have a virus nothing major but enough to keep Zuzka from running at the weekend, been told zuzka will prob go in early dec.

if that helps anyone to whats going on re the stable
Report workrider November 12, 2012 4:15 PM GMT
thanks for that dmck , i backed g sixty on sat ..looked at her in the paddock and she looked smashing , got a easy lead for over a mile , then someone pulled the plug ....
Report DMCK November 12, 2012 4:40 PM GMT
I was suprised he had anything going because i was told all the fillies were on meds (a precaution for most) and that was main reason not going to get going till 1st week of dec.
Report silvergreaser November 12, 2012 4:43 PM GMT
not a thing wrong with them, they'll be winning left right and centre when he decides, punters worst enemy not the dreaded bookmaker but the sleeveen trainer.
Report pa lapsy November 12, 2012 5:09 PM GMT
He has plenty of entries for Downpatrick and Clonmel and the weekend(know you said the fillies yard DMCK,sound),suppose there now looks a fair chance we won,t see Tarla on Thursday.
Would there be a doubt about the Fly in the Morgiana?
Report soapp November 12, 2012 6:08 PM GMT
I backed City Slicker (4/1 2ndfav) in the bumper on Saturday. Looked great in the paddock. Travelled sweetly and found nowt in the straight. I thought it was an e/w steal. Cry
Report limerick November 12, 2012 6:45 PM GMT
over on irishracing they're previewing thurs mares chase and seem to expect tarla to run.would be a cracker with herself,knockfierna,our Victoria and our girl salley.it'd be a fair test for her on her first start over fences.
Report DMCK November 12, 2012 10:58 PM GMT
i only have limited info from a friend who has a horse(a mare) with the supreme crowd,so the info i got was that there was something viral in the filles yard and that they were all/mostly on meds so a horse we were watching wont be racing for another 2/3weeks. for all i know the fly and rest of the boys are flying
Report frankalsoran60 November 14, 2012 1:34 PM GMT
wILLIE INTERVIEWED on at the races just now ; he said that there getting there slowly .. hurrican fly is very well in himself and he said he would like the ground for his 1st run this weekend.
Report limerick November 14, 2012 5:18 PM GMT
one winner today and two beaten favs.tarla declared for tomorrow and has been priced up at 5/4 wit pp.conditions of the race def suit her receiving 12lbs.still and all it's her first time over fences facing some experienced mares.its all about potential with her I spose but at 5/4 it's short enuf.
Report DMCK November 14, 2012 6:51 PM GMT
id be laying it.
Report limerick November 14, 2012 9:40 PM GMT
ya still thinking mares yard under au cloud dmck?
Report ChildOfMine2 November 15, 2012 11:26 AM GMT
Thought the three Mullins horses ran ok yesterday, the lad in the bumper came up against a good one in Meade's winner. Tarla has already won this season so given a clear round, hopefully she should win.
Report koikeeper November 15, 2012 12:39 PM GMT
Tarla, a good jumper of a hurdle & fences should not pose a problem....has to be the bet getting the weight imo...would like to see her go from the front.
Report Monte Christo November 15, 2012 1:02 PM GMT
Blush
Report ChildOfMine2 November 15, 2012 1:05 PM GMT
I wouldn't worry about The Paparazzi Kid - he's been for sale in the RP for the past three months and they can't get rid of him. He's clearly no good!
Report workrider November 15, 2012 3:09 PM GMT
impressive alright , i'd like to have seen our girl sally put in a good round , she was a little unlucky twice , one at the fence at the top on the hill , again at the one before the straight ...worth keep in mind ....
Report Catch Me ifyoucan November 15, 2012 5:05 PM GMT
IR.com......

As regards the health of his string, the champion trainer remarked:

"Whatever was there seems to be gone now but we had a few horses coughing and it slowed things down for about ten days. We got some of the fillies that were coughing out of the yard.

"We've been able to kick on in the last ten days."
Report frankalsoran60 November 18, 2012 3:10 PM GMT
Looks like Willis back on song.. Happy
Report DMCK November 20, 2012 8:42 PM GMT
im told the mullins good thing tomorrow will win one of the novice hurdles in march, i think the neptune is the one
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle November 22, 2012 7:16 PM GMT
Jesus they have some fancy recruits don't they?
Report ilikewavingatbuses November 22, 2012 7:28 PM GMT
surpised if one of them win the neptune tbh.
Report DMCK November 27, 2012 11:43 AM GMT
i was on about the french import, i was impressed given how long it was since last racecourse appearance and won with plenty in hand. the Neptune was my own opinion, i dont think the supreme will be the one tho
Report CheltenhamRoar November 27, 2012 12:01 PM GMT
Whats the name DMCK?

i like the look of Twigline myself,Very lucky owners that lot!
Report DMCK November 27, 2012 3:18 PM GMT
yeah Twigline is the one. dont understand the drift on the live show as 1/2 seemed right from the word on the grapevine, il be with whichever novice hurdle she is in come march
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com