Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
timidpeopleruleok
02 Oct 12 13:13
| Topic/replies: 69 | Blogger: timidpeopleruleok's blog
this morning (2/10) and Brian Carty commenting on the re-appointment of Anthony Daly as Dublin hurling manager said "He certainly has the pedigree for the job". Now if any other proof was needed of the incompetence of the man this is surely it, after all what gives Daly the so called pedigree? Anthony Daly, after the defeat of Dublin by Kilkenny commented  "they could have picked up 15 lads from The Red Cow Hotel and gotten them to do a better job" and were then dumped out of the championship by 14 man Clare. Hardly a manager to inspire confidence but Brian sees him as some sort of Messiah! Brian, listen as Aidan O'Brien would say, Brian Cody, Ger Loughnane, Liam Sheedy, John Allen, Justin McCarthy would be men who could be mentioned as having a pedigree for management and there are many more besides too numerous to mention but ffs Brian engage your brain before you make such a remark in future.
Then I suppose we can expect this from an organisation that has given us such jewels as Des Cahill and Ger Canning, thank God for the off button.
Pause Switch to Standard View I was listening to Morning Ireland
Show More
Report freddiek October 2, 2012 2:42 PM BST
do you remember when the little group of gaa managers and/or players wouldnt cooperate with RTE Radio, after poor Brian didnt get the commentary gig when Micheal O'M retired? Cringeworthy stuff.
Report timidpeopleruleok October 2, 2012 2:50 PM BST
Yea, and Brian would be able to fill MoM's boots, I don't think so, one of the few decisions RTE got right. But today is all about Brian the donk who made a statement which was eyebrow raising at that time of the morning, indeed at any time of the day. Jeez paying a licence fee for garbage like that!
Report Arklearkle October 2, 2012 3:24 PM BST
Once upon a time I used to listen to Morning Ireland on the way to work. Stopped could not listen to it any longer. Nothing to do with Brian Carthy just the shower which were normally on. My understanding of that group (unhappy re Brians treatment) was that some/many of them did not even pay a licence to RTE. A bit like someone from the south telling the BBC how to run their affairs.
Report no-won-sun October 2, 2012 4:45 PM BST
Agree, the crowd on that prog spend 2 hours each morning pontificating and telling where the cuts should be made. Make cuts anywhere once it's not in RTE seems to be the motto. A fortnight ago there was a court case in Manchester involving some dope smugglers who had been caught off the Cork coast and Paschall Sheehy had to go over to do a report on court proceedings, there's a waste of money. Brian O'Connell too busy no doubt to come up from London. But the sport staff do it for me, Yesus wept, reporters, and your right timid Des Cahill, joke, and now the champions league games back once more we'll have the hilarious Bill O'Herlihy and the three muppets.
Report Santry October 2, 2012 6:43 PM BST
They sent Greg Allen over to the Ryder Cup to do the odd report and radio coverage. Waste of money as you could see it on Sky live or BBC delayed.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com