Forums

Irish Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rubyisgodinthesaddle
25 Sep 12 21:49
| Topic/replies: 2,689 | Blogger: rubyisgodinthesaddle's blog
Finally the long summer is over and we are back. Slowly however but we are back and kicks off with Noel Meade and Nina on Benevolent up north.

Also Sea of Thunder is entered up for a Beginners Chase on Sunday I see as is the Gordon Elliot Un Beau Matin also on Saturday.

Let the fun begin!
Pause Switch to Standard View The Gigginstown Thread 2012/2013
Show More
Report Catch Me ifyoucan March 9, 2013 8:56 PM GMT
Chelt,

hth

simply perfect 09 Mar 13 01:19
Speaking of the twitter machine seem to be some rumours about a certain cork jockey regularly seen sporting maroon colours doing the rounds...

dj876 09 Mar 13 01:21
Simply perfect
Care to elaborate or is it just about their relationship coming to an end??

simply perfect 09 Mar 13 01:24
I presume it's ok to copy and paste tweets and not get into trouble if it turns out not to be true?

dj876 09 Mar 13 01:27
Ah I don't know, it depends probably better off to paraphrase cutely.
Report The Gotchee March 13, 2013 7:57 AM GMT
With all their horses and all their trainers they couldn't get one horse ready for the RYANAIR CHASE, instead they rerouted  First Lieutenant, a horse that has been aimed at the Gold Cup all year. Why Why Why? Is Michael O Leary's ego getting the better of him or does he really think he can win both the Ryanair and Gold Cup. Is it a publicity stunt in the hope that he can win his own race and have his mug all over the paper? Whatever the reason it is not in the best interest of the horse or the trainer to run First Lieutenant in the Ryanair. I am furious as I am sure Mouse Morris is. He may be a good businessman but he is a dunce when it comes to horses. Firthermore Sir Des Champ has little chance of being placed, the way he jumps I can see him on the floor.
Report norn iron March 13, 2013 8:36 AM GMT
CANT BELIEVE GIGG AINT GOT RUNNER IN RSA ?
Report CheltenhamRoar March 13, 2013 12:56 PM GMT
Couldn't agree more with The Gotchee,An absolute joke that their running FL in the Ryanair.
Wont win,And SDC wont be winning the GC.
Report CheltenhamRoar March 13, 2013 12:57 PM GMT
it's been a disaster of a season for Giggy if were been honest.
Report The Gotchee March 14, 2013 9:50 PM GMT
This operation is being run by an inept shower of bollixes'. Fools when it comes to horseracing.
Report STELLAR MANIPULATOR March 14, 2013 10:11 PM GMT
Gigginstown wanted War of Attrition to run in the Ryanair a few years ago but Mouse preferred the GC , got his way and the rest is history. Cant help speculating that DR was the main reason why FL didnt go the GC route this year. I didnt attend any of the previews but I understand from reports that he was constantly banging on the drum that FL should go in the Ryanair , wouldnt stay in the GC on the soft ground etc etc . It would be nice to think that he genuinely believed that to be the case but it is a far more likely scenario that self interest was the bigger motivation. And maybe Giggy might defer more to the trainer in future especially one as good as Mouse at Cheltenham ?
Report punchestown March 15, 2013 2:20 PM GMT
I'd say Mouse was spitting feathers with the horse running in the Ryanair...
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 15, 2013 6:47 PM GMT
A disaster of a week, but we all knew it would be tough before it started.

Sir Des Champs has actually regressed when it comes to his ability to travel during his race and I wouldnt be surprised if there is a little something bothering him somewhere, still he is as gutsy and he is a top class horse. That was a mighty run today and looked the winner a long part of the way. That was a hell of a effort for a horse a year out of novice company and I would be backing him to win it next year.

Mouse Morris how many times have I said it, what a trainer what a man, should have a full yard of horses from giggy but he doesn't and what a huge error they are making.

Finally Noel Meade, Noel Meade why do they even bother give him horses, where was Road to Riches today?, why is all his horses injured, why does he have such a putrid record in the festival. I give him the beenefit every year but thats it, forget him I am sick to teeth of him and his excuses. Your not up too take on the big boys, keeping winning races in Paddy Fields in November.

Waste of time giving good bloodstock to these lads. Mouse Morris you are a legend and constantly deliver every year no matter what horses you have. LEGEND!

A lot to answer for does Eddie O Leary, a lot to answer for!
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 15, 2013 6:50 PM GMT
Also I like to say Bog Warrior ran a fantastic race,maybe went off too quick but I think he has found his niche and I would possibly take him to win the Hurdle race in Punchestown. Quevaga is there for the taking I feel.
Report Tucho March 15, 2013 7:04 PM GMT
bog warrior was found to have fractured a leg

won't be running at punchestown
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 15, 2013 7:06 PM GMT
Oh no the bad news just continues....ffs!! will he ever race again?
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 15, 2013 7:28 PM GMT
Just googled and Martin says he should run again but we will wait and see IMO.

Very happy for Irish NH to be recording 3 very good season of results after the famine before.

We have some real quality horses, trainers, jockeys and huge owners. We should have a few more lining up in the Gold Cup and a few more winners.

Fair play to Willie Mullins, some smashing novice chasers in Rule the World and Pont Alexandre next year!
Report CheltenhamRoar March 15, 2013 9:54 PM GMT
That's as bad as it gets,A huge operation and not one winner at Cheltenham,A huge overhaul is needed to sort this mess out.
Report The Gotchee March 15, 2013 10:29 PM GMT
First Lieutenant should have run in he Gold Cup and Sir Des Champs should have run in the Ryanair chase. This operation is around for some time now but it it gets worse every year. Not one horse in the RSA is mind boggling. This years Cheltenham was a complete embarrassment. 150+ horses in training and that's the best they can come up with. Hang your head in shame. Mouse Morris is too good to be training horses for them.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 15, 2013 10:45 PM GMT
No horse in the RSA...is mind boggling as is no horse in the Arkle or Jewson. No Novice chasersLaugh
Report CheltenhamRoar March 15, 2013 10:46 PM GMT
Mouse must be absolutely seething that o'leary ran FL in the Ryanair,Absolute disgrace of a decision.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 15, 2013 10:47 PM GMT
I assume it was not Mouse's decision, I still think Sir Des Champs is a better horse but why not have a crack at the big one?
Report CheltenhamRoar March 15, 2013 10:53 PM GMT
100% not Mouse's decision,Mouse knows he's a GC Type,He was quoted as saying "all he does is stay" re FL when recently asked about the horse,Look at First Lieutenants form ffs,it's Gold Cup form,2nd to Bobs Worth in the Hennessey when obviously Mouse wouldnt have had him at his peak,Was in front of Sir Des Champs in the Lexus,and going by where SDC finished today FL would have been bang there with the extra 2 Furlongs right up his street.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 17, 2013 10:12 PM GMT
2 winners today...Security Breach might win a few over the summer.

Fenton's was disappointing but I hate Limerick, its a wrectched course where the ground is very important, reminds me of the bowl racecourse across the pond.

Hopefully Panther Claw will run well tomorrow, course should suit.
Report Santry March 18, 2013 1:38 PM GMT
On the Giggy efforts at Cheltenham.Un Atout ran a fine race for such an inexperienced horse in the opener. Tofino Bay idled away the NH Chase. Rule The World ran a fine race beaten by a very good one.First Lieutenant was a disappointment but would not have been mapped in the Gold Cup on that performance.I think Bog Warrior was not going to be caught and would have won the Stayers Hurdle but for the injury.Romanesco ran well with no luck in running.Sir De Champ ran a blinder in a good Gold Cup and is all to play for next year.
Report CheltenhamRoar March 18, 2013 4:07 PM GMT
Jesus thats great Santry,How many winners did they have?
That's what it's all about,Not hard luck stories,You've given an excuse for every single Giggy horse.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 29, 2013 8:18 PM GMT
Okay so now another big Week.

Bright New Dawn goes for the Grade 2 Novice over 2m4f and shouldn't find himself out of the places.

Roque Angel, Allnslow and Rye Martini all line up in the handicap, lets hope they can all run into some sort of form.

Raise Hell in another handicap and Dedigout should really be thereabouts in the Powers Gold Cup but looks a very hot renewal.

Real Steel runs in the bumper and again looks a hot race.

Roi Du Mee, Born in Fire and Toostrong all run at Cork on Sunday. Hopefully Born in Fire will kick on and with the best trainer in the country IMO at him I think he will.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 31, 2013 5:10 PM BST
Roi Du Mee again proves the most reliable horse that the owners have, jeez I love to own one like him.

Dedigout got outpaced but stayed on well and 3miles really is what he wants.

Bright New Dawn could prob do with a break now before novice chasing next year. Real Steel showed promise in the bumper.

The rest are nothing!
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle March 31, 2013 6:53 PM BST
I think Azorian is the bet tomorrow...I loved the way it coasted on the outside to win at Leapardstown. A similar track in terms of finish without being as stiff. Can see the horse just cruise around and press the button job.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 1, 2013 6:36 PM BST
**** sake mangan cannot buy a winner in this game and I leave akorador alone.may stick to the golf
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 1, 2013 6:51 PM BST
Can never depend on jockeys these days. Guess I will have to reply on master of ballydoyle to win me money on these beasts. Has never let me down before
Report The Gotchee April 2, 2013 12:55 AM BST
Nice gesture by the O'Learys to donate 200k to the J.T. McNamara fund. McManus, Magnier, O'Reilly, Smurfit all horrible slithery tax exiles need to come up to the mark.
Report Santry April 2, 2013 5:54 PM BST
Indeed a terrific gesture by Michael O'Leary and in stark contrast to the antics of Mr.Sean Dunne in the USA.
Report Slabster April 2, 2013 7:50 PM BST
Joined: 19 Aug 06 | Topic/replies: 1,174 | Blogger: The Gotchee's blog
Nice gesture by the O'Learys to donate 200k to the J.T. McNamara fund. McManus, Magnier, O'Reilly, Smurfit all horrible slithery tax exiles need to come up to the mark.

I'd say if money can do anything for JT, JP McManus will make sure it happens, so an unfair criticism imo. Nice gesture from Gigginstown.
Report pa lapsy April 2, 2013 8:01 PM BST
Lovely gesture and hat off to Mr O'Leary.
Agree with Slabster, Mc Manus was in visibly shook when interviewed at Cheltenham,does a lot for the country and his home county in his own quiet way.
Report Ozymandius April 2, 2013 8:13 PM BST
quiet way?  he is forever drawing it to our attention in interviews and PR pieces.
Report pa lapsy April 2, 2013 8:19 PM BST
Is he? Really doesn,t have to give anything though truth be told.
Report The Gotchee April 2, 2013 9:09 PM BST
McManus gives nothing to his country. He is just a greedy bollix.
Report GANT007 April 2, 2013 9:22 PM BST
Poor bait.............
Report The Gotchee April 3, 2013 5:58 PM BST
Mc Manus has done nothing for this country and that's a fact. He has a few horses in training, big deal and he throws a few quid at the peasants down in Limerick and they think he is a God. He should show a bit of patriotism instead of his ostentatious behaviour.
Report pa lapsy April 3, 2013 6:30 PM BST
Suppose he could have chipped in a few bob for Harneys and J. Mc Guinesses shower rooms alright.
Report GANT007 April 3, 2013 7:56 PM BST
The gotchee.......Some of us wish a few more of our high flying patriots moved offshore and brought their debts with them.
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby April 3, 2013 9:45 PM BST
He has a few horses in training, big deal and he throws a few quid at the peasants down in Limerick

I find it hard to disagree with this. Amazing how O'Leary is sneered at, yet McManus is portrayed as some messiah.
O'Leary provides employment in this country.......McManus provides a few jerseys for the local Gaa teams.....
Report GANT007 April 3, 2013 9:59 PM BST
Who sneers at Michael O'Leary?.
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby April 3, 2013 10:02 PM BST
Plenty. Usual anti-ryanair brigade. Thread over on the main forum had a go at him for his donation and ranted about ryanair etc...
Report GANT007 April 3, 2013 10:05 PM BST
Some people just hate high achievers but would lick his ar5e if they came face to face with him.
Report pa lapsy April 3, 2013 10:07 PM BST
Surely you wouldn,t be listening to some of the beauties over there (main forum) DJQ.
Report Diamond_Joe_Quimby April 3, 2013 10:20 PM BST
To be fair, O'Leary has long been criticised by many people, the main forum is hardly the first place to do so.

Some people just hate high achievers but would lick his ar5e if they came face to face with him.

Not quite sure what the point above is meant to mean. Surely we'd be criticising O'Leary as well if true.
The responses were to the quote below. It would be interesting to hear what these "Quiet Ways" are.....

does a lot for the country and his home county in his own quiet way.
Report pa lapsy April 3, 2013 10:30 PM BST
Through his foundation DJQ,a lot of money passes through it and to imo genuine good causes,(accounts are available online) as someone else has mentioned the quote above i,ve never been aware of JPM publically looking for acknowledgement or anything of the sort but maybe you can correct me.
Report Slabster April 3, 2013 11:22 PM BST
I couldn't possibly guess at the figures, but the amount of people employed as a direct consequence of JP McManus' interest in horse racing must be substantial.
Report The Gotchee April 4, 2013 8:25 PM BST
I couldn't possibly guess at the figures, but the amount of people employed as a direct consequence of JP McManus' interest in horse racing must be substantial.

This is the same ad shoyte that's trotted out to  give Mc Manus some sort of credibility.  You will find he is more of a parasite than a host. I don't know of anything he has done for his country. 

To get back on topic, First Lieutenant was good today and it looks like connections may have left a Gold Cup behind.
Report CheltenhamRoar April 4, 2013 11:10 PM BST
O'Leary is an idiot and should listen to Mouse in future,
As The Gotchee just said,He may have missed out on another Gold Cup winner.
Report Slabster April 5, 2013 12:24 AM BST
This is the same ad shoyte that's trotted out to  give Mc Manus some sort of credibility.  You will find he is more of a parasite than a host. I don't know of anything he has done for his country.

Where will I find this? Give some evidence man if you're going to cut a fella in half.
Report Santry April 5, 2013 7:27 AM BST
While First Lieutenant won well yesterday the bare form would not have been good to win the Gold Cup. Added to that the better ground was in his favour and I feel the extra distance and stiffer finish at Cheltenham would have taxed his stamina.
Report Ozymandius April 5, 2013 11:00 AM BST
Where will I find this? Give some evidence man if you're going to cut a fella in half.

Its in every paper...all the time.  Cringeworthy stuff.  I wouldn't be surprised that he has a PR person working on the brief to highlight him as this quiet philanthropist man-of-the-people do gooder.
Report GANT007 April 5, 2013 1:46 PM BST
Ozy.......It beats the stories of celtic tiger heroes doing a runner and leaving the stat
Report GANT007 April 5, 2013 1:46 PM BST
Ozy.......It beats the stories of celtic tiger heroes doing a runner and leaving the stat
Report GANT007 April 5, 2013 1:47 PM BST
leaving the state with the tab.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 7, 2013 4:53 PM BST
First of all JP i am sure will leave no expense spared for JT. Can't believe people would even ask that.

Cooper gave Lieutenant a great ride and I really think this guy is Paul Townend esque....clearly has class in abundance on a racehorse.

Road to Riches fell out big time at Aintree? what happened there?. Waste of time looking for Meade to deliver when it counts.

Mouse should get Akorador from Elliott he would turn him into a proper horse just like FL and Rule the world
Report tony57 April 14, 2013 11:47 PM BST
ruby
have you herd of a gigginstown horse called WRATH OF TITANS? out of oscar i belive..i think elliot has it..its meant to run soon and has a lofty reputation...
Report GANT007 April 14, 2013 11:54 PM BST
Tony57.......it won first time out......very nice animal.
Report tony57 April 15, 2013 12:00 AM BST
thanks gant..i only know i was given the horse a while ago and a friend of a mine who has horses told me they think a bit of it..
Report GANT007 April 15, 2013 12:08 AM BST
Gigginstown have some lovely young horses.......that wrath of titans could go for the landrover bumper....he cost €150k unbroken.
Report tony57 April 15, 2013 12:23 AM BST
once again cheers mate..i like the info...one to back then!
Report The Gotchee April 15, 2013 10:48 AM BST
Another mistake Gigginstown continue to make is running their horses in bumpers. In the last 30 years very few Gold Cup winners have run in or won a bumper. I don't know of any Gold Cup winner that has won two bumpers. They are rushing their young horses. The good point to Point winners should go straight over fences and should be trained by Mouse Morris. Their other trainers are not capable of training a Gold Cup horse.
Report jimeen April 15, 2013 10:58 AM BST
What a load of old tosh,their other trainers are not capable of training a Gold Cup horse. Never heard such rubbish in all my born days. Gigginstown employ some good and also some excellent trainers,many of which are well capable of training a gold cup winner. There is only one gold cup a year,they are not that easy to win and the irony of it is that some middle of the road trainers have actually achieved it. Noel Chance has trained twice as many gold cup winners as Mouse Morris,maybe they should give all their horses to him.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 15, 2013 11:15 AM BST
Tom Taaffe trained a Gold Cup winner so obviously some luck required.
Report dj876 April 15, 2013 11:26 AM BST
The last 12 runnings of the gold cup-6 of them have been won by Bumper winners.
Report wildmanfromborneo April 15, 2013 11:35 AM BST
Tom Taaffes Gold Cup winner won the first four year old bumper of the year in Leopardstown when he was effectively a three year old.
Report dj876 April 15, 2013 11:46 AM BST
Correct Wildman,He had plenty of gears,never forget the last in the King George tho.I would imagine he is still the only Gold cup winner to be matched at a 1000.

War of Attrition wasn't slow either,was second beaten by a neck by Brave Inca in the supreme and started Favourite for the following years Arkle.
Report The Gotchee April 15, 2013 12:34 PM BST
1987    The Thinker    9   
1988    Charter Party    10   
1989    Desert Orchid    10   
1990    Norton's Coin    9   
1991    Garrison Savannah 8   
1992    Cool Ground    10   
1993    Jodami    8   
1994    The Fellow    9   
1995    Master Oats    9   
1996    Imperial Call    7   
1997    Mr Mulligan    9   
1998    Cool Dawn    10   
1999    See More Business 9   
2000    Looks Like Trouble 8   
no race 2001 [5]               
2002    Best Mate    7   
2003    Best Mate    8   
2004    Best Mate    9

2005    Kicking King    7   
2006    War Of Attrition 7       
2007    Kauto Star    7   
2008    Denman    8   
2009    Kauto
2010    Imperial Commander 9   
2011    Long Run    6   
2012    Synchronised    9   
2013    Bobs Worth    8   

Those highlighted are bumper winners and Best Mate,Imperial Commander and Bobs Worth only ran once in a bumper (noncompetitive English Bumpers) and no Gold Cup winner won 2 bumpers.
Most of the above Gold Cup winners have never run in bumpers.
Arguably, Willie Mullins best Gold Cup horse was Florida Pearl who never ran in a bumper, or indeed over hurdles.
The point I am trying to make is bumpers can ruin good young horses. Based on the evidence above, if you want to win a Gold Cup keep young horses away from tough competitive Irish bumpers.
Mouse Morris rarely runs one in a bumper,First Lieutenant being one of the exceptions but I doubt that was his decision.
Yes jimean, Noel Chance trained two Gold Cup winners which is remarkable, maybe he is lucky or just like Gary Player, “The more I practice, the luckier I get.”
Report dj876 April 15, 2013 12:38 PM BST
, Willie Mullins best Gold Cup horse was Florida Pearl who never ran in a bumper????????
Report The Gotchee April 15, 2013 1:09 PM BST
Florida did run in bumpers, my mistake.Sad
Report The Gotchee April 15, 2013 1:13 PM BST
Thats why he didn't win a Gold Cup Laugh
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 20, 2013 3:14 PM BST
I would love to think that Sir Des Champs will get back to winning ways next week. Hopefully he does as he is just a beautiful horse and fantastic gold cup horse over the next few years
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 20, 2013 3:15 PM BST
I heard about Wrath of Titans lets hope he is off down to Tipp
Report dj876 April 20, 2013 3:21 PM BST
Will it be Davy's last major meeting as numo uno??
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 20, 2013 3:23 PM BST
Who knows...people on here seem to know a lot more about it than me. What i would say is that there is plenty of young jockeys coming through and Bryan Cooper would not look out of placeCool
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 20, 2013 3:30 PM BST
I would agree that Giggy running too many horse in bumpers....especially as they insisted they do not like them. So why run so many horses in them, I know you dont want to ruin there novice status which is perfectly legitimate but what run some horses in a bog in clonmel on a thursday.
Report Tucho April 24, 2013 1:52 AM BST
rule the world a fractured pelvis i read, is that right? looked terrible
Report wildmanfromborneo April 24, 2013 8:50 AM BST
Had a good look at Very Wood yesterday and I loved him but unfortunately did damage by telling others he is not a bumper horse and definitely not capable of winning a four year old bumper,this lad is a chaser and some prospect.

Wrath Of Titans another lovely horse with a bright future.

Bumpers used to be an introduction for National Hunt horses but now you have flat breds( Very Wood raced against a Galileo) in them,cast offs from Coolmore and the Aga Khan and they are used as a shop window,they are also hard on a young horse.
Gigginstowns good horses are not for sale so don't get why they are now all running in them especially four year old bumpers,I hope they put these two horse by and don't run them in anymore bumpers.

Very Wood is as nice a horse as I have seen in a long time and for him to win a bumper at this stage of his career shows him to be a potential champion.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 24, 2013 9:43 PM BST
Very frustrating the rides gives today...what was Mullins doing on a confirmed front runner???? and very annoyed with the young chap on the Fenton horse. Clearly the best horse in the race just decided to wave to the cows all the way around.

I did have a financial interest but damn those horses should be winning these races.

Sir Des Champs delighted for him to win. Havent seen the race yet so cant really comment beyond that.

He should move forward again!!
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 24, 2013 9:55 PM BST
I must say thanks to Jane Mangan who recouped my losses from her ride on Azorian and then some yesterday.
Report tony57 April 24, 2013 9:59 PM BST
on the bumper issue..i don't think its that the gigginstown mob, dont like bumpers i think its just the cheltenham bumper they don't like?..a few trainers in the uk wont run there best bumper horses in it..Henderson thinks it ruins some horses so wont run unless his owner is adamant..giggy have so manny now they have to run them in bumpers?..i for one love the races...and punchestown imo would not be the same without the 2 a day? grin:]
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 25, 2013 7:21 PM BST
I getting stuck into this Turnandgo, Dear god if Mullins rides this from behind I will shoot him.

Ride him up in the van or at worst in the top 3 and he will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 26, 2013 11:08 AM BST
Jersualem Bells and High Handel entered in the bumper tomorrow.

Think i be following Jane Manghan again it is is well supported say possibly price 3/1 and below
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 27, 2013 8:43 PM BST
Around 2 Million pounds in prize money that Giggy have won.

Some really nice horses there and nice to See Un Atout get a grade 1. Sir Des Champs came best in the spring as usual.

Gigginstown have constantly improved year after year.

Next year may be the Golden one
Report dj876 April 27, 2013 8:50 PM BST
What would you estimate are Giggy's costs per annum excluding the initial purchase prices? ?1.3M - 1.6M??

I would imagine the operations costs O'Leary about €1.5m per year,but I suppose that's affordable when you're worth in excess of half a billion.
Report The Gotchee April 28, 2013 1:45 AM BST
Gigginstown have constantly improved year after year.

Are you serious? maybe in terms of winners but not in quality. I thought this year was regressive.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 28, 2013 12:30 PM BST
When was the last time they had a true Gold Cup horse like Sir Des Champs. War of Attrition all those years ago.

I not saying they are perfect, far from it. But they are at least moving forward every year. Just need to cut out the flat horses.
Report Santry April 28, 2013 12:39 PM BST
Gigginstown have a lot of decent horses but are also in danger of falling into the McManus trap i.e. having a lot of deadwood. Should head for the sales and offload some of it . They had 7 runners in the handicap won by The Papperazzi Kid yesterday.
I am convinced that circumstances conpired to cost them the Gold Cup this year. If Davy Russell was riding Sir De Champs ive little doubt he would have won.
Report GANT007 April 28, 2013 12:40 PM BST
Gigginstown have some smashing young horses and can only get stronger.
Report dj876 April 28, 2013 12:56 PM BST
"If Davy Russell was riding Sir De Champs ive little doubt he would have won"

That's quite a statement,I thought Bob's Worth was a clear and decisive winner.

I thought the ground had a bigger impact than the jockeys but not sure SDC will ever reverse placings.
Report Arklearkle April 28, 2013 3:24 PM BST
Bobsworth won seven lengths going away SDC fell over the line. If SDC had to run another furlong up the same slope he would have been pulled up. Nothing any jockey could have done. As much as I would like to see it happen it will be difficult for SDC to turn the tables at Cheltenham unless he improves considerably. Bobsworth was unconvincing in the middle part of the Hennessy also but the further they went the better he got.
Report The Gotchee April 29, 2013 10:07 PM BST
I still think First Lieutenant is a better horse than Sir Des Champs. The mistake at the 3rd last cost him the race. I hope they run FL in the Gold Cup next year.
Report Arklearkle April 29, 2013 10:56 PM BST
Would not yet be convinced that FL is better than SDC but I would accept that perhaps he could be. It is correct to say that very few horses could have won having made a mistake like that at such a crucial stage of a race like the Ryanair.
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle April 30, 2013 8:50 PM BST
FL just isn't good enough to win a Gold Cup.

He is just a rung below what is required. Sir Des Champs however is and will beat FL every single time they meet!
Report The Gotchee May 1, 2013 11:02 PM BST
First Lieutenant is a better horse than Sir Des Champs. His mistake at the 3rd last at Punchestown cost him the race. Mouse Morris had him cherry ripe for the Gold Cup but he was inexplicably  sent to the Ryanair Chase. First Lieutenant has already beaten Sir Des Champs so I dont know what you are on. Lets see who will be right next year.
Report dj876 May 2, 2013 10:29 AM BST
First Lieutenant was outstayed in the RSA by Bobs Worth over 3m(on good ground),outstayed in the lexus over 3m.
It's not possible for FL to win a gold cup,SDC is a possibility.(hard to see past Bobs Worth in current form-Trip/course ideal)

I wouldn't say FL would never beat SDC (EG.John Durkan over 2m 4f or an easy 3m-Aintree)but he will never beat him in a gold cup over 3m 2f at Cheltenham -FL would be gasping for oxygen coming up the hill over 3m 2f in the gold cup.
Report The Gotchee May 2, 2013 6:23 PM BST
I always thought the RSA was over a trip of 3 miles 110 yards. He wasnt fully wound up for the Lexus and he is Irelands best chance of winning a Gold Cup next year. Ask Mouse Morris.
Report dj876 May 2, 2013 6:36 PM BST
LaughLaughHow many yards are in a furlong??It's called rounding-I always thought the Gold Cup was over a trip of 3m 2f and 110 YARDS
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle May 4, 2013 1:26 PM BST
No way over 3 miles in a Grade 1 will First Lieutenant ever beat Sir Des Champs. Put in his place at Punchestown even when Sir Des Champs had a gruelling Gold Cup to get over and also far from ideal ground conditions.

Mouse Morris thinks he is a gold cup Horse so do i too but he Sir Des Champs is betterCool

In regards to beating him a head at Leapardstown last Xmas in Lexus...you are joking rightLaughLaughLaughLaugh.

Next year will reveal all
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle May 17, 2013 5:54 PM BST
Eddie O Leary is finally listening to me. He gives a horse to Henry and he win 100% STRIKE RATE

Another winner for Mullins last night. Lets hope now they don't lose him in the field and keep he going over the summer.
Report CheltenhamRoar October 7, 2013 11:00 PM BST
ruby u need to make a new giggy thread for the new season Cool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com